[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all seriousness, can it be saved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 32

File: rotator_large_superior.jpg (28KB, 1000x792px) Image search: [Google]
rotator_large_superior.jpg
28KB, 1000x792px
In all seriousness, can it be saved?
>>
>>91420161
No it's literally the same as WWE only worse because Ike has 30 years on Vince
>>
>>91420161
No, because Marvel isnt willing to change
>>
>>91420245
This.

But their problems generally are not unfixable.
>>
>>91420161
Once they have a purge and start over. Its time Marvel had a real crisis.
>>
DC did it, Marvel should if the want to.
>>
>>91420161
The MCU or the company as a whole?
>>
>>91420344
Marvel Studios is doing fine.

It's everything else that needs saving
>>
>>91420344
MCU isn't made by Marvel Comics. If OP meant Marvel Studios he would have posted their logo. It's not the same company.
>>
File: 35.jpg (942KB, 1177x3705px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
942KB, 1177x3705px
>>91420161

As long as pic provided and Axel are there. NO.
>>
>>91420186
But Marvel hasn't made their XFL yet, have they?
>>
>>91420523
Marvel was bad long before they came in.
>>
File: IMG_2178.jpg (57KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2178.jpg
57KB, 416x416px
Get rid of him
>>
Get good editors
Do that
Do something that filters out the crap
>>
Step 1) Kick Perlmutter
Step 2) Get some decent editorial in there
Step 3) Have more of a story direction and more self contained issues.
Step 4) BRING BACK CONTINUITY! Reference stuff that has happened before! Bring back other characters!
Step 5) GET GOOD CONSOLE GAMES AGAIN!
>>
>>91420714
>Get good console games again

It seems they are trying to do that again with the upcoming spider man game and their game deal with Square Enix
>>
>>91420714
>Step 1) Kick Perlmutter
And Brevoort. And Alonso.
Say what you will about Quesada, it wasn't that bad under him.
>>
>>91420774
Has anything been announced with the Spider-Man one? I feel like we just got the trailer.

I also hope we get some game that encapsulates all of Marvel. Just bring all of it together.
>>
They need to stop shitting on Fantastic Four just because "muh film rights"
>>
>>91420813
You forgot Amanat.
>>
File: 1490213304196.png (191KB, 473x513px) Image search: [Google]
1490213304196.png
191KB, 473x513px
>>91420161
You can't, it's rotten to the core, you gotta pull the sjw out of it FROM ITS ROOTS. They made the mother of all omelets for the past 5 years or so, and they have been fretting all of the eggs.
They must give the boot to the incompetent un-males, the dumb-ass libtards and the terrible writters. We had enough of this shit comics that get sell terribly and get cancelled, we need actual writters again. Fuck diversity, fuck feminism, fuck White hate, fuck minority acceptance, FUCK ALL OF IT. This is about super héroes, we have to go back, we need to make this piece of shit Company great again.

SERIOUSLY, EVERY FUCKING ISSUE I HAVE READ SO FAR IN 2017 HAS HAD SOME KIND OF PLOTLINE ABOUT FEMINISM AND DIVERSITY AND RACISM WHY CANT IT BE LIKE IT USED TO BE WHY MUST THEY APPEAL TO PEOPLE THAT DON'T EVEN BY THEIR COMIC BOOKS FUCK YOU MARVEL I HAVE INVESTED SO MUCH TIME AND MONEY IN YOU, WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME LIKE SO?
>>
>>91420813
It's pretty astonishing that One More Day was so reviled that Quesada has been forever remembered for it, yet Alonso has done mistake after mistake and his name is nowhere near as infamous.
>>
Yes, obviously you fucking retard
>>
>>91420161
Marlel is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.
>>
>>91420917
who the fuck cares about the F4
>>
>>91420601
Ike's not the core of the actual problem so much as he's a background problem they can benefit from losing.

The core of the issue is the writing and editing staff.
>>
>>91421156

The Marvel Universe just isn't the same without them.
>>
>>91420940

Yes, she's the worst one by far. Axel's given her free reign since MUH MS MARVEL and she has fucked everything else up.
>>
>>91420523
I thought the problem was just a bunch of old white guys who were out of touch. This is much worse than I thought.
>>
>>91421156
You mean the FF, casual?
>>
>>91421225

Why do you think that artist was allowed by editorial to slip those Islamic references into the last X-Men issue. She's 3rd down in the chain of command of editors. I quarantine she read that issue and knew what's Colossus' shirt was referencing and didn't say anything about it.
>>
>>91421312
You're going to have to show me.
>>
>>91421225
It's everything really. Even stuff not directly related to this shit, like the collections department.
>>
>>91421368
Look in the goddam catalog.
>>
>>91421156
It's the world's greatest comic magazine
>>
>>91421368
Where the fuck have you been.
>>
>>91421312
To be honest, did anyone know this shit? I didn't know what 1414 meant either until that Shia LeBouf thing.
>>
>>91421225
Out of touch white guys are much better at entertainment that people give them credit for.
>>
>>91421446
Me? I've been trying to avoid modern Marvel books.
>>
>>91421478
not the ones at Marvel
>>
>>91420525
I'm pretty sure that New Universe would be considered Marvel's XFL

That or U-Decide (i.e. what brought us Marville)
>>
>>91421594
Those are "in touch" white guys.
>>
>>91420289

This.

My 2 cents:

Marvel needs a serious reboot. I hate reboots and I loathed the DC52 but Marvel has done so much damage to the brand over the last 10 years, IMO, that there's nothing they can do but reboot.

As someone who's read comics since the late 70's, I know some will hate this idea but Marvel needs to really embrace the MCU fans and make a new MU that resembles the MCU more. Marvel Comics won't last unless they can bring in new readers, something that they've failed to do for years, and when you have a billion dollar movie at the box office there's no reason to not embrace this exposure. DC did embrace the extra exposure in the 60's with Batman and even the late 80's with the Tim movies and it resulted in lots of new readers which eventually became regulars. They made slight changes to characters to make them more like their Hollywood counterparts and it worked to help bring in new readers. If a 10 yo kid who just watched Avengers: AOU picks up a comic, he wants to see Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Thor Odinson, and Natasha Romanoff. Not a bunch of people cosplaying as them.

It really makes no sense that a brand with the kind of exposure Marvel gets nowadays can't sell comics where the characters originated.
>>
>>91421610
Ultimate U.
>>
>>91421368
You should be able to find it on google

Basically in X-Men Gold the artist slipped anti-jewish Quran verse into the background, a reference to a hardline Indonesian Islamic group as well as having a store labelled Jewellery half behind Kitty Pryde, so the word Jew is right next to her head

Not a conspiracy theory, he straight up admitted it on facebook
>>
Why do you guys care about marvel so much? Why not try reading from smaller publishers and manga/french comics? I don't get why people read the same comics about the same characters over and over again. They die and then they come back. It's become a meme. It's like always going to burger king or mcdonalds when you can go to 5 guys
>>
>>91421687
Ultimate U lasted far longer than the XFL and actually made Marvel money...

Jeff Loeb writing Ultimates 3 was the Fingerpoke of Doom however
>>
File: ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT MARVEL.jpg (121KB, 940x395px) Image search: [Google]
ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT MARVEL.jpg
121KB, 940x395px
>>91421748
I've mostly ditched Marvel at this point but some of the characters are too near and dear for me to drop completely and some ideas are pretty good Ultimates is the only team based ongoing I care anything about and I refuse to ditch Spidey
The rest of Marvel on the other hand is hot garbage and seems to be doing their damnedest to alienate their diehard fanbase by replacing beloved characters with diversity hires for no other reason then to meet a quota
>>
>>91420917
>They need to stop shitting on Fantastic Four just because "muh film rights"
You spelled X-Men wrong
>>
>>91420945
Did you read Uncanny Avengers? Other than the one awkward post-trump-victory comic and a couple awkward lines from Rogue it's been pretty fun.
>>
>>91421669

The fucking reboot should've been after Secret War. All of those Alex Ross covers referenced all these alternate universe versions and obscure characters, that were nowhere to be found after the event ended.

They should've kept all the prime A-listers and threw in several of the obscure universe characters for the new Marvel. But instead they replaced all the prime A-listers with shit SJW circlejerk fodder and the few alternate universe characters (Weirdworld and Squadron Supreme) were dumped after a few issues.
>>
>>91421748
Because as shit as Marvel is it's still better than the indie shit.
>>
>>91421748
>>Indie book
>>All dialogue is swearing
>>Brings up every sexual thing as if it's ground breaking.
>>GORE, GORE, GORE, GORE, GORE, GORE, GORE, GORE, GORE

No thanks. Indie is pretty much just taking off the sane restraints and you get garbage.
>>
>>91421669
a serious reboot wouldnt work right now, they need to build up the current continuity and then do a reboot, otherwise, it would be meaningless
>>
>>91422048
>>91422082
you can still look towards mangas that appeal to a wider variety
>>
>>91421669
Thing is, would a reboot be too little too late? What if Infinity Wars really changes the MCU? Asgard destroyed, Cap and Iron Man dead, new lineup of heroes. Then what? It would make a reboot look behind.
>>
>>91420917
They need to stop shitting on everyone because they hired racist misandrist hetero-phobic leftists who are attempting to appeal to millennials while claim to represent diversity while they are clearly pushing an agenda

And the worst part isn't that they cry racist when people call them on their bullshit or blame DC because their comics don't sell or take potshots at the longtime readers, no the worst part is that they are hacks who are putting out halfassed stories with little to no editorial oversite and saying that you are in the wrong for not lapping up the dogshit they just put on your plate
>>
>>91422118
>manga
>>
>>91421669

I agree with this. Marvel needs a full on reboot.
>>
>>91421669
> If a 10 yo kid who just watched Avengers: AOU picks up a comic, he wants to see Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Thor Odinson, and Natasha Romanoff. Not a bunch of people cosplaying as them.

The problem with this is not really in the current books though. If you just go on Amazon or something and search Iron Man comics you'll get stuff with Tony Stark. The problem is that people don't think to do even this much with Marvel books in significant numbers despite enjoying the movies. That's more of a marketing issue.
>>
>>91421669
I think that the Ultimate Universe proved that wouldn't work but I hope I'm wrong
If Marvel managed to cut out the cancerous elements of their staff that are slowly but surely killing their company I wouldn't mind a HARD Reboot
Not everything back to zero but maybe back to one and a half, something like
>All the old heroes are back in their own costumes and ongoings
>FF are back and Franklin is around as a 4th or 5th grader
>Peter is in his Senior year of College and engaged to MJ
>The X-men and Brotherhood are down to their core Iconic members so you don't have a billion f them running around
>Avengers are the classic line up plus some MCU characters
>Fury is in charge of SHIELD
>Town down the Mutant hate just a tad to make it a little more realistic
>Town down marvels citizens in general because they are such ungrateful shits it is ridiculous

and I'm out anybody else have any ideas for a reboot
>>
Reboot. I don't even care at this point.

But clean house with all the garbage writers and their agendas. Otherwise we'd just have the same shit, different universe.
>>
>>91422415
>tfw Ultimate Marvel was so promising in the beginning
Why did it all have to go to shit?
>>
>>91421669
> If a 10 yo kid who just watched Avengers: AOU picks up a comic, he wants to see Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Thor Odinson, and Natasha Romanoff. Not a bunch of people cosplaying as them.
They did this with Avengers Assemble.

It didn't sell. Marvel SHOULD be selling batman/star wars numbers for a lot more of their books, but a reboot wont change anything.
>>
>>91422487
It got me back into comics, but the seeds of its downfall were there from the beginning. Too many asshole characters.
>>
>odinson
This bothers me more than anything else.
>>
If they suddenly realize that most of the people who praise their comics do not buy their comics, yes.

Also a hard reboot is vital.

Also, post reboot they need to get comfortable with doing things outside of main continuity. Rori Williams as a future Iron Man similar to DC's Batman Beyond could be fun. Civil War but outside of continuity like Injustice or Marvel Zombies so there are actual stakes could be cool.

Marvel keeps writing shit that gets headlines and hashtags and forgetting they actually have to deal with it forever.
>>
>>91422487
Because comic creators are hacks and without the shackles of a strong status quo there is no protecting the narrative from them
>>
>>91422415
>Town down marvels citizens in general because they are such ungrateful shits it is ridiculous

Then it wouldn't be Marvel. I don't NEED another DC Universe. I kind of like the citizenry of the Marvel Universe being assholes.
>>
>>91422653
Would anyone ever blame Joker if he lived in the Marvel Universe?
>>
File: Reckless Faggotry.png (489KB, 656x425px) Image search: [Google]
Reckless Faggotry.png
489KB, 656x425px
>>91422614
>Civil War

I actually thought Civil War was going to get rid of a bunch of dead weight at Marvel. Like fucking who-cares Iron Man (before the movies no one gave half a shit about Iron Man) was leading the registration team, and Hank "wife beating" Pym was on his side, and they hired supervillains.

So surely they were going to lose and a bunch of them would die while others become villains and Cap would be victorious.

How fucking wrong I was. Civil War was literally the beginning of the end for Marvel creatively.
>>
File: ja-01-41.jpg (644KB, 1024x1553px) Image search: [Google]
ja-01-41.jpg
644KB, 1024x1553px
>>91422653
You don't need to give Quicksilver his own museum you just need to tone down the shittyness of the average citizen

Back in the JLA/Avengers crossover the JLA saw how shit the marvel citizens were and assumed that it was because the heroes were jerks that only fought each other all the time and when the Avengers saw how the DC universe treated their heroes they assumed the only way the man on the street could like a heroe was if they were tyrannical despots that forced them to
You need them to be somewhere in the middle of DC and Marvel in terms of disposition
>>
>>91422766
>the JLA saw how shit the marvel citizens were and assumed that it was because the heroes were jerks that only fought each other all the time

and they were right
>>
File: I live in Saudi Arabia.png (75KB, 631x739px) Image search: [Google]
I live in Saudi Arabia.png
75KB, 631x739px
>>91420523
>10 weeks of PAID maternity leave in Saudi Arabia. Yes PAID. And ur worrying about women driving. Put us to shame.

Actually, I'm more worried about the behind the scene faggoty and incest.
>>
>>91422878
Kek fucking kek Anon
>>
File: Marvel Bookscan 2016.png (51KB, 694x777px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Bookscan 2016.png
51KB, 694x777px
>>91421396
>>
File: Image Bookscan 2016.png (51KB, 697x802px) Image search: [Google]
Image Bookscan 2016.png
51KB, 697x802px
>>91423181
>>
>>91420813

nah, kick him out so we can get some DC Marvel crossovers running again.
>>
>>91422750
>Civil War was literally the beginning of the end for Marvel creatively.

Was Civil War the start of the "we should be super political" stuff? It's been a while but it was the earliest recent political thing I can remember them doing. Even if they were a couple years late with it iirc.
>>
>>91420813
>>91423243
And Wacker too.
>>
>>91423181
truly they'll never learn
>>
>>91422766
Pretty sure Quicksilver stole that newspaper.

>>91422878
Yeah I was going to say that, lol
>>
>>91421669
Marvel already tried doing a reboot before and it turned out awful.

No amount of rebooting will help if the writers and editors are shit.
>>
File: ja-01-29.jpg (1MB, 2000x1545px) Image search: [Google]
ja-01-29.jpg
1MB, 2000x1545px
>>91422766
Here is the JLA reaction btw
>>
>>91420161

No

Have you read the current talks from Marvel? This isn't DC where the apologized and brought back what people wanted, they blame their fans for not liking what the put out.

Even if people enjoy some of their comics I have no idea how they could give them money with how Marvel treat them
>>
>>91421225
>I thought the problem was just a bunch of old white guys who were out of touch

Usually the "white" people who cause problems are Jews. But I'm not allowed to say that am I?
>>
File: 20170409_235609.jpg (2MB, 1920x1946px) Image search: [Google]
20170409_235609.jpg
2MB, 1920x1946px
>>91423550
Little part 2 of this reaction with Superman ranting.
>>
I'm going to say what I always say: get rid of Bendis, seriously, almost everything that everyone hates right now can be tracked back to him, or a majority of it can.

>Star-Lord's current characterization as well as the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy
>the O5 X-Men
>Bobby Drake being gay
>Miles being in 616
>Civil War 2, all of it.
>both Ironman titles
>fucking Riri

If this fucking fat cunt didn't write so many fucking titles and was at least quarantined to a single titl then other writers would have had a chance to stop some of these shitty things from happening and snowballing into the shitfeist that we have today.
>>
>>91421156

They're the heart and soul of Marvel if you cant do them right don't bother. And even with the "Nobody cares LOL" they sold better than 80% of what Marvel puts out now
>>
>>91421225
It's out of touch old white guys hiring authors/artists who they think will write/draw whatever the youth of today want. It's both.
>>
>>91423550
Of course Batman goes out of his way to beat up the Punisher. That actually makes me smile.
>>
>>91423665
Protestant white women are a source of pure evil, and the authors of virtually every moral panic ever, anon.
>>
File: avgrs&jla-04-11.jpg (696KB, 1200x1814px) Image search: [Google]
avgrs&jla-04-11.jpg
696KB, 1200x1814px
>>91423694
Yeah Cap and Supes were being influenced by the guys orchestrating the whole fiasco to hate each other's universe so this would go down easier
They admit later how they actually feel
>>
>>91421798
Prichard said on his podcast that the XFL netted a small profit by the time everything was sold.
>>
>>91422750
>Like fucking who-cares Iron Man (before the movies no one gave half a shit about Iron Man) was leading the registration team, and Hank "wife beating" Pym was on his side,

t. casual
>>
>>91423717
I'm with you.
But that is just the first step a full Purge and quarantine is needed.
>>
>>91420161
Could it be saved? Yes. Will it be saved? Probably not since that would require a sense of self awareness and ability to admit that Marvel has been acting like a giant ass for the past couple of years.
>>
>>91424446
Slott can go with him, but he doesn't get to write for ASM any longer.
>>
>>91421669
that's what Secret Wars was supposed to be. If they didn't it then, they won't ever.
>>
>>91420525
>New Jersey Hitmen
>Orlando Rage
>Las Vegas Outlaws
>Memphis Maniax
>San Francisco Demons
>Los Angeles Xtreme
Jesus
>>
>>91423550
Michigan is as terrible as Latveria and Genosha
>>
>>91423871
Flash and GL would still rather hangout together than mingle with the Avengers
Bestbros
>>
>Reed is fucking Doom's mom
Really? Really Bendis?
>>
>>91421156
I do. Fantastic Four used to be my favourite comic book of all time.
>>
>>91423694
>>91423550
>>91422766

The funny thing is the JLA were right, just not yet. A year or two later Civil War would happen.
>>
>>91423829

This is actually true.
>>
they theoretically COULD but I don't see it happening in the next 5 years and I suspect it will get worse before it gets better.
>>
>>91420161
Sure.

Nuke Dîsney headquarters. They'll never go bankrupt and they'll never release their properties so the only way to free them is to destroy the evil at the root.
>>
File: the end is nigh.jpg (224KB, 1343x602px) Image search: [Google]
the end is nigh.jpg
224KB, 1343x602px
>>91420161
>>
File: and to all things, an ending.jpg (115KB, 665x247px) Image search: [Google]
and to all things, an ending.jpg
115KB, 665x247px
>>91421156
>>
>>91420161
lets hope not, its fun watching them go full retard
>>
i dont think i have ever read an Iron man or captain america comic in my life.
>>
>>91421156
I do, you MCU shill
>>
>>91426151
if you care that much then buy the f4 movie license from fox and give it back to marvel
>>
>>91420161
I'll give defenders and spectacular Spider-Man a shot but I'm not optimistic about them.
>>
>>91420601
Is that some kind of supervillain from Mad Men?
>>
File: yanokino.jpg (94KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
yanokino.jpg
94KB, 600x884px
>>91426151
>>91426168
He's got you there pal.
>>
File: murty thur.png (357KB, 712x228px) Image search: [Google]
murty thur.png
357KB, 712x228px
>>91425838
Thor confirmed bae. Good brother.
>>
>>91420161
I'm a dentist, not a cancer doctor, anon
>>
>>91420161
yes how can we save them from being so successful?
>>
>>91426286
thor is a fag and you're a bigger fag for thinking I like him.
>>
File: 1366671284005.jpg (144KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
1366671284005.jpg
144KB, 500x596px
>>91426300
Rude.
>>
>>91426291
Pretty sure we're exclusively talking comics.
>>
>>91425803
so it's DC's fault as usual

man FUCK DC can someone finally kill that fucking cancer of a company
>>
>>91420436
Marvel's movies are much more faithful to the source material than Marvel's comics.
>>
File: 2little2late.jpg (90KB, 657x217px) Image search: [Google]
2little2late.jpg
90KB, 657x217px
>>91426323
Let's be fair, it was Marvel's decision (after decision, after decision).
>>
>>91426260
Ike is so evil that even the likes of Dormammu, Mephisto, Chthon, and Shuma look at him and say, "that's going a bit too far, geez dude".
>>
>>91426380
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
FUNNYYYYYYYYY JOKE
>>
>>91426366
But Marvel is not challenging readers, it's insulting them with cack-handed attempts to be relevant and progressive which are in fact neither.
>>
>>91426168
I would just to see finally a good F4 team.
>>
>>91420161
Only if disney fire all the team and hire normal people who want to write superhero comics instead of SJW crap
>>
File: 1488163166459.jpg (83KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
1488163166459.jpg
83KB, 638x425px
>wanting Marvel to stop being shit

Not me, having DC be on top is perfect. Marvel's downward spiral is no less than they deserve.

This is what you get for 2012, drones.
>>
File: joker2.jpg (139KB, 400x727px) Image search: [Google]
joker2.jpg
139KB, 400x727px
>>91422766
Isn't Gotham a perpetual shithole?
Did they cherry pick shit from both?
>>
>>91426479
Exactly. They stopped decades ago.
If this is about the filename I can't remember why I called it that.
>>
>>91426765
>This is what you get for 2012
I'm guessing this is about 'hijacking' New 52.
>>
>>91420523
Vagina mutilation is a good thing now? What the fuck? Go cut your pussies then, I dare you, goddamn bitches.
>>
File: 1455494572014.jpg (31KB, 390x497px) Image search: [Google]
1455494572014.jpg
31KB, 390x497px
>>91420161
>>
File: Stevony.png (3MB, 1400x2628px) Image search: [Google]
Stevony.png
3MB, 1400x2628px
>>91420161
At this point I think that only a reebot can save this universe.

What you guys think? Should there be a Crisis to start things from zero?
>>
>>91426765
>DC on top
On top of where?

You're being crushed in movies, dominated in comics, destroyed in tv, demolished in toys, the only thing left is video games and we're about to beat you there too
>>
>>91422082
That clearly describes Bone. It's only one of the most popular and best selling indy comics of all time. Idiot
>>
>>91427322
>falseflaging
Kill yourself.
>>
Marvel cannot be fixed unless the entire editorial, creative and publishing staff are replaced. No one stays. The company is too toxic for anyone to remain.
>>
>>91427286
Did the last one help? No, reboots are never the answer. The answer is giving popular titles to someone besides tenured writers like Slott and Bendis.
>>
>>91423499
>No amount of rebooting will help if the writers and editors are shit.
This. I don't know why so many people are calling for a hard reboot when the problem is with Marvel's garbage creative "talent" and their weak to nonexistent editorial.

A reboot with Marvel's current staff will just be a different flavour of the same old shit. They need to clean house before anything else.
>>
>>91426991
Yes, and it's not even the worst because Hub City exists.
>>
>>91420161
Bring Shooter back to life and put him in charge
>>
>>91420161
Nope, thankfully I have like 90 years of old comics to read so whatever
>>
>>91421156
True believers, unlike you, you fucking shit taste casual
>>
>>91420161
Any comic, any character, any company CAN be saved. But this particular one won't until a Mouse Exec decides that the IP division needs to also be more profitable day to day.
>>
>>91428412
Shooter's not dead, anon. He is also the architect of the event cycle.
>>
>>91421669
Dude they JUST had a fuckin reboot! All new all fuckin gay.
>>
>>91429792
not a reboot
>>
>>91420161
Yes, but only once Ike bites the dust.
Don't hold your breath.
>>
>>91421185
Who do you think okayed hiring them? Or okayed hiring the HR rep who hired them?

Ike is literally the only guy who would have the power to clean house, him not doing it makes him the problem.
>>
>>91421748
You can enjoy both big 2 capes and indies/euro/manga. Crazy right?
>>
>>91429990
They'll never get it, anon. The base assumption is that if you read, much less like. cape comics,mthat ypu must never have seen anything else ever ever ever.
I mean these are faggots who coined the term capeshit, and are unworthy of any consideration.
They're not even full humans.
>>
>>91430067
Didn't /tv/ coin "capeshit"?
>>
>>91430244
I first saw ot use by indyfags, here.
Who fucking cares about /tv/?
>>
>>91429928
Ike is the biggest reason why Marvel has no editors to begin with. He won't do shit.
>>
>tfw don't give two shits about DC/Marvel movies coming out because I'm looking forward to animated international movies
>have never bought a Big Two comic
>read only things I find interesting or that are free (or both)
>there's great stuff wherever you look in comics, no matter the genre
>The collapse of the Big Two could mean the expansion of other genres/allow for more international comics and maybe even better models to sell comics

I'm ready for it all to be over
>>
>>91422150
I love /co/
>>
>>91421669
Yeah, give everyone the perfect dropping point. That should work, like Nu52 for DC and the yearly #1 relaunches from Marvel itself.

>>91430244
I remember seeing hipsters flinging it around here since probably 2010. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>91433123
>The collapse of the Big Two could mean the expansion of other genres/allow for more international comics and maybe even better models to sell comics

Not really. The fact that your kind keeps pushing this narrative is hilarious.
>>
The comics are dead. At this point they just go through the motions of what is expected of them.
>>
>>91420525
I'd consider the anime universe marvel's XFL.

>>91420945
You'd have to kill the movement. Thing with marvel is their books from day one have been made to pander to the left of the day and relate to the common man. Its why spider-man and hulk are so popular.

The current problem however is that marvel lacks finesse and thus hamfists it into your face by allowing the writers to do what ever. I can't see a change coming until someone kicks the editors and makes the comic division responsible for putting out shit that sells.
>>
>>91422766
>>91423550
>>91423694
i didn't knew about that. the situation is quite funny.
besides all the problems the thing that needs to tone down the most is the asshole-sh level of marvel heroes. each event after civil war and dark reing makes the heroes do the oposite of what they learned.
for fuck sake. Hydra Steve Rogers acts more like a hero than the rest of current cast
>>
>>91426765
>>91427322
stop acting like /tv/ and /v/ you retards
>>
>>91422614
>Marvel keeps writing shit that gets headlines and hashtags and forgetting they actually have to deal with it forever.
This is a big part of the problem.
>>
File: charlie-kelly-pepe-silva-carol.jpg (44KB, 650x356px) Image search: [Google]
charlie-kelly-pepe-silva-carol.jpg
44KB, 650x356px
>>91420523

This is you
>>
>>91422766
>Cap is jelly
Based Busiek.
>>
File: 1482952774186.gif (1MB, 245x260px) Image search: [Google]
1482952774186.gif
1MB, 245x260px
>>91427322
>dominated in comics, destroyed in tv, demolished in toys
>>
>>91435650
>for fuck sake. Hydra Steve Rogers acts more like a hero than the rest of current cast

Arguably he's been acting more like a hero compared to some Cap comics in the last eight years.
>>
>>91420523
Scum of the earth.
>>
>>91437133
well the last eight years is post civil war and dark reign
>>
Did house of M get reversed? Is Pietro still a murderer?
>>
>>91436901

BUT HES GOT BOXES OF PEPE!

BOXES!

ITS ALL CONNECTED!
>>
>>91425757

*cough* SECRET WARS......
>>
>>91426765

This is company wars bullshit but desu, Marvel being an underdog for a bit might make them rethink alooooot of shit and get back to making interesting and god forbid slightly more serious and edgy books than they have been...

Bring back a little XTREME maybe.... just a bit, wouldn't want that to get out of hand, they did that already, lol
>>
File: dumbass defamation.jpg (1018KB, 1177x1953px) Image search: [Google]
dumbass defamation.jpg
1018KB, 1177x1953px
>>91420523
here, I fixed your retarded pic so it looks less retarded.

You can't dedicate half an image defaming someone attacking someone barely related to the them.

You are still a spamming dumbass
>>
>>91441890

doesn't help that that fuckin timeline goes back to 2011... how long did it take to go through and cherry pick all that crap...
>>
>>91422415
Everything you said, plus;

>Draw MJ as a sexy model again, make her a sexy model again. Make Peter a freelance photographer for the Bugle who gives guest lessons at Midtown or Xavier's in costume occasionally.

>Bring back the crazy hair and costumes and art. Give Cap his wings and flared gloves back, give Hawkeye his classic costume back, give the F4 their light blue costumes, give the X-Men their 90s cartoon costumes. No one cares about practicality, so the costumes shouldn't be dull.

>Get rid of Miles, Kamala, Sam Alexander, Gwenpool, etc.

>Make Tony Stark a fancypants business man again, like MCU Howard mixed with Walt Disney.

>Make Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch into Mutants and Magneto's kids again.

>Focus on good stories rather than big events. Iron Man goes to a fancy party and gets drugged by one of The Mandarin's henchmen, Spider-Man and Daredevil take down one of Kingpin's heroin deals. The F4 explore.

>Stop being ashamed to be a comic book. Go all out with the ridiculousness, but take it seriously in-universe.

>Inhumans become a secret society living on the moon again, and are demoted to F4 supporting characters. Guardians can have their own ongoing, but rarely interact with Earth heroes.

>Stop over-using SHIELD. Make them shady as hell again. Make Black Widow a shady antihero/villain, a spy and gun for hire, not an Avenger.

>If a supporting character doesn't fit an existing trope, and can, streamline them. Ben Urich, for example. Make him like Commissioner Gordon. Always on top of things, works with the street level heroes, tough-as-nails, tells them when shit is going down that they might not have known about without it.

>Keep the year ambiguous. Not too many pop culture references.

Make Marvel Great Again
>>
>>91441965
it's literally one of those kids that is growing up with /pol/ rhetoric obsessed with finding de ebil brown beople everywhere.

He had a good find showing a stupidly opinionated insider (the kind that actually lets shit happen if it agrees with them) that got pretty high in the editorship chain of command but completely screwed it up by going on tangents and putting witty remarks in between evidence.
>>
File: MvC-20161203-MvC4Details.jpg (161KB, 890x500px) Image search: [Google]
MvC-20161203-MvC4Details.jpg
161KB, 890x500px
The vs series seriously got me into comics. I wonder how much their video games affect other people and if it actually leads to more sales of their comics.
>>
>>91421669
basically, they have destroyed the reputation of the brand

people are not angry at the company. they are angry at the characters themselves. The avengers aren't established enough to go through such steep changes. They have been a niche franchise for decades until Bendis appeared.

They can't just reboot the Avengers because they famous set up is exactly the one they ruined. Going back to basics means going to a time when then Avengers were simply uninteresting. Only franchises that could withstand a reboot are Spiderman and the X-Men.

They fucked up pretty hard. Everything else has to be rebuilt, meaning if they start right now, purge every hack and shitty editor, the could easily spend 10 years with shit sales while they build up the reputation of the current set ups.

it's really a shame because there were some cool ideas in this disaster. Perhaps in the 2020s someone creative could give them the same treatment that Liefeld's characters had in the late 90s / early 00s
>>
>>91442081
>>Make Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch into Mutants and Magneto's kids again.
Never going to happen until Marvel gets the X Men film rights back. As long as they're not mutants they can use them in the MCU.
>>
>>91427322
>we're about to

Stop it. Stop this shit. It's not a sports team, and even if it was, you're sure as fuck not a player on the team.

And Marvel sucks. They suck HARD. People who stand to make money off of Marvel's success are admitting they suck, and they're the ones who should be pushing Marvel the hardest.

But they can't.

Because. Marvel. Sucks.
>>
File: Marvel Gripe 07-22-1985.png (58KB, 735x858px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Gripe 07-22-1985.png
58KB, 735x858px
>>91429601
>He is also the architect of the event cycle.

Always nice to have the archives handy.
>>
>>91420161
I honestly don't care. I'm never throwing so much as another penny their way again. I was a fan (my first comic I ever bought was actually a Daredevil comic back in 92). In the last few years, they've done everything they can to shit on my opinions, wave their dicks (female) in my face, and generally tell me that I'm not their target demographic.

Fine by me. I can take a hint. And, believe it or not, I'm not just going to forget about this whole thing when they decide to admit that brownwashing every character might have not been the best strategy. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>91443183
>1985
Holy shit. I forgot Google Groups could go back that far.
>>
>>91443183

is that for reals or am I just too baked to tell?
>>
File: 1446187704934.jpg (41KB, 651x196px) Image search: [Google]
1446187704934.jpg
41KB, 651x196px
>>91445464
I'm gonna assume you're just baked
>>
>>91420714
>Step 4) BRING BACK CONTINUITY!

bro, let's be real, cape comics thrive on playing pretend like continuity actually means something.

The better the lie, the better the sales.

But let's not pretend it actually makes comics better.
>>
>>91422158
>>manga

One Punch Man is better than most of the comics I've read all year
>>
You nerds are the worst. All Marvel needs to do is put out fewer, better books.

That's what DC's Rebirth boiled down to. That's what a "rebirth" for Marvel would look like.
>>
>>91420161
You seem to have posted the wrong image OP. Let me correct this for you.
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.