[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So like what does this actually mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 5-51.jpg (68KB, 510x286px) Image search: [Google]
5-51.jpg
68KB, 510x286px
So like what does this actually mean?
>>
It means stop remaking this thread as soon as the old one falls off, it's not a general ffs
>>
>>91453400

Muslim version of 1488 gas all jews
>>
>>91453400
>So like what does this actually mean?
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>91453588
>What did he mean by this?
Why do you ask?
>>
>>91453614
>Why do you ask?
What do you mean by this?
>>
can someone answer the question for curiosity sake? I looked at the last thread but it was all shitposting
>>
File: 1455582826871.jpg (31KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1455582826871.jpg
31KB, 403x403px
>>91453842
>Indonesian artist went to the demonstration against the current Jakarta Governor
>Got "inspired" by the demonstrations
>Decides to put that stuff in X-Men

Doesn't matter, he and all Indonesian artists won't be used anymore, anywhere.
>>
>>91453842
Okay, fine
The artist is indonesian, they have a christian guy in the governement that they don't want at the head of their mostly muslim country
People have been using the particular quran verse mentioned on the shirt as a slogan against him, and the artist decided to cameo his political ideology into the book
Unfortunately that means he literally wrote "DON'T TRUST CHRISTIANS OR JEWS" into the book because that's what the verse says, which didn't really go well with anyone
>>
>>91453842
Are you the same person who keep asking the same question every thread? I'm really starting to think that you are just a troll.

And mods, ban these threads already.
>>
>>91453970
No, don't! We need to get a bingo before they do that
>>
>>91453796
>What do you mean by this?
Is that a rhetorical question?
>>
Has the digital version been altered yet?
>>
>>91453842
>I looked at the last thread but it was all shitposting
No you didn't. Otherwise you won't need to make this thread because it's been thoroughly answered there

Also mods delete this thread pls
>>
>>91453400
>5:51
less than ten minutes til' Allah akbar
>>
>https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/10/ardian-syaf-x-men-gold-controversy-career-now-good-bye-may-god-bless/
> “My Career Is Over Now,” “Good Bye, May God Bless You All”
Goodbye, Sweet Prince.

I hate muslims, but I like some good trolling
I feel conflicted
>>
>>91453926
You forgot the part where he tried to bullshit on Twitter yesterday that it means his "love" for his religion and that he was pretty much dead in the industry now.
>>
File: 5.51 alternate translations.jpg (149KB, 767x548px) Image search: [Google]
5.51 alternate translations.jpg
149KB, 767x548px
>>91453400
>>91453842
"QS 5:51" means "Qur'an surah 5:51". Qur'an is the holy book of muslims, and surah is the term that's used of the chapters of that book. Surah 5, verse 51 says that muslims should not take Christians or jews as "awliya" (plural form of the word "wali", which has a wikipedia article if you want to research it further). The word can mean friends, protectors, guardians, helpers or allies.

There were recently protests against a Christian governor in Indonesia (which is a muslim-majority country). The controversy revolved around this specific verse; some muslims argued that a Christian man can't be accepted as leader due to that verse. The governor commented on this argument, but this caused rioting and blasphemy accusations.

The artist for that Marvel book happened to be an Indonesian muslim who sympathized with the protestors, and he wrote that verse citation into the comic for that reason. He also slipped into the comic the number "212" which is the name of the protest movement. He admitted in social media that yes, this was a deliberate political statement on his part, rather than some kind of funny coincidence.

It's possible to get away with talking shit about Christians these days, but the artist referenced a verse that mentioned jews in unfavorable light too, and jewish people tend to defend their community more fiercely. The comic he was drawing was written by a jewish guy too, so it looks like he kinda alienated his coworkers.
>>
We all know that he is fired, because he mocked jews. If he mocked whites, or christians, he would got scot free. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>91455396
>>91455407
talking shit about christians it's perfectly fine. literally they don't care but jews are different, they get completly offended, you can't just get away with any kind of insult against jews
>>
>>91455483
I really hope that they won't assassinate Syaf....
Guy's final statement has sounded, like he knew that they will come for him. Soon
>>
>>91455541
IMO it sounded more like he wants to culturally enrich someone with a truck.
People like him usually don't get assassinated, they just get their reputation ruined so they'll end up as an unemployable outcast.
>>
>>91455541
assassinate? nah brah that's not how they work, they just gonna ruin his life and make sure he never gets a job ever again in any major industry, Syaf probably gonna end working as a street vendor somewhere
>>
>>91455685
>>91455699
In that case.....
God bless our merciful overlords!
>>
>>91453400
It could have been worse. He could have hidden messages that are pro isis
>>
>>91453400
It means another week of spamming this topic before you get bored of it and move on
>>
>>91455846
you know i can totally see that happening if they hadn't spotted this sooner
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.