[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i get into calarts, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7963.png (239KB, 400x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7963.png
239KB, 400x356px
How do i get into calarts, /co/?
>>
>>91417128
draw a bean, give it a face
>>
>>91417167
Im serious
>>
>>91417128
Tell them of your Disney fascination as if it's some kind of force that propels your very existence
>>
I would like to know as well, I'm turning 30
>>
>>91417128
>>91418438

They like quick drawings that can tell a story, technical skill doesn't matter as much (so don't construct your figure drawings like Andrew Loomis) go for the feeling of a drawing. Observe the world around you and caricature it, the places, the people, whatever. They have resources that can help build your work, but they do cost money. Online portfolio course, CSSSA (If you're still in high school), summer session (if you're out of high school). Experiment with shit, find your own voice, and don't drawing anime.
>>
>>91417449
I don't know how old you are, but I suppose it's worth mentioning that you're never too old to go to art school.

A big part of applying is submitting an entire sketchbook's worth of your work. Nothing specific, but you're going to have to show that you really know how to draw, especially when it comes to the human figure. Some people post online what they submitted so you can see what gets accepted and what gets rejected.

CalArts also has a summer program that is open to students from other schools. The submission for this isn't as hefty, but you still need to prove your abilities.

It's fine to want to go to CalArts, but don't make it your only option.
>>
>>91420241
Okay, thanks anon for the help. Im twenty and want to make my dream of becoming a storyboarder a reality before i get to old
>>
>>91420241
CalArts is the best option in America, simply due to the connections you make there. It's your best bet at being able to get your own show.
>>
>>91417128
>>91420241
Where can I find those sketch books please
>>
>>91421631
Usually on Youtube. Look up more recent ones. Older ones can be outdated.
>>
File: Tumblr Character Guide.jpg (119KB, 600x978px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr Character Guide.jpg
119KB, 600x978px
>>91417128
>>
>>91417128
Watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5q6hwK13t4
>>
Be a SJW and draw really great and detailed art and then draw dumbed down simple art.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.