[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2010s-pill me on Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

TLDR; way out of the loop with Marvel, want recommendations.

I think I've hit a happy peak with my DC intake - satisfied with the stuff I'm reading, having a hard time getting interested in any of their other current offerings.

I was an avid Marvel fan during the 2000s, loved the Ultimate line, Civil War, Secret Avengers, Alias, The Sentry, the then-current Fantastic Four, etc.

Lost interest completely around the time of World War Hulk and Secret Invasion.

I want to get my diet back in balance; what are some Marvel runs from the past 5-10 years or so that I should catch up on? Essential reads, fan favorites, sleeper hits, whatever.

I've been consuming 60% DC and 40% third party for way too long.

There's gotta be something published in-between Secret Invasion and Secret Wars that I can fall in love with.

Help me, anon. What have I missed?
>>
Vision
>>
>>91421627
Read it :(
Tom King is my man these days.
>>
File: 1489464843603.jpg (59KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489464843603.jpg
59KB, 800x800px
Oh yah and I already ate up Fraction's Hawkeye.
Anon pls help
>>
>>91421814
Superior Foes of Spider-Man
>>
>>91421593
Everything Ewing has written
Especially Agent of Asgard
>>
>>91422060
Ty

Does Superior Spider-Man suck as much as my friends say? I'd kinda dig a tour through Spider-Mans world again.
>>
>>91422203
I didn't read it myself, but some people liked the execution. Might be worth a shot if the idea of Ock being Spider-Man interests you.
>>
>>91422203
It's an interesting idea marred by Slott having to conveniently make supporting characters drop IQ points by a vast margin without any explanation.
>>
X-Men Legacy
>>
>>91421593

G8 B8 M8. i gib it an 8!
>>
>>91422351
How could this be construed as bait in any way?
>>
Stop namefagging you fucking retard.
>>
File: tumblr_n0b6rorDsi1rpok63o1_1280.jpg (228KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0b6rorDsi1rpok63o1_1280.jpg
228KB, 700x990px
>>91421593
>The Sentry
Mah Boi.

Seconding >>91422169 & >>91422314. X-Men Legacy put me off X-Men comics altogether, it set the bar so high. Which was a blessing in disguise given the shit they've been dragged through since. I'm pretty sure it was what inspired the current TV show, it was so good.
Ewing's a creative continuityfag who's big on fun & feels. He started with Loki Agent of Asgard and has done a string of Avengers comics since that flow one into the other. First there were 2 back-to-back Mighty Avengers volumes, then he split the cast into the silly memey ones (New Avengers) and the OPplsnerf ones (Ultimates), and both of those turned into his current projects of USAvengers & Ultimates^2. Which're 99% likely leading to a cosmic all-or-nothing event called Eternity War. Also some other bits & bobs here & there, but that's the core of it.
Also, I always recommend Thor God of Thunder. The first 12 issues, at least. Genuinely epic shit. If I went into detail I'd be here all day.

>Lost interest completely around the time of World War Hulk and Secret Invasion.
You mmmmmight want finish up the Sentry stuff then? It's very love-it-or-hate-it (because it's mostly by Bendis), but I'm squarely in the former camp. If nothing else, read Siege, since it capped off the 5 years of in-fighting and was the impetus for the Loki storyline that Ewing wraps up with Agent of Asgard. The bulk of which was Journey into Mystery, by Kieron Gillen. People LOVE that shit, and for good reason. It's a damn rollercoaster. Squarely in the Vision 'sleeper hit' category.
>>
File: cwkp 3-2.jpg (735KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
cwkp 3-2.jpg
735KB, 1000x1537px
>>91421593
Also
>Alias
I don't much like street-level but give Civil War II's Kingpin miniseries a look. I'm still amazed at how gripping it was. It got enough praise to greenlight an ongoing by the same creative team, IIRC.

And yeah, Ewing's Ultimates is basically the Fantastic Four placeholder if you're a fan. "Solve the Ultimate problems" ≈ "Fix Everything". Maybe you've been keeping tabs post-Secret Wars and already know about it, though.
>>
>Moon Knight by Warren Ellis (I also enjoyed the subsequent runs)
>Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts is also nice
>Magneto by Cullen Bunn is pretty ok
>I enjoyed the Nathan Edmondson runs on Black Widow and Punisher, but it probably had a lot to do with the art

Immortal Iron Fist by Brubaker is supposed to be good, haven't read it yet. Wish I could think of more titles, I guess I'm still a bit of a newfag myself.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.