[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thor:Ragnarok

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

This is the best trailer we've had in years.

Even better than MoS trailer.

I didn't even care about Thor 1 and 2, but hell, this has all hype now.
>>
>>91462277
Marvel learned from Flash and Deadpool. Embrace the source material, embrace the weird, and you'll make something amazing. If the CW can find the stones to add the speed force, alternate earths, and that fucking awesome King Shark, Marvel can give Hela her antlers.
>>
I'm just glad they're finally doing the right thing by putting in some hard rock/metal.

The romance angle of the first was always a fucking mistake. The knock-off Lord of the Rings crap of the second, well, we saw what that brought. They should have constantly had lightning fueled power ballads rattling the windows when writing it.

What songs would you hope to drive the narrative, /co/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGMQ-ySqOY

Long shot, but I'd love to hear this rattle the theater.
>>
>>91462277
I expect Ragnarok, not this crap.
>>
>>91462277

GO. KILL. THE SAMURAI
>>
>>91462277
Not hyped. Not even a single bit. I mean, the trailer is cool and all, but it lacks a soul. And I'm feeling since now that they're gonna push another romance sub-plot between Thor and Valkyrie. And mixing Ragnarok and Planet Hulk? That's gonna be a pain of a narrative mess.

Best things,though
>Cate Blanchet looks hella good in both forms
>Geff Goldblum is always fantastic
>WE'RE GETTING GJALLERBRU,FAGS!
>>
A lot of people hate it here and especially on /tv/ but I haven't seen my friends be this excited for a marvel movie since the first Guardians
>>
>>91462277
I didnt even know I wanted heavy metal Thor until now
>>
>>91464367
Funny this trailer made me immediately think of the Guardians.
>>
>>91464367
>hate it here
as far as I can see, /co/ loves it, it's just /tv/ that hates it for meme reasons like the start of the trailer
>>
>>91464408
It has a Guardian vibe. I think Disney finally manage to come up with a "space" aesthetic with Guardians of the Galaxy, and they're gonna use it every time they go into space in their movies. Not that I'm complaining, Guardians is a great adventure/space-opera/superhero movie.
I just ask this not to be like Thor 2; I was all hyped because I really liked the first one (even though it isn't that good) and after 40 minutes I was already feeling like they owed me money.
>>
>overplayed zeppelin shit
>plastic cheap-ass looking props and costumes
>return to Marvel Studios TM visuals w/ nothing interesting or original
>visual nods to Kirby and Simonson works with none of the content that made them worth anything

Honestly there's no bigger insult you could make to Walt Simonson's run on Thor as a story than making it a third sequel w/ no connection to prior build up and combining it with World War Hulk. Not to mention we're using the death of Skurge without any kind of build-up like we got with cursed Thor or any emotional impact, because a visual nod is more important amirite?

Oh wait, sorry I mean uh h-ha ha it sure looks g-great yeah.
>>
>>91464408
As it should, Guardians set up the tone for cosmic shit. Why titty was a good choice
>>
>>91464533
>/co/ loves it

impossible, see we aren't allowed to be excited for Marvel Movies or acknowledge they were great after they come out, because if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit whereas the DCEU can make turd after turd but we're all expected to be unconditionally hyped for every new film that comes out.

If a new Marvel Movie isn't an “Avengers tier” pop culture defining revolution then they claim it was a dud, that "People aren't even talking about it", that "I don't even know anyone who cares Marvel movies anymore", that "the bubble has burst." Chastising it with increasingly brazen parroted criticisms that dubiously never go into any more specifics or detail than what can be gleamed from the trailers.

All those box office bucks and records broken don't matter either, because making more money isn’t proof of quality, but when it comes to DC, "hey look at all the money BVS and SS made despite everyone claiming they were shit!"

And all the pop culture adoration for the MCU with everyone on social media, TV and the streets singing its praises doesn't count because popularity isn’t proof of quality, but, by god, you better believe there’s a sales chart waiting to be posted at a moment’s notice detailing Halloween Costume, Hot Topic and Toy sales should anyone doubt the DCEU’s popularity.

As for those critic reviews and movie aggregate sites, don’t bother bringing them up because “Disney bribes everyone with Mouse Money” and Rotten Tomatoes (despite being owned by Warner Bros) is clear proof of this, but at least we can still count on the Oscars (with judges who don't even watch most the movies awarded) to recognize true greatness.

And should you ever wear one of these trolls down into admitting or even implying the MCU is better than the DCEU that doesn’t mean jack squat because DC still has better Batman cartoons, better Batman comics, better Batman video games and better Batman Lego sets than Marvel.
>>
>>91464739
>because if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit
This is where the pasta falls apart.
Wanting a good movie=/=wanting 2OO1 a space Odyssey.
>>
>better than mos trailer
holy fuck /co/ is absolutely filled with blinded shills, this trailer is power rangers tier, like all the marvel movie trailers.
>>
>>91464923
shhh
Let them have their fleeting high.
>>
>>91464923
and it's great! not like your black and white dark as f*ck JLosers trailer
>>
>>91464923
If Zack snyder shat on your plate you'd smile and call it fine dining.
>>
>>91464950
>>91464955
yikes
>>
muh blur cgi, muh vigintillion shots per second, muh quips, muh shit dialogues, muh shit acting, muh shit color palette.
>>
File: keks ten thousand.jpg (206KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
keks ten thousand.jpg
206KB, 600x528px
>>91464955
REKT
>>
>>91465094
dumb phoneposter
>>
>>91462277

This looks like Thor is copying Guardians of the Galaxy. What a shit show the MCU has become.

>>91464216

Marvel's marketing department just takes titles that sound cool and slap them on movies that have nothing to do with the titles.

Normies, casuals and /co/tumblr see no problem with this.

>>91464631

This. It feels cheap as fuck. Marvel's all style and no substance these days.

>He's a friend from work!

Would Thor really say that?
>>
Hela is about the only interesting thing in this preview. But nope, they gotta ruin both Ragnarok and Planet Hulk.

Hope you enjoy what you get from this monkey paw.
>>
>>91462277
Literal shill
>>
>>91462277
>Long ago, in a distant land
>>
>>91462560
>Marvel learned from Flash and Deadpool. Embrace the source material, embrace the weird, and you'll make something amazing. If the CW can find the stones to add the speed force, alternate earths, and that fucking awesome King Shark, Marvel can give Hela her antlers.

Go fuck yourself you CWshit eating permavirgin. The first Avengers movie was the first comic book film that fully embraced the source material and after that was when you got Deadpool and Flash. Do you really think they'd have done Flash if Avengers wasn't successful? Before Avengers CW was resigned to let Arrow stay a bragain bin version of NolanBats. The mental gymnastics going on in revisions like this is amazing especially considering Avengers was only back in 2012.
>>
>>91462277

Isn't Thor a female character?
>>
>>91462277
It looks cheap garbage with a humor appreciated only from very low IQ levels.
>>
File: i would %22party%22 andrew.png (612KB, 527x518px) Image search: [Google]
i would %22party%22 andrew.png
612KB, 527x518px
>>91466288
>The first Avengers movie was the first comic book film that fully embraced the source material
>The mental gymnastics going on in revisions like this is amazing especially considering Avengers was only back in 2012
>>
>>91466288
>The first Avengers movie was the first comic book film that fully embraced the source material
pffft
>>
>>91462277
>Even better than MoS trailer.

no
>>
>>91462277
Not all of the MoS trailers were even that good. There were early warning signs, and the "what was I supposed to do? Let them die?" "maybe" line first got out and created a shitstorm from one of them.
>>
>>91462560
>embrace the weird

This is the secret

That weird shit isn't popular in comics for no reason, it's tried and tested
>>
File: PoP.jpg (589KB, 885x1361px) Image search: [Google]
PoP.jpg
589KB, 885x1361px
>>91462277

This is probably the closest thing to a Prince of Power movie I'm ever going to get, so I'll have to take it.
>>
>>91465118
>>He's a friend from work!
>Would Thor really say that?

Movieverse Thor would absolutely say that
>>
>>91465083

>Shit color palette

No
>>
>>91467751

I would bet actual money this script started life as a PoP movie
>>
>homeland gets destroyed
>but don't worry about that it's gonna be a funny comedy ;)
>>
>>91467963
Lightness of tone =/= comedy.
>>
>>91467997
romps + lightness of tone x quips = comedy2
>>
>>91468113
Incorrect.
>>
>Chain rattle
>Now I know you're wondering how I got myself in this situation
>Let me explain
>>
>>91468132
Ah too bad, that's the wrong answer! It's actually correct I'm afraid
>>
>>91464367
>>91464408
>>91464630
>>91464682
>>91465118
>>91467963
I actually was talking about this with the professor who teaches my Film Marketing class, and what he described to me is exactly what you guys are saying. Basically the Guardians of The Galaxy goofy-space adventure formula and aesthetic generated excellent returns with both focus groups and box office sales, so they took the Thor line of movies and tweaked the tone to a more successful model, away from the older more serious model.
They come up with dimensions for it, what they think worked in the successful model, and the dimensions that build that idea:
>stylized retro title card
>background music in the trailer
>color-grading
>showing adventure rather than dissecting the plot too much
It's all about numbers and revenue you guys, nothing more.
>>
>>91468177
Sorry Anon, you're not on the short bus to /tv/, it's still incorrect.
>>
>>91468200
Doesn't mean it can't be good. This is a case of separating the art and the artist, or at least the artistic facilities responsible for the finished product.
>>
>>91462560
Flash fucking sucks, kill yourself faggot
>>
>>91465118
>>He's a friend from work!
Yes, actually.
>>
>>91465118
He's been spending quite a fair bit of time on Earth, so yeah, I wouldn't put it past him.
>>
>>91468200

That's fine with me, I liked Guardians and I'd love to see more like it. I'm sure once they shove the tenth film of the same style down my throat I'll hate it, but for now it's great.
>>
>>91468214
you what mate
>>
I WANT TO HAVE CATE BLANCHETT SIT ON MY FACE
>>
>>91465118
He's probably picked up some of Darryl's speech patterns.
>>
So is Thor pulling off a reverse Matrix/Godfather?

The first two movies were totally unimpressive and average in every way imaginable, but this third movie actually looks intriguing.
>>
File: 1477678923165.gif (425KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477678923165.gif
425KB, 512x512px
>>91464292
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsqqa_-kh8A
>>
>>91462560
It looks like just unused concept art for Jakku costumes and people at Maz's cantina from The Force Awakens.

They've even got a scrap planet looking thing that's seems similar to what was one of the original ideas for what Jakku would look like.

Is this really what the comics looked like? It kind of seems like they want some synergy in perception between Marvel and the new Star Wars movie coming out at the tail end of Ragnarok's run.
>>
>>91468500
>Is this really what the comics looked like?
No, but Hela and Skurge look pretty spot on.
>>
>>91468458
>I THOR OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME, AND CAST HIM INTO THE MCU, WHERE FORMULAIC PLOTS AND QUIPS ARE LAW
>>
>RAGNAROK
>go for a fun & lighthearted tone

Well why not
>>
File: Marvel FTW.png (275KB, 615x558px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel FTW.png
275KB, 615x558px
>>91462277
Is there anyone better than Marvel?

obviously not
>>
File: 5UU7vVJ force awakens jakku.jpg (84KB, 1191x679px) Image search: [Google]
5UU7vVJ force awakens jakku.jpg
84KB, 1191x679px
>>91468500

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-trivia-facts-secrets/?view=all

During his year or so work on the film, Michael Arndt experimented with different plot points for the story. One discarded element would have featured Rey finding the wreckage of Death Star II under water. She would need to swim beneath to the Emperor’s personal observation tower to access his personal archives to find missing pieces of the map. Another proposed story would have found the characters racing to recover Darth Vader’s body. After J.J. Abrams came aboard to direct, the movie became the sort of New Hope throwback, abandoning a good deal of Arndt’s original story.

https://moviepilot.com/posts/3775770

Instead of Rey speeding across sandy plains, we could have seen her paddle through this dark and murky water in between ramshackle swamp houses made from scrap metal and salvaged objects. The swamp Jakku is pretty creepy, as junk walkers loom above the fog...
>>
File: not jakku.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
not jakku.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>91469135
>>
I feel like if there's one thing the internet should have learned by now it's to not trust trailers. Trailers are a marketing tool.
>>
>>91468200
Thor was never serious, just bland.
>>
>>91469358
we don't trust trailers

we trust Marvel
>>
>>91462277
He looks like a young Ron Pearlman.
>>
>>91469424
$0.05 has been deposited into your account.

Thanks for your hard work!
>>
>>91462277
This honestly looks like a lot of fun. The last couple of Marvel films have been trying to be a little to heavy for me.
>>
>>91468500
>>91469135
>>91469202
Can they just call it Raxus Prime like it is already? Jesus fuck.
>>
>>91469135

Cool, glad we'll get to see it on a screen.
>>
>>91469642
>The last couple of Marvel films have been trying to be a little to heavy for me.
Why is /co/ full of fucking pussies?
>>
>>91469858
It's not that it upsets me, it's that they're trying to make men in spandex with super powers deeper then they actually are.
>>
File: 1460152194359.jpg (17KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1460152194359.jpg
17KB, 384x313px
This movie looks like fucking shit. I knew once I saw the trailer /co/ would pop their tiny manchild boners for it because it looks "fun" and "wacky"

The set and costume design looks cheap as fuck. Thor's gladiator helmet looks like a cheap Walmart toy. The CGI has only gotten worse since Avengers 2. I'm sure it'll be quippy and funny, but that's all a capeshit movie needs to get a 99% on RT these days.

The only good thing about this movie from what I can tell is there is no more Kat Dennings, but even then they'll have to fill that quip-void with a new quip-bot I'm sure of it.

Also, not really a criticism, but how cool would it have been if they kept Hulk under wraps and away from the trailers? I'm sure the marketing team had a few meetings about it, until they did the math and realized they'd get a 12.3% viral view boost if they had Hulk in the trailer.

Capeshit is garbage. The cycle continues.
>>
>>91469992
Do you even read comics or are you just on /co/ to discuss your biannual MCU flick? Super heroes have always been a tool for writers to tell stories with deeper meanings. It's not just quips, crossovers, and ebin 5 minute fight scenes.
>>
>>91470000
having cheap costumes is good. it makes it easier to make costumes of the characters for cosplay, cheaper to buy costumes for halloween, and often cheaper to reproduce the costumes in video games and as toys.
>>
>>91470174
The fact that I don't know if you're trolling or shilling is pretty hilarious. Bravo, anon.
>>
>>91470000
Yeah fuck off Dannyboy
>>
>>91470000
Agreed
>>
I played this at work for 3 people.

Not /co/ but /vg/: "That is badass" Hyped

Mid 20's fan of marvel movies: Shouts "Yes!" as he watches the trailer. Hyped.

Indian gal who's never seen a marvel flick, "That movie looks fun."

Just three examples, but everyone I know who's seen the trailer is pretty jazzed.
>>
File: Capeshit Pioneer.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Capeshit Pioneer.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>91466288
>>
>>91466288
Watchmen is the closest to that
>>
>>91470000
Whine about it more. That will fix everything.
>>
>>91469545
You're welcome. If you want a job opp, I got you covered.
>>
>>91470000
What a waste of quads.
>>
>>91470066
>Super heroes have always been a tool for writers to tell stories with deeper meanings

>It's not just quips, crossovers, and ebin 5 minute fight scenes

Christ, how many comics has your 13 year old ass actually read? Or do you just wank to The Dark Knight Returns and desperately try to make your English teacher read it to convince him it's "real literature".

Seriously, in like almost 100 years of capeshit only about 2 books have ever even come close to being called "literature" and one of them was written by a guy who thinks the medium is bullshit and childish.
>>
>>91462277
Yeah, I'm much more hyped for this than any other capeshit this year. Guardians might be fun. WW, Homecoming, and JL all look passe
>>
>>91470662
>>91470866
None of these posts contained a counter argument.

Why did you even bother replying, shills?
>>
>>91470544
Nigger they basically just replaced Blade's personality with Snipes' real life one.
>>
>>91470891
>Seriously, in like almost 100 years of capeshit only about 2 books have ever even come close to being called "literature" and one of them was written by a guy who thinks the medium is bullshit and childish.

I never said they succeeded, shit for brains. That's just how comics are. The vast majority fall flat, but that's what comic books are. Comic book movies (capeshit) are just comedy-action flicks using comic book IPs for brand recognition. They are thematically different.
>>
>>91470947
Opposite for me. Definitely the cheapest, shittiest, most rehashed looking capeshit of the year.

Not surprised though, Thor has always been the worst of the MCU movies.
>>
>>91467873
>I would bet actual money this script started life as a PoP movie

Then give me your money, it started as Planet Hulk.
>>
Where's Doc Strange?
>>
>>91465118
> Friend

> Work

4chan users will find it even harder to relate to Thor.
>>
>>91462277
if there's no beta ray bill, I don't care
>>
>>91462277
I dont get the hype at all: its more souless marvel shit
>>
>>91471276
at a beyonce concert
>>
File: C9GEzGgVYAABb1i.jpg (336KB, 938x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C9GEzGgVYAABb1i.jpg
336KB, 938x1000px
We /kirby/ now
>>
>>91462277
The problem I can is James Gunn and Waititi are going to massively show up the Russo's glaring lack of visual imagination.

Infinity War is going to be a dull grey movie which uses dreary locations such as Scotland in what is supposed to be fantasy.
>>
File: thor-ragnarok-poster.jpg (91KB, 506x640px) Image search: [Google]
thor-ragnarok-poster.jpg
91KB, 506x640px
>>91462277
I don't care how the movie turns out, I want this fucking poster goddammit.
>>
>>91471587
That looks really good.
>>
>>91469358
>Trailers are a marketing tool.
Yeah, they're meant to advertise, glad you figured that out.
>>
>>91471044
You didn't make an argument in the first place. You shared your opinions. Opinions are not arguments.
>>
>>91462277
what did he even mean by this
>>
>>91471788
They're meant to get you to go see the movie regardless of its actual quality.
>>
File: 1486016482639.png (976KB, 814x862px) Image search: [Google]
1486016482639.png
976KB, 814x862px
>>91471878
Very astute observation. Tell me more.
>>
>>91471911

Trailers are short videos made with materials from an upcoming movie.
>>
>>91462277
It seems like the film is going to be a fun adventure movie which is something we haven't had in a while. I dig it. Hopefully they deliver.
>>
>>91466288
>t.Disney executive
Never anger the mouse.
>>
File: GORK N' MORK BE PRAISED.jpg (225KB, 800x370px) Image search: [Google]
GORK N' MORK BE PRAISED.jpg
225KB, 800x370px
OI YOU GROTS, QUIT MUCKIN' ABOUT, COME TASTE ME CHOPPAH

WAAAGH
>>
>>91462277
>A Thor movie has a better trailer than a Justice League movie
Wasn't expecting that, honestly.
>>
>>91472177
Too bad this looks like a videogame screencap.
>>
So /co/, will we finally get a good MCU villain?
>>
>>91472394
>finally
they're all good though
>>
>>91472417
ultron sucked ass
ronan was boring as shit
>>
File: Hela.jpg (152KB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
Hela.jpg
152KB, 800x960px
>>91472394
>Good MCU villain
Good at making my dick rise
>>
>>91464062
For Skurges last stand, The Hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1dpjirW3zI
>>
>>91472417
>>91472394
This is the problem. All memes aside, you two can only seem to deal in absolutes. Either they're all great or they're all shit with no middle ground.
>>
>>91462277
>Hulk pops out of the door
>doesn't immediately jump into the bleachers to beat up Loki
>no using Loki as a living flail against his brother

Meh
>>
>>91472394
Jeff is not a villain, he just wants to play children's card games.
>>
>>91471354

That's a retardedly good catch, how the fuck did anyone notice?
>>
>>91472656
But people did. Yesterday. Many times.
>>
>>91470891
>in like almost 100 years of capeshit only about 2 books have ever even come close to being called "literature"
why does /co/ hate it's own medium so badly? it's it cause they spend so much time reading capes? There are plenty of what would be considered 'high art' books or 'literature' books out there. Awards and lots of university profs overlook them, doesn't make them any less high art
>>
>>91471354

Why does the Collector have cut outs of out of context drawings of machinery from a Fantastic Four comic drawn by Jack Kirby as wallpaper in his VIP box?
>>
>>91464062
The thing is this has been a problem with Thor from the start. People were sending in hate mail in the 60s when they would follow a badass space adventure with the usual, Thor fights some gangsters. Just some gangsters, thats it, and theres some contrived bullshit with Donald blake, or whatever. It took a while before they figured out that all people wanted was the space adventure/norse mythology. They seem to get it with this one.
>>
>>91470891
Which two books? Tell me so I can make fun of your shit taste.
>>
>>91472803
It's /tv/. "Capeshit" is a dead giveaway.
>>
>>91472177
kek, from the looks of it Sakaar is populated by Chaos Space Marines. Take out those Heratics!
>>
>>91468200
>color-grading
I hope all the MCU looks like this in the future. Especially IW.
>>
>>91467135
>>91467200
Nice rebuttal, faggots

>>91470544
If you think movie Blade was similar to his comics counterpart pre-movie you're stupid.

>>91470587
Watchmen is a deconstruction of superhero concepts.

>>91472043
t. WB executive

See how easy that is?
>>
>>91472933
>Watchmen is a deconstruction of superhero concepts.
Deconstruction is a meme.
>>
>>91472968
So is anything that comes from Alan Moore and Grant Morrison. It's to be expected.
>>
>>91472968
>greentext is a meme
???
>>
>>91473049
>So is anything that comes from Alan Moore
Swamp Thing is not a meme, it's goddamn good. I'll give you Morrison though.
>>
File: t.jpg (39KB, 540x567px) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
39KB, 540x567px
>>91472394

The trick is eye shadow.
>>
>>91468200
Guardians of the Spiders confirmed?
>>
>>91473105
>JLA is a meme
>Doom Patrol is a meme
>>
>>91471990
Guardians of the Galaxy will have come out just a few months before this movie comes out.
>>
>>91473146
Doom Patrol is 100% a meme, but in a good way.
>>
>>91473105
Moore wrote Watchmen.
>>
>>91473187
That's right anon! Now can you tell me what color grass is?
>>
>>91470000
Goddamn that's a lot of trash opinions. Does it make you feel good and special to be so contrarian?
>>
>>91473222
Green
>>
>>91473243
Good job anon!
>>
>>91473299
Therefore, Alan Moore is a meme.
>>
File: grass.jpg (406KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
grass.jpg
406KB, 750x422px
>>91473243
50% try again
who is Thor's best waifu?
>>
>>91473323
Hyperion
>>
>>91472810
> Grandmaster

Why not?

Artists like Jack Kirby, Geoff Senior, George Perez, etc are a rich seam for movie art direction.
>>
File: hyperion2016001-cov-f9309.jpg (307KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
hyperion2016001-cov-f9309.jpg
307KB, 900x1366px
>>91473391
GOLD STAR!
>>
>>91462277
No its not...

EXCEPT WHEN I SHIFT INTO MAXIMUM OVERSHILL
>>
>>91473466
Because the wallpaper is out of coordination with the rest of the set and costuming in the shot and seems hamfisted.
>>
"He's a friend from work"

Fucking seriously? That's suicide squad level of cringe. It's okay when mahvel does it.
>>
File: mickey mouse hat.jpg (21KB, 427x286px) Image search: [Google]
mickey mouse hat.jpg
21KB, 427x286px
>>91469837
>>
>>91473656
How? all the costuming is Kirby and the background is the exact type of backgrounds he uses for stuff like Celestials, Eternals and Deviants.

anyone think these may be Deviants?
>>
>>91473748
You mean the ACADEMY AWARD WINNING SUICIDE SQUAD?
>>
>>91473748
>Fucking seriously? That's suicide squad level of cringe. It's okay when marvel does it.

But anon, quips are marvel's bread and butter.
>>
>>91472456
>ultron
i really liked ultron though, he had the most charm in my opinion
>ronan
who?
>>
>>91471354
Awesome
>>
>>91473778
What's an example in the comics of some of them standing around in front of some metal piping?
>>
>>91473748
> 4chan user

> Understanding the concept of "work" and "friends".
>>
>>91473507
What a terrible comic that was
>>
>>91464923
To be honest, I enjoy these threads like this simply to see anons like you get bullied and try to fight back like this. I know it's horrible, but after seeing these arguments go on and on and result in the same way, I started finding it hilarious to see someone like you always ready to respond.
>>
File: captain obvious.jpg (572KB, 700x890px) Image search: [Google]
captain obvious.jpg
572KB, 700x890px
>>91471878
>>
>>91464062
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU
>>
>>91469135
Good gravy! Another reason to shit on TFA for being so uninspired
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wArmHSPIvlQ
This really was an excellent teaser.
>>
>>91470544
Moviefags go and stay go
>>
Looks more like a GotG movie than Thor. GotG is great, but it already does "fun space adventure" really well, so it's weird that now Thor is doing the exact same thing. I liked it when it was shakespearian norse gods in space, it was something unique in the MCU. This just looks like GotG 2.5.
I'll still watch it because it looks really fun and I trust Waititi to make a good movie. Love that the helmet is finally back too.
>>
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/thor-ragnarok-trailer-is-marvel-disneys-watched-ever-24-hours-992978
>Most watched Disney trailer
>3rd overall most watched trailer
>JL not even near the top of the list
November's gonna be a massacre.
>>
>>91479176
I don't get how the AoU trailer isn't on top. I watched that shit every day till the movie came out.

Speaking of which, how many times have you guys and gals watched the Thor trailer? I'm probably at a baker's dozen by now.
>>
>>91479948
About 12
Now I just want to rewatch the Avengers movies, since those are the only ones where Thor doesn't suck massive dick.
>>
>>91479948
Only 7 times, two when talking with my friends about it
>>
>>91479948
Never stopped every time the trailer ended I hit that refresh button

Gotta do my part to help it crush JL in views I mean obviously it will anyway just as it's going to crush it at the box office but I want to help it do it faster
>>
>>91464835
2001 wasn't the only good movie he made you know, but what really burns me is he gets zero respect for filming the moon landings. Setting up the space and on-surface infrastructure to shoot on the moon is the greatest producer feat in history.
>>
>Hulk pops up
>Thor's face of pure joy
Okay that won me over
>>
>>91468200
>away from the older more serious model.
I think you mean the older more boring model that nobody liked

Thor 1 had a very fair amount of gags and fish out of water bits in it
>>
>>91479050
>I liked it when it was shakespearian norse gods in space
Maybe I'll give you Thor 1 but Thor 2, fuck no. Nobody likes Thor 2
>>
File: THATS_GANGSTA.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
THATS_GANGSTA.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
>>91473822
>>
>>91462277
I think what works for me is that Hela is not even once a butt of a joke in that trailer yet.

Like, remember how fucking no one found funny that Thor took subway in the middle of a fight with Ninth Doctor? That whole final battle was a joke.

They can do all the funny jokes they want like "Hulk is a friend from work!", just as long as sense of danger from Hela will feel real. They start it off immediately good by showing her blasting Mjolnir to pieces, showing that she is a real threat.
>>
>>91462560
>Embrace the source material
>by shitting on Kirby and turning Thor into a quipping idiot
>>
>>91464341
I'm much in the same boat as you anon.

Hela looks amazing, but from what I've read they've tossed out her entire background/character to maker her some sort of weapon master (who can no-sell Mjolnir, which is cool, but waaaay out of character).

Valkyrie...gods. I don't want to be someone raging about "race" but when you change the ethnicity of a character, and her costume, and her backstory...can you even say it's the same character? I mean, if they'd changed only one of those things, I could deal. If they changed two of them...I wouldn't be happy, but all three? Valkyrie in name only. And I was really hoping for a hot blonde goddess kicking ass in that wonderful costume of hers.

life is disappointment.
>>
>>91481588
I'm more talking about the idea. It just hasn't been done properly yet. I mean the Asgard scenes in Thor were amazing and exactly what I wanted, but then he had to go to earth and things took a turn for the worse. Didn't even bother with Thor 2 since I heard it was pretty bad.
It CAN work. It would stand out from other Marvel movies that way, so I'm sad they ditched it for more Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>91482843
>some sort of weapon master
her most powerful magic item was always her sword. And her power level has never been consistent, she just does what the plot requires.
>muh valkyrie
you know she isn't the only one in the trailer? You see a whole host of them.
>>
>>91468458

I would watch this.
>>
>>91482843
>(who can no-sell Mjolnir, which is cool, but waaaay out of character).
How the fuck is it out of character as if she's ever had a set powerlevel?
>>
>>91468590

>Get Hela and Skurge's costumes perfect
>Fuck up Valkyrie's to the point of being unrecognizable

Well...two out of three is something. Why can't we have perfect things though?
>>
>>91482922
>>91482949

Yeah, her most power item is her sword, but through most of the comics Hela has never been a melee fighter. She's the Goddess of Death, and most of her power stems from Death and Sickness magic.

Since they're basing this off the Simonson run, that's what I'm basing this largely on, but I am drawing from other runs. Hela couldn't take Thor in a straight up fight. She could weaken him to the point where every action he took broke his bones, she could prevent him from healing injuries, she had a numberless army that could bog him and the rest of Asgard down to the point they could be killed...but in hand to hand I have never seen her pull the type of power needed to no-sell a hit from Mjolnir, or melee her way through all of Asgard's army.

And I'm not trying to shit on her. Hela is one of my favorites in all of Marvel, but we're talking about taking a Wizard and turning them into a Barbarian. And from everything I've read, they have removed all her magic powers and turned her into a melee fighter who can grow weapons from her body. Which, objectively is "out of character" for Hela.
>>
>>91464341
Valkyrie is being introduced so that they can use an Asgardian in later movies who isn't tied directly to Thor, for when what's his face, Hemsworth's (?) contract expires and it costs too much to use him.

Same reason they started to push Rhodey more in the movies, and then backed off when RDJ was more willing to do bit-parts/cameos in movies. They are slowly nearing the end of contracts with most of the Avengers, and need to look into replacing them.
>>
>>91483181
She consumes most of Asgard with a fire spell. But yeah, they are giving her more physical prowess to make it more action based. As long as she has powerful magic to go along with it, I'm ok.

And from what I've seen, Hela doesn't physically fight usually cause she doesn't want to. She rarely lifts a finger herself and lets others do the work. Which is why I don't think she'll be in the final battle in this movie.
>>
>>91471277
So, where do you come from originally?
>>
>>91462277
At least it wasn't the Spider-Man "oops here goes the whole movie" trailer
>>
>>91468113
there has been less quips here than in the JL trailer
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>91479176
>theres an actual chance a Thor movie might outgross the first ever Justice League movie
i want off this ride
10 years ago more people knew the Myth of Thor than the comic
this universe is getting too strange
>>
>>91482922
I'm hoping that's what Valkyrie is. They make a point of showing a bunch of buff, blonde Valkyries at the start, and just say that Valk is, say, the last of their order, or some Valkyrie thrown out for some reason. Then her name becomes her title, like Captain America. Much more palpable than trying to cram in Valkyries always being black in Asgard because Asgard is just that progressive.
>>
File: 1484157102865.jpg (20KB, 200x243px) Image search: [Google]
1484157102865.jpg
20KB, 200x243px
>>91485535
She could be the slave of the Valkyries

I'm sorry
>>
>>91484695
Kill everyone and then yourself, its the only solution.
>>
>>91484695
>MUH 10 YEARS AGO
fuck off the Justice League was just as fucking irrelevant in 2007 as they are now
>>
>>91485709
the JL has always been the most popular superhero team in comics
>>
>>91468200
People will defend this, say it fits the character, but we all know it doesn't. Thor could have been made with the MoS type motifs and it would have been phenomenal.

And that's not comparing the DCEU and MCU, I really don't need some fucking company war faggot shit, I love them all, I just think that a more reverent, stoic mood would have fit. It's present in the Hela/Brunhilde flashback and I would have loved to see more of that rather than neon diarrhea.
>>
>>91483181
I don't mind a certain amount of asskicking, that's just doing her homework. 500 years of oats and squats and ginga is just mission prep in this context. And in her position, if I wasn't prepared to handle Mjolnir and Gungnir I'd keep working at it, because I will get those two thrown at me at some point.
If she's swapped out her magic for some All-Black the Necrosword stuff I will call bullshit, though. Won't stop me from fapping to what happens when you give the Ring to Galadriel, Frodo you daft cunt.
>>
File: Kirby.Thor_.jpg (138KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby.Thor_.jpg
138KB, 800x556px
>>91486101
>>
>>91479176
>>3rd overall most watched trailer
>>JL not even near the top of the list
Dr. Strange broke all kind of records too and in the end it didn't made more money than Suicide Squad

by that same standard, Fast and the Furious is getting more hype than any cape movie this year
>>
File: moore read.png (128KB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
moore read.png
128KB, 250x255px
>>91480436
>Never stopped every time the trailer ended I hit that refresh button
>Gotta do my part to help it
marvel shills are a thing
>>
>>91486077
Not for the past 5 years.
>>
>>91486497
Oh shit I've never heard of Jack Kirby! Who's that! Snazzy art!

Blow your fucking brains out faggot I stick by my point.
>>
>>91486101
Why do people that don't read comics pretend like they do?
>>
>>91486579
then who are?
The X-men havnt been since the 90's, the F4 are dead and the avengers sell shit for comics
>>
>>91486077
>in comics
no one cares about comics
>>
>>91464923
Are you retarded? It's a matter of taste, personally I still think the MoS trailer is on top but this one is great.
Of course MoS shat all over the trailer. Remember that hint of a perfectly cast Kevin Costner being a perfect Pa Kent? Me too.
>>
>>91462277
>Announce that Valkyrie is black
>Turns out she's from a different planet entirely
kek
>>
>>91486626
>no one cares about comics
no one cares about the flavor of the month Marvel films and characters
>>
>>91486601
I don't know. I'm sure you could tell me though.
>>
File: 1479925625393.png (378KB, 400x355px) Image search: [Google]
1479925625393.png
378KB, 400x355px
>>91486567
You're getting straight baited into company wars, anon, you should have known about now. Now, run while you can.

Or better yet, report those fags who only want to shit on comic movies.
>>
>>91481448
It makes sense because all of his Asgard warriors are dead, his Earth allies are too far away to contact, Strange won't help him, his brother is still out for him to die, etc. Hulk is the only bright spot in his shit sandwich of a situation.
>>
>>91482922
>>91483181
>her powerful magic item was always her sword
I thought it was her cloak. Doesn't she need that to like, live? Or really function at all for a prolonged period? In fact it doesn't look like they're using that at all for this movie.
>>
>>91471587
>Thor looks asian
What did they mean with this?
>>
Can we fucking agree that Skurge Karl Urban REALLY FUCKING LOOKS LIKE DOOMGUY more than he already looked like?

please remake that movie and put john carpenter on it!
>>
>>91472594
That's not it.
It's just that the ones in the middle are forgettable, while the awful and great ones you can never forget about.
Like Deadpool, he's both great and awful.
>>
>>91479176
>trailer autoplay when you open the page.
Mouseshills, goddammit.
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.