[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YOUNG ANIMAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 24

File: young-animal-199068.jpg.png (251KB, 804x454px) Image search: [Google]
young-animal-199068.jpg.png
251KB, 804x454px
So in a recent interview Gerard Way said that while they're set on nurturing only four ongoings for the moment, he does want to develop the miniseries side of things and already has a few in the works (outside of Bug)

What creative teams and characters would you like to see get a miniseries?

>Hard mode; nothing that's already had a stint at Vertigo
>>
the creeper by brendan mccarthy finally
>>
>>91464892
James Stokoe Swamp thing. It should be an OGN though so it doesn't stop at issue 3 and never finish
>>
Prez should have been a Young Animal book.

Also Hellblazer. The current Hellblazer just has no need to exist.
>>
>>91465086
If Hellblazer is going back to an imprint it should go back to Vertigo. Agreed on its existence though. At this point they should roll the dice and get someone like Michel Fiffe to take over the book.
>>
>>91464932
One day

>>91464959
I'd love to see more OGNs but doubt that'd happen

>>91465168
Nah, Vertigo's wrapping up.
>>
>>91465168
Nah because Vertigo isn't what it used to be anymore (DC universe or DC-owned mature readers series), it's just DC's creator owned imprint. Young Animal is what Vertigo started out as.

Basically the whole point of Hellblazer is to get the best creators in comics writing a mature title. So they should look for someone who's currently doing something pretty dark and nasty.
>>
>>91464892
He said he has a less popular character, an OC and a more popular franchise in the pipeline.

The recent sales chart had me real sad but it's nice to see Way say that. I hope Shade goes for at least 40 issues.
>>
>>91464892
No challengers of the unknown ? really /co/ ?
>>
>>91465251
>>91465234
Vertigo is not wrapping up, and Hellblazer should be Vertigo for tradition alone. It's the imprint's flagship and longest running title, frankly they should just start with issue 301.
The only reason it should be in YA is to get editors who have the right mind for it.
>>
>>91465332
Nigger there's not even 10 posts in the thread and only 2 of them were actual comic suggestions. You suggested it 19 minutes after the thread was created. Congratulations.
>>
File: creeper.jpg (85KB, 482x700px) Image search: [Google]
creeper.jpg
85KB, 482x700px
>>91464932
This. 3-4 page backups of Mirkin by Milligan and McCarthy
>>
>>91464892
- The Question - Brian Wood
- Espionage squad (from the Legion) - Brian K. Vaughan
- Arion (atlantis mage) - Brian Azzarello
- The Forgotten Heroes - Peter Milligan
>>
>>91464892
Should DC old Sword and sorcery tittles be in young animal ? i would be down for a Warlord
>>
>>91465341
>it should be in YA is to get editors who have the right mind for it.
Same editors actually. But I like your idea or starting back at 301. Now all they need is a new logo for Vertigo and to slowly introduce new series and mini with a schedule, not a bunch of new stuff all at once. Oh and bring in new blood.
>>
Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld
>>
>>91465393
>Milligan
Please no he is shit now
>>
>>91465444
No.
>>
Some of the more older obscure heroes - Seven Soldiers of Victory with rotating cast members?
>>
>>91464932
>the creeper
You lost, senpai.
>>
File: Showcase_006.jpg (43KB, 220x316px) Image search: [Google]
Showcase_006.jpg
43KB, 220x316px
>>91465332
Sidenote, Morrison's Challengers pitch for the original Hypercrisis pitch looked amazing.

>"My one regret about my brief falling out with DC after the 'Superman Incident' is that I didn't get to do my Hypercrisis series at DC to explain all this stuff and set up a whole new playground." said Morrison in a 2002 interview, "It's the one thing I could still be arsed doing with classical superheroes. If I ever go back, I'll explain the whole Hypertime thing and recreate the Challengers of the Unknown as Challengers: Beyond the Unknown. It's one thing I still want to do. It had a monster eating the first few years of the 21st century and Superman building a bridge across this gaping hole in time. A bridge made of events. The Guardians of The Multiverse and a new Green Lantern Corps made up of parallel reality Green Lanterns, the Superman Squad and the mystery of the Unknown Superman of 2150 etc, etc. There's a huge synopsis filled with outrageous stuff"
>>
>>91465444
he did some good shit, let me dream
>>
>>91465500
That was meh
>>
>>91465477
What was the last good big 2 comic he did?
>>
>>91465560
>big 2
Why does that fucking matter?
>>
>>91464892
Yeah but like when's the new my chemical romance coming out.
>>
>>91464892
Deadman
W: J. M. DeMatteis
A: Jon. J. Muth and Scott Hampton

A Peter Milligan/Duncan Fegredo project

Anthro
W: Tom King
A: Roberto De La Torre
>>
>>91465582
Because you want him to write a big 2 comic, it's a different process than doing creator owned work.
>>
>>91465606
No, I want him to do a comic for an imprint at DC. Different story from wanting him on a generic cape comic.
>>
>>91464959
>so it doesn't stop at issue 3 and never finish
It's not his work ethic, it's doing work that makes enough money to support him. None of his work for hire stuff has been late or delayed.
>>
>>91465657
Either way his recent output hasn't been good. His work at Vertigo recently, which is the same situation you described, also sucked
>>
Secret Six! Either version is ripe for going harder & getting New Vertigo to do it would be aces! Or hell, maybe even Suicide Squad if they could manage to stop pushing Harley as hard as physically possible.
>>
>>91465716
Nah, The Names was good.
>>
I'd love to see Michel Fiffe do something, obviously not Suicide Squad

Also Tom Scioli doing a full comic not just back ups
>>
File: IMG_0730.jpg (2MB, 1328x2043px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0730.jpg
2MB, 1328x2043px
The adventures of Jimmy Olson- doesn't look like they're really using him in the current superman books, and I'd love to see a modern take on stuff like Turtle Boy done with the Young Animal weirdness.
Rip Hunter & The Time Masters- probably won't happen since he's really tied into the Booster Mythos but would love to see their take on him.
Max Mercury- a speedster title done under the Youn Animal motif, I'd give them all my money.
>>
Plastic Man by Tim Hensley

Slam Bradley by Lapham
>>
File: Flash McCarthy.jpg (190KB, 750x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Flash McCarthy.jpg
190KB, 750x1198px
>>91465876
>a speedster title done under the Youn Animal motif, I'd give them all my money.
How about Brendan McCarthy's Flash?
>>
>>91465947
looks like freakzoid
>>
I'll be shocked if there isn't some kind of Sandman-spin off related thing in the next few years. Be it YA or Vertigo.
>>
>>91466272
>yfw it's the Garrett Sandford iteration
>>
>>91466272
Well, there's Lucifer...
>>
>>91466272
>>91466303
And Gaiman's own Sandman Overture is less than two years old.
>>
I'd love to see more obscure teams/heroes get some spotlight again. Way's Doom Patrol got me into the Morrison run, which in turn got me back into old Vertigo comics.
>>
>>91465700
Yeah I don't like how people assume he's lazy when it's just the guy needs a living wage
>>
>>91465700
Well that's good to know. I didn't think he was lazy, just that he took a long time to work and then went where the money was if he wasn't finished.
>>
>>91466303
Oof, Modern-Lucifer has a severe misunderstanding of the character and seems to be aping the TV show
>>
Matter-Eater-Lad
W: Robinson
A: Doc Shaner (if he can handle doing art on 1 book a month with no delays, lol)
>>
File: What the fuck now.jpg (29KB, 332x320px) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck now.jpg
29KB, 332x320px
>>91466526
>Matter-Eater-Lad
but why
>>
>>91466526
>W: Robinson
Please no he is shit now
>>
>>91466618
yes
He also ragequit DC a few years ago.
>>
>>91466526
get someone other than Robinson and I'm in

>>91466592
Why not?
>>
What the hell is Ostrander doing these days anyhow? I havent heard from him since Raise the Flag.
>>
File: AnimalMan7.0.png (565KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
AnimalMan7.0.png
565KB, 426x640px
A fucking CONTINUATION of Animal Man, set in the slight future, following his Daughter, the True Avatar of The Red, as a teen, dealing with blooming powers and TAKING OVER for her father after his disappearence and investigating it.

>feat. Swamp Thing
>feat. The Question
>feat. Ragman
>force Lemire at gunpoint and obtain Jae Lee through blackmail and espionage
>>
>>91466706
Are you a Marvel editor?
>>
>>91466698
He was still doing some Star Wars around the end of the Dark Horse days but I don't think he's done much of anything since.
>>
>>91464892
Jakeem Thunder!

>>91465502
Between Mr. Mind in 52 and the stuff in Final Crisis he basically did this already, no?
>>
>>91466785
What would you do with Jakeem Thunder? A book about his magical adventures as his wishes sprout into something more, ala Fairy Oddparents?
>>
>>91466272
Dodds Sandman please
>>
>>91466749
All the more reason! He ain't doing shit! Get him back here for some good writing & people getting shot. Hell, you know how many people would flip their shit if Ostrander came back to Suicide Squad?
>>
Static Shock with the ol' Vertigo-style treatment would be neat and nostalgic for me
>>
>>91466828
Do you just want a reboot of Mystery Theatre?
>>
>>91466833
Ostrander doesn't want to write Suicide Squad anymore, he's done with it, it's over. Pitching that to him is a good way to not get him to come back.
>>
>>91466744
That literally was the plot of the new 52 comic you fucking casual. Good to see you care more about the culture around comics than you do about actually reading them. Fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>91466866
Then Secret Six? I mean they're definitely a different flavor of Squad. In the very least, distinct enough to have their own voice.
>>
>>91466908
How about
>>John we'd love to have you back at the company, you're one of the strongest writers we've ever had and we're excited to hear pitches from you on absolutely anything you want to do

That's how DC got Priest instead of saying
>>Yo Chris, my man, you wanna write the new Static book? You sure do know how to connect to the black youth!
>>
>>91466908
Why does it have to be a villain book? He has good runs at DC that aren't like that.
>>
>>91466618
>>91466662
>>91466674

I wracked my brain to think of someone who i knew was a DC guy at least at some point and wasn't totally out of the question, i didnt realise he ragequit DC, lol.

I couldn't think of a good option, i was just thinking of someone who might try and find the weird and interesting hook to an already weird and obscure character, maybe its cuz i just read the 4 issue airboy mini he did not too long ago.

I have no idea what a Matter-Eater-Lad book would even be, but its a goddamn blank canvas if I've ever seen one.
>>
>>91465393
>The Forgotten Heroes

Isn't that what CChaCE already is?
>>
>>91466817
Redo his origin and focus on his character, he's supposed to be a friendless loner. Tap into that and develop him into the hero that eventually joins the JSA and makes friends
>>
>>91466959
>Creative Control?!

You know that's unheard of! But shit yeah, let him do what he feels like & I'll toss money at it like there's no tomorrow.
>>
>>91466744
Are you an idiot casual? Wait, nevermind, you already answered my question.
>>
>>91466959
>That's how DC got Priest instead of saying
>>>Yo Chris, my man, you wanna write the new Static book? You sure do know how to connect to the black youth!
Oh yeah, that would've been stupid of DC... to call and ask him to do Static pff... No, they called him for Cyborg. Luckily, his polite refusal didn't fall on deaf ears and Didio heard the fact that Priest doesn't want to do any black charterers so he had Javins look for a non black to give him. They still gave Cyborg to a black dude of course.
>>
>>91466888
>>91467094
Stop samefagging, shithead. It was still a Buddy book. Now fuck off and read about THE REAL HAWKEYE.
>>
>>91464892
Justice In The West - An old west Justice-League-a-like. Superchief, Bat-Lash, Jonah Hex, El Diablo, Cinnamon, Madame .44, Pow Wow Smith, Vigilante and Nighthawk.
>>
>>91467215
>people disagree with me
>HAS TO BE A SAMEFAG BECAUSE I'M INFALLIBLE
It was a buddy book, that gave clear room for his daughter to take a bigger role built in with a time travel arc. A continuation with her as a lead is far from THE REAL HAWKEYE tier idiocy. God you're a faggot.
>>
>>91467155
The black writers on black characters thing is tricky, because people do get up in arms about it (see the cancellation of the legacy Blade book), but guys like McDuffie and Priest got completely pigeonholed, and it actually got bad enough that Priest quit over it.
>>
>>91468655
McDuffie did it to himself, though.
>>
>>91468655
>see the cancellation of the legacy Blade book
Seeley is a faggot.
>>
>>91465500
The Creeper: Mark Russell and Steve Lieber
>>
Brother Power.
>>
Have Max Landis and Joelle Jones release their 12 issue Killer Moth Maxiseries under the imprint, with a Joker/Harley backup.
>>
>>91468692
Eh, I think making your own company tailored to a certain type of character is pretty different than only wanting to write those types of characters for other companies. Like no one thinks Rick Remender only can write edgy alcoholic dystopian scifi characters.
>>
>>91468989
Very well then, when McDuffie was on JLA and worked on the Justice League cartoon, he chose Black Lightning, Vixen and Hawkgirl as prevelant characters for the sake of diversity.
>>
>>91467021
what is the meaning of CChaCE ?
>>
>>91468989
>Rick Remender only can write edgy alcoholic dystopian scifi characters.
But it's true.
>>
>>91464892
Bring back Dial H or Resurrection Man.
>>
>>91469133
Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye
>>
>>91469034
>Hawkgirl
>Diversity
She's an alien in the show, and a white girl (mostly) in the comics. The trinity were still the main characters of the book too. Was Morrison pushing diversity by making Steel and Aztek major characters in his JLA?
>>
>>91469237
Nah he does a great Deadpool, Flash Thompson and Punisher.
>>
>>91469413
you need to add animal man, immortal man, congorilla, dolphin, rip hunter, rick flag and one of the sea devils.

You have connections to justice league, suicide squad, atlantis and the oceans, underworld, time travel, vandal savage, etc etc
>>
>>91469550
no Morrison was just being dumb
>>
>>91470157
He created Aztek so try again
>>
>>91470252
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
How about B'wana Beast, but it takes place in the fifties!
>>
>>91470274
Favoritism as opposed to progressivism
>>
>>91470274
He created the character, a nonwhite (though he looks Aryan he's from peru) and then included him in a major role in his JLA run. This is definition diversity pushing if using nonwhites at all like McDuffie is considered it.
>>
>>91470332
Ok, but that still doesn't disprove that McDuffie is all for progressivism even when not working on Milestone
>>
Ya now has a superhero, Noir, slice of life, adventure and cosmic books. Something horror would be nice. Probably an obscure character from an anthology, with Templesmith on art.
A sports based comic. Maybe one from their sports anthology, or a Wildcat book based on boxing in the 60s or 70s, and focusing on bookies, bribery, corruption and involvement of mafia in the sport. Written by John Wagner, David Lapham or Matt Wagner and drawn by Lark.
>>
>>91470157
they were two of the best characters in the run, neck yourself.
>>
>>91470414
>not Kyle and Wally
you have the worst taste
>>
>>91470414
If you didn't read Aztek, he just joins the team for no reason and does nothing. Steel jobs.
>>
>>91470395
So we need to bring back Thriller is what you mean.
>>
>>91470456
>two OF THE best characters
And Superman is by far the best character in his JLA with Plastic Man in the runner up.
>>
>>91470395
Horror - Something supernatural like S.H.A.D.E or Creature Commandos? Or maybe showcasing a villain that on surface level is boring but if they had their own run could be horrific.
>>
>>91470484
>Does nothing
Maybe actually read the comic? The "it was your training that made this possible Mr. Luthor" is one of the best scenes in Rock of Ages and he has a badass sacrifice in the Mageddon arc.
>>
Prez, a mini series to end the last 6 issues
>>
>>91470513
Plastic Man is only good when Kelly wrote him
>>
>>91471158
Nah Morrison's Plas is good too.
>>
>>91471158
Some of the Kyle Baker stuff was legit. It was goofy, but hey, it's a lot better than Plastic Man these days.
>>
>>91467053
Not that guy.

A Young Animal Jakeem Thunder miniseries retelling the origin story without the JSA or Johnny Thunder. I'm picturing one of those slice-of-life books but with an outrageous all-powerful genie. Dimension hopping, time-traveling, reality warping nonsense. Get some surreal pop-art guy like James Harvey on the book.
>>
>>91471248
>these days
Literally impossible to be worse than nonexisent.
Taylor does good Plas in injustice
>It was goofy
He's a goofy as fuck character, he should be. Never read Jack Cole?
>>
>>91471302
He used to be the straight-man to a zany world more often than not. It's easy to be better than nonexistent: It's called Anything.
>>
>>91471363
>it's easier to be better than nonexistent
That's verifiably false
>>
>>91471363
Eh Jack Cole's Plastic Man was a straight man in the sense that he wasn't trying to joke or make fun of people but the way he used his powers was incredibly goofy.
>>
>>91471435
I'd say it's rather quantifiable that Something is Better than Nothing.
>>
>>91470395
>Ya now has a superhero, Noir, slice of life, adventure and cosmic books. Something horror would be nice.
Or fantasy. I want Demon Knights.
>>
>>91471484
How long have you been reading comic books? When there's something but it's terrible, not only can it suck money out of your wallet, but it can actively ruin all your fun.
>>
>>91471549
I'm saying that it's still quantifiable & usually having something rather than nothing is better. I mean, is it better to have the Creeper only on the Outsiders or no Creeper at all? Is it better that Capt. Marvel is on the JSA or NOWHERE. I also meant more like having a character APPEAR is better than them not appearing, even if it's in small places.
>>
>>91471709
Having a character be mishandled in a bad book by a bad writer is worse than that character not appearing at all in many ways, including the odds of ever having that character appear in anything else ever again.
>>
>>91471819
Yeah, but if you don't TRY, you don't get anything & EVERYONE has bad dips in writing: Alpha Flight had shitty Alpha Flight, Suicide Squad had Shitty Suicide Squad (& the current one), Doom Patrol, Teen Titans, JLA, everyone.
>>
File: Brian Chippendale_Puke Force.jpg (1MB, 2093x1612px) Image search: [Google]
Brian Chippendale_Puke Force.jpg
1MB, 2093x1612px
Something done by Brian Chippendale seeing as how he's done a variant, let him do a glorified Who's Who in the DC Universe type book for all I care
>>
File: Pike_dolphin68dec.jpg (324KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
Pike_dolphin68dec.jpg
324KB, 530x800px
Dolphin. Remember dolphin?

She was like Aquaman, but a teenage girl.
>>
Whoever the fuck this guy is.
>>
>>91472104
Remember Tsunami?
>>
>>91472104
Yeah, I remember her rarely talking & being so unknown she joined the Forgotten Heroes. She seemed to not really accomplish much & had weird hands.

Shit, let's bring back the Forgotten Heroes! Make it a pastiche of the characters we've openly tried to get rid of.
>>
Ultra the Multi-Alien
>>
File: 9781401271404_a3f58-768x1186.jpg (238KB, 768x1186px) Image search: [Google]
9781401271404_a3f58-768x1186.jpg
238KB, 768x1186px
Bring back the SUPER POWERS.
>>
>>91471926
>Doom Patrol

Fuck you Byrne
>>
>>91472185
Along with a new range of figures?
>>
>>91472204
Naw, Byrne was trying, just not very well. I meant Vol. 3 w/ a whole new classic of perky technicolor assholes that no one remembers or cares about:
Like Freak, who has hair
Kid Slick, who is like Skids but more grunge
or Fever, who has hot-hands
>>
>>91472104
Silver haired bitches get my dick hard, but I'd rather she not come back. Arthur and Mera have a good thing going and they don't need the drama writers would eventually inject.
>>
>>91472271

If it's at young animal it could skirt the main continuity without stepping on anyone's webbed toes.
>>
>>91472271
Isn't she a love interest for Garth, though?
>>
>>91472271
>Young Animal Presents: Silver Haired Bitches

Dolphin, Abbie Arcane, Cave's daughter, and that girl from Gotham Academy
>>
>>91472332
Didn't Arthur and Dolphin hook up in the 90s?
>>
>>91472385
Add Projectra and/or Dream Girl and you have all my money
>>
>>91472332
Pretty sure they got married and had a kid
>>
>>91472385
What about Silver St. Claire? Do they fight Silver Banshee?
>>
>>91472332
>>91472490
Dolphin and Garth had a son named Cerdian, who was killed while still a baby/toddler by the Spectre.
>>
>>91465430
>Now all they need is a new logo for Vertigo

NO.

That'll fuck up all my uniform trade dresses
>>
>>91472548
Oh, Black Manta was The Spectre's host once?
>>
>>91472570
Different Aquababy
>>
>>91472570
Manta killed Aquababy by putting him in an air bubble to fuck with Aquaman, Spectre just stomped on Atlantis because he was mad at their magic, and Cerdian was one of the casualties.
>>
weekly YA shill thread
who'd have guessed.

I'm a complete DCfag but this shit is just transparent as fuck.
>>
>>91473110
Sounds like "Stop liking that thing I dont like!"
>>
>>91473110
Heaven forbid people talk about things they have interest in. People only do that for money of course.
>>
>>91473110
A true DCfag would be okay with shilling DC products
>>
>>91473207
>>91473235
I see right through you

>>91473250
I'm not okay with shilling. Especially transparent shilling.
>>
>>91473490
Lol I like how you think those are both me.
>>
>>91473578
I don't actually. It's your faggot friend.

But it could be your phone.
>>
>>91473647
Lol, my friends don't go on /co/. It's cute that you think two random people could have the same opinion. Quit being SUCH an apparent Marvel.
>>
>>91473490
>I see right through you, right to your reptilian fucking bones!
Lol
>>
Something from Mark Russell and Ben Caldwell

I don't care who he writes just another book from him please.
>>
>>91472385
I'd read an Abbie Arcane Young Animal solo.
>>
>>91473673
>>91473709

I see right through you
>>
>>91474061
Yeah, I'm basically Negative Man here.
>>
File: IMG_0732.jpg (201KB, 435x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0732.jpg
201KB, 435x576px
Genius Jones- a young boy, with an eidetic memory was stranded on an island where he found a downed plane with over 1,000,001 books, now back he uses the knowledge he gained and the help from his sister Bat Jones and their friends the Newsboy Legion, He'll Solve any Crime for a Dime
>>
The real answer is "THE RED BEE!"
>>
>>91465086
please no Prez in 2017

>TOTALLY-NOT-TRUMP
>HERE'S TOTALLY-NOT-HILLARY
>LOOK ITS TOTALLY-NOT-BERNIE
>>
File: spooky.jpg (58KB, 361x245px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
58KB, 361x245px
>>91474983
>>
>>91465947
Eh, it looks cool, but when you distance yourself that much from the original character, you might as well just make an OC.
>>
>>91474983
>All corrupt businessmen are now direct Trump analogues

Let me guess, new to political satire?
>>
>>91465086
>The current Hellblazer just has no need to exist.

The current Hellblazer is pretty comfy, tbqh family.
>>
>>91464892
I wish he would go back to making music instead of this dump shit.
>>
>>91465876
>guy with stretchy powers on a cover
>pointlessly stretching his neck
every time
>>
>What creative teams and characters would you like to see get a miniseries?

Idea. Have creators publically pitch a one sentence idea, choose based on internet hype, or one floppy bought= 1 ballot.
>>
>>91464892
Orion - Mark Russell
>>
>>91464892
Chris Priest - Mister Miracle and Big Barda
>>
>>91464892
Question - Tom King
>>
>>91466272
According to Rich The Leech, there were plans to turn Vertigo into nothing but Sandman spin-off at one point but it all went tits up after Shelly Bond's departure.
>>
>>91466706
This sounds awesome....expect for Jae Lee. I don't get what people see in his rubbish.
>>
>>91472185
It is back, its the backup to cave.
>>
>>91469341
China Miéville would be perfect for Young Animal.
>>
>>91467015
MEL was the high point of the Bierbaums' contribution to 5YL LOSH, and it was apparently all them, not Giffen.
>>
File: 1367017576959.jpg (317KB, 572x869px) Image search: [Google]
1367017576959.jpg
317KB, 572x869px
>>91469609
It was great, but...
>>
Wonder Twins by Mark Russell.
>>
>>91476511
wasn't that pre remender though?
>>
Amethyst by Keith Giffen, where on surface it's played entirely like a Japanese magical girl genre but got weird adult undertones.

You know it would be great.
>>
>>91465876
What's Booster been up to since New 52 started anyways? He'll probably play a big part in Rebirth right?
>>
>>91476653
Lol
>>
>>91465422

I'd be really down for a DC Sword and Sorcery ongoing right now actually.

Marvel's Conan were the first comics I read, and there will always be a soft spot in my heart for sword and sorcery comics because of that.

I would like a sword and sorcery book from Marvel too, but I KNOW it would suck due to current Marvel.
>>
>>91464892
Space Cabbie by me
>>
>>91469609
>not mentioning his Captain America
>>
>>91476788
What's the first issue about?
>>
>>91476793
I forgot that existed. I read like 3 issues and enjoyed.
>>
>>91476637
>Amethyst by Keith Giffen
Fund it.
>>
>>91476842
Space Cabbie having to get his taxi out of an impound on Oa
>>
>>91476949
Straight out of the pages of Hal and Pals
>>
>>91476653
Fucking around with the Flintstones.
>>
>>91468815
That run on Brave and the Bold where he got to show up was fun.
>>
>>91466839
They actually announced a Milestone revival like. 3 years ago, haven't said a word since
>>
>>91476326
what if L.E.G.I.O.N. by Tom King
>>
>>91472104
remember the entire cast of peter david's aquaman
>>
>>91464892

Young Animal should be for really obscure E and lower listers so they can really play around with it (Except Doom Patrol). Space Cabbie should get a mini
>>
>>91477677
He's definitely doing LEGION.
I'm just waiting on the crossover with Supersons, where Damien and Jon have to avoid meeting young Clark and creating a paradox.
>>
>>91477818
is he doing a L.E.G.I.O.N. book or a Legion of Superheroes book?
>>
>>91464892

All Star Swashbuckling. It picks up where ASW left off and has Jonah Hex fighting Pirates, Atlantians and sea monsters.
>>
>>91477892
>palmiotti actually pitched this and got denied
>>
>>91477892
What if L.E.G.I.O.N. by Tom King featuring Jonah Hex, Vril Dox, and Lobo
>>
>>91477909

You're fucking kidding me?
>>
>>91477927
>Sticking to the topic of characters out of their usual locales, a fan asked if Palmiotti had ever pitched the idea of picking up where “All-Star Western” left off, with Jonah Hex and Tallulah Black being pirates. Leaning forward and pounding the table, Palmiotti exclaimed, “Of course I did! Pirate Jonah Hex is the coolest thing ever. And Tallulah already has a patch!” Sadly, DC didn’t seem interested in the idea.
>>
>>91464892
The Question by Christopher Priest and
>>
>>91477958

He should try again. Somebody tweet him and Way
>>
>>91478031

And who? Is that the Question?
>>
>>91478065
not sure if artist should be gritty to capture the grimy Hub City or crazy time with Fraser Irving
>>
>>91478080
Franscesco Francavilla
>>
>>91478080
dean motter
>>
>>91464892
Rose and Thorn

Not sure who to trust to write it though.
>>
gimmie a new take on some old war titles.

i would be apprehensive to say Enemy Ace as he was finished of so brilliantly with War Idyll, but then how bout G.I Robot or the Blackhawks.

Or maybe something on Crimson Avenger, little known character, but actually the first ever DC superhero, first showed up in Tec #20.

I'm sure i can think of more.
>>
>>91479500

Gravedigger Rebirth when? A black super-G.I. with a chip on his shoulder would fit perfectly the current political climate without feeling dated.
>>
>>91479526
>Gravedigger
first i heard of him, but looks just like my kinda thing, thanks
>>
>>91479500
Weird War Tales as an anthology series that eventually come together into a larger plot?
>>
>>91473250
A true DCfag only likes Rebirth. Suck it, pretender.
>>
Why are people suggesting stuff like Demon Knights and Flash? Those don't even need a mature line.
>>
How come 'Mature Reader' titles sell so bad even if they feature superheroes? Why are comic fans such pansies?
>>
File: BUG_1_01.jpg?resize=1318%2C2000.jpg (571KB, 1318x2000px) Image search: [Google]
BUG_1_01.jpg?resize=1318%2C2000.jpg
571KB, 1318x2000px
I guess you guys might be interested in previews for Bug issue 1.
>>
File: BUG_1_02.jpg?resize=1318%2C2000.jpg (758KB, 1318x2000px) Image search: [Google]
BUG_1_02.jpg?resize=1318%2C2000.jpg
758KB, 1318x2000px
>>
File: BUG_1_03.jpg?resize=1318%2C2000.jpg (605KB, 1318x2000px) Image search: [Google]
BUG_1_03.jpg?resize=1318%2C2000.jpg
605KB, 1318x2000px
>>
File: BUG_1_04.jpg?resize=1318%2C2000.jpg (551KB, 1318x2000px) Image search: [Google]
BUG_1_04.jpg?resize=1318%2C2000.jpg
551KB, 1318x2000px
>>
File: BUG_1_05.jpg?resize=1318%2C2000.jpg (692KB, 1318x2000px) Image search: [Google]
BUG_1_05.jpg?resize=1318%2C2000.jpg
692KB, 1318x2000px
>>
>>
File: 1295829393813.jpg (138KB, 648x857px) Image search: [Google]
1295829393813.jpg
138KB, 648x857px
>>91479500
I've had two ideas for DC war stories I'd love to pitch one day.

A WW1 Enemy Ace tale told from the perspective of a young French soldier fighting on the ground who sees Von Hammer as some literal red devil, juxtaposing the claustrophobic intensity of ground warfare with the open-air and graceful dogfights of the sky. At some point it culminates with said soldier encountering Hans when his Fokker crashes into a no man's land and being too delirious and frightened to shoot the devil

The other is a G.I. Robot story (possibly set during Nam) that sees the robot getting damaged mid-skirmish, rerouting his mission directives and essentially making him neutral before wandering into the jungle, getting lost and meeting countryfolk in a small secluded village that take him in. The major conflict is when a contingent of Marines arrive and threaten to burn the village down
>>
War stories, horror stories, space stories. DC and Vertigo have used them all by now. They now need to bring back some old pirate comic from adventure comics.
>>
>>91480186
something like that would be great

>>91482352
so something like the My Lai massacre?
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.