[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood mistakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: No, just no..png (30KB, 392x245px) Image search: [Google]
No, just no..png
30KB, 392x245px
>be talking with a friend
>he's not into cartoons
>start talking about the cartoons we watched back when we were kids
>he mentions powerpuff girls, and i remenber him about the shitty ''powerpuff girls z''
>''yeah man, there was also that one about an alternate reality where professor utonium was a samurai that i didn't like much too, ''samurai z'' i think''
>what.jpg
>''you know, he could jump super high and killed robots and shit''
>''are you talking about samurai jack ?''
he looked it up and turned out he really was talking about samurai jack,asa kid he thought professor utonium and jack were the same person, his friends did too apparently.
did it /co/ ever had this kind misconceptions as a kid ?
>>
>>91465193
no im not retarded
>>
>>91465423
/thread
>>
>>91465193
The similarities in character design were really confusing as a kid, I have to admit that.
>>
File: fag.jpg (98KB, 423x590px) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
98KB, 423x590px
>>91465193

Your friends sound like fags
>>
Well, for some reason there really was a huge overlap between Genndy's and Craig's work back then.
>>
>>91465543
Do you know why? I'm actually really curious.
>>
>>91465193
isnt this one of those ebin theories like the purgatory thing and aladin being in the future?
>>
>>91465458
Cartoon Network had a lot of joke commercials back then (like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbaQcWrUOfw), so I thought the original Samurai Jack commercial was a silly PPG ad the first time I saw it. I didn't realize it was a commercial for a new show until the title showed at the end.
>>
>>91465572
They met each other at Calarts and Craig helped Genndy get a job working on 2 Stupid Dogs. Genndy also produced the first few season of PPG
>>
>>91465458
>>91465625
There's also Dexter's Laboratory's character design, particularly for Dexter himself.
>>
There were actual theories about that.
Cancer.
>>
File: cartoon modern style.jpg (173KB, 548x476px) Image search: [Google]
cartoon modern style.jpg
173KB, 548x476px
>>91465543

They were just working in the same basic style. a late 90s revival of "Cartoon Modern". Genndy and Craig both probably grew up watching shows in that style.

Jack and the Professor both are meant to read visually as a sort of generic, heroic straight man type (even though that's not usually how the professor actually acts), and a lab coat is kind of visually similar to a white robe.
>>
>>91465703
>>
>>91465703
IIRC, jack never uses any of his real names.

Jack is pretty much just aku-ese for nigga.
>>
>>91465848
and foolish samurai is ''this fucking jap''
>>
File: Sladewarning.jpg (40KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sladewarning.jpg
40KB, 720x480px
I thought for my entire childhood, that Slade was Bruce Wayne trying to improve Robin's game.

Dunno why, I just did.
>>
>>91466115
I can't really blame a kid for thinking that. They built up Robin's "who is Slade?" obsession like it was leading up to some big reveal, and there were so few characters it could turn out to be that'd provide the kind of twist they seemed to be hyping up for.
>>
>>91466115
>>91466269
But Slade is a pre-existing character in the comics
They just dropped his alternate name so kids wouldn't get nightmares from hearing it all the time
>>
>>91465724
>chemical X is Aku's substance
>>
>>91465724
I doubt there was any meaning behind it beyond someone on the staff half-jokingly going "hey, are these talking dogs related to the one from Powerpuff Girls?" and everyone else sitting around joking about how Aku murdered everyone in Townsville. Then some smartass threw the sign in as an inside joke.
>>
File: 1488616811465.jpg (705KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
1488616811465.jpg
705KB, 2576x1932px
>>91466416
sheeeeeeeeit
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.