[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/ Musicals thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 123421421.jpg (268KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
123421421.jpg
268KB, 800x800px
What did /co/ think of pic related? Just watched it and thought it was fantastic.
I honestly wouldn't mind a live action remake if they used the musical and hired actual singers

Also, general /co/ musicals thread I guess, I know you faggots like Heathers animatics and shit.
>>
File: Veronica.png (52KB, 290x307px) Image search: [Google]
Veronica.png
52KB, 290x307px
>>91414034
>Heathers animatics
You've summoned us.

But in all seriousness, I would fucking kill for a live action movie based off this play. Too bad we're getting Mulan instead, meaning it'll probably be another two years at least if they decide to ever do it.
>>
File: hmb.jpg (43KB, 660x340px) Image search: [Google]
hmb.jpg
43KB, 660x340px
GOAT
>>
>>91414655
They will, live action remakes are the hottest shit for Disney right now. Their big problem is they constantly hire non-singers to do singing roles.

Also, I don't think modern Disney would touch anything as heavy on religion as Hunchback these days, and the musical version cranks up the religion quite a bit.
>>
>>91414034
the cast recording was garbage compared to the bootleg soundtrack
>>
File: Twisted_dvd_cover.png (179KB, 200x281px) Image search: [Google]
Twisted_dvd_cover.png
179KB, 200x281px
>>91414749
Looks like you accedentaly posted the wrong Starkid musical. Let me help you out.
>>
>>91414975
2nd goat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRM5MXZVeGs
>>
>>91414975
Twisted is a league of it's own, man.

It's fucking spectacular. If there's one Starkid I'd love to see a proper movie version of, that's it.
>>
>>91414975
In case people haven't heard the best non -Disney Disney song https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zKWt-4FBjHY
>>
>>91415258
this is a fucking ride of a song the guy who plays jafar is so good
>>
>>91414823
I haven't seen the musical but with the rapey subtext in malifacent Disney has gotten a little more ballsy
>>
>>91415663
The whole musical basically takes a far more faithful approach to the book, meaning Esmeralda dies at the end and Quasimodo outright murders Frollo in anger. Also brothels and calling Esmeralda a whore several times.
Also, religion is still a pretty touchy subject in children's entertainment, and like I said, the musical is very heavy on the Christianity.
>>
>>91414655
>I would fucking kill for a live action movie based off this play. Too bad we're getting Mulan instead, meaning it'll probably be another two years at least if they decide to ever do it.

More like 5 years at least with how many projects Disney already has in development. Disney already has 20+ live action remakes (or in some cases 'sequel-reboots') in various stages currently.

>>91414823
>Also, I don't think modern Disney would touch anything as heavy on religion as Hunchback these days, and the musical version cranks up the religion quite a bit.

They're developing a live action Chernabog movie which is meant to be heavy on religion, symbolism and horror so anythings possible.
>>
I want Disney to make a musical based on The Count of Monte Cristo.

Hell To Your Doorstep animated by Disney would look amazing.
As long as they did it on 2D
>>
>>91415258
Literally and inarguably the best Starkid song

Although I really like this one, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtogjU6kFfQ
>>
>>91414034
I would've loved to see Le Misérables animated. And with better singers than the one in the movie.
>>
>>91414034
Since reading the book, I've wanted a Laika-style stop-motion adaptation, even though I know it'd only carry the setting (and a Frollo puppet would look awesome) and probably not the plot/characters. The adult animation market isn't exactly thriving, and I'm uncertain how appealing an adult animated drama would be, so it might end up being softened up for a child audience, and that's not what I want either. The book is a lot like a soap opera, anyway. Very pulp-y and unintentionally silly at times.

>>91417422
I don't know if Les Mis would be best serviced by animation. I think a musical is the best way to translate the book into a different medium. But an animated musical might work, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>91417422
>>91417748
Ohhhhhhh wait, I get what you mean by an animated musical. It doesn't matter what the singers look like or even if they can act, so they can get the best singers and handle the rest in animation. Gotchya. Smart thinking.
>>
File: 1489996717351.jpg (54KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
1489996717351.jpg
54KB, 760x570px
>>91417177
>VPM is better than the legit, Rowling endorsed Harry Potter stage production
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.