[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question Rebirth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: The-Question-.jpg (147KB, 900x1180px) Image search: [Google]
The-Question-.jpg
147KB, 900x1180px
When will he be back in the Rebirth?
>>
>>91414869
I find it difficult to care.
I mean, obviously I'd rather have Question proper running around over that nonsense they did with him in the New 52, but I'm not sure how interested I'd be.

I make no exaggeration when I say that O'Neil/Cowan's run is perfect, so everything else done with him pales in comparison.

But if he were to show up, I'd like it to be in Deathstroke.
>>
>>91415052
>Christopher Priest Question
Oh man, now I want something I’m never going to get.
>>
Not until Grant Morrison is gone from DC/back on DC's shit list.

Morrison demanded a moritorium on anyone using Question (which killed off Trinity of Sin Question and SS Vic Sage) save him, so he can use Vic as bait to force people to read his bullshit plagerized version of Watchmen called Pax America when and if Grant ever decides to revisit the one shot.
>>
>>91416914
Do you have anything to back that up?
>>
>>91416914
I don't believe this is true because Blue Beetle was also part of that rumor and Ted is back.
>>
>>91415052
The late 80s Question series though is plagued with some ultra horrifically bad art. Legit shit artwork that made the book outright unreadable by the last year and a half it was being published.

So bad, I partly wish DC would just front the money for a big name artist (Jim Lee, Greg Land, George Perez, even fucking John Romita Jr) to redraw the entire series using O'Neil's original scripts as a series of graphic novels.
>>
>>91416914
You know this tired meme makes no sense given that Geoff Johns brought the Watchmen into the DC Universe.
>>
>>91416914
Trinity of Sin was cancelled because it sold like dogshit.
>>
>>91417011
To be fair, Grant seems more fixated on giving Moore a "fuck you" by redoing Watchmen with the Charlton characters (which Alan was forbidden from doing) than outright writing the Watchmen themselves.

Hell, they could have given him Before Watchmen to write entirely and even let him use Dr Manhattan outright. But breaking the Charlton characters, something that Moore was forbidden to do, is what he wants simply so he can rub it into Moore's face.
>>
>>91417127
Still waiting on any sort of source.
>>
>>91417198
I'm pretty sure it's just a bullshit rumor started by BC. There's no real source for it. People just repeat it over the years.
>>
>>91414869
Yes, but it will by Montoya, and most of the issues will be about her failing relationship with woman batman
>>
>>91417279
Of course.
Like the old classic "Chris Claremont used to totally pay hookers to dress up like Storm and fuck him with a strap-on."

>>91417324
They clearly tossed that out the window when they brought back Renee as just herself.
It was for the best. Rucka kept trying to take her in a weird (and dumb) direction.
>>
>>91417371
Get ready for it to happen again, you want Question? You're going to get Female Question whose biggest mysteries are trying to figure out where Kate is planning on taking her for dinner that week
>>
>>91415052
The version of Question in OP is also good in a different way.
>>
>>91417371
Renee only became Question because Rucka's a piece of shit who was pissy that no one bought or gave a fuck about Gotham Central and the book was finally being taken out back and shot in the head Old Yeller style during Infinite Crisis, after DC spent years propping it up as a favor to Rucka.

He wanted to trick fans who were starting to get into Question due to JLU to buy a Renee book so he could continue a failed book no one gave a shit about. And rightfully DC realized the colossal mistake Rucka made, via not giving Renee her own book and only allowing Ruck to have one of the two Renee minis he was allowed to write to actually use the Question codename on the title.
>>
I'd only read a new question series if he browsed /pol/
>>
File: 1407798428286.png (190KB, 331x327px) Image search: [Google]
1407798428286.png
190KB, 331x327px
>>91415052
>so everything else done with him pales in comparison.
That's a shame. I've read up to the last 2 Quarterly issues of O'Neil's run a few weeks back and really want more.
>mfw reading last page of issue 36
That might be one of my favorite comics pages of all time
>>
>>91417632
To fair, and again this is urban legend so mileage may vary on whether or not it's true or just gossip, but Rucka allegedly wanted to backpedal on killing Vic off in 52 because he realized fans would hate him for killing Vic ala Firestorm and Blue Beetle. Morrison found out about Rucka having cold feet and basically belittled him for giving a shit about what fans thought of him and told him he should stay the course and kill Vic.....

Granted this was around the same time Grant was calling comic fans "Little Hitlers" and comic fans online as "mass murderers stuck in the Phantom Zone" in terms of hating his customer base. So again, may be true and may not be true....
>>
>>91416988
>So bad, I partly wish DC would just front the money for a big name artist (Jim Lee, Greg Land, George Perez, even fucking John Romita Jr)
Holy shit. I never thought it possible to have this much shit taste. I am serious,Cowan may not have been the best of the 80s but he is miles above any of the shit you just posted
>>
>>91417371
>Chris Claremont used to totally pay hookers to dress up like Storm and fuck him with a strap-on
Haven't you? And you call yourself a comic fan...
>>
File: 3572290-08.jpg (667KB, 1440x2214px) Image search: [Google]
3572290-08.jpg
667KB, 1440x2214px
New 52 Question is an amnesiac Vic, resurrected by the Religion of Crime. They used a Fourth World artifact, known to them as The Spear of the First Deicide. Its Apokoliptic properties corrupt him and send him far back in time where he usurps Vandal Savage to become the fated Faceless, the head of the Religion of Crime.

The series is about Renee trying to restore the memory of her old mentor, taking him everywhere from Hub City to Nanda Parbat. Bringing him face to face with his past.

He must remember. He has to. It's still Vic...right?
>>
>>91414869
I just found a trade of O'Neils Question in a bargain bin. And it also makes me want someone to write a good Lady Shiva, god damn those two are interesting with each other.

But i doubt anyone will write her well anymore, those days are gone
>>
>>91418192
Wait, was it the first trade?

If so you are one lucky SOB.
>>
File: 20170409_200743.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170409_200743.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>91418260
Nah but 2.50 is amazing. I can't believe some of the gems i have found in bargain bins.
>>
>>91414869
I kinda wish he didn't, or if he did he was a completely different character from O'Neil run.
Between O'Neil run and 52 he is one of the few characters that actually have a conclusive character arc, i don't think there is anything to add to his story, or that i could be told any better.
>>
>>91420553
>few characters that actually have a conclusive character arc
Cape characters i meant.
>>
>>91417737
Bought the whole run as a bundle of floppies at my LCS 2 weeks ago for 30$.
>>
>>91415133
I don't know anon. Don't doubt the man.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.