[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly, what do you think of him, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 2

File: jeffjohn.jpg (146KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
jeffjohn.jpg
146KB, 1280x853px
Honestly, what do you think of him, /co/?
>>
I met him once at comic con. Seemed cool. Like fucking crushed my puny baby hand when we shook
>>
>>91442261
If you filename didn't say the name, I'd have no idea who that was
>>
>>91442261

He is a egocentric idiot, and his role on DC beyond writing is pure cancer. He is a nice guy that is really flowed and pretty petty, his hairplugs worked prettyt well

His fans are just dumb ignorant casuals tho.
>>
Prime Johns (1999-2008) is fantastic, post-Prime Johns (2009-present, basically started after he left the Superbooks) is very hit and miss.
>>
>>91442261
captain on a sinking ship
>>
>>91442299
>thinking a DChad wouldn't have a firm handshake
>>
Nice guy, mediocre writer.
>>
>>91442261

Despite the meme he really is /ourguy/. He's a hardcore comic fan that got in by turning his dead sister into a superhero and working his way up.

You want a character to be relevant again? Give them to him. You want him to follow through on all his plot threads and promises? Clone him.
>>
>>91442561
Johnsfags are deluded
>>
I swear this man has never written a good book in his life. His Flash and Green Lantern are the clunkiest written pieces of shit and I have no idea how they're so praised
>>
>>91442716
JSA was good.

He has never done a GREAT story tho.
>>
>>91442261

I like him a lot. One of my favorite current working writers. I don't exactly blame him for the new 52. He seemed to be jerked around by editorial for most of Justice League. At least the first half. A lot of that was DiDio thinking he knew what DC fans REALLY wanted. Stupid fucker.

Anyway. On his own I think he likes making various ages and versions of characters gel, which is great.

As for him with the DCEU? I doubt they're giving him enough control to really countermand the bullshit Warner idiots are shoveling through. We still haven't seen a film start to finish follow with his ideas. We won't for another year or two at least.

At best, Flash is being delayed to be Flashpoint to reveal that THIS is the shit timeline. Because it's fucking shit.
>>
>>91442716

His Green Lantern era is one of my favorite things in comics. Come at me bro.

It helps that I already love Green Lantern and the whole space cop thing. One of the few books I want to go back to the start of the Silver Age with and read the whole thing.
>>
>>91442322
yeah he looks weird without a hat
>>
>>91442261
He used to be a good writer but it has become very clear these past few years that he used comics to get into film more than anything, I can't believe a comic book writer that claims to love comic books can go an entire year without writing any comics...
Also, he has a tendency to set things up but for the future but abandon projects before getting to them and he's only gotten worse as time went by and he became a big shot.

Also, Rebirth is bland and he's a tool for bringing back his buttbudies like Rucka and Waid or Humphries and rehashing old talent like Dixon on Bane.
>>
>>91442716
His Action Comics run was good
>>
>>91442782
His stupidity killed th flash movie. He fucked up badly, his Batman script was so bad that got rejected
>>
>>91442914

Not gonna lie, I loved the entire New Krypton era. It had flaws sure, but all four books involved were neat. I miss it man. I miss it.
>>
>>91442261
His balding was worse so I think he got a hair transplant.
>>
>>91442685
How? What did he say that wasn't true?
>>
>>91442974

He's never been great with Bats. That's just... yeah no shit.

I don't know what he did with a Flash film. Anything? Nothing? Is that just buttblasted rumor mill shit?
>>
>>91442974
>Baseless assumptions the post
>>
>>91442993
The fact that he's /ourguy/ and that he loves comics. Also that he makes characters relevant again. Sure, he does that sometimes, but it's not the standard.
>>
>>91442976
I feel like he really needed to stay on the books to see it through. I get choosing GL over it since he had built up so much and needed to do BN, but without his direction NK kind of floundered. Biggest problem though is that it was clearly cut short and the ending was rushed. Felt like we probably needed another set of diamonds and then a longer ending arc.
>>
>>91442261
To me he represents everything wrong with DC
someone fighting against the 90s and 2000s with silver age BS when the company is being kept afloat by character that didn't have their heyday in that era.
>>
>>91442261
He's a fag.
>>
>>91443098
>To me he represents everything wrong with DC
This
>>
>>91443050
So you're telling me that Geoff Johns does not like comics? How many times did your mum drop you on your head?
>>
>>91443005
Cyborg killed the flash movie, Johns pitched Cyborg and put him in the league movie, as years passed the jews realized they were tricked and killed the cyborg movie, cyborg was black so they had to put him somewhere and was pushed into the flash movie eventually killing that thing too. Johns is just a terrible suit and a bad consultant.
>>
>>91443132
there's nothing wrong with having several villainous husbandos
>>
>>91443098
I assume you mean the batman family of characters and yeah that's true but its been a long time
He should try and make other characters happen.
Movies are not his deal
He is no kevin fiege
>>
>>91443149
>So you're telling me that Geoff Johns does not like comics?

He only likes the comics that he liked as a kid.
>>
>>91443062

Diamonds?

Yeah, it was 100% cut short. The only book during it I didn't love was Superman with Mon-El. I liked it, but Robinson started off rusty, and he needed to hit the ground running on that.

And I don't know, I just liked the whole thing. Most people didn't, but I just dug it. I loved seeing Chris, I like Kara getting a good old fashioned status quo to play around with, I liked her having a Kryptonian friend too. I like the full expansive nuttery of that Superman family. Especially when Con was back too.
>>
>>91443149
He likes comics the same way people that watch the MCU and make youtube videos and read wikis on characters do.
>>
>>91443161
>le clickbait rumors
>>
>>91443161
WB put Cyborg on the leauge before Johns had any pull in the movies.

Or does your dad's uncle work for WB?
>>
He needs to go back to comics, seems like not much has changed on the films side.
>>
>>91443161

Dude, Cyborg was not Johns idea. That order came from higher up. They looked for their most focus group recognizable black character, realized it was Cyborg, and forced him on the League despite all logic. Johns entire MO as a writer is fusing era's. What part of Cyborg on the League fits how he writes? Including him destroys all Titans and JL history. It's not what Brightest Day was working towards either.

Sure he's putting a happy spin on it, but that's because that's literally his job, especially if he wants to continue to get work at DC, which he clearly does.
>>
>>91443211
The reading order was denoted by the diamonds on the covers. We got green ones, a crossover, then red ones and the finale crossover. Felt like there should have been a third set at least.

I remembered all the stuff that got mentioned like Daxam supposedly getting involved that just never happened. Kara chose a guild then there was no followup on it. World of Magic spread amounting to nothing. Just the logical extension of a lot of things didn't get explored enough for my liking. It's very frustrating to me to think about what we didn't get even though I enjoyed most of it as it was coming out.
>>
>>91443257

Because every film was already well under way when he got promoted up. And I doubt he has enough say to fully control Snyder. If JL under performs than Johns might start getting some pull, until then, he's probably there to try to get comic nerds like us to shut up. The studio will say it failed despite Johns influence, no matter how minimal that is.
>>
>>91443227
>WB put Cyborg on the leauge before Johns had any pull in the movies.
He has said HE put him, and he was CCO already.
The miller movie had other JL, he, the minute h becam CCO pushed for cyborg, and we all know why he did it.

HIM, in his own words said he pitched cyborg and that he put him in th league for diversity reasons
>>
>>91443349
So he's literally not doing anything at the moment? what a piece of shit.
>>
>>91443326

Ah. Yeah I knew we were using the diamond system again. I just... never noticed the color thing I guess.

I agree totally. It needed at least one to two more acts. I'm not sure Johns could have saved it. I guess having is name on one of the big books would have helped. I think Robinson was too stilted. Probably having Superman act as Kal-El and frowning as part of the New Krypton military for so long hurt too. They needed a way to have uhm... Superman... in the story too.
>>
>>91443199

That doesn't make alot of sense, most people into comics like the ones they liked as a kid... and it wouldn't be a bad thing anyways...

obv this is bait or you're just borderline retarded.
>>
>>91443436
>most people into comics like the ones they liked as a kid..
These people are manchildren.
>>
>>91443381
Sure he put him on for diversity reasons, but the post said that Johns personally pitched for Cyborg to be on the movie League.

It wasn't Johns' fault that WB don't know what to do with Cyborg
>>
>>91443468
But it was his fault for pushing Cyborg to protect Hal Jordan
>>
>>91443349

His influence is probably very very minimal he's like an advisor that might get asked "does this make sense?", "is this right?" every so often... but its not like Johns is on set every day overseeing the goddamn movies
>>
>>91443199
>>91443436

This may be... sort of true. The thing is, to hear him tell it hew grew up reading in the late 80s to 90s. BUT, he apparently also had a shit ton of old stuff because of an uncle or such first. So essentially, he likes what he read as a kid, but he happened to have read a ton of eras as a kid growing up.
>>
>>91443465

not ONLY those ones... but do you just hate the shit you enjoyed as a kid to be some sort of edgy contrarian?
>>
>>91443497

I forget his newest title after BvS, but he did get some kind of "promotion" when that failed to meet expectations. He seems to have a bit more control now, but the course is set and so many wheels are in motion, I don't see how one guy warning about oncoming traffic can steer this bus now. Like I said, I think Flashpointing up Flash is the only real trick he can pull to imbue some semblance of quality to this film universe. Otherwise he's left trying to make future films less shitty on a foundation of quickly eroding sand.
>>
>>91442261
He is DC's Dan Slott.
>>
>>91443540
Thing is Johns didnt read wonder woman until 2014 when he was working as a consultant and writer of the movie, Johns love money and influence more than comics. He is a manchild.
>>
>>91443540
You don't have to hate it, you can look upon it with nostalgia. But saying some shit you read as a 7 year old remains your favorite ever is just as childish as hating everything you loved as a kid just to be a contrarian faggot. You fully form a personality in your 20s, your favorites should have a deep meaning to you, perhaps even changed the way you look at something, even the medium itself. The reason why comics are so looked down upon is because the writers still think some childish shit they read as an 8 year old is the best. Novel writers aren't like that. Film directors aren't like that. Only comic book writers cling to their childhood with such an autistic passion.
>>
>>91443637
wut.
>>
File: 1485408933601.gif (2MB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
1485408933601.gif
2MB, 400x310px
>>91442261
Ruined Green Lantern and Flash
>b-but Sinetro War
It was okay, but Hal had no fucking reason being brought back, he had one of the best storyline in capeshit, and Johns fucking ruined it with his blind fanboyism.
>>
>>91443746
He literally had only read some crossover issues of WW. He started reading after the pre-production started

I don't blame him tho
>>
>>91443825

Are you retarded? His death was rushed editorial horseshit. Sure Final Night helped, but it was still retarded.
>>
>>91443825
>he had one of the best storyline in capeshit

Don't be delusional. It was a rushed, last minute heel turn that made no logical sense and wasn't even necessary because the original plan was for Hal to retire and give up the ring anyway.
>>
>>91443825
Shut the fuck up retarded Kylefag.
>>
>>91443889
He died in Final Night.

Also go away heat
>>
>>91443889
Maybe it was rushed but, but it fucking worked in my opinion. Anyone who read the later half of volume 2 and volume 3 of GL could clearly see Hal growing disillusion with the guardians feeding into the inevitable end that was Emerald Twilight.
>>
>>91444027

The original plan had Hal becoming leader of the Corps with "new guy" becoming the 2814 Lantern, right? And it was Hal and Sinestro in a Corps civil war, right? I remember the story I heard having early echos of Sinestro Corps War.
>>
>>91442261

He has great and fun ideas but isn't always the best at executing them. He seems genuine so I can't hate the guy
>>
>>91444049

Dude all Lanterns are best Lanterns. I just love the entire story really. Even when it's shitty, I like GL stuff. But the death of Hal was very shittily done.

>>91444062

Sure, but not to that degree, not to other Lanterns like that. It was way too much, way too quick. I think the Rebirth retcons/new lore work wonderfully with what was going on then.
>>
>>91444031
The fucking corps was already fucking back, give me one good reason Hal had to come back? He's fucking story was done. Honestly John GL is everything I hate in capecomics.
>>
>>91444062
they were building up to him quitting the corps not going evil you dumb motherfucker
>>
>>91444115
Because the entire mythos of GL had to be gutted so you could get your retarded shonen-esque GL run. Since Rebirth is so focused on rehashing storylines, I'd love to see Emerald Twiligth done again but this time with Kyle just to see how you'd like it.
>>
>>91444115

Because his entire death arc was retarded, and the retcon worked well to introduce a new and cool idea into the GL mythos.

I'll fully give you that writers use the spectrum far too often now. But I think Green Lantern is stronger for it than without it.
>>
>>91443680

and because Geoff Johns isnt.... Alan Moore or Morrison or something that means he's not ....what do literary fags say... "pushing the artform" or something so he's worthless?

Believe it or not some comic readers dont enjoy reading dour super serious shit all the god damn time.
>>
>>91444070
No it wasn't. The storyline planned by Gerard Jones was fake Guardians (really Krona) usurping the Oans and putting Sinestro in charge of the GLC, which splits the Corps. And then leaving the GLs at the end and becoming a new superhero when it turns out that the Guardians murdered his father.

It was a jumbled mess.
>>
>>91443257
he's writing something this year
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.