[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were any of these worth reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (77KB, 340x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 340x256px
Were any of these worth reading?
>>
>>91446507
Shade and Doom Patrol are
>>
>>91446507

They're all pretty good.

Shade the Changing Girl is probably the best
Doom Patrol is good too

I enjoyed Mother Panic and Cave Carson less.
>>
They're alright, Mother Panic is a little bland for now, and the last issue of Shade was bad in my opinion, Doom Patrol is pretty good, but i think that Cave Carson has been the most consistent series so far.
>>
Neat, good to hear it. Are there gonna be any other new series on this imprint?
>>
>>91447005
There's going to be a 4 issue mini for a minor New God named Bug done by Mike Allred
>>
>>91447091
Huh, this is cool. I'm reading Morrison's Animal Man right now and I'm getting similar vibes.
>>
>>91446507
Surprised that /co/ seems to like Shade, I had just assumed otherwise and I wasn't always around for YA threads, and the ones I was around for seemed pretty keen on Cave Carson. >>91446538 >>91446557
But yes, I mirror these sentiments. Doom Patrol and Shade.

Not a big fan of Cave Carson, but people do like it. Mother Panic seems to be the most tepid one.

Though, I've kinda fallen out of love with Doom Patrol. I'm not dropping the book, but I've become slightly more convinced that Gerard can't put his best work into both DP and Umbrella Academy.

Which reminds me, Umbrella Academy is supposed to still be happening, right? I just remember Gerard mentioning it on Twitter last year, and I guess Gabriel Ba must still be working on the art.
>>
>>91447091
Can someone explain to me what New Gods are in canon exactly?
>>
>>91447459
Literally DC's Asgardians.
But better because they aren't limited by existing classical mythology
>>
>>91447315
The twins have a lot of projects. They did two graphic novels one by themselves and one with Gaiman, still doing Cassanova which I think is ongoing right now. They're supposed to do at least one more Umbrella Academy mini and do a sequel to BPRD Vampire
>>
>>91447459
They exist in their own universe, meaning there's only one version of them. Each universe doesn't have it's own Darkseid
>>
>>91446507
Doom Patrol has been good, haven't been reading Shade or Mother Panic, and while Cave Carson itself is decent, it's Scioli's Superpowers backup comic that's the real star of that series
>>
I haven't been reading Doom Patrol or Shade because I haven't gotten the chance to read the originals yet and Mother Panic just didn't sound interesting to me, but I'm loving Cave Carson.
>>
>>91447681
Shade so far hasn’t connected that much to the older book. Doom Patrol on the other hand has a lot of references, although not to its detriment.
>>
>>91446507
Doom Patrol is fantastic the best cape comic going right now. The others are really good to, the imprint is the best thing DC has done in a while for me. For now I'd say it's:

Doom Patrol > Cave Carson > Mother Panic > Shade

Shade might would be higher but I really wasn't feeling the most recent issue. The art looked good but it's probably my least favorite Young Animal issue so far. The series also has weak backups.
>>
>>91447230
>hasn't finished Animal Man yet
You're in for a fucking treat.
>>
>>91448464
Honestly, the only thing I found Cave good for was the backups, and now that "Super Powers" is done, I might not continue to pick it up after the arc. The next backup does sound interesting though.

Shade is my favourite, but I do agree that the backups are lacking. I like them as art showcases, but they seem to plan on going back to that "Life with Honey" bit over and over.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.