[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FCBD Megg Mogg & Owl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: fcbd.jpg (588KB, 1860x2590px) Image search: [Google]
fcbd.jpg
588KB, 1860x2590px
Of all the comics I could spoil, this is what you get.
>>
I love these strips so much.
>>
T-minus how many days until WWJ dies?
>>
I always wondered why I find MM&O to be super charming, even though it's theoretically no better than all of the indieshits I think are tremendously overrated by the neckbeard hipsters. I think it's the fact that they're all handdrawn and colored, and the fact that the author clearly lived a life of whitetrash and is speaking from some place real with all the characters.
>>
>>91435787
>werewolf jones gets harrassed on twitter until he overdoses
pottery
>>
>>91435949
>and the fact that the author clearly lived a life of whitetrash and is speaking from some place real with all the characters.
he stated that the comic isnt based on his personal life but the stories a frined told him wich is wierd since its obviously so personal that there are 3 self insert characters
>>
>>91436087

I know Werewolf Jones is based on his friend's parents, but it sounded like he's lived pretty poor most of his life. Did he say that most of it wasn't personal for him?
>>
spend enough time going to diy shows in the usa and you meet a lot of people like the characters in MM&O and eventually be in those situations. i like it because of how real it is.

my favorite is of course the one about mogg's noise show.
>>
>>91435787
That was in Landscape. Is there more and is any of it new?
>>
>>91436407
There was only this page in the Fantagraphics FCBD comic coming out in a few weeks. It said "Featuring All-New Work By..." on the cover, so I figured this was new. It's just the one page.

They do have a paragraph about it saying it was in Landscape, but this is the first time in color.
>>
>>91435918
259 days.
>>
My copy of Landscape arrived today.
>tfw you're too stupid and missed out on Portrait
>>
>>91435949
> theoretically no better

What does this mean? You like the comic but you want to use some bizarre terminology to explain why you like it? Just be honest and say you like it, you don't have to turn your interests into an indie pissing contest.
>>
>>91436219
I read an interview where he says his mother was a drug addict and he was basically raised in abject poverty. He's got body dysphoria or whatever you call it. I think he's got a strong concept of what it means to be a drug addicted mentally ill person who gets excited about incredibly bullshit things like food cooked in an oven because he truly lived that life.
>>
>>91435949
For me, personally, it's mostly due to the fact that I've been around people exactly like WWJ, Megg, and Mogg. Maybe not exactly like in the strips, but the personalities and behaviors are eeriely similar; and I'm sure that resonates with others as well.

Of all the characters I relate to the most, it's Owl.
>>
>>91436219
i think i read the owl rape thing actually happenned to a friend
>>
>>91437228
New zine next week too. Don't fuck up this time.
>>
>>91435949
For me, it's just the absolute sense of helplessness and stasis. For MM&O, status quo isn't frustrating because it's part of the characters. There's a reason that the one big event - WWJ dying - stands out so much. It's because that's the one thing that can even come close to changing these guys. Owl, especially, is always trying to crawl out and even fully leaves at one point. But by the time WWJ dies, he's back. Just as they all come back. "One more year" never comes.
It's a lot of the same reasons why I love the first few seasons of Trailer Park Boys much more than the others. There's this overarching sense of complacency in every character interaction. They know they need a change, but at the same time they're just as satisfied to not move from where they've found their comfort. Scenes like where Megg breaks down crying after buying the bag of salad are the scenes where it really sets in just how stuck everyone is. No matter how fucked up shit gets, a new start is a dose away.
>>
I own the two Fantagraphics hardcovers and I'm blown away by how different they all are in the beginning. Like Owl is frequently just as bad as the others, a confirmed sex addict and alcoholic, and Werewolf Jones' antics are kind of fun and harmless. Then bam, by the next volume Owl is a completely tepid loser and Werewolf Jones is ten times as aggressive.

This isn't a complaint/critique, it's just interesting to see how the characters evolved.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.