[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

o5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

WHY WON'T THEY SEND THEM BACK ALREADY, THERES IS NO REASON TO HAVE THEM HERE, JUST FUCKING CREATE MORE CHARACTERS INSTEAD OF BRINGING OLD ONES BACK AND MAKING THEM SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT FUCKING BENDIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>91417949
There's nowhere for them to go back to. 616 was destroyed in Secret War and everyone's now living in a lookalike universe that has its own O5 in the past who were never time-stolen.
>>
>>91417949
They sell more than new teenage X-men

Apparently people like Jean Grey and Iceman before they became overpowered, Cyclops before he became a hardass leader and Beast before he became a furfag.
>>
IT's because of Jean Grey. Jean fags are the worst. You know they voted her in to both MUA2 and Marvel Heroes?
>>
>>91418250
>and Beast before he became a furfag.
BULLSHIT!
>>
>>91418250
>Beast before he became a race-traitor
Fixed.
>>
>>91418250
>Beast before he became a furfag.

The most popular era for Beast was when he was an Avenger and palling around with Wonder Man. During this time he was jumping around fucking everywhere and always in a good mood, often the smart aleck fun life of the party. He was the god damn bounding Beast. Learn some comic book history, man.
>>
>>91417949
This is a joke, right? They're the O5 from the real earth 616 now living in an alternate universe
>>
>>91418250
But JEAAAAANNN is better off dead, Rightclops is the best he has ever been, beast is a race traitor who should be on the avengers or inhumans or whatever fuck him. And literally no one gives a fuck about Bobby or Warren
>>
>>91417949
>Thought this was an X-Men/Voltron Legendary Defender crossover for some reason
goddammit
>>
File: IMG_8818.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8818.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>91417949
They literally can't.
>>
>>91418250
>They sell more than new teenage X-men
Well, it sells better than Young X-Men, but worse than New X-Men.
Current sales are lower than they've been in ages for the whole line.

Not a single X-book broke 40k in February (excluding the IvX event).
Highest seller was Old Man Logan. Lowest was All New.
>>
File: IMG_8819.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8819.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>91418715
>>
File: IMG_8820.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8820.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>91418769
>>
File: IMG_8821.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8821.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>91418824
The End.
>>
Why did they change Jean's costume again? Her new one with the half-skirt is pure sex.
>>
File: 1464499391308.jpg (1MB, 1200x1822px) Image search: [Google]
1464499391308.jpg
1MB, 1200x1822px
>>91418715
>>91418769
>>91418824

So if they're from a different reality's past, how does that whole past/present gay Iceman bit make sense?
>>
>>91418864
It's always Apocalypse and his dasterdly plans...
>>
>>91418725
If they created a New X-Men book now it would almost definitely sell worse than All New
>>
>>91418979
>So if they're from a different reality's past
They're not. They're from 616's past, but the timeline repaired itself to fix the paradox and put them back in. Galactus explained this over in Ultimates and Beast mentions it here:
>>91418824
>>
>>91418725
>>91418725
I blame marvel unlimited. There is now finally a way to easily read all the past xmen stuff for like $6 a month and you can read any of the current things after like 6 months when you would just trade wait anyway

>>91418894
cause the half skirt is misogyny
>>
>>91418864
Fuck, man...
>>
>>91418343
>>91418399
People like fur-less Beast though. That's what was likable about Ultimate Beast, about X-men First Class (both the comic and the movies)

There's something about a guy with big feet
>>
>>91419030
Oh absolutely. Generation X is gonna sell like shit.
But so will most of the new titles.

My point is that Marvel's mismanagement of the brand is having an impact on the sales.

Stupid shit like stretching a MAYBE two-year premise (original X-Men in the present) for five years and continuing indefinitely.
>>
>>91419042

I see.

Gay Iceman is still stupid.
>>
>>91418864
what the fuuuuuuuuuuuck???
>>
>>91419206
I... want Generation X to be a breakout... but I know it's not gonna be.
>>
>>91419425
I want it to be good, but I expect it wont be.

Only X-Book I think will be really worth following is Cable.
>>
Baby steps. They already turned them into atl versions of the real O5. So they are on the path to getting rid of them. In a handful of years they will be just as irrelevant as Hope.
>>
>>91418308
We'll see how her book sells.
>>
>>91419689
Nah they're sticking around.
>>
>>91418418
Still could be a retro 616 out there. Might explain generations.
>>
>>91417949
Their world got fucked during the incursions.
But seriously, when Marvel is ever gonna get that no one gives a shit about the O5 as a group?
>>
>>91418864
This is so fucking young adult that it fucking hearts
>>
>>91417982
If that's the case then they should stop talking like they have a home to go back to. Their prologue story had them arguing about whether or not they'd be going back.
>>
>>91419689
Remember when they never replaced kid Tony?
>>
>>91420141
They think that there might be an alternate universe for them to go back to, they want to find out for sure.
>>
>>91420023
They're never going back. Plenty of other dulipcates on prime earth as well won't.

Who knows what generations will also do.
>>
>>91420187
Even then they might have teen jean stay. She gets all the pushes on event covers and generations.
>>
>>91420202
>Who knows what generations will also do.
Literally nothing
>>
>>91420277
It will do stuff.

Marvel can use generations to write easy access versioms of old characters.
>>
>>91420347
It's literally nothing.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
>Is this self-contained? Is this an alternate timeline?
>In one word: No.
>"These stories do happen, they really count. They really matter. This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained.
>This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/04/marvels-generations-anyway/
>The series will see current, more diverse or younger heroes, getting “zapped” out of the universe for a second or two, for a one-off adventure with their legacy equivalent character, then return back to the current Marvel Universe. That’s it. Hyping it as more than that could be a mistake. These are feel good all in one
They aren't bringing the real heroes back. It's just a bunch of time travel alternate non important stories. Because they LIED TO US. HOUSE OF LIES!!!!!
>>
>>91418824
>That skintight outfit on Jean
MUH PHOENIX
>>
File: 1489334206601.jpg (494KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
1489334206601.jpg
494KB, 1280x1968px
>>91418864
Yup, X-men truly ended with tpic related. Everything afterwards does not exist as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>91418864
OH FUCK YOU
>>
>>91420187

The whole point of trying to get back home to their original time was TO GET HOME.
Home not existing anymore means that there's no place left to go. Any alternate dimension they find without any O5 around (and with infinite realities in the multiverse there's one or two out there) isn't their home dimension any more than the AoA timeline is.
Kid Cyclops is just freaking out because the future sucks for him more than the rest of them, he's not asking to go home, he's asking for a way to ditch on 616. I guess nobody ever told him about suicide being an option.

>>91420264

Yeah, and?
For real people, I just don't understand the uberlove for the middle-aging Jean with the canonical continuity of an M.C.Escher picture.
Hot young Jean is superficially better than not hot not young Jean, and it's not as if there's any difference in the personalities: Jean's a hot mess in any era.
>>
>>91423714
They time traveled to the past of 616. They thought they were from the past of the current reality

Beast travelled back there and it looks like the O5 of 616 never left.
That means that there is a reality out there somewhere where these O5 actually did leave, so they want to know if there is a place for them to go back to.

That's the premise of the new book. Not whatever garbage Hopeless is writing
>>
>>91418715
> it's okay to kill all of them and there will be zero consequences

we shouldn't, because…?
>>
>>91423714
>I guess nobody ever told him about suicide being an option.
I haven't been keeping up, shouldn't Emma be raping him right about now?
>>
>>91418824
> WE CAN STILL GO TO OUR PERFECT HOME WHERE WE BELONG
Cyclops Prime
>>
>>91420146
Ah yes, the mid '90s ...
I seem to remember there being a few anons posting about how that was the golden era.

Kid Tony and alien suit War Machine and Heroes Reborn and superslut wardrobe malfunction Sue Storm and no-nose Wolverine were the height of quality in some anon's eyes,
but I don't see it.
Of course, that crap was such ... well, crap ... that there was actual planning to make The Ultimates Universe the big epic redo of Marvel comics. Why? Because Bendis was writing Spider-Man right in it.
And now we have Bendis in charge and his critically acclaimed era of crazy shit happening every year.

(also, Hope is still an open-ended unresolved plot twist - so she's not getting erased like the kid Tony was)
>>
>>91423714
Hot young Jean isn't even hot young Jean anymore. She looks dumpy and grouchy in her new design.
>>
>>91418864
A U TI S M
>>
>>91423080
The Rightclops era does have some redeeming feature.

And i mean this concretely, it was an interesting status quo that despite being poorly utilized under Bendis, provided fertile ground for some genuine quality stuff. Si Spurrier did a damn good job with it in X-men Legacy and X-force.
>>
>>91424601
>The Rightclops era does have some redeeming feature.
Well, it gave Scott an actual characterization for the first time since 1962 or whenever the book started. No seriously, I started reading X-Men in the 80s and he was the thing that sucked all life out of every scene he was in, defined exclusively by his love for whatever redhead was nearest.
>>
File: FABULOUS_2_Darling_.jpg (24KB, 186x285px) Image search: [Google]
FABULOUS_2_Darling_.jpg
24KB, 186x285px
>>91423808

For fuck's sake, Bendis already explained this in that issue where Utau was watching Beast sleep.
And they had Galactus explain the technical details in The Ultimates.
This is 100% the canon now. And has been for a while.
They're just hitting you over the head with it now because there's still slow-witted children who still didn't get it.

>>91423977

YES.
>>
>>91424639
Mainly because Claremont intended for his character to find closure with Maddie, but editorial wouldn't allow that. Plus this more militant Cyclops started way before Bendis took on the book. Around theformation of his own X-force team.
>>
File: 40_20.jpg (697KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
40_20.jpg
697KB, 1000x1537px
>>91424721
The O5 aren't sure, they want to find out for themselves. The fact that they time travelled and saw the past and it wasn't missing them is causing them to question the previous interpretation

Yes it contradicts previous continuity and explanations.
No it doesn't make sense
But this is what the current explanation is.
Welcome to comics
>>
File: 40_21.jpg (698KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
40_21.jpg
698KB, 1000x1537px
>>91424815
>>
>>91424734
>"editorial"

Marvel's editorial department was just one contributor to this part of the character's development. As is the case with many comic characters.
However, Marvel's characters are more prone to what I like to call an influence of the zeitgeist.
Remember that the list of influential hands in this include not only the editorial department, but also the character's creator, the fan response, the rules of censorship at the time, continuity mistakes, seeded story foreshadowings that were never followed though upon, and internal conflicts between the writers ... and I'm forgetting stuff here. It's a witches brew with no recipe.
For the record, there wasn't many places to take his character for the longest time because they fucked up his happy ending when Claremont wrote Phoenix-Jean as a murderess, so for there to be a morality tale comeuppance she can't retire in peace to marry Scott. Maddie was invented to take her place, turning Scott into a shallow man with a wandering eye and later into a manipulated puppet, but stories about Maddie's origins that contradicted each other, the editorial decision to bring Jean back from the dead for X-Factor, the fact that you can't raise a baby in a monthly or kill a child in a 'Code' comic, several stories in a row where Scott goes nuts - thus changing the fan's idea of the character, writers unwilling to take chances and so retreading old motivations, etc... etc...
... all of that created a character with three default settings: obsessive headcase, obsessive romantic, or obsessive workaholic with little to no identity beyond that.

And FYI: Bendis wrote House-of-M, where Scott first called for a superhero policy of killing. That predates his first X-Force team by about six months. At least. And before that Stan Lee himself was involved with Scott's continuously angry post-Apocalypse-possession characterization.
>>
>>91424815
Of course it contradicts previous continuity, it's a paradox. That's the point. That's the literal definition.
As for past explanations? Like when they said they broke time? Time's fucking broken.
Are you talking about /co/ headcanon explanations? Those don't count. In comics they've always said that time was broken by this, as in not what it was, as in having changed from it's basic form.
It makes sense, the logic is relatively linear: a paradox broke time - a new timeline is born in it's place - there's no home timeline for these O5 anymore,
it's one - two - three. Very simple. Learn it this time.

> I'm going to condescend to you now by welcoming you to your first issue of a comic book ever.
Welcome to comic books, you freakin' moron. 'Hope you somehow don't survive from a papercut.
This explanation you've posted is the same basic bulletpoint explanation they've been giving all along. Stop pretending you've caught them in a great big lie. You have not.
>>
>>91420650
>>91423714

Stop posting bs.

Theyre backkkkk.
>>
>>91418979
yes and jean is a cunt
>>
>>91419425
That's the book where the author mentioned how eyeboy could "see his male white hetro whatever" privilege. Doesn't bode well if that's a character description. Also the poor cunts a mutant with eyes all over him, he's got fuck all privilege.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.