[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there ever be a meaningful crossover between the Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Will there ever be a meaningful crossover between the Marvel films/TV shows/Netflix shows? I could honestly see Bernthal show up on Agents of SHIELD for an episode or two, or Luna might be part of a Ghost Rider Netflix show in the future.
>>
Nah and its for the best. Better to be like the comics for now and treat them all like different Levels.
>>
>>91457019
I guess, but I don't see the point of a "shared universe" if it's most just contained to their individual corners. Like would it really be so hard to have Stark make a joke about Daredevil when he's recruiting Peter in Civil War? Or to have some cast members from SHIELD as extras in Age of Ultron?
>>
>>91456965
No.

Primarily because of scheduling - your average tv show episode is scripted (from pre-existing ideas) about two weeks before it's finished and ready for broadcast, which is usually not much later. Some shows have an even faster turnaround.

So for a movie series to interact with a tv show, you need to know where the movie will be and where the tv show will be, plotwise, years in advance - unless you can get bit-players from the movies who a) cost a lot less per episode than big stars and b) aren't going to be killed off in the movies but are going to be big enough characters people will recognize them and including them is therefore worth the extra cost and effort.

Cost is also of course a factor. You can't get an a-list star for a tv show (except as archive footage, which is still costing you because that's how the rules work). There's no budget high enough. You can sometimes find people who were a-list, or people who were hired before they were a-list, but almost never an actual movie star.

>>91457168
>to have some cast members from SHIELD as extras

This is also an incredibly bad idea. When you put someone in a movie, because *you want them to be in your movie because of another role they've played*, you're giving them a reason to argue for more money. And if you want them - if you really give two shits about it at all - you'll pay that extra, and your budget will bloat and you won't be able to pay for that extra scene you wanted so you have to cut it.

>lines

Basically, this is down to Chekov's Gun. If it's in the script and it doesn't serve a real purpose, it's waste, so you cut it. Even if you cut it in editing after filming it - dead air is dead air.

Most people aren't going to know who the fuck Daredevil is, or care.

Then again if you have a show like Iron Fist which is just plain bad, you're drawing attention to it months or years later, which is counter-productive.
>>
>>91456965
At some point SHIELD will notice the Defenders, if they haven't already. At least make reference to how the presumed dead Danny Rand came back out of no where.
>>
>>91457168
They should honestly just make Stark Tower a fixture of Netflix New York.

It's been 4 series and we still haven't seen it.
>>
>>91460914
That erks me the most honestly, some guy photoshopped the tower into every shot where it would be visible on the Netflix shows (which was only like 6/7 shots by the way) and it looked great. Like honestly I don't know why they even hype up the "It's all connected" shit when it clearly isn't.
>>
Didn't they have Tom Holland act off Bernthal? What was that about?
>>
we'll only get crossover stuff when ike dies, it's as simple as that, and that's a big maybe

bernthal and d'onofrio are the only actors that are acclaimed in both film and tv.

frankly i'm surprised bernthal even agreed to do the punisher, because his star has been on a huge rise after he left the walking pleb (The Wolf of Wall Street, Fury. Sicario, The Accountant, Wind River, Baby Driver)

charlie cox would be fine as well, especially with little matt murdock helping heroes legally cameos, but the rest are mostly tv meme actors and i love the netflix stuff
>>
>>91461065
Holland and Bernthal were working on completely different movie coincidentally, and when they were auditioning actors for Spidey in Civil War, he used Bernthal as his scene partner for his audition tapes

Pretty smart on Holland's part actually, Bernthal is a good actor and when you are working opposite one, it makes your job look easier AND better. It's probably what helped him get the part
>>
File: 1IvWYrw.jpg (36KB, 480x679px) Image search: [Google]
1IvWYrw.jpg
36KB, 480x679px
>>91461065
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/exclusive-bernthal-holland-teamed-marvel-auditions-article-1.2560381

Apparently they actually did audition for their roles together, but in the end it was really Hemsworth that helped Holland nail the part
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.