[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The future of the Avatar Franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 49

File: 123451234567.jpg (128KB, 1139x701px) Image search: [Google]
123451234567.jpg
128KB, 1139x701px
>Avatar:The Last Airbender was a masterpiece and easily one of if not the best animated Cartoon ever created(Yeah including Japanese Cartoons).

>The Legend Of Korra it's sequel,was a mess of bilibical proportions.

>The Avatar The Last Airbender Comics are Fanfiction Tier and the soon to come The Legend Of Korra Comics will most likely feel the same.

Now then, Avatar is still a pretty popular and marketable franchise for it to die just like that,so some sort of continuation or Reboot will obviously happen in the future.

The question is, will Nickelodeon be the one making it again? Or could someone more competent like Netflix be able to revive the franchise.
>>
If Bryke are the head writers again, then I don't care.
>>
>Avatar:The Last Airbender was a masterpiece
>Ends with the hero not really having to make a hard choice and just pulling something out of his ass at the last minute

No.
>>
>>91445732
>Ends with the hero not really having to make a hard choice and just pulling something out of his ass at the last minute
Yeah even as a kid i thought the turtle coming out of nowhere was a bit bullshit but it didn't damaged the ending that much
>>
>>91445732
If that dilemma was built up more throughout the series then that would be a major flaw, but because it was thrown in last minute it didn't bother me that much. It's not like Aang's dilemma was the central conflict of the narrative.
>>
>>91445684
>>Avatar:The Last Airbender was a masterpiece and easily one of if not the best animated Cartoon ever created(Yeah including Japanese Cartoons).
No. Not even close. It doesn't in any way reach the pinnacle of animation as a medium.
>>
>>91445847
Was it ever explained why Aang wasn't worried at all from killing Ozai when the invasion to the Fire nation happened? What was he expecting to happen? Only when Zuko tells him about that detail near the very end he freaks out.
>>
>>91445847

I thought it was introduced fairly early on that he was staunchly against killing due to the culture of the wind tribe and that it came to bite him in the ass more than once.
>>
>>91445860

It managed to beat The Sponge for a Kid's Choice Award that one time.

But then they ruined that reputation when they used the KCAs to promote The Last Airbender...
>>
>>91445684
If they do make another Avatar I really want it to be about an Avatar who turns out to be an evil monster and an underground resistance of benders and non-benders coming together to stop them. Korra left them in the perfect position to do an evil Avatar by having her eliminate the entire lineage, effectively leaving her successor with only her for guidance.
>>
>>91445906
>Was it ever explained why Aang wasn't worried at all from killing Ozai when the invasion to the Fire nation happened?
No it wasn't, so the dilemma itself seems rather silly. One way to interpret it is that Aang was willing to kill the Firelord if he needed to, but he chose to find a different way. I was fine with it honestly, but I think it could've been written a little tidier.

>>91445969
Yes, but not about killing Ozai.
>>
>>91446032
Don't know, Avatar is still a kids show and i doubt having the MC as a villain would be good. But its a great idea for a spin-off
>>
Depends on when it takes place.
>>
>>91446123
Who says the Avatar would have to be the MC?
>>
>>91446293
In our current time. Everyone uses Smartphones and want to take Selfies witht he Avatar
>>
>>91446327
Considering how many generations took place between tla and korra, If we continued the trend then it would take place somewhere around the 70s.
>>
>>91445847

It was, however, a central conflict of the finale itself and so hurts the finale, even if not the entire show.
>>
>>91446473
I agree. I still thought the finale was great overall though. Old Masters was a 10/10 episode.
>>
>>91445684
Jinora had a great design with so much wasted potential it hurts until today, same with Kai.
>>
>>91445718
You also have to throw the ones paying for said show into the equation. As bad as Korra was, Nickelodeon did fuck them near the end of the series, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that with the right support, the Brykes could pop out a decent show.

At least, that's what I tell myself.
>>
It will go on forever, maybe have another spin-off in ten/twenty years or so.

It'll be the animation equivalent of Star Wars.
>>
>>91446432
>the next Avatar is an Earthbender who owns a disco.
>he fights with dancing.
>his friends are his backup dancers.
>>
File: 1381035275182.jpg (2MB, 2430x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1381035275182.jpg
2MB, 2430x1620px
We all know the money is in a prequel. So lets be honest, where else would they land on if they already did the first avatar? How about the only other avatar to get so much backstory and air time? Kyoshi mofuckas! Lets hope they can cultivate the same magic as The last air bender for a Kyoshi saga.
>>
>>91446994
Doubt. Korra killed momentum and faith in the series, and, short of a bemenoth like Disney coming in and wanting to franchise it, it would never work.
There's no push in animation for that sort of thing. There's no behemoth of 2D. Japan is lots of little groups and the old 2D groups have fucked off, like Disney.
>>
>>91446937
>As bad as Korra was, Nickelodeon did fuck them near the end of the series
In terms of airing, sure, but that doesn't excuse the poor writing. It's pretty clear by this point that Mike and Bryan are not good writers, and without Ehasz, TLA would've sucked.
>>
>>91446032
>Korra left them in the perfect position to do an evil Avatar by having her eliminate the entire lineage, effectively leaving her successor with only her for guidance.
As opposed to Wan not getting the hang of this Avatar thing and the airbender after him being confused and volatile in the dawning of a new world versus one that is set in ways with support groups already in place in the form of nations firmly established - sure let's just blame Korra for more things and say she would be a terrible guide to the point where someone would deliberately be "evil."
>>
>>91447024

Earthbender that's into Disco?

You'd think they'd be more into Rock
>>
>>91447027
Or they could go the other way and explore some 'colonialism' story and there's more land than everyone thought there was.

Or I'd be fine with a story not centered on an Avatar. Maybe there's some firebender villain who has enough control fire to make it look like he manipulates the other elements as well and poses as the Avatar.

There's so much potential but that doesn't matter. It'll never be good again.
>>
File: zMB4FUnn9jWO.jpg (20KB, 339x239px) Image search: [Google]
zMB4FUnn9jWO.jpg
20KB, 339x239px
>>91447333
>>
File: 5976424217_df658de01d_o.jpg (902KB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
5976424217_df658de01d_o.jpg
902KB, 3648x2736px
>Amon was right about everything and addressed a serious problem in the world and right around a technology revolution to give non-bending masses true equality with benders.
>Surrounded by mystery until the last minute psychic bloodbending hacks and crap backstory.
>Didn't give himself a real scar.

Amon deserved his own series.
>>
>>91446658
>that season 2 deus-ex machina with her
why
>>
>>91445684
>Avatar:The Last Airbender was a masterpiece and easily one of if not the best animated Cartoon ever created(Yeah including Japanese Cartoons).

This title belongs to Star vs the Forces of Evil and it's not even completed yet. How old were you when Avatar came out?
>>
>>91447558
>Star vs
>Masterpiece
No. Just stop.
>>
>>91446293
In my fanfic it's Avatar with a samurai champloo aesthetic (basically urban and hip hop) and the tenzin of the show is basically a flower child straight outta the sixties.
>>
>>91447558
Pretty much. Avatar is a good show but Star Vs has it beat.
>>
just let it die.
>>
>>91447027
I do agree that a prequel would probably be the best option, but I propose a different idea.

focus on the 2nd avatar.
think about it. they would have to deal about no one even knowing what the avatar is, including the first reincarnation themself
also it could explore the creation of the 4 nations
>>
>>91447515
>>Amon was right about everything and addressed a serious problem in the world
I am at the point where I can't tell if people seriously believe this in these threads anymore. He doesn't work in the setting of Avatar as it is but he is a good character on a personal level against an character who defined their life by their bending abilities such as Korra due to her upbringing.
>>
>>91445684
I'm gonna need the source for that
>>
>>91447605
This.
>>
>>91446293
Marvel should buy the rights, and do in the current day and age.
>>
>>91447107
>and without Ehasz, TLA would've sucked.
True.
>>
>>91447515
>Amon was right about everything and addressed a serious problem

There is a whole episode in ATLA that says otherwise.
>>
>>91447558
>>91447601
>This title belongs to Star vs the Forces of EvilMy sides please be bait
>>
>>91447661
Anaxusart Tumblr/Rule 34
>>
>>91448065
Thanks bruh
>>
File: 1402898399049.png (92KB, 224x287px) Image search: [Google]
1402898399049.png
92KB, 224x287px
>>91445972
>That spoiler

We don't talk about that evil here.
>>
>>91447515
>Amon was right

Benders didn't start discriminating against non benders until his dumbass started attacking benders.
>>
I have idea about show set in futhure of avatar world. Everyone are in space and Earth is long forgotten due some spirits incedent. Now Earth is just a myth. Over the course of plot, protagonist finds Earth and it is just after end of Korra.
>>
>>91447515
>didn't give himself a real scar
YEEEEEES
I'm glad I'm not the only one mad about that
>>
>>91447558
This is the most retarded thing I've ever read.
>>
>>91446032
>Korra left them in the perfect position to do an evil Avatar by having her eliminate the entire lineage, effectively leaving her successor with only her for guidance.
Not to mention that the Air Nomads have started becoming what is, essentially, world police.
An Avatar without a purpose would be a dangerous thing.

I'd watch it if Ehasz works on it.
>>
>>91449159
What? Non-benders have been discriminated against all throughout ATLA and Korra, unless they held positions of power or were super strong.

Remember when that non-bending shop keeper got mugged by the mafia benders in front of everyone and nobody did anything till Korra showed up.

When the non-benders started defending themselves and Amon gave them the technology + training to be able to go toe-to-toe with the Benders, you know what the Benders did? Instead of being peaceful they chimped out, like always. It was always the benders starting wars since the beginning of time.
>>
>>91445684

>This is what ATLA fans actually believe
>>
>>91445803
It absolutely demolished the ending.
>>
>>91445847
But the conflict of actually defeating the Firelord was ALSO solved with a SECOND asspull.
>>
>>91445684
>The question is, will Nickelodeon be the one making it again?

More than likely. They were the ones who pushed for LoK to begin with. However, if it is Byrke who ultimately has the power to decide, then it's not going to happen. I'm fairly certain they said that they're done with Avatar.
>>
>>91449159
You don't need prejudice to exist for the inequality to be there. When one group has superpowers and the other group doesn't, the inequality is inherent.
>>
>>91452645
Aang not unlocking the Avatar State earlier on in season 3 was just a plot convenience. Otherwise he would've been too OP. I fully expected it to be fixed by some lucky bullshit in the final fight. It's hard to say how they else they could've resolved that after they wrote themselves into that corner.

Either way, Aang still needed to master the four elements and the Avatar State to defeat the Firelord, so it's not like he didn't put the work in to deserve that victory if you know what I mean. It's a plot convenience, but I can forgive it basically.
>>
>>91452573
>Remember when that non-bending shop keeper got mugged by the mafia benders in front of everyone and nobody did anything till Korra showed up.
Because they were the Mob, and this was a 1920's setting. Not because he could or couldn't bend.
>>
>>91452725
>Either way, Aang still needed to master the four elements and the Avatar State to defeat the Firelord
No? He would have kicked Ozai's ass with the Avatar State in episode one.
>>
>>91452727
The fact that he couldn't bend is what made him a defenseless target.
>>
>>91452727
The mobs targeted nothing, but non-benders. Amon and the leader even confirmed it after they got caught by the Equalists.
>>
>>91452741
>He would have kicked Ozai's ass with the Avatar State in episode one.
He had no control over it in episode one. The Avatar State gives him the power and knowledge of previous Avatars, but he had very limited capability of fully controlling and utilising that power. It's the whole reason why he didn't try that in 'The Avatar State.'
>>
>>91452727
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD6rhRs4mNk
>They target him because they were the mob.
>Not because he could or couldn't bend.
>Lightning Bolt Zolt made his fortune extorting and robbing Non-benders with his gang.
What mate?
>>
>>91452778
>The mobs targeted nothing, but non-benders.

That just seems stupid. Why limit yourself?
>>
>>91452823
Aang supposedly had to let go of Katara to gain control of the Avatar state. Yet his feelings and behavior towards her don't change at all.
>>
>>91452851
If more than two-thirds of the population were in wheelchairs and you were not, why would you go after the ones who could fight back?
>>
>>91452858
'let go of' does not mean that Aang isn't allowed to love her. It's merely the ability to control those desires and be able to detach yourself from them. Do you think the Dalai Lama does not love people?
>>
>>91445684
An Avatar series set in the future wouldn't be too boring. I'd imagine there would be more than just the four nations, Republica as a neutral state and that metalbendig city for instance.
>>
>>91452869

Well, being a big 'ol mobster that I am, because I'm likely still stronger or outnumber than the guy who can fight back. Their money is just as good as the cripples'.
>>
>>91452891
If you're going to bring up that plot point as core to Aang being able to win, then you need to actually follow up on the consequences. Have him forced to choose between doing something for Katara and doing something for the world.

Just like his no-killing dilemma, Aang just coasts along with all conflict moving out of his way.
>>
>>91452900
It's risk/reward. There is zero reason to go after higher-risk targets when there are WAY more targets that can't fight back.
>>
>>91452913
In this case, saving the world and being with Katara are not mutually exclusive. I do agree with what you're saying though; Aang does not sacrifice much throughout his journey and it is a criticism I have with the series.
>>
>>91447558
Bahahaha, oh anon, you're so funny...
>>
Let it go. It's over. It's not a living organism, it was a story and it's done.
>>
>>91452900
Despite being a big mobster, you'll make easier score and put more fear into the person you robbed so you don't get caught if you target them again.

If you run a big mob organization, going after targets who can defend them self can lead to trouble for your men. Risk + Reward
>>
>>91452922

In the most likely case though, the reward outweighs the risk. Just because someone can fight back doesn't mean they can fight back well. Especially when me and my two to four cohorts are better fighters, and have the psychological/intimidation edge in our favor.

Just because someone can fight back doesn't mean the will. Likewise, just because someone can bend doesn't mean they know how to use it in a combat scenario. Or would even have the balls to try and resort to using it as such. Bending or no, betas are all the same. It's complete idiocy to exclusively hustle non-benders when the majority of benders are likely just as easy.
>>
>>91453008
Never. I'll be bitter about Korra until I die and I will continue to dream of better sequel and prequel seasons.
>>
>>91453020
Non-Benders don't have the ability to fucking shock your ass to death with lightning, or remove the air from your lungs, or trap you underground preventing you from doing anything, or fucking blood control you.
>>
>>91452900
>>91453020
Man you're really dumb anon. I don't want to sound insulting but if you're this dense and incapable of understanding why a criminal (or anyone) would prefer to go after a weaker target over a stronger one with no notable difference in reward then there's just no hope.

I pray you never find yourself lost in the wild.
>Why should I only hunt deer? Bear meat is just as good, I'll go hunt one of those instead.
>>
>>91453020
Why would I go rob a man with an AR15 instead of the man who owns a butter knife?
>>
>>91453112
Hey, bear meat is good though.
>>
>>91446032
>Korra is just so fucking shit she drives her reincarnation evil

Makes sense honestly
>>
File: angry katara.gif (244KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
angry katara.gif
244KB, 500x396px
>>91445684
I mean, ATLA was overall very good (not a masterpiece), Book 2 however was something special. That was up there. Book 1 and 3 were just 'above average' good. Still very much worth your time, but not book 2.

>What next?
Well Korra destroyed both the past and present of the series. In the past, they basically had well animated midichlorians and spiritual shit (part of which remains unwritten to this day) which has really damaged the mythological and fantasy side of the setting. In the future, you've got the Republic city tech which advanced waayy too fast (because they needed non-benders to fight back but couldn't have guns) which has again stifled what they could do. And of course Korra herself.

What the world really needs is a universe reset at this point, Korra fucked up far too much to just have a prequel solve things.
>>
File: 1340743609160.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1340743609160.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
>>91445684
>Avatar will be good again once they reboot it in an avatar style cyberpunk or space opera style future setting
>>
>>91453281
I swear to god you cyberpunk fags will call for anything to be rebooted to just 'rainy Japanese neon city' just to get more ambient rain noises. Avatar tried higher tech, it didn't work because the settings skill is in medieval/early modern fantasy.
>>
>>91445972
>used the KCAs to promote The Last Airbender...

>>91448492
>We don't talk about that evil here.

w-what
>>
>>91452943
For someone who lost all his people and everyone he ever cared about, I think Aang might have suffered enough.
>>
>>91453294
>'rainy Japanese neon city'
nah, i want fun again when watching avatar. the Higher tech in korra was nice and creative up to the stupid mechas.
If they don't overdo it it could be something really nice. i would prefer a space opera though
Just imagine:
>a group of benders of all sorts travelling the solar system working as mercenaries, astroid miners, scientists, delivery guys
>you see how different planets are gradually being terraformed with the aid of various bending techniques
>we see how different planets and environments influence bending (for example firebenders are god tier on mercury, waterbenders rule the moon europa, metallbenders generally control the asteroid belt and are therefore once again the richest and most influential group)
>we get completely new revelations about the nature of the avatar universe (does the spirit realm only exist on earth? who created the earth in this universe?...)
>giant space lion turtles and elder gods
>Toph is still alive (she's now just a brain in a vat; metalbending her robotic body)
>the new avatar is in this setting literally useless (even more than korra) and he has to learn how to deal with that fact
>>
>>91453275
They could always do an alternate universe.

After Aang died you could have somebody who wasn't Korra pop into the world.

You could even redo Amon entire revolution with him being an energybender.
>>
>>91453453
A sequel series that retcons all of Korra? Sounds good to me. It'll never happen, but just imagine the reaction, especially if Mike and Bryan aren't involved. It would be glorious.
>>
>>91453484
>>91453453
Who owns the rights? Is it Nick?

They could do it without Bryke if that's the case
>>
File: solar system.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
solar system.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>91453409
>we see how different planets and environments influence bending (for example firebenders are god tier on mercury, waterbenders rule the moon europa, metallbenders generally control the asteroid belt and are therefore once again the richest and most influential group)

which benders will claim which territory /co/?
>>
>>91453498
Viacom owns the rights, so they can do whatever they want with the franchise. Which makes me question why they allowed Mike and Bryan to be the head writers of LOK in the first place.
>>
>>91445684
>quoting someone without posting a link to the source

OP is as usual a faggot.
>>
>>91445684
>>Avatar:The Last Airbender was a masterpiece and easily one of if not the best animated Cartoon ever created(Yeah including Japanese Cartoons).
No.
At its best it barely reach Bleach filler level.
>>
>Set a few avatars after Korra
>After Korra subsequent avatars have been less directly involved in politics and mostly out of the public eye, such that while most people know the avatar exists, no one is sure how many there have been since Korra and no one knows which tribe they're due an avatar from next
>First avatar born in republic city to non-bending parents
>A bit of a loner, mostly plays with imaginary friends eventually revealed to be the kid forms of past avatars

Hooray for autistic fan fiction.
>>
>>91453530
You're either
a) baiting
b) a contrarian, or
c) a genuine retard

Take your pick.
>>
>>91453409
Sounds like garbage.
>>
>>91453543
>revealed to be the kid forms of past avatars
What does this mean, exactly?
>>
>>Tfw no 3rd season with a lazy, wrestling earthbender avatar who just wants to travel

No quirky, bloodthirsty airbender girl who uses vaccuum suction airbending

No delicious brown shy, meak firebender who fires off combustion/fire from her mouth and juggles fire blades

No chilled out, sarcastic, smug waterbending boy who prefers to roast his opponents
>>
File: 1460433549575.gif (733KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460433549575.gif
733KB, 600x600px
>>91453608
This is what gets me about Avatar.

It's such a good universe.

But Korra fucking wrecked it. Such a waste.
>>
>>91453578
>What does this mean, exactly?

Nothing, it's just a shitty excuse for kid Aang to come back and reveal the MC's Avatar status.
>>
>>91453640
Sorry, I meant to express that I didn't understand the sentence.
>>
>>91453654
>MC is young, has 'imaginary' friends that the viewer can see but other characters can't, they are actually some of the avatar's past lives at the same age as the MC.
>>
>>91453684
Ah, okay.
Thank you, I'm not a native English speaker.
>>
>>91447333
Should be a firebender
Disco inferno
>>
>>91445684
>Based on East Asian themes
>No Badass Steppe Mongolian Villain/AntiHero
Why?
>>
Whatever happened to Ehasz?
>>
>>91453827
He was in Futurama, dunno what he is doing now.
>>
>>91453827
Long ago the 3 seasons lived together in harmony
Then everything changed when Mike and Bryan attacked
Only Ehasz, master of all storytelling elements could stop them
But when the Avatar Universe needed him most, he vanished...

He was the creative director of Riot games (developer behind League of Legends), for several years. I'm not sure if he's still doing that.
>>
>>91445684
The first thing was debunked, It was on Cartoon Dump for a reason.
>>
File: zuko-the-legend-of-korra-8.42.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
zuko-the-legend-of-korra-8.42.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
>Iroh breaks himself out of jail - described as a one man army
>Older Zuko does the same shitty punches and kicks he always did

I wanted to see older Zuko do some Roku level firebending shit, I understand he's old as fuck but come one, just one moment of badassery shouldn't be too much to ask.
>>
File: 1363875536571.png (178KB, 351x347px) Image search: [Google]
1363875536571.png
178KB, 351x347px
>>91447558
>How old were you when Avatar came out?
>>
>>91454547
Zuko was there only for fanservice, you shouldn't expect much.

His daughter being teased the whole show only speak a couple of lines was even more disappointing.
>>
>>91454678
She was such a cute, too.
>>
>>91454672
It feels like this artist does porn.
Do they do porn?
>>
>>91445684
Nick will be making it. But it's going to be a gag comedy series with no continuity, unless you count the occasional joke for long term fans. It's going to have whacky plots like the main character figuring out time bending so they can go back in time and challenge the other avatars to figure out who's the best avatar ever. They do this by having a nacho eating contest.
>>
>>91454726
>>91454726
Yout forgot
>It only will be 11 Min
>>
File: blacked.jpg (33KB, 439x462px) Image search: [Google]
blacked.jpg
33KB, 439x462px
what if nick let gendy tartakovsky make a new avatar cartoon
or even better, danny antonucci?
>>
File: laughing jameson.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
laughing jameson.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
>>91445684
Stop being 10.
>>
File: 1477607533366.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477607533366.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>91454547
At least they had the decency of showing him and giving him a bit of an epilogue, unlike a certain other member of the Gaang.
>>
>>91454678
>Zuko was there only for fanservice

Exactly, so why didn't they service my fan?
>>
>>91454761
>Gendy

Him I trust with any property, so. Considering how he handled Samurai Jack, which in terms of tone and setting isn't that different from Avatar, he'd probably do a good job.
>>
>>91454773
Can someone add "My feet hurt" and "Why can't I lightning bend?" to this please?
>>
>>91445732

To be fair he was still faced with it and was fighting for his life up until his breaking point. The show took the easy way out but that's really my only gripe with the finale and it's nowhere near as bad as LoK's missteps.
>>
>>91445684
>easily one of if not the best animated Cartoon ever created(Yeah including Japanese Cartoons).
I hate myself for getting a tiny, teensy bit peeved when I read that.
>>
>>91454772
Name other cartoon that is in its level then. I'll wait. And please don't embarrass yourself saying Samurai Jack
>>
>>91454868
Samurai Jack is much better than Avatar. But ok, some others cartoons that are also better than Avatar are BTAS, JLU, GLTA, SWCW. Of course, there are also many better comedy cartoons, but that's a different category. And if we bring in japanese anime, well, there's enough shows better than Avatar to fill an encyclopedia.
>>
>>91454954
>Samurai Jack is much better than Avatar.
Opinion discarded
>>
>>91454954
> if we bring in japanese anime, well, there's enough shows better than Avatar to fill an encyclopedia
Avatar is comparable to anime battle shounen which are pretty awful for the most part.
>>
>>91455038
So is Avatar.
>>
>>91455047
I wouldn't say that. Avatar may be like a Shounen form the West but is far better than Bleach, Hero Academia and other Anime.
>>
>>91455094
>Bleach
Yes
>Hero Academia
No
>>
>>91448033
What, you don't like the adventures of a Magic Cuck girl?
>>
>>91455161
>Hero Academia
Hero Academia is one of the most generic ongoing Manga. Filled with useless characters and copies of other works. The art is good tho
>>
>>91446032
Unfortunately they also made the Avatar and avatar of good. So the idea of an evil Avatar wouldn't be possible as long as Raava is attached which is a prerequisit for being the Avatar.
>>
>>91455417
Doesn't Korra (and future Avatars) have both Raava and Vaatu inside them?
>>
>>91455161
Hero Academia is barely average and starts out worse than that.
>>
File: 1407696628853.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1407696628853.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>91445684
>mfw there will never be a spirit who deems Humanity unworthy and wages a war on the Avatar and humans
>mfw you will never get a series with Iroh, his son, and the 100 year war
>mfw they will never revisit the past avatars and make a series of Yang Chen or Kyoshi
>mfw
>>
>>91453205
It's surprisingly bland, actually. If you want something gamey I'd go with some moose.
>>
>>91454954
What the fuck is GLTA?
>>
>>91455889
Green Lantern: The Animated Series
>>
>>91454954
>BTAS, JLU, GLTA, SWCW
>Better than Avatar
Maybe if you are a Comicfag. Avatar is a show that appeals to everyone
>>
File: 1412390810112.png (413KB, 691x470px) Image search: [Google]
1412390810112.png
413KB, 691x470px
>>91453409
>>we see how different planets and environments influence bending (for example firebenders are god tier on mercury, waterbenders rule the moon europa, metallbenders generally control the asteroid belt and are therefore once again the richest and most influential group)
>>for example firebenders are god tier on mercury

>fire without atmosphere

i know the setting is full of magical shit but come on
>>
>>91456059
Not really. I'm not a comicfag at all and I thought most of the superhero cartoons of the 90s were better than ATLA. ATLA is still really good though.
>>
>>91456133
>fire shooting out of magic peoples hands without any source of fueling it was ok
>shooting out of magic peoples hands without any source of oxygen isn't

no, but seriously i was thinking of them on an already somewhat terraformed mercury or atleast habitable colony
>>
>>91456187
>without any source of fueling
Is oxygen and chi not enough?
>>
>>91456187
>>shooting out of magic peoples hands without any source of oxygen isn't
An atmosphere is the thing that people credited Gyatso with being able to defeat the comet-enhanced firebenders since it could be manipulated.

Also you idea of an Avatar who is useless in this setting you are suggesting doesn't make sense given how you are giving an importance to bending, saying new worlds are being involved, and bringing up spirits/elder gods/lion turtles. This type of setting would ask for some balancing force.
And this tech to be able to tame another planet or mine an asteroid would be on the level of the mechs.
>>
>>91456187
>somewhat terraformed mercury
There are so many things wrong with that, I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>91456342
You can never expect the majority of cyberpunk fans to know anything about any kind of actual science, anon.
Their entire mindset is usually just "HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?"
>>
never post on /co/ but every time I lurk on here people are talking shit about Korra
why does everyone on here abhor it so much?
yesterday I finished rewatching the entire Last Airbender series and Legend of Korra and yeah I can see why some people might not like Korra as much but to call it "a mess of bilibical proportions" seems to really fucking overdo it
>>
>>91456422
i always love "actual science" discussions on fucking /co/. fucking /co/
>>
>>91456456
Book 2 of Korra is some of the worst television ive ever seen

Not exaggerating
>>
Avatar is incredibly overrated on this board. I watched every episode when it was on. It was good, but not the best animation ever. I wouldn't even put it in my top ten.
>>
>>91456579
that seems like a gross exaggeration anon
>>
>>91456585
What is your top ten, then?
Legitimately curious.

>>91456592
Not him, but it's true, can confirm.
>>
>>91456585
Exactly. I was around 18 when it came out and it was just meh. Decent animation but nothing groundbreaking. I watched it just to pass time and thought the series was just "ok".

Star Vs on the other hand is seriously underrated here (maybe because it's not finished) and is perhaps one of the best cartoons I've had the privilege to watch. And it's only getting better.
>>
>>91456638
look >>91447558
That joke isn't funny anymore
>>
>>91456654
I'm not him if that's what you're implying. Although he has a point to imply age is a factor in determining how good you are at observing good writing in animation.
>>
File: 1460916929835.jpg (43KB, 579x577px) Image search: [Google]
1460916929835.jpg
43KB, 579x577px
>>91456638
>I was around 18 when it came out and it was just meh.
>Star Vs
>And it's only getting better
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>91445684
>Netflix
That will depend entirely on actual people behind the reboot. Netlifx has TONS of originals which are various shades of garbage, as well as some rare good ones
>>
>>91456342
Why? It has a low surface gravity comparable to Mars, an internal dynamo which produces a magnetic field that shields against the sun, and lots of water from its polar craters.
>>
>>91456692
>And it's only getting better
And that's how I know you haven't watched it. Why bother rating or passing judgment on something you haven't watched? Does not make sense.
>>
File: Fire.png (45KB, 246x322px) Image search: [Google]
Fire.png
45KB, 246x322px
>There will never be a bending singularity where technology makes bending obsolete
>>
>>91456751
It's called our world, enjoy it.
>>
>>91456456
The writing was a lot worse than in ATLA. Simple as that. Book 1 was not that bad for the first half - it had some good action scenes, great music, interesting ideas and Amon was a fantastic villain. However, the love triangle was contrived and terrible, Korra was really annoying, and it completely shit the bed in the last few episodes with Amon's backstory, and failed to resolve or even deal with the central political conflict of benders vs non-benders that it promised in the first place.

Season 2 was a trainwreck, legitimately awful. Korra was a massive cunt in the first half, which showed she had not progressed at all from book 1. More contrived romance bullshit, and don't even get me started on how bad they fucked up the lore. Ending of book 2 was the worst asspull in the whole franchise, and that's really saying something.

Season 3 was actually okay. Not anything close to ATLA, but it is passable as like a B action movie. Plus it doesn't majorly fuck up the ending like the last two books. Su yin a shit though.

Season 4 started off pretty strong, Korra Alone is one of the highpoints of the series IMO, and the confrontation with Zaheer was badass. But that's where it stops. I thought Toph's character was handled very poorly, the mecha ending was dumb, and Kuvira's backstory was half-assed. There's not much else I can say about it really. Korrasami didn't actually bother me, but I thought the ending was a little much considering there wasn't a lot of build up to it, and was a weird note to end the series on.
>>
File: my final form.jpg (74KB, 639x633px) Image search: [Google]
my final form.jpg
74KB, 639x633px
what completely arbitrary bending techniques will they introduce in the next avatar series?
>>
File: liquid slam.jpg (65KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
liquid slam.jpg
65KB, 600x350px
>>91456889
I'd say fleshbending
>>
>>91456945
So, Phyrexia?
>>
>>91456889
>Fragture
>>
>>91456889
>Air
>Gravity
No. Among other things wrong with this chart.
>>
File: bender.jpg (7KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
bender.jpg
7KB, 270x187px
>>91456889
just good old fashioned bending. Not this fancy stuff
>>
>>91455456
Maybe. Vaatu being destroyed maybe they'll start to reemerge from Raava in a few thousand years.
>>
File: 1444172223301.png (175KB, 430x443px) Image search: [Google]
1444172223301.png
175KB, 430x443px
>>91445732
>Ends with the hero not really having to make a hard choice
he LITERALLY choses not to kill Ozai, as in: had the chance to do it without any bullshit, and choses not to (he could have redirected Ozai's lightning).

Just because he did not chose to kill, like for some reason you think he should, doesn't mean she didn't make a choice. And before you go "HURR DURR deus ex saved him".. It wasn't. Not only we all knew the avatar state was coming back, he got it back the exact same way he lost it.

>>91445803
The turtles literally change nothing in the show.
>>
>>91456889
>>91457045
I agree. In almost every other piece of fiction is generally agreed that Earth controls gravity.
>>
>>91456710
Just about all the cartoons are solid. And now they've got Mir doing Animation with Voltron which is being Showrun by a few Former Avatar folk.

I say they are in a fine position do to something if Nick felt like it.
>>
File: RCstatistics.png (30KB, 1088x652px) Image search: [Google]
RCstatistics.png
30KB, 1088x652px
>>91445684
Threadly reminder that Ozai was right.
>>
File: file.jpg (176KB, 1264x948px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
176KB, 1264x948px
>>91456609
Animated Series?

In no particular order
Batman the Animated Series
The Boondocks
Spectacular Spider-man
Justice League Unlimited
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
Lupin The Third (First Series)
The Simpsons
Digimon Tamers
Superman (1940s Fleischer)
Yu Yu Hakusho

I'd fit in old Looney Tunes somewhere but those were more shorts than one show.
>>
>>91456456

Hard to say. Korra is literally just more of the same, and there's not much of a drop in quality. I watched both series back to back the first time and I enjoyed season 3 of Korra the most of all. How /co/ has convinced themselves Avatar is the best thing ever and Korra is the worst thing ever is something I'll never understand. It's also just here. Everywhere else I go Korra is considered a great show with some flaws like the love triangle stuff and weak first half of season 2.
>>
>>91457318
It's really only fair to compare shows with a plot, not over-arching shows with episodic stuff.
Otherwise, you're not really comparing the same thing other than "lmao cartoons"
>>
>>91457325
Its best not to ask. I still like Korra better overall as a character. Its a Superhero trying to prove they've a purpose in a world that thinks they don't need them.
>>
>>91457325
>How /co/ has convinced themselves Avatar is the best thing ever and Korra is the worst thing ever is something I'll never understand.
Hey now, I've only been on /co/ for a couple of years, and I really didn't like Korra when it was airing.
>>
>>91457358
people think I'm crazy but I like Korra more than Aang and TLoK as much as TLA
I even watched both of them back to back recently just to make sure and I still feel the same way

TLoK gets too much undeserved shit, there are valid criticisms but people calling it one of the worst shows they've ever seen make no sense

>this is the worst show I've ever seen
>better watch all 4 seasons of it
>>
>>91457471
I only watched one season and I saw it was hot garbage. Worse than Season 3 of Avatar.
>>
>>91457471
I hate Korra's personality type. Hot heads who never seem to learn are the worst types of character.
>>
>>91457514
then you didn't watch the whole show and only going on opinions.
>>
>>91457471
>>this is the worst show I've ever seen
>>better watch all 4 seasons of it
I hate this reasoning.
If I don't watch all of it, then I apparently have no right to criticize it, but if I watch it all, I either loved it or am an idiot.
Fuck you.
>>
>>91457471
I stuck around because I was huge fan of the original and I'm stubborn.

>>91457505
ATLA s3 gets too much shit, I understand why though.
>>
>>91457547
>If I don't watch all of it, then I apparently have no right to criticize it
where the fuck did I say that faggot
>>
>>91456579
i honestly think people are too harsh on korra on this board, season 1 perfectly solid, a decent follow up to TLAB

however season 2 is truly horrid
>>
>>91457645
I didn't say you did, but that's the reasoning people like you tend to use, even if you only said the inverse.
Again, fuck you.
>>
>>91457538
Wrong.

Even late into book three (when I dropped it), she makes the same mistakes. She's arrogant, prideful, and refuses to take advice.

How you refuse to see the obvious is baffling, unless you're a waifu fag.
>>
>>91457471
i used to think this way, but after analyzing the faults of Korra and rewatching TLA, i changed my mind

but i do agree korra gets too much shit, if it didnt have the avatard name attached to it wouldnt get even one quarter of all the hate it currently gets
>>
>>91457695
Not my fault you misread character motives. Possibly intentionally,
>>
>>91457325
>Everywhere else I go Korra is considered a great show
you have to go to other places then, because korra is universally panned, there´s a reason every season lost half the viewers
>>
>>91457807
And that reason is because nick never advertised it and most normies thought it was over after book 1.
>>
>>91457692
>let me project a personality onto you
>fuck you

gg bud
>>
>>91457807
Most people I know thought Korra was okay, but greatly preferred ATLA. I feel that that's probably the case for most.
>>
>>91457807

>universally panned
>174th highest rated show on imdb

"b-but imdb ratings mean NOTHING!!!!!111"
>>
>>91457838
>nick never advertised it
I wonder why.
>>
>>91457838
the first two season were advertised just fine and still lost half the viewers
>>
>>91457902
Second season was placed in a timeslot when literally everyone in their target demographic (high school kids) were busy. It was still continuously the most talked about cartoon on social media and part of the reason why they made it a streaming only show is because people only watched it online.
>>
>>91457946
i like this idea that nick spent a lot of money on something just to sabotage that thing and lost all that money just for the lulz
>>
>>91457887
>>174th
>>imdb

okey
>>
>>91458033
Nick is weird. Look at what they did with Danny Phantom's third season.
>>
>>91457807
only here. Everywhere else its know as being quite good to maybe not as good as Airbender.
>>
>>91458033
it was infighting and a company not knowing how to do digital. Which is odd since their online airing of the Book 1 finale was a lot better than the garbage system they used later.
>>
Why does it matter what the popular opinion is? It's a non-argument.
>>
>>91458214
Grasping at straws to justify an idea in their heads. Kinda like Amon which is probably why so many wanted him to succeed and make the Avatar world a more boring place with a hackneyed X-men argument.
>>
>>91456456
>>91457325
>>91457471
>>91457651
It's mostly because there's a group of haters who force their opinions on everyone in any avatar thread. They've existed since the series was first on, but after the finale they became extremely autistic. For all of 2015 there were daily threads just for them to circlejerk constantly the same exact things and pat each other on the back. They've tried to create an echo chamber of just their opinion.

>>91457807
>you have to go to other places then, because korra is universally panned,
Kek you are truly delusional man.

>there´s a reason every season lost half the viewers
Yes there is, and it's because Nickelodeon didn't advertise the show and moved it from the time slot it was succeeding in into a Friday night death slot.
>>
>>91445732
>>91445803

The show is full of stories where following what everyone is telling you to do isn't the right answer, and being open to not doing that allows you to find the right answer. The most obvious example is Zuko's whole arc, but there's also things like Sokka being a weirdo and studying with the all female dancers. The turtle is the culmination of that theme.
>>
>>91458152
execpt korras reddit i don´t know a place where korra´s regarded as good
>>
>>91458400
>Kek
go back to pol/
>>
>>91445684
Fuck off
>>
>>91458400
>delusional
a korrafag calling someone else delusional
>>
>>91455456
Maybe in 10k years, but they are not fused for any past avatars.
>>
>>91458768
>>Kek
>go back to pol/
That reasoning doesn't line up.

>>91458736
>actually going on reddit
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>91458886

Don't try to argue with Korra haters. They have already decided it's the worst thing ever and will not listen to any valid arguments.
>>
>>91458816
I like both series equally faggot. Both have problems, both have truly great stuff.

But if you think Korra was in any way, shape, or form "universally panned" then you're completely delusional.
>>
>>91458944
In that case, I shouldn't argue with Korra defenders, like yourself, who won't listen to valid arguments, either.
>>
>>91458944
>>91458995
It's been years guys. Both sides have already decided how they feel, and every argument has already been said/heard, so there's no point in debating anymore.
>>
>>91459206

Agreed. Best to let it rest.

Korra was trash by the way.
>>
>>91458988
>"universally panned"
those words really triggered you don´t you?
grow up
>>
File: Opal blush.jpg (42KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
Opal blush.jpg
42KB, 404x404px
How is this for an argument? Opal is the best Beifong.
>>
>>91459261

Saying a show with an 8.6 rating on imdb is "universally panned" is as stupid as saying the movie Casablanca is universally panned.
>>
>>91459250
Yeah, it was.
>>
>>91457325
>Everywhere else I go Korra is considered a great show
You do realize millions of people just stop watching it every esason, right? It was so bad it got pulled out of TV.
>>
File: S02 in a nutshell.png (60KB, 938x290px) Image search: [Google]
S02 in a nutshell.png
60KB, 938x290px
>>91457325
>some flaws
>>
>>91459394

Okay, so Unalaq wasn't the smartest guy. That's not a flaw with the show, but with him as a character.
>>
>>91459458
You're a very lazy gymnast.
>>
>>91459364
Nickelodeon fucked with the show which caused viewership to drop.
Nick hardly advertised the show and moved it from the time slot it was doing better in.

And season 3 they just rushed out the door after a leak which accounts for the further drop.
>>
File: 1452911233092.png (192KB, 510x292px) Image search: [Google]
1452911233092.png
192KB, 510x292px
>>91459458
>That's not a flaw with the show
Having retarded villains IS a flaw with the show.

By the way it's not just Unalaq-- everyone was retarded in S02. Literally every character did some stupid decision. And it's not just Unalaq that qualifies as retarded villain; Amon basically defeated himself, Zaheer wanted chaos for no fucking reason, and Kuvira decided to go inside a city to punch people (for no reason) when she could shoot from kilometers of distance
>>
>>91459458
>That's not a flaw with the show,
Yes, yes it is a flaw with the show. Season 2's plot crumbles with his actions working out just because. All of the characters in 2 are ridiculous and things just happen. And then the rest of the show with seasons 3 and 4 rely on these flaws to exist.
>>
>>91459526
>Nickelodeon fucked with the show which caused viewership to drop
Nick "fucking with the show" doesn't explain losing viewers DURING the show. It could explain why it started with less viewers from S01 to S02, for example, but not because people just decided to stop watching the show.
>>
>>91459261
They don't "trigger" me. They do make you look like a complete idiot however.
>>
>>91459293
dude chill, nobody cares
>>
>>91459579
korra lovers just can´t understand that, they need to believe everything was nicks fault
>>
>>91459526
Airbender had a weird schedule with season 3 and yet that garnered viewers, not lose them. And that was before social media became a big things and people could post on tumblr or twitter or whatever to tell others to watch a show or download it on iTunes and the like.
>>
>>91459602
>They don't "trigger" me
yes they do
>>
>>91459579
>Nick "fucking with the show" doesn't explain losing viewers DURING the show.
Basically every show "loses" viewers during the season. That is not unique to Korra.

The primary reason that the ratings were lower each season is a lack of advertising (particularly for Book 3, but also for Book 2. Especially since Book 2 started airing over a year later than the end of Book 1) and the change in timeslot.
>>
>>91459656
>Airbender had a weird schedule with season 3 and yet that garnered viewers
Because it had better advertising and more reruns.
>>
>>91459824
The primary reason is that people gave up on the show. This is a social media age where word of mouth is just as good if not better than television commercials.
>>
>>91459941
>Book Two: Spirits premiered with 2.6 million viewers. Suggested explanations for the reduced number of broadcast viewers were: the long period between seasons, a change in time slot (Friday evening instead of Saturday morning), the increased availability of digital download services, and generally reduced ratings for the Nickelodeon channel.[77]
>>
>>91460029
>Suggested explanations
But the primary reason is?
Those help for those kids who are not allowed to touch the television remote control. It was taken off of iTunes as well which helped bolster its digital sales in season 1. But let us also remember how, when in season 3 when they aired the show, viewership declined from one episode to the next on the Friday night slot when they aired two episodes back to back. Which can mean that no one paid attention to the "coming up next" part that appears as the show is airing, people immediately changed the channel without seeing what was next, or that people couldn't be bothered with even having the show on in the background as noise.
>>
Yet another good Avatar discussion turned into a legend of Korra argument. Shame.

Anyways, wouldn't it be cool if a sequel took place in a more modern world? I don't know how the story would go, but if anyone has watched Naruto, they do a similar thing with boruto, and it isn't that bad.
>>
>>91460157
>But let us also remember how, when in season 3 when they aired the show, viewership declined from one episode to the next on the Friday night slot when they aired two episodes back to back.

>Book Three: Change aired on short notice in June 2014 after Spanish-language versions of some episodes were leaked on the Internet.
>>
File: 1474315168540.jpg (102KB, 916x690px) Image search: [Google]
1474315168540.jpg
102KB, 916x690px
>>91445684
>was a mess of bilibical proportions
things retards on /co/ think fuck off you assblasted fool
>>
File: trash.jpg (16KB, 321x285px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
16KB, 321x285px
this thread is fucking pathetic
>>
>>91460636
It all started here >>91456456
All it takes is one.
>>
>>91460417
Cyberpunk avatar
>Neo Republic City
>Sato-Varrick corporate conglomorate
>Akira, Bladerunner and GiTS references
>synthwave soundtrack
>>
File: Jinora 8.jpg (68KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jinora 8.jpg
68KB, 768x768px
>>91445684

Full image please?
>>
>>91460679
I'm sorry anon
I just wanted a reason
I didn't mean for the thread to turn into this
>>
>>91459824
>every show "loses" viewers during the season
Not goddamn millions
>>
>>91460029
>premiered with
nice try. I should also add. that it lost 1 million during the first goddamn season.
>>
>>91460718
Have fun https://anaxusart.tumblr.com/post/159409830521/support-me-on-patreon
>>
File: K1430327258030.png (400KB, 402x463px) Image search: [Google]
K1430327258030.png
400KB, 402x463px
>>91460718
What would you do with it?
>>
>>91460751
Nah it's not your fault. It's everyone else that followed.
>>
>>91452573
Amon get of 4chan
>>
>>91460835
No, it most definitely is his fault.

>>91460751
Lurk moar.
It's not a joke, it's serious advice.
Fuck you.
>>
>>91460757
Yes goddamn millions.

>>
>>91460894
I've been on 4chan for 11 years
>>
>>91460993
But not /co/ for even a day.
>>
>>91460923
Anon, if your show lost millions of viewers during a season, you have an issue with your season. I could understand not getting more, but losing so many can literally be nothing else but a shitty season.
>>
>>91461012
>But not /co/ for even a day
wrong
Lurked on and off since 2010, just never post
and every time I lurk I see Avatar threads devolve into people shitting on Korra, most of the time for no described reason
>>
>>91454772
has anyone drawn Tenzin like that?
>>
>>91460835
>it's not your fault
It actually is, for having shit taste.
>>
>>91460799
Boooo!
>>
>>91461384
Did you click on the image?
>>
>>91445684
Show was garbage.
>>
>>91457294
Thats b/c Eskimos kill themselves
>>
>>91461059
>Anon, if your show lost millions of viewers during a season, you have an issue with your season.
Nope.

> I could understand not getting more, but losing so many can literally be nothing else but a shitty season.
No, it's just a very typical thing among most TV shows. Premieres and/or finales get the highest ratings typically, episodes in between vary.
>>
>>91460819
That was a weird comic
>>
>>91462226
download link?
>>
>>91462296
It's on panda
>>
>>91445732

>Missing the point

The whole idea was that aang was constantly relying on the tutelage of others to solve his problems, and learn new skills; to be a great Avatar, he needed to create or reintroduce something new of his own.

Or in laymans terms

>Where there's a will there's a way vs conventional methods
>>
>>91461888
>Premieres and/or finales get the highest ratings
Then why didn't it get the viewers back at the finale? it gradually lost viewers, it didn't "slip" a few episodes; it peaked a few episodes.
>>
>>91461588
Bullshit. Do you want me to show you the unemployment rates? the terrorist attacks? they are savages.
>>
>>91463176
>Then why didn't it get the viewers back at the finale?

It didn't gain them all back but it got most of them.
>>
I'd say it's probably one of the high points in American animation. It doesn't hit the places a Gibli film or Cowboy Bebop but I can see it fit well with them.
>>
>>91460799
looks terrible t b h
>>
>>91463464
>it got most of them
and that's why it got even lower numbers on the next season? at this point you're just trying to make excuses, man..
>>
>>91463464
>>91463581
I'm having a really hard time seeing things from your perspective. Somehow Nick Wanted to sabotage itself, made some shit that didn't affect at all the viewers mid-season, but losing those viewers is somehow NOT a fault of the show. I mean.. even you must know that LoK is far from perfect.
>>
>>91445684
Would you watch an avatar series about Yang Chen?
>>
>>91463581
>and that's why it got even lower numbers on the next season
You've already been told repeatedly why the viewership lowered, I'm not going to explain it to you again. I'm sorry if you're mentally incapable of retaining information.

>>91463639
>Somehow Nick Wanted to sabotage itself,
Yes. Networks do this all the time it's nothing unique to Nickelodeon.

>made some shit that didn't affect at all the viewers mid-season,

> but losing those viewers is somehow NOT a fault of the show
It's not. If it was the shows fault the viewership would be dropping far more drastically, and season 2 wouldn't have gained viewers back in its second half.

>even you must know that LoK is far from perfect.
Well of course it's not perfect, no show is. ATLA has plenty of issues too.
>>
>>91454547
>One man army.
Iroh literally could've ended the war had he conquered Ba Sing Se.

Or just solo'd his fucking brother. They didn't need Aang.
>>
>>91456638
When will this Star vs is the """"best show ever"""" meme end?

>>91459269
Pretty damn good argument anon
>>
>>91445684
With the last season being so shit, it's far, far, FAR from being the best cartoon. Korra never spewed anything as bad as that season.

Laughable OP, just laughable
>>
>>91459542
Amon was a good villain and Zaheer was literally an anarchist.

Anarchist want anarchy because they think its good.
>>
>>91447515
I always hated the idea of nonbenders. It never really seemed like a genetic thing, more of a skill that people learn and is based on their spirituality. Having them be muggles really ruined a lot of what made TLA great.
>>
>>91464023
Bollocks my good sir, absolute bollocks. Fire was far from perfect but it is still leagues ahead of any tripe that Korra shat out. Also, Fire below Spirits? The hell are you thinking man?
>>
>>91464109
It's always been a genetic thing. ATLA never outright stated it but it was quite obvious.
>>
>>91464100
But anarchy is babby tier philosophy.
>>
>>91464172
It doesn't stop people from following it or liking it or thinking its what's best for humanity.
>>
>>91464132
>Aang goes to school xD
>The evil characters go and have fun on the beach xD
Get the fuck out
>>
>>91464260
I considered Zaheer to be a bit more understanding than fedora/hippie.
>>
>>91464265
You can point out flaws with Fire all day long, nothing can convince me that it is below any book of Korra, which were fundamentally broken.
>>
>>91464265
The only book in AtLA that could be held worse off than TLoK is Book 1. Book 3 at best is equal to Korras top seasons, but not worse.
>>
>>91463815
- they got the viewers back!
- but didn't millions just stop watching it?
- b-but i explained why!

The point was that they didn't go back.

> If it was the shows fault the viewership would be dropping far more drastically
losing millions of viewers is quite drastic

>season 2 wouldn't have gained viewers back in its second half
no one is arguing that there wasn't 'peaks', but those peaks are exception to a show that is losing viewers overall.

..are you really arguing that S02 is good?
>>
File: Ikki upset.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Ikki upset.jpg
1B, 486x500px
ITT: a bunch of faggots who cannot appreciate true drawkino even if it hits them in the face
>>
>>91464100
1- Amon was basically 'daddy issues' with some stupidity at the end

2- Amon was a shit-tier anarchist. Everybody knows that natural =/= good. Rape and torture happens in nature, for example. But Zaheer for some reason did not make this easy connection. He thought that bringing people to chaos was 'the natural state', so it was 'good'. Honestly, even arguing that this kind of thing happens in real life doesn't mean it is smart or sign of a great villain. Some people eat shit in real life, does that mean that a villain that eats shit is a good villain?
>>
File: 1469219576182.png (247KB, 525x481px) Image search: [Google]
1469219576182.png
247KB, 525x481px
>>91464623
>posting worst daughter
>>
>>91464579
>- they got the viewers back!
>- but didn't millions just stop watching it?
>- b-but i explained why!
>The point was that they didn't go back.
I was never arguing that the show got all the viewers back, I said it got the viewers back relative to the season (excluding Season 3s abnormal circumstances)

>losing millions of viewers is quite drastic
Only if it's a continuous thing that happens over a very short period of time. Like if Book 2 started with 2.5 million viewers and ended with 0.8 million viewers.

That didn't happen with Korra.
>no one is arguing that there wasn't 'peaks', but those peaks are exception
Nope

> to a show that is losing viewers overall.
And as I've explained already, we know why overall the show lost viewers. Lack of advertising (especially factoring in the gap between Book 1 and Book 2), timeslot changes, and overall decreased viewership for Nickelodeon at the time.

>..are you really arguing that S02 is good?
Where in my post did I discuss quality? I solely referred to viewership numbers.
>>
>>91459269
she and her family ruined season 4
>>
>>91464623
I would rather fap to ikki than any other girl in Korra. Fight me.
>>
>>91462226
It got the job done, but it's certainly an ambitious undertaking.
>>
I'd prefer to just let the franchise lie. Not everything needs to or should go on forever.

We've got at least one classic show out of it. Let that be enough.
>>
File: frog2.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
frog2.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>91445684
>>
>>91464109
>this
>>91464163
I dont agree, it always seemed "mythological", like as if it was a spiritual thing like so many chinese myths...
>>
>>91463218
They southern water tribesmen are unemployed b/c the fire nation ravaged their country. Katara being the most deadly terrorist makes up for a nation of broken and peaceful people.
>>
>>91464163
This.
>>
>>91445684
Avatar and Korra belongs on /a/, ya fucknugget.
>>
>>91466428
>I dont agree, it always seemed "mythological", like as if it was a spiritual thing like so many chinese myths...
It is tied to spiritual things but it's still a genetic thing. Some people are born with bending and some aren't. ATLA never indicated that anyone could become a bender if they just tried hard enough.
>>
>>91466589
>b/c the fire nation ravaged their country
You mean: tried to make them civilized?
>>
>>91466929
Turning anyone that water bends into a greasy smear is a poor way to go about that.
>>
>>91457358
i been on /co/ less than a month and i hate LOK more than anybody here
>>
>>91467045
Bold claim.
>>
File: 1449687652421.png (261KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449687652421.png
261KB, 900x900px
>>91465062
>it got the viewers back relative to the season
if Part of the people that left get back to watch 1 episode, it's not 'getting them back'.

>Only if it's a continuous thing that happens over a very short period of time
literally every season

>we know why overall the show lost viewers
1- your assumption doesn't even make sense; ATLA even had some of those problems and still got good ratings. Most likely, people simply didn't like it. It's an explanation that makes far more sense considering the objective flaws the show had (lack of coherent storytelling, bland characters, failing to give fans the adventure they wanted)

2- you did not explain the loss DURING the show.

Why are you so butthurt by the simple explanation that people didn't like it?
>>
>>91457651
wrong there is never enough hate for LOK
>>
>>91466961
They imprisoned them for security reasons. They would give them back after finding the avatar.
>>
>>91464109
That's what George Lucas had the force be; something anyone can do if they put enough effort into it.

Then he made more movies and ruined the lore.
>>
>>91467323
>That's what George Lucas had the force be; something anyone can do if they put enough effort into it.
No he didn't.
>>
>>91467137
>if Part of the people that left get back to watch 1 episode, it's not 'getting them back'.
What are you saying here? Can you please rephrase.

>literally every season
Have you even looked at the ratings? It was never continuous over a short period of time outside of Book 3, but that is being a little unfair to it because it had no advertising and episodes 3-6 leaked.

>1- your assumption doesn't even make sense;
It does

>ATLA even had some of those problems and still got good ratings.
And like I said, ATLA had more reruns and better advertising.

>Most likely, people simply didn't like it.
Untrue, there is lots of evidence to the contrary. Critics loved the show, most fans loved the show.

>It's an explanation that makes far more sense considering the objective flaws the show had (lack of coherent storytelling, bland characters, failing to give fans the adventure they wanted)
Those are issues you personally have with the show. You'll find most people don't share your opinion.

>2- you did not explain the loss DURING the show
I did, it was a common seasonal thing for shows like I said.

When you look at Book 1 and Book 2 the ratings variable completely normal(within the context of the individual seasons themselves) for a TV show.

>Why are you so butthurt by the simple explanation that people didn't like it?
Why are you so butthurt that your explanation is not factual?
>>
File: 1491179550060.png (394KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
1491179550060.png
394KB, 640x476px
>>91467444

>Kasdan: The Force was available to anyone who could hook into it?

>Lucas: Yes, everybody can do it.

>Kasdan: Not just the Jedi?

>Lucas: It’s just the Jedi who take the time to do it.

>Marquand: They use it as a technique.

Lucas: Like yoga. If you want to take the time to do it, you can do it; but the ones that really want to do it are the ones who are into that kind of thing. Also like karate. Also another misconception is that Yoda teaches Jedi, but he is like a guru; he doesn’t go out and fight anybody.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/star-wars-prequels-return-of-the-jedi_n_3313793.html
>>
>>91467935
If it wasn't incorporated into the movies it doesn't matter.

ROTJ establishes that The Force is something genetic.
>>
>>91457749
Misread?

Please. She doesn't learn from anything she experiences. Each time you think she'll learn 'oh shit, maybe I shouldn't be so arrogant' she goes around and does dumb shit again.

You are blinded because you want to fuck her.
>>
>>91464100
you dont know what a anarchist is
>>
>>91453358

He was referring to The Last Airbender, the fact that they promoted it on the KCAs was the diarrhea icing on the shit cake.
>>
I think from now on it'll be a comics only series because people will buy them and they'll be cheaper to make. Nick's made it clear they don't have room for shows like Avatar in their lineup.

IMO the ideal would be them selling the franchise to Netflix but Viacom burned that bridge a long time ago.
>>
File: Don't-know-how-to-read.gif (1MB, 238x360px) Image search: [Google]
Don't-know-how-to-read.gif
1MB, 238x360px
>>91467731
>What are you saying here? Can you please rephrase
Well, originally your argument was that "a good part of the people lost mid-season came back". I'm pointing out that, not only it was just a small part of the people, they only came back for one episode instead of sticking around. It's part of the reason as to why the next season starts with fewer people.

>Have you even looked at the ratings
Yes. Every season they lose a million, or close to a million. I'm considering "a season" as "a short period of time".

>It does
"people simply didn't like it" makes more sense

>ATLA had more reruns and better advertising
it had more reruns and advertising BECAUSE of the ratings

>Critics loved the show
when critics like IGN go "has lesbians, 10/10"... i doubt we should use them for anything.

>most fans loved the show
That's why they stop watching it? honestly, if you're a real fan you don't stop watching the show no matter how little Nick cares about it. If the person didn't even bother to look it up, he didn't like the show.

>Those are issues you personally have
See >>91459394 .The storytelling IS incoherent. About the characters, it's more fair to say 'most of them', however you cannot deny that their motivations are WAY off (Mako and Bolin are basically "let's follow the avatar because whatever"; Asami is helping the girl that stole her boyfriend for no reason, Tenzin had no reason to stick around..)

>common seasonal thing
It's not a 'common seasonal thing' to have your show going to shit with audience ratings unless your show is also going to shit (example of shows with 5-8 seasons, where the last seasons lose a lot of viewers. This is due to the show itself becoming bad and repetitive).

>calls explanation not factual
>says his explanation is
yeah, right..
>>
File: images.jpg (17KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 215x235px
>>91467129
My hate for LOK is unparalleled its literally the worst cartoon i have ever watch not anime but cartoon

3/10
>>
File: 1380714048968.png (101KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
1380714048968.png
101KB, 333x250px
I think its extremely important for our people to make a prequel about the genocide of the 6 million airbenders.
This should be mandatory watching for those evil fire nation citizens.
>>
File: 1485767551024.jpg (54KB, 310x432px) Image search: [Google]
1485767551024.jpg
54KB, 310x432px
>>91467045
>>91468343
Oh please.. you think you hate it more than me?

I am already at the level that i hate it so much that i don't even "hate" it anymore. It's just a void now where my taste buds used to be.
>>
File: rcstatistics3.png (20KB, 1095x805px) Image search: [Google]
rcstatistics3.png
20KB, 1095x805px
>>91468459
>genocide of the 6 million airbenders
First get your facts straight. The genocide did not happen.

But it should have.
>>
File: b80a5608f8b0c48a31691ba989c2c7b8.png (994KB, 1000x1016px) Image search: [Google]
b80a5608f8b0c48a31691ba989c2c7b8.png
994KB, 1000x1016px
>>91468512
i understand your pain brother
>>
can someone explain this meme to me >>91468856
>>
>>91468950
There is no "meme". Airbenders are hippies. What did you expect?

In S01 of LoK the their unemployment rate was literally 80%.
>>
>>91454547
>I wanted to see older Zuko do some Roku level firebending shit
Same here, senpai.

Just let him shoot a massive fucking lightning bolt the likes of which we've never seen before. That's all I needed. It doesn't even need to land, just make the bad guys shit their pants.
>>
Avatar was as close to a perfect series as they get and Korra was way better than people give it credit for.

Sue me.
>>
Does anyone else think the show actually has a pretty good chance of coming back in some form? I have a feeling Mike and Bryan are going to need a pretty decent break after dealing with Nick for that amount of time, but afterwards anything can happen.

Especially with shows like Samurai Jack being revived and enjoying a lot of success.
>>
>>91469216
>Sue me
You should be grateful shit taste is not illegal.
>>
>>9146900 go back to /pol/

how do you even have a high unemployment rate in what is essentially a first world country with no welfare state and a minimalist government have you even read basic economics
>>
>>91469518
>in what is essentially a first world country
kek. Crime is still a big problem in RC, and the city was literally destroyed twice; it's just not Earth Nation levels of shit because FN people are actually working and supporting the system.

>no welfare state
they literally gave Tenzin an island
>>
>>91468212
Let's just agree to disagree. We very obviously have completely different viewpoints and will never see eye to eye. This is just going in circles at this point.
>>
Its dead, Jim.

Korra and the movie tainted it forever to Nick, so unless someone buys the IP from them they're content to let it rot in the vault.
>>
>>91469803
I'm not trying to be annoying, really. I just think it is weird for a show with so many holes in it (c'mon, i could be here the entire day talking about issues with the plot) to be considered good for so many, and that the bad ratings are somehow completely unrelated to that. I DO know that some people really don't care about the plot, but to keep myself sane i try to believe they are a minority.
>>
>>91469678
They got lucky they don't have to deal with Tibet like China irl
>>
>>91469678
show me one instance of a high crime rate in a first world country that cannot be traced directly back to the government fucking with something they have no right to

then she me 3 examples of welfare in LOK
>>
>>91445732
>Wah why wasn't aang edgy like my favorite animu main characters???

Fuck off.
>>
>>91446032

>Next Avatar is set after Korra
>Weaponry develops to point which makes bending largely obsolete for warfare
>Cannons and rifles mean that benders lose traditional political and military power
>Clashes between benders and non benders become more violent
>In attempting to restore traditional order and balance, (Earth Avatar, remember) Avatar works to disarm and destroy new military technologies
>Leads to conflict with non benders who refuse to be disenfranchised and suffer under bender dominance
>New Avatar becomes upset and frustrated, especially as he becomes less relevant in face of new technologies
>Eventually begins forming bender movement to intern and oppress non-benders in later seasons
>Benders and non-benders unite to defeat Avatar in final season

That's how I would do it. I think it even makes sense. Imagine the Avatar's power against artillery and rifles. Imagine a bender against an actual bullet.
>>
>No SoL avatar series set in the modern day age

Why even go on living
>>
>>91474543
>modern day
>bending is a "primitive" combat where modern tech became the trend.

>firebending tanks and trying to air bender a fighter.

unless the writers create retarded powers,it might no happen.
>>
>>91470900
>show me one instance of a high crime rate in a first world country that cannot be traced directly back to the government fucking with something they have no right to
United States? Russia? North Korea?

Also, what does that have to do with crime in RC? there will literally be a comic about it. Toph said herself that she could not defeat crime in RC. Korra was in RC for, like, 15 minutes and saw a crime.
>>
File: 1443570099642.jpg (42KB, 599x461px) Image search: [Google]
1443570099642.jpg
42KB, 599x461px
>>91470900
>>
File: WTF.png (354KB, 796x679px) Image search: [Google]
WTF.png
354KB, 796x679px
>>91474530
>>91446032
you sound fucking retarded
>>
>>91474530
I think this would work if it involved a minor retcon with Raava or whatever. Would it be possible for different avatar spirits to disagree with the methods of this new Avatar?
>>
>>91474836
fuck off you fucks just want some edgy shit
>>
>>91474530
>Imagine a bender against an actual bullet.
Shit man you mean to tell me the bullet will only work if a non-bender is using it? Damn son, that's brutal and highly calculated that a tool will only work for a person who can't control an element with their body. Good thing no bender would ever get their hands on artillery and rifles, because that is something I don't want to imagine since your way makes the most sense.
>>
>>91474890
Obviously both benders and non-benders could use them, but the advantage would be null for the benders; metal-bending wouldn't work for shells and rounds which are too fast.

Throwing a fireball or iceshard is little compared to an artillery shell. Walls of stone or ice can be easily broken through. Airbenders will have a hard time deflecting bullets.
>>
>>91475035
how the fuck do you know
>>
>>91446937
Nickaelodeon fucked them near the end because their exceedingly expensive show was failing to get ratings, even online. Every failure with Legend of Korra can be traced back to Bryke.
>>
File: Shadowrun 3.jpg (3MB, 3968x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun 3.jpg
3MB, 3968x3056px
>>91453281
>>91453294
>>91453409
I for one, would like to see a shadowrun avatar series.
>Many of the spirits have learned to market their abilities, creating something half corporation, half cult around themselves.
>Weaponry is on par with bending. Each has benefits and drawbacks- bending doesn't require ammo, guns are faster and not chosen by bloodline. Most combat groups, from military and mercenary groups to gangs and the protagonists all have a mix of combat styles.
>Older institutions like governments and religious groups are feeling their power wane and are reacting in different ways. Some are cracking down hard on civil liberties, others are trying to ignore all the recent changes to society.
>Some hard line benders are advocating a "return the the good old days" as a code for bender supremacy.
>Airbending temples are trying to lead through example by teaching pacifism and spirituality. Its not working. By the time the series begins, most temples haven't had a new applicant in years.

Against the glowing lights of the city, a young sandbender enters the airbender temple, and accidentally destroys a truck carrying cabbages
>>
File: 1490301326487.jpg (293KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1490301326487.jpg
293KB, 700x1120px
>>91475334
>>
File: IMG_20170412_003431.jpg (251KB, 1704x1079px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170412_003431.jpg
251KB, 1704x1079px
Since that ER guy was mentioned and the fact that this thread might go down, who are the bottom left two people? He mentioned how all the people on this pic he bashed or will have similar glssses
>>
>>91453503
The Avatar will claim Uranus.
>>
>>91445732
>in the end the show bends over backwards to award the protagonist a completely unearned victory

ATLA and Korra are equally guilty of this, it's just more noticeable with Korra because they did it at the end of every season.
>>
If Korra's animation wasn't pretty no one would give a fuck about it
>>
>>91445684

Considering I know for a fact you haven't seen 1/10th of Japanese cartoons, you're not really in a spot to make that statement
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.