[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Bendis Guardians issue comes out tomorrow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 32

File: guardians-of-the-galaxy-19-feat.jpg (390KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
guardians-of-the-galaxy-19-feat.jpg
390KB, 1400x700px
Tomorrow, the years-long nightmare finally ends.

Will Duggan be the cure to Bendis' cancer, and lead the franchise down the path of recovery despite the forces of synergy?
>>
>>91460737
i'm sure it will get better but i doubt it'll get better enough
>>
>>91460737
Haven't read any of the last few issues, what's been going on?
>>
>>91460737
I'm from the future and I can confirm that Duggan's run will reinvigorate the franchise. At least on the comic front of things.
>>
>>91460908
Everyone is butthurt at Star-Lord because he knew Thanos was on earth and the team split up. Oh and they got stranded on earth because they participated in the battle of Civil War II despite having zero reason to be there and for their ship blown up by Vision.
>>
>>91460908
Nothing of consequence. Just stand-alone stories featuring each member except Venom. Most likely Because Bendis had to focus on getting both of his new Ironman books off the ground

Angela's girlfriend disappeared, and Gamora is still speging out over Thanos.
>>
>>91460737
>bringing back the Nova Corps
>bringing back the Brotherhood of Raptors
>said he'll be addressing some lingering plot threads from DnA's run
It's a step in the right direction, at least.
>>
>>91460959
>Everyone is butthurt at Star-Lord because he knew Thanos was on earth
That's not even a secret, why are they mad about it?
>>
>>91460997
Because Bendis books thrive on stupid drama.

It creates the illusion of plot development.
>>
>>91460959
>their ship blown up by Vision.
Why don't they just take another ship?
>>
>>91460997
The whole "Why didn't you tell us?! We were your friends!!' Deal.
>>
>>91460996
All he's doing with Nova's is bringing in the family from Secret Wars.
He wants an antagonistic law enforcement for the GotG to go up against and probably couldn't think of a good reason to make Rich go after them
>>
>>91460997
>That's not even a secret
It was actually.
It gets worse, Annihilus finds out about it because Gamora and Carol get into a fight and start arguing in public and somebody records it and posts it on the internet.
Yes, Annihilus, ruler of the Negative Zone, has bugs that check the Earth's internet in search for Thanos.
>>
>>91460996
I'm honestly over the synergy thing anymore. Things were never gonna go back to the way they were in DnA, and I was a deluded fool to think otherwise, Bendis or no. I'm tired of bitching about Star-Lord's helmet, or Gamora's armor, or the lack of uniforms, whatever.

At this point I just want good stories with proper character development. If Duggan can deliver that he'll have my attention.
>>
>>91460737
Awesome. I can read Guardians again. I hope to one day be able to read my favorite hero Iron Man.
>>
>>91461035
I think the explanation Bendis came up with is everyone hates them and didn't want to loan a space ship to them
>>
>>91461096
>All he's doing with Nova's is bringing in the family from Secret Wars.
He said that both Sam and Rich will also be in the book.
>>
>>91461171
But didn't they go there because Carol asked them to? Why don't they borrow one from her?
And if "everyone hates them", why don't they just steal a ship?
>>
>>91461108
>Annihilus, ruler of the Negative Zone, has bugs that check the Earth's internet
This actually isn't that crazy. Annihilus having sleeper-agents on Earth is nothing new.
>>
>>91461125

Duggan has done great with Uncanny Avengers. Will definitely be checking out how he does on GOTG.
>>
>>91461176
I must have missed that, but I do know he said he wants the team to be at odds with the family.
I'm really hoping he doesn't bring back the entirety of the Nova Corps because Rich works better as a Lone Ranger. Speaking of him, I'm scared of what Bendis has in store for him tomorrow
>>
>>91461096
>All he's doing with Nova's is bringing in the family from Secret Wars.

Fuck yeah!
>>
>>91461253
Mentioned in the recent "Marvel's Next Big Thing" conference call he did.
>>
>>91461108
Bendis sure loves the "bad guy finds out about something through the media and reacts to it" trope.
>>
>>91460982
Venom got a standalone issue though. It's about the Skrulls shapeshifting as Spider-Man.
>>
>>91461171
>Everyone hates ______

That's his answer for everything
>>
>>91461273
I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>91461209
This is written by the guy who thinks that She-Hulk could die/go into a coma from a missile.
>>
>>91461309
>>91461288
When has he used these tropes before?
>>
>>91461324
http://www.newsarama.com/33926-marvel-s-next-big-thing-all-new-guardians-of-the-galaxy-1-live.html
>>
>>91461253
Does anyone else not mind the Guardians as a family of drifters? As much as I love GOTGv2 I kinda think I prefer the Farscape shtick to renegade spacetime cops. It's just nobody in the comics knows how to write that effectively.

Would have been neat to see how Abnett would have followed v3.
>>
>>91461253
Bendis has his hands on Richard Rider again? Well this day got a whole lot more shittier all of a sudden.
>>
>>91460737
Remember how Bendis begun his run with this big deal about an intergalactic council passing a law making it illegal to mess with Earth (which somehow means they're painting a target on Earth?) because it's "dangerous"? Whatever happend to that?
>>
>>91461350

He writes characters shitting on minor superheroes and villains in small talk all the time. Particularly D-man.

The majority of his Avengers runs had the public develop a violent hatred of every iteration of the group.

Spider-man and X-men get passes though.
>>
>Will Duggan be the cure to Bendis' cancer, and lead the franchise down the path of recovery despite the forces of synergy?
No. Because on top of forced synergy all cosmic is religiously following Bendis' canon.

Duggan's run will be average at best, he's never been a great writer really.
>>
>>91461453
Most of them left, got sacked, or died.

Annihilus and the Brood Queen are all that's left
>>
>>91461495
So it was all a huge waste of time that went nowhere, got it.
>>
>>91461443
I'm not 100% sure, but I saw him on one of the variants for 19.
I'm guessing he'll be there when everyone goes to fight Thanos. Remember Bendis's last GotG 19 where Captain America cut off Nova's arm? Will Bendis manage to treat him worse?
>>
>>91461494
Abnett and Lanning aren't exactly great writers either. As awful as Bendis is, people overrate the shit out of the Abnett/Lanning stuff around here.
>>
>>91461523
>I saw him on one of the variants for 19
That variant was the "Best Bendis Moments" variant and was just a scene from his Original Sin arc. It has no bearing on the actual issue.
>>
>>91461547
The difference is that they weren't tied to synergy, editorial politics or a continuity that completely butchered the franchise and completely killed its momentum.
>>
File: 1488670100767.jpg (37KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1488670100767.jpg
37KB, 511x428px
>>91461554
> "Best Bendis Moments"

There aren't enough quotation marks in the world...
>>
>>91460737
Duggan is the same man who was able to fix Deadpool after years of crap, I believe in him.
>>
>>91461585
>synergy

All synergy means is a costume change and a nod to the movies here and there. No effect on the actual storytelling.

>editorial politics

Fuck has that got to do with GOTG?

>or a continuity that completely butchered the franchise and completely killed its momentum

What momentum? The franchise was dead before DnA and died again afterward, several years before Bendis even took over.

Franchises and characters have bounced back from far worse than what Bendis has done in GOTG. You must not have read many comics.
>>
>>91460737
Fuck it, here's the preview

>You are not and have never been alone in the universe
Did Bendis forget that the existence of aliens in the MU in common knowledge even though he himself wrote stories with that premise?
>>
>>91461692
Yes, this is totally not an invasion guys, trust me.
>>
>>91461719
Thanos' existence is also common knowledge given how many times he's attacked the Earth, why would ANYONE believe him? Why is Thanos even bothering with this?
>>
>>91461678
>No effect on the actual storytelling.
>what is baby groot
Also watch Mantis become a bumbling retard, not to mention the current characterization of the characters come out directly from synergy.

>Fuck has that got to do with GOTG?
Never trust modern Marvel.

>What momentum?
First of all, why are you defending Bendis? The franchise exploded after the movie and he completely drove it into the ground. It ended selling even less than the DnA run.
>>
>>91461737
Thus fucker shouldn't be allowed to touch Thanos.
>>
>>91461737
You're right Quill, this obviously is an invasion, you'd have to be a fucking moron to believe otherwise so why are you acting like you're smart?
>>
>>91460737
>still gonna be "comedic" with constant MCU pandering
I'm sure it'll be fine because Duggan, but it's hard to be particularly optimistic.
>>
>>91461774
>that second panel
How disgusting. I need a tl;dr version of that alone.
>>
>>91461745
>First of all, why are you defending Bendis?

I'm not defending Bendis. Why are you resorting to logical fallacies and attacking strawmen?

>The franchise exploded after the movie and he completely drove it into the ground

Bendis was writing the GOTG a full two years before the movie came out. Avengers Assemble came out in the summer of 2012.
>>
>>91461774
End of preview, also, here's that variant people were mentioning earlier

>Best Bendis moments
FUCK YOU
>>
>>91461837
I've met people who actually said they like Bendis and even they thought that was terrible
>>
>>91461040
Considering the Guardians started by Quill brainwashing people to join, should they even be surprised?
>>
>>91461774
>second panel
Jesus Christ
>>
File: 1482541532333.jpg (45KB, 380x921px) Image search: [Google]
1482541532333.jpg
45KB, 380x921px
>>91461692
>>91461719
Wait...

Did Bendis just copy Zod's whole schtick from Man of Steel?
>>
>>91461820
In all fairness, Bendis took up writing Guardians of the Galaxy around the same time as the movie was announced. Bendis is also the guy who wrote a Civil War 2 event to line up with the release of the movie, he even had War Machine 'killed' because he saw it happen in the trailer. And he's also now writing Defenders which is coming up sooner of later on Netflix.
>>
>>91461820
>le strawmen le logical fallacies
Says the guy who accused me of "not reading enough comics" as part of his argument. Fuck off with your memewords.

>Bendis was writing the GOTG a full two years before the movie came out
I don't see how this is an counter-argument at all.

>movie happens
>guardians become extremely popular
>somehow bendis manages to fuck up everything and make them sell less as when no one knew a shit about them
Is not that hard to understand.
>>
>>91460737
If Duggan could fix Deadpool, he can fix this.
Or at the very least not have it be shit
>>
>>91461897
Yes, but he failed miserably.
With Zod, this really was the first time the Earth was being exposed to aliens, as far as the humans and Superman himself knew, they really would leave if they got Superman.
Here it doesn't work because the Earth has been invaded by Thanos, Annihilus and the Brood several times so nobody with half a brain would believe them when they say it's not an invasion.
>>
Starlin back when?
>>
>>91461820
>Bendis was writing the GOTG a full two years before the movie came out.

He was also on the creative committee and would know ahead of time about the films and plan accordingly.

> Avengers Assemble came out in the summer of 2012.

The comic or are you talking about the film? The comic was out a few months before the film and obviously it was intended to lure potential viewers of the film in (Avengers lineup is the film lineup, Thanos shows up, GOTG shows up).
>>
>>91461903
>Defenders is now street-level
Every year I resent the MCU a little more.
>>
>>91461820
Guy on the movie creative committee starts writing the guardians months before movie's announced using the movie team including bug who was written out after they found out they didn't have the rights to him.
>>
>>91461903
>>91461976
I'm aware of all of these things. What's your point?

>>91461914
I didn't accuse you of anything. I said you must not have much experience if you think Bendis has ruined the franchise forever simply because, in typical Bendis fashion, he's ignored continuity. Ever heard of The Crossing?

>movie happens
>guardians become extremely popular
>somehow bendis manages to fuck up everything and make them sell less as when no one knew a shit about them

If there was any momentum it's because the movie builty that momentum, but Bendis was already on the damn book. It's not as if DnA ran up to the movie, then Bendis took over and drove it into the ground. He was shitting out mediocre stories well before casuals started giving a shit about the upcoming movie.
>>
>>91461903
Don't forget Bendis straight up stole ideas from early GotG scripts (i.e. The Badoon being the antagonistic alien race).
>>
>>91462035
>What's your point?
My point is that while it's true that Guardians were dead in the water before the movie was announced, that movie helped to sky rocket their popularity and exposure, and rather than giving them a good writer, Bendis pushed himself in place. He poisoned what could have been a great comic title for years, getting him off the book is the best news ice herd for the Guardians in years.
>>
>>91462042
The Badoon have been the primary antagonists of the GotG going back to the original group in the 70's though.
They were formed to fight the Badoon control of our solar system.

It's not stealing from the script to use one of the teams classic antagonists.
>>
>>91462042
>The Badoon being the antagonistic alien race

No that was there before the movie script. Marvel Studios changed it because they didn't have the rights to them, otherwise they would have gone with it.
>>
>>91462035
>I said you must not have much experience if you think Bendis has ruined the franchise forever
Stop putting words in my mouth. I never implied that, you fucking retard.

This all started because you said DnA weren't exceptional good writers, after I commented the same after Duggan, and I retorted your shit by saying they weren't tied to much shit with the franchise hence trying to illustrate why they were able to put a good product without being stellar writers as opposed to Duggan now. One of those reasons being having to follow that doesn't sit up with actual fans making them wary of the book. I never fucking implied the franchise was ruined forever and would never recover, stop changing the narrative, you hopeless idiot.

>If there was any momentum it's because the movie builty that momentum
Man, it took THIS many posts for you get this. Of course the movie build the momentum and then Bendis drove it to the ground.
>>
>>91462042
>>91462162
The bigger sin he did was changing Starlord into the version from the movie. Bye all your character history that shit took place in a different not main universe, now your a bastard space prince.
>>
>>91462142
Yeah, and? I've never been happy about Bendis on GOTG and I'm elated that he's leaving. All I'm saying is there was no momentum pre-Bendis for him to kill.
>>
>>91462210
>>91462162
Yes, early Guardians scripts featured the Badoon instead of the Chitauri, but Marvel didn't have the rights so they were changed.

As that other anon said in this thread don't forget Bendis was part of the comic committee in MS and had access to early drafts for the movies.
>>
>>91462251
I wouldn't have minded if at least he tried a little to explain why such a radical change of personality happened. I mean it's not that hard to say that Doorman fucked up his brain or something.
>>
>>91462260
But there was, the announcement of the film ment momentum and anticipation for not only the film but the comic as well. Everyone who had never read GotG before (including myself) looked up what comics there were to read, and most were directed to DnA's run, but then, while the film is in development we get a brand new GotG ongoing, I was pretty fucking excited, but after the first issue I decided maybe I should tradewait to collect the comic, after the 4th issue I decided to just read the story times on /co/ and not buy the comic, by the time Venom join the team I had stopped reading the storytimes and was ignoring the threads.

Momentum killed.
>>
>>91462213
>Stop putting words in my mouth. I never implied that, you fucking retard.

But you did.

>or a continuity that completely butchered the franchise

What else could you be implying here?

>Of course the movie build the momentum and then Bendis drove it to the ground.

The movie was building momentum WHILE Bendis was shitting the bed on the book.

Not sure why you're throwing an autistic tantrum, slinging shit everywhere, but I've had my fill. I'm sure you'll follow this with some "scathing" reply full of childish insults, or whatever it is that will makes you feel as if you've won. So go on and give yourself a big ol pat on the back for me too willya? You earned it champ.
>>
You know those comics that tie into films, but then just repeat the plot of the film? This is what GOTG feels like now.

Lord knows we don't need Thanos to be in GOTG comics, video games and cartoons...
>>
>>91462003
I wonder if that book will reference the fact that half of them have actually BEEN Defenders before.
Luke was around during the Gerber run for a bit, and Danny joined in Fraction's shitty series.
>>
>>91462405
>What else could you be implying here?
>This all started because you said DnA weren't exceptional good writers, after I commented the same about Duggan, and then retorted your shit by saying they weren't tied to much shit with the franchise hence trying to illustrate why they were able to put a good product without being stellar writers as opposed to Duggan now. One of those reasons being having to follow that doesn't sit up with actual fans making them wary of the book.
My bad for not revisiting my own posts before posting. But you're still an idiot for assuming wrong and keep being entitled to your own version of what people actually said.

>The movie was building momentum WHILE Bendis was shitting the bed on the book.
That doesn't contradict my statement at all, retard. Yes, he was shitting the bed AND continued to do so until he killed all the hype the movie had created.

>s-stop being rude!!!!
You don't have arguments, fucking faggot. Go back to your reddit safe space instead of shitting up the board with your stupid claims.
>>
>>91462506
well good news anon, there will be no thanos in this series

only synergy here seems to be baby groot
>>
>Bendis continuity
>>
>>91462548
I wonder if Mantis will also get a little adjustment.
>>
>>91462265
>Chitauri
We mean Sakaarans.
>>
dumpan
>>
>>
>>91462534
Fraction's run ends with the whole book being retconned.
Danny and Red She-Hulk should have no memory of being Defenders.
>>
>>91462686
The Grandmaster or the Collector?
>>
>warlock thanos and drax in the ground

like this one a lot
>>
>>91462694
>Danny and Red She-Hulk should have no memory of being Defenders.
Neither do I, but I do remember Silver Surfer jobbed a lot.
>>
>>91462712
oops

>>91462707
collector

grandmaster is blue
>>
>>
>walkman

wonder if this will be relevant since I don't think the walkman has actually appeared in the comics

good cover
>>
kuder's a good artist
>>
File: ANGARGAL2017001006_col[1].jpg (276KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ANGARGAL2017001006_col[1].jpg
276KB, 791x1200px
>>
File: ANGARGAL2017001007_col[1].jpg (594KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ANGARGAL2017001007_col[1].jpg
594KB, 791x1200px
>>91462852
>>
>>91462707
The Collector, however, they'll both be in this arc, they're fighting each other and the GotG are in the middle of it.
>>
File: ANGARGAL2017001011_col[1].jpg (550KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ANGARGAL2017001011_col[1].jpg
550KB, 791x1200px
>>91462880
>milano

better than the ugly pos used under bendis
>>
File: ANGARGAL2017001013_col[1].jpg (196KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ANGARGAL2017001013_col[1].jpg
196KB, 791x1200px
>>91462906
good atmosphere

what you think /co/?
>>
>>91461272
>M-Mommy
>>
>>91462831
>Oblivion
Remember when everyone thought that he would be the Cosmic Jailer? At least someone else will use him.
>>
>>91462745
I wonder if he'll do anything else with Gamora than >muh daddy issues for he umpteenth time.
>>
>>91462906
I like the Milano design a lot.
>>
>>91462548
And the Collector and Grandmaster.
>>
>>91461096
>He wants an antagonistic law enforcement for the GotG
Which implies that the "Guardians" will remain outlaws.
Despite being the only ones trying to keep some semblance of order in the cosmos just a few years back. Fuck me, I hate synergy.
>>
>>91463124
The Collector is old news. The Grandmaster is though.
>>
>>91461309
"Write what you know", I guess.
>>
>>91463129
They were always kind of outlaws. Knowhere didn't formally recognize them as any kind of authority until like, the very end of the series.
>>
>>91463129
>Fuck me, I hate synergy.
Don't worry, I got you senpai.

They're regarded as "heroes" and "saviors" in vol 2 maybe they'll synergize again later on.
>>
>>91463179
>Knowhere didn't formally recognize them as any kind of authority
Neither are the X-Men in U.S soil, or super heroes in general, but they aren't labeled "outlaws". The Guardians were acknowledged a heroic/justice team, never considered outlaws per se. This is just synergy.
>>
>>91463239
And vigilantes often clash with the law. Like the guardians did with the Knowhere police. Whats wrong with them clashing with the Nova Corps? You know it's bound to be a misunderstanding.
>>
>>91463239
didn't the modern team get formed out of the jail cells of the Kree (or Sha'ri, i forget which) to help combat the annihilation wave?
>>
>>91460996
>said he'll be addressing some lingering plot threads from DnA's run
We'll never learn what the deal with Garthan Saal was, will we?
>>
>>91463336
Oh, I'm not the same anon you were replying to. I actually don't have a problem with them clashing with the Nova family. I was just correcting your wronged claims.

>>91463356
You're wrong and right.

It was in Annihilation: Conquest, the Star-Lord mini. The Kree send a bunch of criminals to help liberate the Kree people from the Phalanx. Though only Rocket, Star-Lord, Groot and Mantis made it to the actual Guardians.
>>
>>91463371
He's chilling' with Wraith in outer space.
>>
>>91463459
Don't you dare put Garthan in the same boat as that edgelord.
>>
>>91463504
>supernova
>not an edgelord

m8
>>
>>91463423
So i was mostly wrong, but it still shows that some of the members have some type of criminal past/connection, at least in their most recent incarnation.
Out of the 4 people you listed, 3 of them make up the current core team of the Guardians.

all of which happened long before the movie so the cries of "SYNERGY!" are bullshit.
Everyones acting like they've always been nothing but heroic.
>>
File: thanos imperative issue 6 010.jpg (278KB, 618x960px) Image search: [Google]
thanos imperative issue 6 010.jpg
278KB, 618x960px
>>91463587
Dumb phone poster.

Resetting the team's status to 'outlaws' IS synergy. They didn't even bother to throw an explanation as for why.
>>
>>91463371
It still blows my fucking mind that he doesn't appear even once in any of the Sam Alexander books when, in every single fucking run, they STRONGLY imply that Garthan Saal started the Black Novas and then end up doing nothing with it.
>>
>>91463688
Because >muh dad. The sad part is that the dad plot thread still hasn't been resolved.

Sam is a very shitty character, the only ones who like him are shotafags who find his awkwardness cute.
>>
>>91463685
"Shit he had a point, better call him dumb so it invalidates it."
It's possible to make a heroic sacrifice while still living outside the law.
>>
>>91462933
Cautiously optimistic
>>
>>91463688
They've never implied that or even referenced Garthaan during Sam's solo time.
>>
>>91463825
>"Shit he had a point, better call him dumb so it invalidates it."
True. That's why, on top of calling you dumb, proved you wrong in the very next line:
>'Resetting the team's status to 'outlaws' IS synergy'

>It's possible to make a heroic sacrifice while still living outside the law.
Irrelevant. I never claimed outlaws weren't allowed to make heroic sacrifices.

After Conquest the Guardians became a legitimate superhero group, dumbass.
>>
File: -004 copy.jpg (747KB, 1591x1223px) Image search: [Google]
-004 copy.jpg
747KB, 1591x1223px
>>91463932
>get called the Supernovas in Loeb's run
>literally has a black nova helmet
>OS arc of Duggan's run reveals that the person that started the Black Novas was a renegade Nova using the nova force for his own ends that then recruited other Novas to join him
So a renegade Nova creates a Black Nova helmet and creates an organization full of other renegade novas called the Supernovas, and you're telling me this doesn't imply that it's Garthan Saal, the renegade Nova with a black Nova helmet who calls himself Supernova and was last seen recruiting Novas for his own group?
>>
>>91463939
stating your opinion is not proving someone wrong.
no matter how many times you scream it.
>>
>>91464019
Prove how this statement is not true.

>'Resetting the team's status to 'outlaws' IS synergy'
>>
>>91464029
I could sit here and explain the whole series of events that organically leads to the team being like "Fuck it, we mean to do wrong." but it doesn't mater how many examples i give you'll still scream
"SYNERGY!"
>>
>>91464012
I sincerely doubt Loeb knows who Garthaan is and simply thought the name "supernova" was original and would make them sound cooler.
Also, they've been retconned to having always been a part of the regular Nova Corps and Rich evidently always knew about them.
>>
>>91464117
>I could sit here and explain the whole series of events that organically leads to the team being like "Fuck it, we mean to do wrong."
Go ahead.
>>
>>91464117
>o-of course i can prove you wrong b-but i won't b-because then you'll correct me a-again!!!!
>b-but i'm right despite not providing any kind of argument or source!!!!!!!!
How pathetic.
>>
>>91464149
3/5 of the current team have a history of being outlaws.
The leader is wanted by the entirety of fathers species for fucking off from his royal duties. (which is far from synergy as the movie is making his dad a living planet)
The green bitch has always been wanted by like every race thanos ever fucked over.
Rocket has spent the last however many months they've been on earth getting shit on by both the government and heroes of earth.
Groot is along for any ride that involves Rocket
Drax is along for any ride that ends in fuck thanos.

They've all been getting collectively shit on by galactic and planetary governments for the past several years.

congrats, i fell for the bait, now say your god damn line like you mean it.
>>
>>91464118
>they've been retconned to having always been a part of the regular Nova Corps
No they haven't. They were a renegade group that Sam's dad infiltrated and was later re-integrated back into the Nova Corps as their black ops division. This was all explained in Duggan's run and nothing in Ryan or Loveness' runs contradicts or retcons this.

Jessie had already retired by the time Rich became a Nova, meaning the Black Novas had already been reintegrated into the Nova Corps by the time Rich joined it, hence why Rich knew about them.
>>
>>91464187
So if that's the case, then Garthaan couldn't have started them since he didn't become Super Nova until after Rich joined.
Also, that explanation makes very little sense, since they would likely been taken out in the first time Xandar was decimated.
Then again, nothing makes sense in Nova anymore
>Worldmind's trapped in the Cancerverse too, guys.
>>
>>91464350
It also never made sense how Jesse could meet Rocket and Gamora before Rich ever became a Nova.
>>
>>91464350
The timeline is fucky regarding the Black Novas even if you don't accept the fact that Garthan Saal started them since Jessie knew Rocket and Gamora. Rocket would have still been on Half-world and Gamora would have still been with Thanos if Jessie retired right when Sam was born, which would put it right at the beginning of the Marvel Age.
>>
>>91462745
i am curious about the 'dark secret' gamora is going to have. like what did she kill adam and drax?
>>
>>91464477
I think Garthaan should be the one who started them, but their origin from OS fucks that.
Garthaan recruiting people who were pissed off after Rich removed most them at the end of WoK would have been pretty good, since they could have shared the mutual hatred Garthaan has toward him.
>>
>>91464275
Except we were discussing how they were reset to outlaw status after Peter returned from the cancerverse despite being the heroes who literally saved the entire Galaxy twice.

The majority of that revisited continuity you posted is a direct product of Bendis and Dogfucker arbitrarily changing the characters' to SYNERGIZE with the movie. Nobody gave a shit Gamora was Thanos adopted daughter when she was part of the Guardians, that only came after SYNERGY. Rocket became a bounty hunter after Bendis took over, in Annihilators he was a blue collar worker.

They even changed Star-Lord's origin story to be more akin to the movie, up to the point of introducing a new Yondu who kindapped him just like in the flick. You're full of shit.
>>
>>91464706
The argument was over if they were always outlaws or not and if clashing with knowhere security counted or not.
Their status as outlaws was always dubious despite heroic acts.
Your autistic ass learned the word synergy and started applying it to every thing you didn't like.
There is a lot of shit they changed to be synergy. Fucking yondu being one of the worst.
The status of outlaws is not one of them.
>>
>>91465025
>because i say so
Star-Lord's ragtag group were outlaws. The Guardians were considered heroes since their inception and worked tightly with actual authorities just like the Avengers or any other super hero group.

You keep pulling arguments out of your ass for the sake of arguing.
>>
>>91465111
pot kettle black
your entire argument is 'but they're heroes'
>>
File: RCO024_1468935055.jpg (1MB, 1280x1941px) Image search: [Google]
RCO024_1468935055.jpg
1MB, 1280x1941px
>>91465301
Shut the fuck up already. They never were in odds with Knowhere until the reboot.
>>
>>91465507
man he keeps making points, better dial in my argument to the one bit i know is true so i can ignore anything else he said.
>>
>>91465532
Not an argument, bud.
>>
>>91465532
>gets shown actual proofs
>i-it doesn't count!!!!
>>
>>91465532
Dumb phoneposter.
>>
>>91465557
>>91465599
>>91465624
(You)
>>
@91465772
Pathetic.

You don't even deserve a (you). Next time don't go making retarded claims if can't back them up.
>>
>>91465507
Good thing Knowhere is a galactic government.
You should post that one from the time the Inhumans as rulers of the kree told them to GTFO and then one of their members kidnapped one of the royal family as collateral.
>>
>>91465858
Just like the Avengers or the Justice League and several Earth governments, right, smart boy?

Good job not providing any context as to why they were told to fuck off, or mentioning how they end up working with the Inhumans anyway.
>>
>>91466011
your cherry picking worse then my cherry picking.
my point has always been the same.
They're a group of people who live outside the law that do heroic shit. that is not a synergy change.
>>
>>91466104
I'm not cherrypicking, nigger. Your point is wrong anyways.

There isn't a single instance where the Guardians are an outlaw group who're pursued by the authorities that came from the movie. Even during the Star-Lord mini they were working under the Kree.
>>
>>91460737
>modern Marvel comics
>any hope of getting better
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>91462852
wow, that outfit looks even worse than the mass effect armor.
>>
>>91461692
>>91461719
So much for Carol's wall.
>>
>>91466638
If anything, this and Monsters Unleashed are building a case for it.
>>
>>91466638
>>91467903
Of all sad words of tongue and pen the saddest are these: 'Carol was right again'
>>
>>91465507
Never in odds with Knowhere? Wasn't the Knowhere police constantly at odds with Quill?
>>
>>91461272
>Don't talk to me or my Centurion son ever again
>>
>>91461774
The fun part is how you can completely ignore that entire text bubble.
>>
>>91461837
>Best Bendis moents
>Star-Lord, Drax, and Thanos Battle the Revengers

It's like this variant was just made to trigger me
>>
>>91461176
He said that that he enjoyed writing Sam and that he had written Rich but he didn't want to say in which comic Rich was going to appear (seeing how GotG and Deadpool in space arc will both have Novas it could be in either although I'm leaning towards GotG).

He also said this new Nova corps was going to be different from the old one and that the non-human Novas disliked the human ones (because Earth is a shitty planet known were nothing good happens there).

Jordan White also said that the new Nova Corps was going to significantly impact Sam and Rich but wouldn't say more about it, IIRC Loveness also said in an interview that there were going to be people who would question Sam's position as a Nova since he technically took the helmet from his dad and didn't get inducted into the Nova corps.
>>
>>91463423
>Though only Rocket, Star-Lord, Groot and Mantis made it to the actual Guardians.

Everyone forgets Bug.

People shouldn't forget Bug.
>>
>>91461418
I don't mind the Farscape Starjammer shtick if writers would actually do something interesting with it and not ape the first movie while producing shitty results.

That said it looks like Duggan is going to do something interesting with them and so will Starlin in his GotG mini so the Guardians might be saved.

I will miss DnA's Peter Quill and their less ragey and smarter Rocket though.

>Would have been neat to see how Abnett would have followed v3.

He said he had plans for a story that dealt with what happened to Rich and Peter, that they were stuck between life and death in some other dimension.

Still I wouldn't mind it if Marvel had their own Elsewhere type of stories (and no the What-Ifs are different) and they would just let Abnett write a GN ala Earth 1 but with the Guardians and Nova were he goes crazy with it and just does whatever kind of like Starlin does with his Thanos GNs, of course the casuals wouldn't buy it.

Also I miss Guardians 3000, didn't much care for Guardians of Infinity tho.
>>
>>91461495
Yeah and Annihilus was planning something with Brood Queen and NOTHING came out of it.

>>91461522
Yep and close towards the end people were catching on and I guess that's why he decided to bail, GotG wasn't bringing him any glory.
>>
>>91462665
>>91462686
>>91462745
>>91462800
>>91462831
>>91462852
>>91462880
>>91462906
>>91462933

I'm happy Kuder's art is being treated properly by the inks and colors here. His previous Marvel stuff that i've seen was not up to his, say, Action Comics or Parasite.
>>
...has anything actually happened this run?
>>
File: SAINT-GERMAIN-CHELA-PICTURE.jpg (10KB, 234x313px) Image search: [Google]
SAINT-GERMAIN-CHELA-PICTURE.jpg
10KB, 234x313px
>>91460737
>>
File: Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_3_18.jpg (139KB, 659x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_3_18.jpg
139KB, 659x1000px
>>91471694
We had a serious contender for the worst thing Bendis ever wrote
>>
>>91461466
In X-men he had everyone hate scott
>>
>>91461820
>Bendis was writing the GOTG a full two years before the movie came out.

Because back then he was with the Creative Committee and he was privy about some of the stuff that was going behind the scenes with Gunn and Marvel Studios.

He bragged about having read the scripts and one of the earlier drafts which BTW had Bug in it and it's probably the reason why Bendis included Bug in his very short and forgettable Avengers Assemble Guardians arc and why Bug was absent from his GotG comic once it started.

He was even bragging about being involved with the movie and supposedly giving ideas to Gunn an dhow he was influencing the movie. Mcniven, who at the time did the horrible Mass Effect, dissed the 2008 team uniforms and was also bragging saying how he had met with the movie people and had send them his art for ideas (he also said Star-Lord having a mask was bad because we couldn't see him acting).

I guess eventually both got fed up because Gunn talked about meeting up with Abnett and Lanning (before they broke up their partnership) and how he asked them to read his script and how he asked for their opinion about it and if it was OK (both DnA approved). And it was around the time the movie came and Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment separated that Bendis also started saying things like "My comic is not like the movies, it's different!"

Speaking of the Creative Committe, in one of Gunn's Facebook video Q&A's when a fan asked him if he had any challenges with the script for GotG he said that there were people that gave him trouble when he was writing the Thanos scene because they would make him change things and tell him to write Thanos differently. He then said "At least those people aren't working here anymore"
>>
>>91472280
And even if you ignore all of that Bendis is a shameless ass. He kept saying to DnA fans that his run wasn't DnA's that he was different, that he was doing his own thing etc... etc... and even brought them up even when no one else did when people were criticized him but the moment he was promoting Guardians of Knowhere he used their name to promote his stuff.

>On its base level, "Guardians of Knowhere" is a beautiful, fun, sci-fi book that I'm immensely proud to have my name on. It's a beautiful book. Beyond that, for fans of the Marvel Universe and the Guardians, we've got some good treats coming....We're going to take the cool stuff that Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning did with Knowhere, and the cool stuff they did in the movie, and try to build upon that and do new cool stuff with it

And then when he introduced the Knowhere Corps he said that they were inspired by DnA (they ended up doing nothing)

Then he said on twitter in a confession tweet that he didn't read anything Guardians prior to writing them.

Seriously fuck Bendis, I'm glad he's gone, if Duggan can at least write something decent then I'll be good.
>>
>>91461040
>>91460997
Now Duggan is going to do the "Gamora has secrets that her team finds out about and it pisses them off" although whatever she's hiding kind of seems interesting especially since the cover for the solicit that mentions it has Adam's, Drax's, and Thanos' faces in the sand (sorry for the shitty size) so it probably has to do with her time with Infinity Watch.
>>
>>91472357
>he introduced the Knowhere Corps he said that they were inspired by DnA (they ended up doing nothing)

Bendis has a habit of leaving lots of dangling plot threads in every one of his books. This is nothing new.
>>
>>91461466
He loves repeating himself

Ultimate Peter, Miles, and Riri have a lot of similar tropes and themes going on, especially when it comes to SHIELD.

Also he can't use Maria Hill as his SHIELD Director so he uses Sharon Carter and writers her the same despite the fact that Sharon Carter has been screwed over badly by SHIELD and quit the organization and has only been working for the Government as a liason to SHIELD.
>>
>>91471607
Yeah, it's shaping up nicely. I'm honestly looking forward to all of the GOTG stuff coming next month.

>2 issues of GOTG plus FCBD issue
>Star-Lord annual
>Groot Fuck you guys, my nephew loves him
>Ewing's Rocket
>weekly Starlin GOTG

I know things have been dire at Marvel line but with Ultimates plus Nova the Cosmic line has really got my attention again. Hope the new movie is good too.
>>
>>91472612
>>91472592
It all comes down to the fact that at the end of the day, he's not a very creative person anymore.

He lacks the tact necessary to tie plot points together, and his imagination seems to have burnt out after his first several years as a writer. Which might be why he keeps repeating/pleasuring himself.

Case in point, there are several scenes in the current run or Spider-man that regurgitate moments in Ultimate.
>>
>>91462142
>Bendis pushed himself in place.
Actually he said that he didn't want to write Guardians because he had no interests but Brevoort and other editors insisted that he should and that he went and skimmed Claremont's Star-Lord run and liked it enough to write GotG.

Abnett said that Editorial had already planned to take him and Lanning off from GotG because they were already planning the movie back then and wanted to re-start the franchise, but that they let them finish Thanos Imperative before it happened (but they took too long getting their shit together so they let them do Annihilators and that Rocket & Groot mini).
>>
>>91462800
Shouldn't be relevant because his mother never gave him a walkman in the comics and she just got killed by aliens and he lived on Earth until he was a young adult.
>>
File: garthan-saal.jpg (98KB, 400x365px) Image search: [Google]
garthan-saal.jpg
98KB, 400x365px
>>91463423
Though only Rocket, Star-Lord, Groot and Mantis made it to the actual Guardians.

Yep and then Gamora and Drax joined up and those two had criminal pasts, so much that Drax and Cammi got nervous when they met Rich because he was a Nova. And when Rich suggested Drax and Gamora to join Peter's team Phyla kind of objected because they were Assassins.

And they always had a bad rep with Knowhere and the Luminals even when Thanos Imperative happened Medusa shit-talked about them, Star-Lord was considered to be crazy

>>91463587
The problem with me is making them thieves or mercenaries since none of them were ever thieves and with the probable exception of Gamora none of them were mercenaries.

>>91463504
Garthan IS an Edgelord but unlike Wraith he was fun.

>>91463371
I hope he appears in Nova instead of GotG, he's Rich's villain after all.

>>91463688
Because Loeb is an idiot and yeah hopefully Loveness finally connects the dots there, I mean the Black Novas were also known as Supernovas and they were all shady and some of them were criminals so it makes sense.
>>
>>91473377
Well OK Star-Lord stole his title but what I meant is that he didn't make a habit of robbing people.
>>
>>91461805
It's a trap!
>>
>>91460737

Wait does this mean Duggan is gonna stop writing Deadpool?
>>
>>91473714
It means Zub is going to write Uncanny Avengers
>>
>>91468122
Yeah, but it was more of a 'dammit Quill, stop getting in the middle of our business' as opposed to openly hostile
>>
>>91473714
No, he will give up on Uncanny Avengers and so will I because of this >>91473733

As a matter in fact Deadpool will have an arc were he goes to space and stuff happens and the new Nova corps will be there.
>>
>>91473801

oh thank god
>>
File: mmhmm.png (357KB, 548x543px) Image search: [Google]
mmhmm.png
357KB, 548x543px
>>91468071
>>
>>91473377
>The problem with me is making them thieves or mercenaries since none of them were ever thieves and with the probable exception of Gamora none of them were mercenaries.

I don't think people would have as much of a problem with it if they'd at least tried to bridge the gap. Like okay, guarding the galaxy takes money. But last time we saw them they were fortunate enough that Knowhere was willing to host them. So have an issue, or at least a scene, where they go to Knowhere and try to set up shop, only for Cosmo to be like "boize moi comrades, Knowhere is beink under new management and is unable to host guardians of galaxy." So now they have to get a ship and bum around the galaxy taking jobs to stay afloat while also intervening in/bumbling into all the whacky threatening shit that happens in the galaxy. Yeah, it would need a bit more effort if you really wanted to sell it to the DnA readers, but they never even bothered to try.
>>
>>91461589
here let me try
""Best" Bendis "Moments""
>>
>>91461774
>Can you get it together?
>No. Why start now?
This could be legitimately good dialogue if it wasn't being Bendised. I wonder who mentioned it in passing to him in the hallway?
>>91461976
The first few bits of his comic were actually based on an earlier draft of the movie before Gunn came in and threw it all away. Bendis was butthurt about this.
There was a big drama thing before Fiege ripped Marvel Studios away from Ike about the Marvel Creative Committee being a bunch of retard shitters.
>>
>>91476734
>>
File: Best Corp Girl.png (767KB, 726x565px) Image search: [Google]
Best Corp Girl.png
767KB, 726x565px
Oh heck guys.
>>
File: Loki-out-loud.jpg (78KB, 500x763px) Image search: [Google]
Loki-out-loud.jpg
78KB, 500x763px
>>91469885
LMAO. Underrated post.

>>91461096
Don't fuck with me man, is this for real? If so this is great news
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.