[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his endgame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Amon.png (147KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Amon.png
147KB, 444x250px
What was his endgame?
>>
Who knows after that reveal. God those last episodes were horseshit, I'm still upset about it 5 years later.
>>
>>91428856
I guess they kind of alluded to him genuinely thinking that all bending was bad?

What always baffled me is that he is like a legendary level combatant yet was not able to realize that he just shouldn't use his water bending after Korra knocked him into the bay. Like literally if he just stayed out of view until he could reapply the makeup no one would have been any wiser and his revolution would have continued...
>>
>>91428903
Though the boat scene was great.
>>
>>91429040
Pretty dark if you ask me brosef.
I wish we could have got 2 seasons of Amon. Fucking hacks.
>>
>>91429037
I always saw it as an involuntary thing, like a more common version of the Avatar State.
>>
>>91428856
reveal himself as a water bender infront of all his followers without providing an explanation so season one can end without unresolved plots
>>
Gommunism.
>>
>>91428856
Friendly reminder that he was probably funded by airbenders.
>>
>>91429114
Maybe.

What nigga gets knocked into some water while pretending to be a nonbender and then uses his water bending to get out in the most conspicuous way possible?
>>
>>91429037
>>91429282
I don't blame him. He got knocked out and he woke up to realize he was underwater and upside-down, so he panicked. Pretty much everything else about the finale had issues, but I don't mind that part.
>>
>>91429185
that was zehir
he did nothing wrong
>>
>>91428903
That shit was 5 years ago? Christ
>>
I think he genuinely detested bending, he witnessed the worst possible abuses of it and technology has advanced to the point where society could live without it. You can argue that the way he got caught was retarded but I thought Amon really wanted to equalize everyone.
>>
File: dealwithit.png (147KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
dealwithit.png
147KB, 512x288px
>>91429848
I'm still living in 2012
>>
>>91428856

To fuck the Avatar and rule whatever the fuck city.
>>
>>91428856
Korra.
>>
so like, how does that even work? if hitler were to have written a book saying he was actually jewish they would have canceled the holocaust?
>>
>>91428856
To gain political power through focusing followers towards an enemy to blame.
>>
>>91433394
he wanted to make republic city great. For the first time, since it had been a bender run shithole from the moment of its inception
>>
>>91432798
It doesn't. Problem is, to discuss the kind of society that bending would create would require touching subjects and ideas that would make many parents upset if put on children's show. Would even upset people when put on adult show.
>>
The same as Lilac shitposting equine
>>
>>91428856
being a wasted villain is a shit series
>>
>>91432798
If Hitler was going around saying he can turn everyone Aryan by using non-Jewish powers gifted to him by a higher power who chose him specifically to turn the world Aryan and only one single solitary person was financially banking him and creating equipment for Hitler's forces to use.

And then the single source of funding is captured so the money well dries up and the new equipment is destroyed and confiscated. Hitler is actually using Jew-power and wasn't chosen by a cosmic higher authority and you can not get rid of the Jew-power as an Aryan's own child could develop the ability to use Jew-power later on in life or have it in them by nature regardless of nurture.

Ultimately he was a liar who blamed the problems of the world on not-magic instead of the users of said not-magic and that is okay. That's a character. The problem comes from this being a good personal story for Korra and Amon and not for the setting trying to use X-men suddenly.
>>
>>91428856
He had an extremely valid argument that was brushed aside because the author was a hack
>>
>>91428856
equality
>>
>>91433537
And so the solution was building giant mechs and wrecking shit?
Hell if he took over it would STILL be a bender run city.
>>
>>91436070
mechs were retarded and completely ineffective, should have stuck with chi blockers and airplanes
Same with kuvira, her ultimate weapon should have been a leopld cannon
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.