[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any chance for xmen comics to be great again? Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4697.jpg (244KB, 740x1137px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4697.jpg
244KB, 740x1137px
Is there any chance for xmen comics to be great again? Marvel just keeps fucking with them...
>>
File: cyke.png (120KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
cyke.png
120KB, 730x1095px
>>91413073
>Is there any chance for xmen comics to be great again?
wen he comes back
>>
>When The X Men sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending Kirby. They're not sending Claremont. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing retarded plotlines. They're bringing Bendis. They're islamic supremacist bigots. And some, I assume, are good people."
>>
>>91413073
It's too soon for another universal reboot, so not for another 5 - 15 years, no

with any luck we'll all be dead by then
>>
File: the x-23_beeg.png (627KB, 744x764px) Image search: [Google]
the x-23_beeg.png
627KB, 744x764px
>>91413073
when they put good writers on it and stop pushing dumb shit like O5 or the Inhumans.

so its gonna be awhile.
>>
>>91413073
>Avengers are shit
>well, that's just because Marvel sucks
>Guardians are shit
>Spider-man is shit
>X-men is shit
>REEEEEE WHY IS MARVEL OUT TO GET THE X-MEN! NO ONE ELSE GETS THIS TREATMENT
Good ol' X-fags.
>>
>>91413378
Op here
I like all those teams, it's just xmen is my favorite one.
>>
>>91413073
Bring back Morrison quitely, until then no, sadly the least you can expect is anti semitic messages in issue 1
>>
>>91413073
No.
I am genuinely convince the X-Men have completely run their course as a franchise.
>>
>>91413170
Bretty good. In all serious though fuck Bendis. He just forces his OC's in hopes that he gets that movie money. The Ned Leeds/ Gank was a fuck you he deserved.
>>
>>91413883
this.

it already takes forever to read 60s first class era all the way through 90s age of apocalypse event. and if you include the new mutants, x-factor, wolverine solo, x-force, generation x, and deadpool solo titles, there is so much material just in the 80s and 90s, how can it possibly not get stale in 2017?
>>
Bring in a famous writer with a distinctive style, give him a small team with a lot of X-Men history behind it, and let him tell some stories without having to participate in crossovers.

This describes the Morrison and Whedon runs (with basically the same core cast) which were the most popular of the '00s.

Since Marvel is having trouble attracting top talent and prefers to steer them away from X-Men when they get them, this is not going to happen, but that's the basic formula.
>>
>>91413213

What universal reboot? Secret Wars? The reboot that didn't reboot anything?
>>
>>91414876
That explains why he was so assblasted over the Ned Leeds character in Homecoming. lol
>>
>>91414990

Let be honest here, no one reads or will read any comic books from before 1980, except for /co/ purists. And lets be honest, even then they will be reading only select arcs and books that are already considered classics.
>>
>>91415196
I think the point is that there's no more ground for the X-Men to cover.

Even when they're just retreading old stories (which is constantly), it gets worse every time.
>>
SEND
THE
FUCKING
ORIGINAL
FIVE
BACK!!!

THERE IS NO REASON TO HAVE THESE FIVE CHARACTERS EVERYWHERE JUST SO YOU CAN HAVE JEAN GREY BACK!
>>
>>91415304
>JUST SO YOU CAN HAVE JEAN GREY BACK!
Cyclops is dead, Angel is currently Archangel, and Beast has suffered so much character assassination as to be unusable. The only one of the O5 that's redundant is Iceman and he's not going anywhere because they get to count him as two gay heroes despite being the same person and Marvel desperately wants people to not realise they have an almost complete lack of gay heroes.
>>
All the good and interesting xmen are dead. Who really wants to read about Rachel Grey, young Beast, and Jubilee?
>>
>>91415353
>Rachel Grey
>not one of the most interesting X-men
wew lad
>>
>>91415296

I think the whole Marvel Universe could be retreated IF they took precautions and did it slowly and for a new audience. Dc's Rebirth is working wonders, and there is no reason why not do it and erase the crazy continuity.

Of course there is the problem of old fans, but they will probably buy the comics anyway if they don't fuck with them like they are doing now.
>>
>>91415196
Everyone eventually goes back and reads tons of shit they swore they's never bother with.
Once you adjust to the increased text of older comics, the new ones are impossible to enjoy.
>>
>>91415304
They are stuck in continuity now. Plus it means they never have to bring Jean Grey and Cyclops back from the dead.
>>
Maybe around fall time
>>
>>91415344
>arvel desperately wants people to not realise they have an almost complete lack of gay heroes.

It's that kind of thinking that's the reason they retconned him gay in the first place. Marvel doesn't even know Marvel has gay characters because they don't use them
>>
>>91416624
They've got plenty of lesbians, but as far as gay characters go (discounting the ones they made/retconned to fill the tumblr pandering quota in the past few years), it's pretty much just Northstar. Rictor, Shatterstar, and Hercules are bi.
>>
>>91416831
How do you forget about Anole, Morph, Wiccan, Hulkling, Cullan Bloodstone or Striker?
>>
>>91417194
>a bunch of teenagers
Meh.
>>
>>91417194
The green ones are cool. The rest suck balls in more ways than one.
>>
>>91413073
I think they'll get better when Fox and Marvel starting fighting with each other.
>>
>>91413073
>X-men blue

That's what I've been saying for years!
>>
>>91417648
You got me good with that one. Nice.
>>
The X-books will be good when Marvel gets the film rights back from Fox. it's simple as that

They are not going to waste good talent on the x-books who might accidentally create a good character/arc that Fox adapts into a film that resets the clock on the rights

I don't like it, but it is very smart business sense. chris fucking claremont isn't allowed to create new x-characters and his x-stuff hasn't been good for years and would be his own little pocket sub-universe, and marvel wouldn't let him do it, so no chance good talents gets to
>>
>>91421298
They wont waste good talent.
Can't waste what you aint got.
>>
>>91421363
true kek

but ewing seems to be doing fine on his own, duggan too. they won't have them on the x-books just in case, they seem to be the only good writers marvel has right now

hickman is coming back but i doubt he's going to fix the x-books. they've had warren fucking ellis do moonknight and try to help boost carol and even fucking karnak. and yet nowhere near x-men.

there's a reason x-books are recycling plots and shilling inhumans. or having the O5 do a "NEW EXPERIENCE in the FUTURE WORLD." they don't want to accidentally create something good that Fox adapts
>>
>>91421298
So what's the excuse for GotG and Captain Carol and a ton of books they've got the movie rights to being so terrible?
>>
>>91421547
that's the opposite problem

they are catering to normies with LOOK AT OUR SYNERGY, JUST LIKE MY MOVIES (gotg)

carol's book is shit because guess what, she's never been an outstanding character. she's female alcoholic (they barely acknowledge this) hal jordan. even reed's book was average at best. but at least he tried to build up the character the right way, rogues gallery, expanding on backstory, it's just a long process that takes time to stick, because not everything will be good of course and you have to let it settle

nu-carol suffers from "omg you're so amazing yasssssssss" syndrome that you see infecting other stuff like america chavez. her being the opposite side to tony in CW II is a complete insult because at its core its supposed to be an ideological battle, and she lacks tony's intelligence and cap's ideal embodiment of a dream

but with the x-books? they just don't give a fuck
>>
>>91421887
OK, so what makes you think that the exact same thing wouldn't happen to the X-books if they got the rights back?
>>
>>91422023
they'd at least give it some stability at first before they'd make MCU x-films. since they have so many films in the pipeline at the moment. we'd probably get 1-2 good years of x-books at least before synergy cancer

Fox has a more positive track record on the films and marvel would just avoid old stories just like they're doing with spider-man/avoiding raimi/webb because it's still fresh in the public's head

you bet your ass they'd revive cyclops and wolverine ASAP, although the latter is probably coming back in a year or 2 anyway.

marvel's only take on an x-film would probably be the O5, which fox never really adapted. which unfortunately means they wouldn't send them back in time to the past or we'd get a full x-book relaunch

just look at gotg, barely acknowledges annihilation or other original stuff, peter is movie han solo meme, drax is a dumb idiot, etc
>>
>>91413073
Not unless they change their approach considerably. The pacing of modern comics is far, far too slow to get the character development, interpersonal relationships, AND action needed for a really good X-Men comic.
>>
Give us more Colossus.
>>
File: Dumpster_fire.jpg (181KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dumpster_fire.jpg
181KB, 358x500px
>>91413073
Nope. Grant Morrison did everything you could with the franchise. Everything since has been shallow replication of his work without actually understanding the metaphysics or philosophical thesis.

Or writers just copy/paste Claremont's brand of X-Men to keep long time X-Fans hooked.

At this point, I have no desire to ever pick up another X-Men comic, or any Marvel comic, for that matter.
>>
It's a weird feeling when you don't particularly mind the O5 because the X-books have been garbage for decades,and yet I have come to realize this is true for me.
>>
File: MARY_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg (54KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
MARY_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg
54KB, 340x450px
>>91413073
>>
>>91415344
>they have an almost complete lack of gay heroes

In what universe?
>>
>>91421298
Don't you get it. The movie advertises the comic. If the comic made a good character and fox snatched it up, no one would watch it. No one would've watched gaurdians of the galaxy if it wasn't Disney. Plus at least fox is willing to take a risk with its movies, unlike Disney who just shits out the same movie over an over.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.