[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that Guardians 2 is three weeks away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 19

Is this the least hyped Marvel movie ever?
>>
>3 weeks
Really?
Feels like the marketing has been subdued.
>>
I'm hyped. I think that Spider-Retards are getting overhyped for Spider-man's sucking Tony's dick instead though.

But yeah, I'm pumped for GOTG 2
>>
>>91433845
Hold on let me get the pasta
>>
>>91433990
The thing that kills that movie for me is that they added that fat Hawaiian kid for Peter to telegraph his thoughts to instead of having to direct it in a creative way so we didn't need Peter to literally say "I'm tired of him treating me like a kid!"
>>
>>91434053
b-buh muh witty banter
>>
We aren't allowed to be excited for Marvel Movies or acknowledge they were great after they come out, because if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit whereas the DCEU can make turd after turd but we're all expected to be unconditionally hyped for every new film that comes out.

If a new Marvel Movie isn't an “Avengers tier” pop culture defining revolution then they claim it was a dud, that "People aren't even talking about it", that "I don't even know anyone who cares Marvel movies anymore", that "the bubble has burst." Chastising it with increasingly brazen parroted criticisms that dubiously never go into any more specifics or detail than what can be gleamed from the trailers.

All those box office bucks and records broken don't matter either, because making more money isn’t proof of quality (“muh bayformers”), but when it comes to DC, "hey look at all the money BVS and SS made despite everyone claiming they were shit!"

And all the pop culture adoration for the MCU with everyone on social media, TV and the streets singing its praises doesn't count because popularity isn’t proof of quality (“muh ad populum”), but, by god, you better believe there’s a sales chart waiting to be posted at a moment’s notice detailing Halloween Costume, Hot Topic and Toy sales should anyone doubt the DCEU’s popularity.

As for those critic reviews and movie aggregate sites, don’t bother bringing them up because “Disney bribes everyone with Mouse Money” and Rotten Tomatoes (despite being owned by Warner Bros) is clear proof of this, but at least we can still count on the Oscars (with judges who don't even watch most the movies awarded) to recognize true greatness.

And should you ever wear one of these trolls down into admitting or even implying the MCU is better than the DCEU that doesn’t mean jack squat because DC still has better Batman cartoons, better Batman comics, better Batman video games and better Batman Lego sets than Marvel.
>>
Fucking Aussies.

There hasn't been anything new and the Thor trailer just dropped, so there's nothing worth to be hyped about. For me it's the movie I'm looking forward the most this year.
>>
You don't need to spend a fortune advertising a movie that's already going to make a fortune.
>>
>>91434185

Based Anon is Right. Keep fighting the good fight anon. Dropping Truth Bombs all day.
>>
How soon til post credits spill?
>>
Marvel knows how to market this shit.
Every film there's people that go, "WHERE'S THE HYPE?????" and then they're proven wrong and the movie gets gangbusters of money.
>>
>>91434185
>ecause if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit
This is where the pasta falls apart.
Wanting good movies=/=wanting 2OO1 A Space Odyssey.
>>
>>91433845

>Is this the least hyped Marvel movie ever?

Every single time I've seen the trailer in front of a movie the past few months the audience loses their shit over it. Laughing, clapping, even one time some sperg was quoting along with it.

>inb4 nice lie faggot

I wish I was. Every time it happens it's like I fell into one of those /tv/ pastas about theatre experiences. And this is in Australia of all places, where no one ever makes a noise watching a movie.
>>
>>91434512
Not really. CW was a good movie and people still bash it pretty hard.
>>
File: 1462768555556.jpg (6KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1462768555556.jpg
6KB, 227x222px
>>91434185
>all this autistic salt
>implying everyone who complains about them is a DCfag as well
I knew DCfags from /tv/ had autism but I didn't expect Marvelfags to be this mad when defending their flavor-of-the-month Disney products in face of criticism.
>>
>>91434679
>CW was a good movie
Parts of it. The airport fight was most certainly not good, if only for the ludicrous tonal shift.
And why was Ant-Man there?
I haven't seen Ant-Man in a while, but when I watched CW I remembered something from the ANt Man movie- I think he wasn't being Ant-Man because of his daughter or something?
>>
File: 1455436546.jpg (63KB, 960x908px) Image search: [Google]
1455436546.jpg
63KB, 960x908px
>>91434185
>waah why are you guys so mean
>just let me enjoy my kiddie flicks in peace
>e-everyone and the critics love them you guys are just a bunch of haters
>>
>>91434729
And now you're proving my point.

It certainly was an hyperbole, but people will shit or heavily diminish any Marvel movie unless it comes out perfect.
>>
>>91434771
>And now you're proving my point.
What?
I can't have a criticsm about an important chunk of the movie?
Fuck off, retard.

Go spam your Drax gifs.
>>
>>91434729

>I think he wasn't being Ant-Man because of his daughter or something?

They never implied he was going to stop being Ant-Man.

And yeah, the fact that he was almost literally trucked in from off-screen to join the fight was sketchy from a writing perspective, but what they did with him was so satisfying that I was willing to go along with it.
>>
File: slamt4stic-620x.jpg (106KB, 620x511px) Image search: [Google]
slamt4stic-620x.jpg
106KB, 620x511px
Would you prefer if they pulled a Fant4stic and sold pancakes
>>
>>91434795
>says that when the airport scene is regarded as one the best parts of the movie
>>
>>91434815
I swear there were bells that went off in my head.

OH yeah, wouldn't he go back to jail or something if he tried to be Ant Man again, as per the Cop boyfriend?
>>
File: 1489791617026.jpg (87KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1489791617026.jpg
87KB, 500x499px
>Guardians is 3 weeks away with nobody hyped for it
>Marvel decide to release the new Spider-Man trailer AND the new Thor trailer to steal hype away
Good one.

>>91434185
>Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece
>Stanley Kubrick
>Art house
>Masterpiece
Reddit is thataway -->
>>
>>91434847
Damn, you're just shilling your pasta's narrative. That's fine. I don't know why I except discussion on a discussion website.
>>
>>91434851

>OH yeah, wouldn't he go back to jail or something if he tried to be Ant Man again, as per the Cop boyfriend?

I don't think so, I think he just made peace with Bobby Cannavalle and that was the end of it.

But it's been a while since I rewatched Ant-Man, I could be mis-remembering.
>>
>>91434883
I'm not even the one who posted the pasta, but shitting in the airport scene is just dumb considering it was a pretty well done fight fanservice.
>>
File: 1469191234843.gif (239KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1469191234843.gif
239KB, 540x540px
>>91434679
>CW was a good movie
It wasn't the worst but it certainly wasn't good. It's a very dissapointing follow-up to Winter Soldier.
The airport fight that everyone memes about is just a symptom of the movie's general lackluster quality and tone.

>>91434185
>if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit
>being this dense
No one expects a "Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece" out of your soulless junk food superhero movies.
That's not the problem and you know it. Stop whining as if DCfags were oppressing you or something.
This has little to do with the stupid company wars you chose to believe in.
>>
File: 53543145.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
53543145.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
Heh. Marvel is finished.
>>
>>91434926
>but shitting in the airport scene is just dumb
Even your precious RLM didn't like that scene tho.
>>
>>91434973
And now you're just pointing boogeymen out of nowhere. I don't even know what RLM stands for.
>>
>>91434926

> but shitting in the airport scene is just dumb considering it was a pretty well done fight fanservice

Not him, but the argument that it's essentially a glorified aside that doesn't really fit with the rest of the film's narrative isn't without merit. You could pretty much cut that entire sequence out of the film from a script-writing standpoint.

I like that sequence but I'm not pretending it's perfect.

>>91434973

>Even your precious RLM didn't like that scene tho.

RLM didn't like the entire movie.
>>
>>91434815
>And yeah, the fact that he was almost literally trucked in from off-screen to join the fight was sketchy from a writing perspective, but what they did with him was so satisfying that I was willing to go along with it.
He was originally going to be on Stark's side. But that was before Antman was even released. Then the Rossos were told that Antman would not likely work for a Stark, so he switched sides.

That then caused the issue of Tony being outnumbered, which was solved by the involvement of both Black Panther and Spiderman. Otherwise it wasn't going to be a fair fight.
>>
>>91434883
>Damn, you're just shilling your pasta's narrative
you mean the TRUTH?!
>>
File: 2deep4u.png (97KB, 735x608px) Image search: [Google]
2deep4u.png
97KB, 735x608px
>>91434969
ftfy*
>>
>>91435026
see
>>91434960
Stop feigning oppression, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>91433845
I literally couldn't care less about this movie
>>
File: 1462155309593.jpg (62KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1462155309593.jpg
62KB, 421x421px
>>91433845
As someone who really enjoyed the first movie, I'm not excited for this one.
Part of why Guardians was so great and unique was because of the freedom given to it since it wasn't expected to be a hit. The movie had nothing to lose and they didn't have to try too hard in making it part of a crappy extended universe. But since it became a huge hit, it's going to go down the same route as all unexpectedly popular movies do when they get sequels.

>movie made by big studio given smaller budget because they think no one will care about it
>director is given freedom to do as he pleases as a result
>it becomes a huge hit surprisingly
>sequel is produced
>larger budget and greater expectations
>studio gives the director less free reign and meddle with the picture since more money is being invested and they want profit
>while bigger and arguably more impressive than the first, it's missing the charm and style and ends up being a forced, shallow, and vapid experience

This always fucking happens. It always has happened, and will continue to happen.
>HEY BABY GROOT IS BACK AND ISN'T HE THE CUTEST ?
>HEY GUYS LET'S HAVE HOOKED ON A FEELING COME BACK! I'M SURE THAT'S WHY ALL THE KIDS WENT TO SEE THE FIRST ONE!"
>>
>>91435502

>HEY BABY GROOT IS BACK AND ISN'T HE THE CUTEST ?

I still have no idea why so many people are mad about Baby Groot. Apparently you're not allowed to have cute characters in movies anymore because that makes them marketable?

>inb4 IT'S OBVIOUSLY MADE FOR MAKING TOYS

He was literally set up at the end of last film, this is not a surprise. Also who gives a shit as long as it works in the context of the film itself?
>>
>>91433845
If ya go to any theater I've seen they've got giant standies for it where you sit on a couch and get a pic with the whole cast.
>>
File: baby groot.jpg (137KB, 647x960px) Image search: [Google]
baby groot.jpg
137KB, 647x960px
>>91435580
>Apparently you're not allowed to have cute characters in movies anymore because that makes them marketable?
>if you hate this then you MUST hate all of these other things
You know that's not how it goes.

But if you still want a reply, it's the marketing. It's because of shit like this
>alright team, we have ourselves a solid poster, how can we fuck up a bit?
>lets put Baby Groot screaming in the bottom left, the children will love that!
Baby Groot was a cute and fun gag that, just like everything else in the first movie, is going to be forced down our throats and repeated in the 2nd movie until it stops being funny, just to attract children to see le cute high pitched smashy smashy plant.
>>
>>91433845
>Marvel being so confident over CW and Doctor Strange that they lift the review embargo months in advance for high RT score bragging
>absolutely nothing on this
What is going on?
>>
>>91435683
oh shit that's lit
>>
>>91433845
I didn't even realize that this is three weeks away.

Maybe MCU is getting really confident and don't care about promoting their movies anymore.
>>
>>91435845
>tfw best girl is hardly in any of the marketing
I'm worried about muh bald blue cutey.
>>
>>91436177
>best girl
>not Mantis
You'll get to enjoy your blue condom girl in IW.
>>
Hypest for me. Taking my girlfriend opening night, my nephews the following day, and my mother and siblings the following Saturday.
>>
>>91435502
Hooked on a Feeling isn't back though. It was in the first teaser, that's it. An everybody who's involved in this movie has bent over backwards making it clear that they aren't just retreading old ground.

Nice strawman you've constructed though.
>>
Sitting in the theater waitin for my boy king king and this stupid fuckin trailer starts. Aw for fuck sake. Don't push the button, I am groot, hur hur dur... pop corn munching, paper cups emptying, hur hur hur. Stupid title shot, volume 2, like your mixtape, you remember your mix tapes don't you co? You have sexual feelings for her! She said your secrets! Do me! Hur hur dur dis movie is so cool I sure hope it's in 3D like last time please punch me in the fucking skull some more I like movies that require my skull being concussed in order to enjoy it
>>
>>91438014
What's it like, living with autism?
>>
I'm excited for it. I hope the women characters are allowed to be just as goofy as the men this time.
>>
I might be excited for it if the trailers had even one good joke. It just looks exhausting. It's running the first movie's shtick right into the ground.
>>
File: Smug Cheers Guy.jpg (21KB, 309x231px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Cheers Guy.jpg
21KB, 309x231px
>>91433845
Yes. This is finally the first MCU failure.
>>
>>91438189
Judging by the trailers it seems Mantis is definitely going to be.
>>
>>91438327
I do wonder if Disney is anticipating middling reviews on this one and that's why they hyped up that "Best Test Audience Reactions Ever!" story in the Hollywood Reporter.
>>
>>91434053
Should have had Peter saying it while jerking off.
>>
>>91438327
Hulk and The Thors were failures.
>>
Ant-Man
>>
>>91438327
P O S T T H E P A S T A
>>
>>91438438
It's going to be hilarious when this shit flops. Once again confirming why the man-children who still read comic books are barely more than marginalized caricatures of themselves. But instead of admitting you've become the most beta of betas, you'll complain for years how "good it was" and how "tasteless" the general public is in desperate attempts to try and divert away the soul crushing realization that you've wasted your lives on mind-numbing drivel originally designed to entertain teenage boys.
>>
>>91433845
I'm pretty excited
Guardians 1 was my favorite Phase 2 Movie.
If this is in any way like the first one then this may be my favorite Phase 3 movie.
>>
>>91435847
That's what's curious. We should have had or be getting reviews of GotG2 around about now.

The problem with releasing reviews early is when a less stellar movie comes along, karma hits.
>>
>>91435847
>>91438521
They had reviews out months ahead of release for Doctor Strange? I don't remember this. Anyway there's still plenty of time before reviews are conventionally released. I don't think it's a bad omen yet.
>>
>>91438605
Wasn't saying that. I think with Civil War it was about three weeks, with Strange it was closer, two weeks, I think.
>>
>>91438605
>>91438521
Is the movie even done yet? I think I read they just finalized some VFX shots the other day.Possible no one even saw it yet.
On the other hand, CW reviews came out Apr 13 one year ago.
>>
>>91433958
>Feels like the marketing has been subdued.
Clearly you don't live in New York
>>
>>91438466
>when
You do realize this movie flopping is impossible right? It doesn't even have any competition.
>>
>>91434846
>ben grimm
>bacon
Fuck they couldn't even get Denny's cross promotion right.
>>
>>91434862
>falling for pasta
>thinking that marvel hype steals hype away from marvel
You should leave to reddit as well.
>>
>>91439284
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_in_film

>week of
fucking nothing
>1 week before
fucking nothing
>2 weeks before
fucking nothing
>3 weeks before
Fast 8

>1 week after
Shitty King Arthur
>2 weeks after
Alien

It opens right as Fast 8's legs will be running out, and it'll own that weekend with literally no competition. King Arthur isn't likely to take anything from it, so it has two whole weeks to itself until Alien comes out.

Guaranteed box office gold.
>>
>>91434185
>JUST turn off your brain bro!
>>
>>91439914
Meanwhile Wonder Woman:
>opens a week after Pirates 5
>2 weeks after alien
>same week as Captain Underpants
>the mummy opens the next week
>Cars 3 opens 2 weeks later

Wonder Woman is going to get swallowed
>>
If it's bad, I'll just go back and watch the first movie again.

If it's good, I'll go back and watch the first movie again just so I can watch the sequel again.
>>
File: wellwhoops.jpg (39KB, 463x347px) Image search: [Google]
wellwhoops.jpg
39KB, 463x347px
>>91439804

Now that is some tonedeaf shit right there.
>>
File: what happened to his legs.gif (2MB, 360x174px) Image search: [Google]
what happened to his legs.gif
2MB, 360x174px
How bad is the cgi in this movie going to look in 8k?

http://screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-2-8k-camera-system/

>For the sequel, it seems that James Gunn and his production team might try to outdo themselves when it comes to expanding the cosmic world of Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s not going to be an easy undertaking, but it appears Marvel and Gunn now have the tools to make Vol. 2 look really, really sharp.

>Digital camera company RED announced that they will partner up with Marvel Studio for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, which will be the first movie to use RED’s new WEAPON 8K camera during production. From the press release from RED:

>“We are all hugely excited to be shooting the next Guardians of the Galaxy on the new WEAPON 8K. This is my third collaboration with RED, having previously shot with the RED EPIC® on Prometheus and the EPIC DRAGON on Tarzan,” says Nik Korda, Executive Producer. “The large sensor size and super high resolution offered by the new WEAPON 8K, combined with its lightweight and compact size open up a whole range of new creative possibilities.”

>While a majority of modern movie theaters can only digitally project at 4K, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will shoot at a higher resolution of 8K, which could make images sharper and more vibrant. The high resolution sensors on RED’s WEAPON 8K can capture more color information for clearer and more crisp images than 4K. In addition, the cameras can also be outfitted with 35mm lenses. No Film School has a good breakdown of the benefits of shooting with 8K cameras and sensors here.
>>
>>91439977
>Wonder Woman is going to get swallowed
Chill out there vore man.
>>
I worked on the special effects on this and thor 3 if you like the first one you're going to like this one it's like two hundred times better
>>
>>91440213
It not that bad and if you thinks so than im sorry we worked so hard on it
>>
>>91438277
trust me the movie is hilarious every Drax and Star-Lord interactions are the funniest part of the movie trust me man
>>
>>91440588
My man i meant
>>
>>91440551
It's not a great shot right there, but I haven't seen the rest of the movie.

What happened to his right arm? Did they mess up while filming and didn't get a good shot of his arm lowering down? Was it quickly made for the trailer? Why couldn't cgi be made for his arm coming down to look normal? It's like less than one second of movement.
>>
>>91440213
maybe I'm not seeing it ... what's the problem with that shot?
>>
>>91433845
They already know people are going to see it, there'll be a slew of TV spots that week though.
>>
>>91439284
Nigger, they outright said it was pasta. Have you not been here for any MCU movie since the first GotG?
>>
>>91440687
Or is it something to do with youtube's compression and/or how the shot's framed?

In the video it looks 'choppy'.
>>
>>91440124
Christ, at least the Smoky Bacon Flavour Pringles that Tescos advertised for Ramadan don't contain any actual pork products.
>>
>>91440522
Tell me about Thanos.
>>
>>91434679

Civil War managed to fit all those characters and not be bad. It was a good movie but really a step down from Cap 2. I don't care if Serpent Society "wasn't really the sequel" it would've been much better than the Avengers 2.5 movie it turned out to be.
>>
>>91433845

Posters are all over the city for me.

They will likely go harder on the advertising 2 weeks prior and even more the week before.
>>
>>91441421
what do you want to know
>>
>>91441642
Imo civil war was more a cap movie than the an avengers movie
>>
>>91434851
>OH yeah, wouldn't he go back to jail or something if he tried to be Ant Man again, as per the Cop boyfriend?

No. The ending of the movie completely vindicated him in his family's eyes and the cop even erased the evidence of him escaping from jail.
>>
>>91442756
Why does he wear the glove?
>>
>>91442756
He shows up in the last five min of thor i was actually animated him today it was pretty cool doing he smile
>>
>>91442811
It was more of an Iron Man movie than a Cap movie.
>>
>>91435023

I'd say Black Panther is the third main character of the movie,after Cap and Tony. He doesn't seem like a last minute addition the way Spider-Man does.
>>
>>91442891
Only if you're a retard. The whole movie was about Cap trying to save Bucky from the government.
>>
>>91434185
this autism
>>
>>91442881
No one cared who he was till he put on the infinty gaunlet
>>
it doesnt need any hype, this shit will have a 93%RT ratting and hit a billion.
hype or no hype
>>
>>91442931
And who was trying to capture him? Iron Man.
Who's parents did he kill? Tony's.
Who recruited Spider-Man? Tony.
Who had the most fleshed out character arc? Tony.
Who was made to look like the sympathetic one in the end? Tony.

Cap was like the least important person in his own movie. The movie was about Bucky and Tony.
>>
>>91433845
Guardians 1.
>>
>>91443103
>Who had the most fleshed out character arc? Tony.

uh, actually Panther

>Who was made to look like the sympathetic one in the end?

Cap, Bucky, Panther, and even Zemo all came out looking more sympathetic than Tony. In the final moments Zemo told Tony he lured them there to get them to fight each other and HE STILL TOOK THE BAIT LMAO WHAT AN IDIOT
>>
>>91442954
If I take it off will he die?
>>
>>91443195
Zemo didn't tell Tony that, he told Black Panther that. And Tony had every right to be pissed off at Cap for hiding the fact that he knew Bucky killed his parents. It made Cap look like a fucking asshole.
>>
>>91443103
Yes, Tony was the antagonist of the movie. Good job, anon, maybe next time you won't make yourself look like a hopeless retard.
>>
>>91443265
>Zemo didn't tell Tony that, he told Black Panther that.

Before the final fight, Zemo told them all that he wanted to tear them apart before showing them the video.

>Cap for hiding the fact that he knew Bucky killed his parents.

Cap admitted that was fucked up but it pales in comparison to the shit Tony has pulled over the course of this movie and the previous ones.

Also, Cap didn't "know" Bucky killed them. He knew Hydra had them killed and he knew Bucky had worked for Hydra but all he could really do was speculate.
>>
File: 14844289639680.jpg (96KB, 659x715px) Image search: [Google]
14844289639680.jpg
96KB, 659x715px
>>91443103
And who was trying to usurp the throne? Loki.
Who's dad was mean to him? Loki's
Who recruited the Destroyer? Loki.
Who had the most fleshed out character arc? Loki
Who was made to look like the sympathetic one in the end? Loki.

Thor was like the least important person in his own movie. The movie was about Loki and Odin.
>>
>>91443406
It was and if it wasn't for Loki the Thor movies would be completely unwatchable.
>>
>>91443265
> Zemo actually had embarrassing/awkward videos involving all the Avengers just in case they showed up.

> We will never see them.
>>
>>91443502
You're not necessarily wrong in what you said, but you're indeed wrong in the bigger picture. What I want to say is that you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>91433845
>least hyped

It's gonna make more money than god
>>
>>91433845

I actually don't know anybody in real life who is talking about this film and most of my friends are MCU lovers. I have no doubt it will do well but I don't think it's going to hit that billion that /co/ has been predicting
>>
>>91443702
>5 billion copies sold and distributed
Good fucking luck with that, nigger.
>>
>>91440706

If you pause, zoom, and enhance on a single pixel at the edge of the frame it's clearly the wrong color.

It's over, Marvel is finished. James Gunn....worst director in history?
>>
>>91443103
> Captain America movie

> Every review talks about Spidey and Panther; Evans totally fails to carry his own movie

> Captain America, the title character, barely mentioned in most reviews
>>
File: i turned my wife into a meme.jpg (287KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
i turned my wife into a meme.jpg
287KB, 1280x853px
>>91443737
>Good fucking luck with that, nigger.
>>
File: 1489251902594.png (464KB, 455x455px) Image search: [Google]
1489251902594.png
464KB, 455x455px
I feel like I've already seen this movie, right down to the dance off and masturbatory post-credits scene.

Can we just end capeshit already?
>>
>>91438368
I can't believe Mantis is fucking dead
>>
>>91443786
>>>/facebook/
>>
>>91443103

Also add that Zemo didn't even have a personal beef with Cap but the Avengers as a whole. I think his kid was excited about seeing Iron Man as well before dying.

Cap has no arc in the the film
>>
>>91438682
That's the thing, Gunn especially likes to tweak that stuff as we saw with GotG (he tweaked the Starlord leaping on Morag clip for every trailer).

I wish the Russo's (whom I like) would have done the same TBQH.
>>
>>91443827
>Cap has no arc in the the film

He fucking decide to become a wanted criminal to save the last connection to his old life.
>>
>>91443964
Wow, some arc. He decided that 30 minutes into the movie.
>>
Also, I'd note that there was a huge gap between the first trailer (November) for Civil War and the second (March), whereas GotG2 had its first in December, and the second in February. It's Superbowl tease was also longer.
>>
>>91443964

Yeah right at the start of the film. Then he just fights a lot
>>
Civil War's central theme is of emotions influencing our judgment.

Every character makes decisions based on emotion, including the "logical" character.
>>
>>91443964
Not to mention Peggy dying effectively left Bucky as the sole connection to Cap's past. I liked Tony more in the movie, but saying it was his it's just dumb.
>>
>>91444093

Vision not abstaining from the conflict was the most retarded shit. Especially since he charged at Cap's team at the Airport and then nothing for the whole fight
>>
>>91444141
They needed to do something with him and Wanda before killing him off in Infinity War.
>>
File: what.png (10KB, 207x213px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
10KB, 207x213px
How do you guys go through this same song and dance every movie?

Like, it's the same thing over and over

"There's no hype, Marvel is dead
"Clearly there is"
[movie comes out, it makes something between 500-1 billion+]
"Well obviously it was gonna make that much"
>>
>>91444236
Welcome to /co/!
>>
>>91434185
this though
>>
>>91444141
> Charged at them
> "Muh Wanda..."

Viz and Wanda were holding back due to each other and not wanting to tear people's brains out.

They won't be holding back against Thanos's lieutenants.
>>
>>91444366
>They won't be holding back against Thanos's lieutenants.
Hard hold back when you're fucking dead.
>>
>>91434185
I mean, this is spot on, but let's not pretend that company wars shitposting doesn't flow from both directions. I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason people have gotten absurdly tribal about nerd/pop culture shit. There has always been a bit of rivalry among comics fans, but it seems to have taken a ridiculous turn and then infested all the normies too. I shit you not, I watched a youtube video today while I was bored where some guy complained about the Ragnarok trailer "ruining" the source material for Ragnarok and Planet Hulk (which may be true, but that's neither here nor there) while in the same breath admitting he never read a comic in his life.
>>
>>91434679
I think CW was a victim of expectation and studio demand. After WS, most people had high hopes for a Russo-led Cap sequel, and WS really set a new bar for the MCU. And everything seems to indicate that the Russos got a tough deal - they seemed to be more interested in making a true follow-up to WS but Feige and the studio seemed all about a civil war movie. The MCU had not adequately established a proper basis for a civil war storyline, so the the fact that the movie wasn't a total clusterfuck is either miraculous or some serious wizardry from the Russos/Markus & McFeely.
>>
>>91434185
>this triggers /cotv/
>>
>>91434973
>RLM
Mike only likes capeshit when it's pure schlock. For fucks sake, the guy loved Jurassic World
>>
>>91445070
"They ruined the source material I never read Reeeeeeeeeee!!"

Also, if you've read Transformers comics you would truly know what pain Bay's "adaptations" are and stop bitching about the actually very faithful MCU is petty.
>>
>>91433845
Here on 4chan sure. The problem is that if you stay too much in this little echo chamber you don't really see much else. We're a small sample size here, and one that doesn't generalize well to the overall population.
>>
>>91435023
It wasn't a fair fight just because Team Stark had Iron Man, War Machine, and Vision. The only heavy hitter Team Cap had was Wanda.
>>
>>91435847
1-2 weeks is normal and spells confidence too. Strange got it lifted around 2 weeks. CW was a fucking anomaly. Almost a month iirc.
>>
Interesting though that the Avengers really are utterly fractured.

Tony is now alone. Vision seems to have quit and fucked off to hang out with his Witchfu, who is not with Cap, it seems Evans starts in May, after the Scotland scenes are done while Scott is likely back with Pym.

Rhodey is hilariously the only one who has followed the Accords. Though know doubt Carol will be an eager follower as well.
>>
>>91444236

People want to pretend Guardians 2 isn't gonna clear a billion like it isn't the most anticipated sequel coming out this years short of the Last Jedi.

fucking Kurt Russell, a man even my grandma recognizes, popping up and saying "Hey I'm your dad, Peter" is the kind of stuff that gets people in a tizzy because they really want to see if such a brazen reveal can be followed up on dramatically.
>>
>>91444104
My impression was Cap misunderstood what Peggy said as a result of that.

She said compromise where you can but Cap seemed to focus on the "you move, you fat fuck" part of Peggy's words.
>>
>>91433845
Well, it's a kind of same-y looking sequel. I will see it FOR SURE. But, in terms of Marvel hype, I'm more excited for Ragnarok if only because it looks fresh (fresh for Thor I mean).
>>
You know what I like about the Guardians? No mentor figure pops in to go "Hey, you guys need to get your shit together and become heroes" There's no Luke Cage, there's no Ancient One, there's no Hank Pym, they just came together on their own.
>>
>>91445573
>compromise where you can
>alright Cap we're going to send a bunch of guys to mow down your best friend without even giving him a chance to surrender
>compromise where you can

did we even watch the same movie
>>
File: 1267510686804.jpg (8KB, 211x193px) Image search: [Google]
1267510686804.jpg
8KB, 211x193px
>>91445596
>Luke Cage
>>
I really have to admit that Baby Groot killed my hype for the film so I'll wait and see.
>>
There wasn't any hype around the first one until it actually was released and that became a huge hit.
>>
File: Time.jpg (219KB, 1132x1698px) Image search: [Google]
Time.jpg
219KB, 1132x1698px
>>91445829
...well this is embarrassing...I meant to say Nick Fury...
...wow...I need to think about a few things now...
>>
>>91445596
>No mentor figure pops in to go

Instead, another Older Mentor is actually villainous
>>
>>91445880
How come I only ever see Duck guy posted, but never Yellow or Red?
>>
From the promo so far it seems like there's no jokes in this movie, just joke-like things.
>>
>>91445264
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit I see. Try again.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.