[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who did you side with, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13

File: marvel-civil-war-2.jpg (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-civil-war-2.jpg
422KB, 1920x1080px
Who did you side with, /co/?
>>
DC
>>
>>91444513
Why does Deadpool want to protect the future?
>>
Iron Man

Which is ironic since I sided with Cap in Civil War 1.
>>
>>91444513
However makes this non-canon later on.
>>
>>91444513
My wallet
>>
>>91444531
fpbp
>>
>>91444513
>reminder that without Carol's side Thanos would have killed everyone everywhere
>reminder that the not!Celestial almost fucked shit up
Just those two things really justify her side.
>>
>Dead pool, the man who killed everyone in the universe is on tony's side

How is this a war, again?
>>
>>91444513
What the fuck is Spidey and Cap doing on Carol's side?

Why is everyone such shitheads in this series?
>>
>>91444649
Its not a war, its a fight between two drunks and they dragged in everyone else
>>
>>91444553
Cable's in it?
>>
>>91444738
>implying wars hadn't been started for less
>>
File: tumblr_oo1cutmU9X1uwlmkuo1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo1cutmU9X1uwlmkuo1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1200x1845px
>>91444555
No the real irony is that Ironman's side is the opposite of what he was fighting for in the first Civil War.
>>
>>91444531
First post always the best post
>>91444513
Seriously though, I ignored this event as much as I could and out of the marvel titles I was pulling back then, only one actually tied into the event and it wasn't that bad, but CW2 was a shit event that was being written by a writer I have blacklisted so it was a non issue for me.
>>
>>91444555
why? his side was literally "muh rhodey, and profiling I guess but muh rhodey"
>>
>>91444513
The one that stopped Thanos from causing a bad end.
>>
>>91444662
Cap was manipulating everybody and Pete didn't do shit (thank god) he's just on the cover
>>
>>91444796
how is it ironic if he saw he was wrong the first time?
>>
>>91444513
On the one side that did watch Minority Report.
>>
>>91444513
My wallet.
>>
>>91444513
There was such a clear and easy middle ground.
>>"Disaster coming!"
>>"Oh shit! Better prepare for it! Safe than sorry!"
>>"Guy is gonna commit crime!"
>>"We should give him notice or monitor his actions. That way, we'll at least prevent anything from happening"

There's such a clear fucking middle ground. Course it's hilarious how everyone claims Tony was right when his side made no sense. Why did he attack the Traskileon? Shouldn't he be targeting Ulysesses? You could have had a great moment of "WOAH WOAH WOAH, we're not actually going to kill him, are we?"

Only Bendis could fuck that up.
>>
>>91445501
If Thanos had won, nobody would've had to read this shitty comic. That's a good end. Or at least a more interesting story.
>>
>>91444531
fpbp, I dropped marvel right before this
>>
>>91445660
That is exactly what Carol did, at least in the tie-ins. I don't know what Bendis did to make people think she was full retard in the main book.
>>
Ulysses
Ulysses
Scouring through all the plot devices
In search of a point
Flying into pure shite
>>
>>91444662
Strange joined Tony's side which made no fucking sense as Wanda (who wisely stayed neutral) said, sorcerers and witches deal in this precognition shit all the time.
>>
>>91444531
Oh Snap
>>
>>91445865
Arrest and detain someone indefinitely even though she had nothing on her. Bendis then pulled his usual "People who have a grudge against my heroes are villains" and turned that woman into a villain in Jessica Jones.
>>
>>91444513
This event was pure garbage. The bottom of the barrel of shitty marvel events starting around 2011. 95% of the 616 universe is now unreadable trash.
>>
File: IMG_1096.png (623KB, 1024x1301px)
IMG_1096.png
623KB, 1024x1301px
>>91444513
Depends on what the future is like.
>>
>>91446490
I saw some of those pages. Wasn't she only in for a couple hours? I'm pretty sure that according to TV shows the police can hold you on suspicion along for 48 hours, so even that isn't an actually bad thing.
>>
>>91444513
Carol was right but she was an absolute asshole and she could have reigned in the "UNDER ARREST" via Tony's suggestion. Tony was just NOT MUH RHODEY

So I am Team The Captain.
>>
File: aaa.jpg (38KB, 342x351px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
38KB, 342x351px
>>91444513
thought i saw something else there
>>
>>91446563
>Wasn't she only in for a couple hours?
If it's the woman I'm thinking about, Carol threatened her with indefinite detainment and then Tony's side showed up and Nightcrawler broke her out.
>>
Beta Ray Bill. Always Beta Ray Bill

>But he wasn't in the event at all

Exactly.
>>
>>91444553
They pay better.
>>
>>91446074
underrated
>>
>>91446688
So Carol's worst crime is threatening to do something that would be somewhat questionable?
>>
>>91446490
Wait she became a villain? How?
>>
>>91446929
Killing the hulk?

Got Rhodey killed & She Hulk comatoasted through her mega incompetence?

Shredded Due Process?

Shall I go on?
>>
>>91447028
Plus I imagine there's some sort of 4th amendment right violations that is inherit with viewing someone's future
>>
>>91447028
There is nothing not retarded about the Banner standoff
>Lets not cause a scene, but lets still bring EVERYONE to Banners front lawn to stress him out
>Everyone starts finishing each others sentences like they're a hivemind
>"Hes been experimenting on gamma cells!", Peter and Sam pretend to know what the fuck that implies
>Clint is the one to kill Banner
>Ulysses has the worst timing fucking ever, has another vision, and Carol cant wait 2 fucking seconds after getting Bruce fucking Banner killed to arrest a teenager for something he may or may not have done, made more retarded given that we never see Miles kill Steve
>Also hey! Miles is magically in two places for some reason
>>
>>91447028
>Killing the hulk?
That's on Clint's itchy trigger(bowstring?) finger. And Bendis. Mostly Bendis, but in universe it's sadly pinned on Clint.
>Got Rhodey killed
She didn't tie Rhodey up and throw him into a fight that was out of his weight class, he's the one who was stupid enough to go after Thanos.
>She Hulk comatoasted through her mega incompetence?
Again, Thanos. In a moment that would canonically have led to 95% of the heroes being killed and a post-apocalyptic future. One dead and one injured is a small price to pay.
>Shredded Due Process?
Aside from the one girl whom I've already addressed she never did anything like that.
>>91447070
Are international organizations subject to the US Constitution?
>>
Captain America and Blue Marvel both had the most reasonable positions in this whole conflict. Use Ulysses for intel on big threats while still respecting due proccess and not taking accusations of non-repeated offenders as the absolute truth.

>>91447282
She tried to detai Miles even thought Captain America, the guy who was going to be affected by his actions, seemed fine with letting him go.
>>
>>91444553
He already have the gags ready for the future, changing it would mean he need to rework his material.
>>
>>91444513
lol
>>
>>91446929
If by "somewhat questionable" you mean something that was actually a blatant and illegal abuse of authority based on poor evidence.

The whole Civil War 2 thing was retarded and I didn't bother to read it all, but from what I remember Carol wasn't wholly in the right. She wanted to treat Ulysses' visions as godsent prophecies and acted on them, no questions asked, despite not actually knowing how his visions work or what long term consequences would be. She was also really shit at handling them as well. Instead of doing the logical thing and saying "Hey Ulysses had a vision of something terrible, let's get some people to look into some stuff to see if they can figure out what's going on, maybe get an emergency response team on standby", it was always "HOLY SHIT, ULYSSES HAD A VISION, DEF-CON 1, EVERYBODY MOVE OUT, WE NEED TO OVERREACT AND MAKE THINGS WORSE ASAP".

Examples of this would be:
>carol's little future crime squad getting a warning about some bomber kid and instead of investigating calmly they break into his house and abuse and degrade him for something he hadn't even done yet
>deciding to waste her ambush opportunity on thanos with a fight instead of some trap
>detaining a woman for no reason and trying to scare her into confessing under duress
Best one here,
>getting a vision of the hulk murdering all the heroes and deciding to gather ALL THE HEROES TO PUT HIM ON THE SPOT TO CONFRONT HIM

I'm sure there are more.
>>
>>91444513
I don't like Carol much but she got Spiderman and Captain America.
>>
>>91447444
Oh shit never mind Carol is a Shit
I was wrong about >>91447464
>>
File: 20170410_220119.jpg (2MB, 1920x1704px)
20170410_220119.jpg
2MB, 1920x1704px
>>91446745
Remember when cosmic characters never got involved with stupid earth affairs like this? Richard Rider remembers.
>>
>>91444662
>>91447464
Because Tony has a bad habit of being wrong. This is the guy who made his own Thor, and recruited supervillains on his side. Not saying Carol was right, god no, but you cant blame the impulsive team pick
>>
>>91447444
>"Hey Ulysses had a vision of something terrible, let's get some people to look into some stuff to see if they can figure out what's going on, maybe get an emergency response team on standby"
That's pretty much what she did in all the books I read. Except for some things like natural disasters where they just went out and saved people.
>deciding to waste her ambush opportunity on thanos with a fight instead of some trap
How do you set up a trap for fucking Thanos? On short notice no less.
>>
>>91447496
How far Peter Quill has fallen...
>>
I sided with Tony because I'm not a fan of lady hitler
>>
>>91447613
>How do you set up a trap for fucking Thanos?

With a box, a stick, and a sign that says "Free Cosmic Cubes"
>>
>>91447496
>>91447700
I love how the Guardians has zero fucking reason to be there, yet Bendis felt the need to include them because the movie was popular. I think even Rocket pointed out how dumb it was
>>
>>91447613
Carol, and the rest of her little future nazis, went in guns blazing. Confronting the Hulk with an army of superheroes? Dragging a future bomber (supposedly) out of his home, tazing him and degrading him? Abusing her authority to bully a "suspect"? And yeah, deciding to slug it out with Thanos and thinking nothing will go wrong just because you got a bit of a jump on him. It's fucking Thanos, you think that they wouldn't have gotten enough help to come up something else if they had asked? And yes on short notice too.

Can you show more examples than that of her actually handling shit calmly and not like a total retard?
>>
>>91447753
Nah, the sign should read "Death Lap Dancing: One Night Only"
>>
until marvel figures out how to do actual crossover events with consistent events and storylines I'm not going to "pick a side." the titles are always going to make their own character look rational and distort the other side of the argument, regardless of whatever kind of canon there is.

Example: Civil War, She-Hulk was pro-registration and made the argument that the only people required to register would be ones who used their powers for serve the public, like police officers and whatnot. Totally reasonable to be pro-registration.

X-Men comics had the registration act hunting down pre-teen mutants who were just using their powers to get to school and forcing them to register. Totally reasonable to be anti-registration.

Like they didn't even bother to come up with a consistent version of the act for the writers to follow.

It's irritating beyond belief and makes online arguments even more stupid than the normal crazy-style stupid because people are literally going off their own facts and not bothering to read the other titles.
>>
>>91447770
I'm going to be honest and say I don't want to dig through my unorganized boxes to find issues from CW2, so you can have the win here. But off the top of my head you can check her solo, in which she was consistent with the other stuff I was reading at the time, and USAvengers for an example of how the universe would be worse off if she hadn't been doing what she did.
>>
>>91444513
But wasn't quill on carols side? like she literally called him for help and he said yea lets do this.
>>
>>91444513
The side that has Spider-Man on it.
>>
>>91445865
She also tried to arrest Luke Cage for a jailbreak he wasn't going to commit, only for her to cause it to begin with. Carol was also a fucking retard in this event.
>>
>>91447444
>carol's little future crime squad getting a warning about some bomber kid and instead of investigating calmly they break into his house and abuse and degrade him for something he hadn't even done yet
THat was a squad carol gave kamala that kamale never bothered to interact with and let them literally do whatever they wanted to the point she didn't even know they had a detention center. That was wholly kamala's fault. If she had paid a modicum of attention none of that would have happened
with, what 3 hours notice? they barely evacuated the base and placed decoys in that time
>detaining a woman for no reason and trying to scare her into confessing under duress
Her only crime
>getting a vision of the hulk murdering all the heroes and deciding to gather ALL THE HEROES TO PUT HIM ON THE SPOT TO CONFRONT HIM
Wasn't that everyones idea? Whatpisses me off about that scene is bendis revived the gamma therapist and didnt bring cho along and just have a sitdown with the 5 of them to see what the fuck was going on
>>
>>91447444
>People defend Carol's prosecution of thoughtcrimes
hate 1984 for being shit, but the whole thoughtcrime idea was genius.
>>
>>91444513
Changing the future always leads to even worse shit happening.
>>
>>91444531
premier post meilleur post
>>
>>91444738
...World War 1?
>>
>>91444513
Neither.
>>91444531
Or that.
>>
>>91444513
why come i dont see any x-men in that picture?
>>
File: yolo swag.gif (997KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
yolo swag.gif
997KB, 350x197px
>>91444531
>>
whichever side kamala was on
>>
>>91452095
>Kamala fan
>Speculates as to which side she could have been on
>>
>>91444513
Captain Keikaku
That page where he got Tony to start drinking again through a single conversation was brilliant.
>>
>>91444531
/thread
>>
File: 1490820387713.png (345KB, 437x432px) Image search: [Google]
1490820387713.png
345KB, 437x432px
>>91444531
fpbp
>>
>>91447282
>Are international organizations subject to the US Constitution?
I can't see the US government allowing them to operate on US soil if they don't acknowledge it.
>>
File: sinestro laughs.jpg (84KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
sinestro laughs.jpg
84KB, 500x295px
>>91444531
>>
>>91444513
Both sides were wrong
>>
>>91449371
The problem is that in tie in Carol was shown as trying to prevent that and not arrest people based only on vision but Bendis made her go full Minority Report. So again it was Bendis doing shit and ignoring other book with other writer trying to do damage control and clean up the mess.
>>
Carol did nothing wrong.
>>
>>91444513

Couldn't decide, which is why I love it. Sometimes in life, there's no perfect answer.
>>
>>91447753
"Mistress Death Nude Hot Pics Here"
>>
>>91452924
Carol did nothing right
>>
>>91444513
Which side has less assholes? Or which is at least the lesser evil?
>>
>>91446667
The true hero of Civil War
>>
>>91444555
>Iron Man
>Which is ironic since I sided with Cap in Civil War 1.
This is how marketing works on idiots.
>>
>>91444513
>"protect" the future
>by enabling criminals
Marvel is dead
>>
Would Superior Tony fared better ?
>>
>>91445572
He stated he doesnt think he was wrong and that he'd do it all over again.

>>91444796
Cw1=control the present
Cw2=dont control the future
No problem here.
>>
>>91444531
Came here to post this.
>>
>>91444513
Right is more like "Control the people"
>>
>>91444644
>reminder that without Carol's side Thanos would have killed everyone everywhere
That's a baseless assumption
>>
>>91445572
Did they retcon him wiping his own memory?
>>
>>91453972

I don't remember the issue, but someone posted scans here from some tie in where a character came from a future where Thanos had successfully attacked without being prevented, and it led to pretty much all current heroes dying.
>>
>>91447282
>That's on Clint's itchy trigger(bowstring?) finger. And Bendis. Mostly Bendis, but in universe it's sadly pinned on Clint.

Nope, the buck stops with Carl on that one: Let's go stress out the guy who becomes a literal world breaker when stressed.

She got another hero killed.

>She didn't tie Rhodey up and throw him into a fight that was out of his weight class, he's the one who was stupid enough to go after Thanos.

Carl brought friends & co workers who were C Listers at best. Medusa & Dazzler? Seriously?

>Again, Thanos. In a moment that would canonically have led to 95% of the heroes being killed and a post-apocalyptic future. One dead and one injured is a small price to pay.

Bullshit. Cap or Stark would have defeated Thanos with zero fatalities. Carl Danvers isn't fit for command.
>>
File: guess who was right.jpg (4MB, 3150x2370px) Image search: [Google]
guess who was right.jpg
4MB, 3150x2370px
>>91454008
U.S.Avengers #2.
>>
>>91454008
Thanos is a self defeating loser. He'd have found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. He always has & always will.
>>
>>91447848
>Example: Civil War, She-Hulk was pro-registration and made the argument that the only people required to register would be ones who used their powers for serve the public, like police officers and whatnot. Totally reasonable to be pro-registration.

Problem: That's an unconstitutional draft. The most brilliant legal would have been against it like she was against the Mutant Registration Act.
>>
>>91447282
>>Shredded Due Process?
>Aside from the one girl whom I've already addressed she never did anything like that.

Literal hearsay. How do you go to trial vs the word of a prophet? Hire a counter soothsayer?

"My client pleads not guilty your honor. Madame Webb claims he was going to go see a movie with his friends, not chainsaw up a bunch of nuns like Ulysses said is going to do."
>>
>>91454282
Good thing she wasn't using Ulysses visions as evidence?
>>
>>91454282

>"My client pleads not guilty your honor. Madame Webb claims he was going to go see a movie with his friends, not chainsaw up a bunch of nuns like Ulysses said is going to do."

This is why the world needs a She-Hulk TV show.
>>
>>91454208
How is it illegal to require people who publicly use their powers to fight crime without being actually empowered by thr law to register? They're illegal vigilantes.
>>
File: B9sjQa0IcAAZgxe.jpg (29KB, 599x439px)
B9sjQa0IcAAZgxe.jpg
29KB, 599x439px
>>91444531
fpbp
>>
>>91454369
They've been doing it for decades in the MCU.

Getting the government involved only made things worse. See Norman Osbourne.
>>
>>91454323
A first year law student with a severe speech impediment could that thrown out on probable cause.
>>
>>91444513
Neither, because it's a silly argument and simplified to the point of idiocy.
>>
File: AJ Lays Trap.jpg (30KB, 462x443px)
AJ Lays Trap.jpg
30KB, 462x443px
>>91444531
Ouch
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.