[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a panic attack last night and realized i need to go to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7998.jpg (37KB, 440x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7998.jpg
37KB, 440x368px
I had a panic attack last night and realized i need to go to college. Whats the best college to go too for a cartoonist job?
>>
>>91432576
as someone who did, unless you mean for the social aspect, you absolutely do not NEED to go to college

carefully weigh exactly how many jobs in your field outright REQUIRE a degree and compare it to the portfolio you could develop in 4 years and see which one employers would prefer
>>
>>91432576
Calarts.
>>
>Having a panic attack before you even get to college

Wait until you get to the end of college.
>>
>>91432617
But in a counter to this you also have to weigh how much you actually believe you could create your own strong portfolio without the obligation to professors and deadlines. This weighing should also consider whether or not your motivation is so low that you may bomb out of college as well.
>>
I didn't start having panic attacks until I was 2 years into college, so you're ahead of the game already champ!

I'm taking some time off because the panic attacks are preventing me from continuing my education
>>
>>91432576
If you don't go to CalArt's you're not getting a job, that simple

Connections > skill/education
>>
>>91433452
That's not exactly true.

What is true is that if you can't get into CalArts there is no other art school in North America that is going to be worth the price and you're better off just studying independently and networking with other cartoonists online.
>>
>>91432718
yeah i don't see that going well
>>
>>91432576
Don't make a life decision based on a panic attack, unless it means NOT going to school and going into debt.

That's all that will happen. If you think panic attacks are bad now, just wait until you graduate and find yourself in $100k of unsecured private debt that can't be cancelled in bankruptcy.

It gets even better when you can't find a job at that point.
>>
>>91432576
College is a scam, anon. Any other form of higher education is preferable, even and especially in manual fields.
>>
>>91433484
Sheridan.
>>
>>91434425
This
Learning a trade is a stable middle class job where you can almost always find work. Everyone needs a plumber or electrician.
>>
TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>91432576
College for art and cartoons is only for connections. You're better off giving out handies at a con for connections than taking out a loan for 20 something k a year.
>>
>>91432576

https://medium.com/i-m-h-o/dont-go-to-art-school-138c5efd45e9

If you have the self motivation to keep yourself on track I would suggest you invest in online courses or even pay for a mentorship. Here are some sites you might be interested in.

https://www.schoolism.com/

https://www.ctrlpaint.com/

https://gumroad.com/l/artcamp#
>>
>>91432576
go to STEM anon
>>
>>91436049
Fuck that i want to be an artist
>>
>>91435037
/thread
>>
>>91432576
If not being in school puts you into panic attacks.....then .....
>>
>>91432576
Go to europe and do an arts degree. You will be mainly smoking pot with a bunch of liberals but it will be much cheaper than studying in the states
>>
>>91437101
What do politics have to do with drawing pictures on a piece of paper?
>>
File: 2000px-Canada_Maple_Leaf.svg.png (61KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Canada_Maple_Leaf.svg.png
61KB, 2000x2000px
>>91435037
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>91436524
Do you want to eat?
>>
>>91435037
This. Sheridan blows the fuck out of CalArts for education and they've continually been farmed by large animation studios for prospects whether you have connections or not. CalArts is more prestigious and recognizable, but there's a lot of talent brimming up at Sheridan.
>>
>>91433452
>200k+ for an education.

Wewlad
>>
>>91437101
This anon has the right idea. Learn German and head on out to Munich. College is free-to-cheap there. Speaking as a senior in art school with nearly 60k in debt, I wish I had that idea 4 years ago.
>>
College is a scam.

t. STEM graduate currently doing his PhD
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (81KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81KB, 960x540px
>>91437296
Don't do it for the money. Do it out of love for the scientific method.

t. woefully unemployed mathematician
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.