[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Batman defeat him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15

File: Lucifer.jpg (193KB, 742x548px) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer.jpg
193KB, 742x548px
Could Batman defeat him?
>>
>>91473866
with prep time yes

now gtfo
>>
>>91473866

Batman is God, so he sort of set Luci up in the first place, didn't he?
>>
File: 326569.368x480.jpg (17KB, 368x480px) Image search: [Google]
326569.368x480.jpg
17KB, 368x480px
>>91473866
He looks like a fucking crack head here.
>>
>>91474070
Please please please don't act like your Cop show is better than the og
>>
>>91474139
didn't say that. he just looks fucked is all I'm saying.
>>
As much as I love sandman's writing and art,this version of Lucifer never stops looking like a hippy from the 70s to me
>>
>>91475359
>>91474070
He is suppused to look like David Bowie.
>>
>>91473866
No.
>>
Doesn't Batman literally have an angel on speed dial? He has since the 90s. And any angel can whip the ass of even the Prince of Demons, assuming standard Miltonian/Dantean cosmology holds true in DC.
>>
>>91475456
>And any angel can whip the ass of even the Prince of Demons, assuming standard Miltonian/Dantean cosmology holds true in DC.
Read more comics.
>>
>>91475456
DC religious hiearchy when Sandman and Lucifer was being published put it as: The Presence (God), Michael (with God's demiurgic power), then Lucifer above everything else.Those three were few of the individuals that Death could not touch. Late in the series, Lucifer destroys Michael when Michael loses the connection to the Presence (Lucifer was possessed by Fenris rage and did not mean to kill him).

If Michael died, the result would be catastrophic, as seen in the book
>>
>>91475547
>>
>>91475509
>>91475547
I guess I do need to read more comics that involve DC's versions of angels and demons. I'm just going off of Paradise Lost and the Divine Comedy, wherein any chump angel is more powerful than Satan because God's power simply can't be beat.
>>
>>91475563
Literally the power of creation
>>
>>91475547
She's cute! CUTE!
>>
>>91475589

>>91475573
To be fair, most of the other regular Angels are shown to be little more than fodder. It was only the Archangels (pretty much the names ones) that were special, and Michael/Samael being the most special of them
>>
>>91475456
>And any angel can whip the ass of even the Prince of Demons
Angels are uptight pricks and every time they have their ass handed to them I can't help but smile.
>>
>>91475627
and Gabriel specifically was the biggest hardass of them all
>>
>>91475614
Well to be fair, in the Bible itself there are only three actual named angels. I know there's a lot more in Jewish myth/folklore, but it's much more limited in the Christian context, even moreso if you're a Protestant whose Bible doesn't include the Book of Tobit.
>>
>>91475682
Doesn't the Jewish death look weird. I remember my Jewish bro when I was a kid tell me it was a vast blackness in the shape of a man covered in eyes more numerous than the stars or something
>>
File: Bueno Classic.jpg (112KB, 481x401px) Image search: [Google]
Bueno Classic.jpg
112KB, 481x401px
>>91473866
Could Bueno defeat him?
>>
>>91475547
I hate to reply to myself, but does anyone remember what issue of Sandman (or spin off) it was that Death mentioned not being able to "kill" specific people? It has been a while since I read Sandman, but I remember her mentioning Destiny and the Presence
>>
>>91475754
Bueno would never harm a drinking buddy
>>
File: okifmoz09np1bk79edip.jpg (110KB, 732x479px) Image search: [Google]
okifmoz09np1bk79edip.jpg
110KB, 732x479px
>Lucifer overhears some mortals arguing about whether the Batman could beat the Devil
>intrigued, he appears in the Batcave
>"You are the Batman, yes? I'm here to fight you."
>Batman is instantly on-guard. This intruder has managed to breach the cave without setting off any security measures. He decides he needs to keep the intruder talking
>"Why?"
>"Because your stories interest me. I was once beaten by a teller of stories.. You are much like him. A dark, drab crafter of penny dreadfuls. Only... You don't write your stories to entertain, do you? You write them in service of building your legend, to ensure everyone you meet, and everyone you don't, is frightened of you."
>Lucifer laughs
>"I suppose I can admire that. Batman, I am here to fight you because your myth intrigues me. And because it amuses me to do so. And because I wish to."
>Batman narrows his eyes. "Who are you?"
>Lucifer smiles. "Why, I'm the Devil, Batman."
>In spite of himself, Batman laughs
>"You're not the devil. You're practice."
>Batman launches into the most vicious attack he's ever unleashed on another living being. He can't be sure if the intruder is human, so he holds nothing back. Krav Maga. Hapkido. Ajukenbo. Nindokai. He employs every method he knows for breaking a person
>But Lucifer is not a person
>and he is not impressed by martial arts
>"... Okay, good one-liner and all that, but I really am the Devil. And here's your proof."
>in a flash, it's over- and Bruce is a child again. He and his parents are leaving The Mark of Zoro. They make the trip home without incident. A grand time is had by all
>Lucifer watches from nearby, and wonders whether preventing the Batman from ever being born really counts as defeating him
>>
>>91475969
What's that image from?
>>
>>91475969
Decent write faggotry. You should write a book or something, I'd read it
>>
>>91475456
One of Lucifer's earliest stories involved the angelic host trying to fuck with him. It did not end well for the angelic host. Lucifer is charitably the third most powerful being in the multiverse and occasionally the second.
>>
>>91476376
Understatement
>>
>>91476444
>>
>>91476461
"Hey, that's the guy from the TV show? Why does he look like Neil Young and isn't black?"
>>
>>91476461
Whoopsie-doodle.
>>
>>91476475
>angels are such scumbags

wew, how the hell did THIS come out of Christian mythology/folklore?
>>
>>91476444
I fucking loved this shit. It's amazing no matter how many times I re-read it. I especially love how that creature came about. I love the supernatural background stuff going on in DC Universe.
>>
>>91476559
Bear in mind that God is AWOL. Also, Christian mythology / folklore is full of its supernatural beings being scumbags.
>>
>>91476559
That page is from the next issue. A fallen angel (who was one of Lucifer's soldiers from the rebellion) is monologuing about how much he hates other angels

>>91476572
The origin of that creature is a great issue. A lady who blasphemed in some ancient god's temple being forced to regenerate to the same state every day, including the recreation of the fetus that she was going to miscarry. Every single day, since the age of Uruk, she has had a miscarriage.
>>
>>91476758

>>91476728
At this point God was an absent father, but later in the series he did say "fuck it"
and abandon creation
>>
What relation do the Endless have with God (The Presence)? Or their parents, Mother Night and Father Time?
>>
>>91476827
That is something that has changed with new writers adding and tweaking stuff. Depending on what book you read, details will be different. I believe ( and I'm sure that some hypercrisis anon will correct me) that the Endless were technically below the Presence on the powerlevel faggotry scale.

In modern time though, Morrison placed the Presence alongside the New Gods, and Dream's realm on his map of the multiverse. Instead, Destiny can be seen at the top of it with the label "Overvoid." I don't think Morrison read Carey's solo series, so most of his development of religious hierarchy can kind of be discarded. Plus, you can get into arguments over what parts of the Vertigo Universe can be considered parts of the DC one, and things get fucky with Lucifer
>>
>>91477049
This is exactly the reason why I thought the Endless and co are better off in their own continuity. I like that, for the most part, meta humans are not at all mentioned in the stories.
>>
>>91474011
Casual, Lucifer's preptime makes Batman look like a babby
>>
>>91475969
Lucifer doesn't quite talk in that Asgardian dialect, he's much more to the point.
The ideas are good though
>>
>>91477217
>>91475969
Except he wouldn't change someone's history, it goes against his code, and it's way too necessary, he'd just torch him if he wanted to kill him
>>
>>91477166
nigger Daniel is literally the child of two superheroes.
>>
>>91477166
I do partly agree with that. A part of me really wants Lucifer to be in canon with Sandman and therefore main DCU (and Carey tried to write it like that) but the later parts of it contain large universal changes, like when reality starts to falter (I am being vague). One would assume that some of the DC heavy hitters would get involved, but they do not. I remember someone on /co/ bringing that up, and they mentioned that Infinite Crisis was also happening at the same time frame, and if you squint hard enough you can kind of make things fit, but it barely does.
>>
>>91477245
It was more important that he was a being born in a dream.
>>
>>91475773
>>91475547
I do no see this as Evidence as Lucifer being Deathless but rather evidence of Death being super chill.
>>
>>91477259
But to claim there is little reference to DC mythos with that very important plot point.
>>
>>91477255
>I remember someone on /co/ bringing that up, and they mentioned that Infinite Crisis was also happening at the same time frame

You can explain a lot things like that.

>What was Batman doing when the world was going crazy due to Dr Destiny abusing Dream's Ruby?
>Eh, normal day for Gotham.

Still, I think it would have been better as a separate Verse.

>>91477273
I personally wouldn't call it that big a point. I just tend to forget that this is set in the DCU because the stories feel more different from the usual cape fare.
>>
>>91477299
>>91477255
You hard canon fags are so annoying, it doesn't even fucking matter. The stories are better when they use the universe, but they don't need to lean on it.
>>
>>91477299
That that magic of DC m8, shit like The Sandman and Hellblazer existing right along with Superman and Justice society of America.
>>
>>91477312
The absolute worst ones are those who try to jam Preacher into the DCU because of a cameo/easter egg in Ennis' Hitman series
>>
>>91477166
> meta humans are not at all mentioned in the stories

Yeah, you know expect for Daniel of the Endless LITERALLY being the son of superhumans. I realy hate Johnsfags pretending that the original Vertigo books aren't set on New Earth.
>>
>>91477502
>>91477312
And I pity people who act like their preference is how it should be. It's my personal preference, take it or leave it. No need to be salty about it.

>>91477362
It's fun to think of all the Noir that happens in Mystery Theater being set in a world like that.
>>
>>91475456
>>91475547

Standard Miltonian/Dantean cosmology doesn't hold true in DC. If we take the Sandman conception of things, the power of belief is what determines who's powerful.

The Endless's power is based upon their domain plus whatever faith can be added to them, though in the modern day they don't really have many adherents.

Gods are based upon faith alone. The Presence is on top mostly because he has such a high concentration of faith that he's on top of everything - most probably from the faiths of the Abrahamic religions converging upon him rather than a thousand+ different conceptions of Yahweh/God/Allahs, plus whatever alien faithful he has - with Michael as his right hand man.

While the conception of the Devil/Lucier/Satan was as pathetic in Dante/Milton canon, that doesn't necessarily reflect the broader faith. Since he's put up as opposition to God, he's given a high ranking from the faith, to the point where he could single-handedly annihilate Dream if he wanted to.

If in theory such a time came that the Abrahamic religions (plus their alien equivalents in the DC universe) fell sufficiently in faith (both in DCU and IRL), the multiverse could be reordered to put a different hierarchy as supreme. Or, at the very least, the Presence will be interpreted in the fiction to be even less Abrahamic than the current state.

Just like how in the past cats used to rule the Earth until the humans banded together to put themselves on top.
>>
>>91477919
no stop that. This is a dumb theory that simply put CANNOT be true. Why? Because fucking aliens exist. If human god from one planet is number 1 then some alien god a thousand planets would be greater. The cat story is just a story
>>
>>91477234
He won a fight by changing history. It's not beyond him, though to trump a mortal it's probably a bit much.
>>
>>91477919
Are you some kind of weird idiot? They specifically deal with Gods in Sandman and the point of the Endless is how there's no faith needed for them. All they need to exist is that the universe exists with the concepts the embody. All Dream needs to exist is that things dream -- even when Dream dies he merely just takes another form for there will always be a Dream so long as beings dream etc etc.

It has nothing to do with faith. A scant few even know they exist, and those few don't worship them at all.
>>
File: SMT Demon Negotiation.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
SMT Demon Negotiation.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>>91473866
Plenty of mortals can beat Luciver, Batman could.
>>
>>91475969
>I was once beaten by a teller of stories
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but who is this referring to?
>>
>>91474011
If he really wanted to beat somebody who has been prepping since before the dawn of time, he'd have to get himself shot by ultimate death rays again so that he can become a bomb meant to destroy all of creation at the very eve of creation AGAIN.

>comic books everybody
>>
>>91478572
Dream
>>
>>91478615
Kek, I wonder what Lucifer's reaction was/would have been to Return of Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>91477445
lol by that logic Punisher Max is in the DCU
>>
>>91475385
He looks more like Tilda Swinton high on weed there
>>
>>91477362
It makes sense though. Swamp Thing/Hellblazer connect with Sandman/Lucifer which connect with The Books of Magic which connects with JLA/JSA.
>>
anyone have a working link to Lucifer?
>>
>>91478648
He wouldn't care, most likely. It happened in some other universe in which he has no stakes in after all.
>>
>>91478673
The Boys is a Vertigo book by that same thread of logic.
>>
>>91473866
Only faggots who hate batman will say no.

And faggot that says "I like batman but..." is just being a faggot. Batman wins because batman wins.

Got a better chance of this faggot taking his face off and saying he's the joker. And to be honest I could see DC doing so.
>>
>>91473866
Yes he can, batman has a better chance than a any powered character. It's basis mythology, humans tricking Gods or the devil.
>>
>>91481693
This, demons are bested with cunning.
>>
>>91477166
Didn't Batman and Superman literally attend Morpheus's funeral, along with every other Dreamer? Batman was even in his damn cowl.
>>
>>91478291
Batman doesn't have a COMP.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.