[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She-Hulk without She-Hulk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 8dd.png (212KB, 800x704px) Image search: [Google]
8dd.png
212KB, 800x704px
Will we ever get her back or will she be forever stuck in a cycle of muh PTSD
>>
>>91420722
She still hasn't hulked out yet?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>91420729
NOT ONCE
>>
File: a96.png (199KB, 900x840px) Image search: [Google]
a96.png
199KB, 900x840px
The reason that I liked she hulk wasn't so much of the sex appeal (okay that actually helps though) is that no matter how dour the situation got, she actually found some way of pushing forward through and rising above it, giving hope to those are feeling hopeless.
By having bogged down in PTSD, it shows how weak she is and drains here of any hope she had and drew fans to her that weren't simply looking at the sex appeal and looking to overcome their own "Hulk"

That's just my two cents.
>>
>>91420722
Having not read the comic, I would say probably. Most changes like this last for one, maybe two runs and then they revert once a new creative team takes over.
>>
>>91421270
True. I don't mind them trying to do something new with the character, but she found her niche as the lighter side of being a Hulk. Dumping her with all this unnecessary baggage and calling it a new direction is kind of trite.

It doesn't help that the latest run is abysmally paced. Probably the worst example of writing for the trade I've seen since Bendis' Avengers run.
>>
>>91420722
Honestly, out of all the current DIVERSE Marvel books, this is probably the best one. At least she feels like a grown ass woman, instead of a teenager.

While I don't want this to define the character forever, I certainly wouldn't mind this story being told. Fuck, remember how much mileage people like Ellis and Yost got out of fucking Penance?
>>
>>91420729
Next issue.
>>
>>91423472

I made this same argument like a month ago, and everyone jumped down my throat saying it was a shitty book BECAUSE they weren't having her Hulk out. A pack of dumbasses plagues this board.
>>
>>91423868
You said that about the last issue!

>>91423894
>People who don't agree with me are dumbasses

Okay.
>>
>>91420722
I want that amazon body to dominate me
>>
File: 2d7.png.jpg (65KB, 753x1062px) Image search: [Google]
2d7.png.jpg
65KB, 753x1062px
While I can appreciate a character having character development, that doesn't mean that the writers should sacrifice the elements that made the character they are writing work.

When People tune in to she-hulk, they expect a hulk that can be serious at times at appreciate the gravity of the situation, they also expect she-hulk to see the light at the end of the tunnel and have some assurance that things will work out in the end short of a miracle.

The last thing I hate about the current run are the covers. While I know that we are taught never to judge a book by it's cover, that usually doesn't apply to comic books. For example when we see Aquaman fighting Black Manta on his comic, we usually see Aquaman fighting Black Manta, albeit not in that exact battle. In the few comics that have come out, the cover shows Jen hulking out, and yet in the comic itself, save for that one time she hulked out offscreen due to her PTSD, not once have we seen her in her hulk form. How the hell this manages to skirt false advertising standards is beyond me.

Also when people tune into the she-hulk comic, they expect she-hulk NOT super Law & Order with ONLY Jennifer Walters.

Thank You for your consideration.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.