[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 845663.jpg (45KB, 325x453px) Image search: [Google]
845663.jpg
45KB, 325x453px
Is this any good?
>>
>>91455724
It's amazing
>>
>>91455724
>Literally one of the best comic books ever written
>Is it any good
>>
>>91455724
I've only read up to a little bit after the cow race angle so far but it was fairly good.
>>
>>91455724
It's fantastic, read it in colour if you can find it but the black and white original still looks amazing
>>
>>91455724
It is a good adventure story. Not a masterpiece or anything like everyone led me to believe.
>>
>>91455724
Yes
>>
>>91456013
Well you gotta remember this started during the Ultra X-Treem 90's so at the time people were just happy Fone Bone didn't have pouches and a gun.
>>
>>91455724
Best way I know to explain it to people is that it's a combination of Ducktales and Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>91455724
It's terrific. A good example of self contained epic story in comics form.

Debate question: Which version is better? The single black and white edition or the nine colorized scholastic editions?
>>
>>91456888
There is a single, huge colored version too.
>>
>>91455724
It's perfect.
>>
>>91455724
Pretty damn good. Give it a read, but don't try to force your expectations on it. Just let the story do its thing.

>>91456929
I didn't even know about this. I have the nine colored versions and the huge black and white edition.
>>
>>91455724
No it's tumblr shit with forced "Muh empowered independent women" garbage.
>>
>>91455724
>One of the greatest comics ever made

>is it good?
>>
>>91455724
Basically the only good fantasy out there.
>>
File: 1490975107499.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1490975107499.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
>>91457107
I bet your the kind of person who thought Rey was a Mary sue.
>>
>>91457334
not other anon, but i-it's *you're
>>
Is Bone: Coda worth reading?
>>
>>91456888
I liked the coloured version just because I think it fits the overall tone better however certain parts of the story that take place at night or in the storm really work being in black and white. And I own the big coloured hardcover and it's one of the only times I've been glad to pay more for a product besides buying absolute preacher. The hardcover doesn't have any of the problems the black and white paperback had with the pages being slightly see through so as far as I'm concerned it's worth every penny.
>>
>>91457576
No really, it's fun but doesn't really add much. If you want to read a quick story about the bones and bartleby getting stuck then give it a try.
>>
File: pQTd1KP.png (800KB, 906x682px) Image search: [Google]
pQTd1KP.png
800KB, 906x682px
>>91456888
A lot of people don't realize this but there were some dialogue changes between the individual black and white releases and the one-volume omnibus release. For instance, in the original individual release of Ghost Circles there is a point where the cast emerges from the underground to find the Valley destroyed. Gran'ma Ben asks what caused the destruction, to which Thorn replies "A ghost circle". When asked for clarification, in the original release Thorn says "A ghost circle. An empty place where nothing can live.", but in the omnibus she says "A ghost circle. Briar has unwittingly released them onto the valley.". There's other dialogue changes here and there as well, such as Roque Ja saying "My name is Roque Ja, you simpletons" in the individual release instead of "My name is Roque Ja, not Rock Jaw".
>>
When there was a Bone storytime ages ago, someone described it as Mickey, Donald and Goofy go to Middle Earth, which is pretty accurate.

I vote for the colour editions. Read the original black and white as they came out, and then the colour when the full series was released in it. The colouring is great and better suits the mood.
>>
>>91458459
The b/w Omnibus was the first comic I ever bought myself.
>>
>>91455724
yes, it's great.
>>
>>91457334
Thorn's a good character because she's the protagonist who is WAY in over her head at times and often needs help from people to accomplish her goals.
Rey a shit Mary Sue who isn't challenged at all and can do everything perfectly
>>
>>91455724
More of a question:
Are RASL and Tuki good?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.