[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Because the thread just now was deleted: What 's your opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: bvs.jpg (95KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
95KB, 800x1280px
Because the thread just now was deleted: What 's your opinion on this movie? I'n considering watching it again because I feel like I might have had the wrong mindset when I first saw it.

Do you find it worthwhile?
>>
No.
>>
>>91407469
>I might have had the wrong mindset when I first saw it
Was that mindset "this might not be so bad" because yes that was the wrong mindset
>>
>>91407469
>Because the thread just now was deleted
Then why did you make a new thread?
>>
>>91407469
Didnt you make this thread yesterday?
>>
It wasn't as bad as the reviews said it was. I didn't feel like the money I paid to see it was wasted.

But it wasn't great, either, and some elements felt like they just really missed the mark.
>>
I thought it was appallingly terrible. Nothing about the sequencing of the movie or the framing of characters seemed good. It was like someone bought entirely into the 'superheroes = new myths/gods' argument while failing at even a basic level of humanization that made e.g. the gods in an old Harryhausen movie enjoyable to watch. Nothing has ever been less inspiring that Superman looking sulky staring around at bomb wreckage.

What's weird is I thought Man of Steel was fine and handled the character of Superman decently so I don't know how we came to this clusterfuck of every goddamn character in this film.
>>
Never saw it, never will.
>>
>>91407673
good anon smart anon
>>
>>91407469
I like it a lot and I feel like it is a legitimately good movie but it's definitely true that it's not for everyone.
Anyone who says it's a pile of shit with no redeeming qualities is a hyperbolic idiot.
>>
>>91407708
>Anyone who says it's a pile of shit with no redeeming qualities is a hyperbolic idiot.
or has seen more than 1 movie in their lifetime
>>
The only highlights of the movie involved everyone in costume and fighting, and that's not a good thing. I liked the movie, but damnit o wanted it to be better. This was the FIRST time batman and superman, two of the most iconic super heroes ever, we're going to meet in live action, and rather than give us World's Finest we got an awful adaptation of DKR and DoS.

Honestly I feel the movie would have been 100% more enjoyable had they kept Doomsday and Wonder Woman a secret, imagine you go into the movie waiting to see batman fight superman and then suddenly you have wonder woman and fucking Doomsday, could you imagine how badly you would have marked out?

The movie itself is alright the first rime though, but falls apart during a second viewing. All in all I give it a 5/10.
>>
>>91407588

Because I have no idea why it was deleted in the middle of a discussion. Is there some new rule that we can't discuss movies based on comicbook characters on this board?

>>91407621

No. If there was one I wasn't around for it.
>>
>>91407845
I think it was deleted because it was just a bait-y company wars thread.
>>
>>91407469

The theatrical cut is a mess. Just not worth viewing except for reference to whats improved in the UE. The Ultimate Edition is pretty good, as long as you dont go in with a "NOT MUH" mindset and accept it for what it is. Though the UE still has deep flaws with the third act.
>>
>>91407871
You mean like the 300 post WW thread that's going on right now?
>>
>>91408130
there's no war just one loser who can't get with the program

everyone else is pretty much in agreement
>>
I thought it was bad and I actually went in with an open mind. I'm one of those weirdos that kinda enjoyed Man of Steel, even though it was nothing special. It had better pacing/editing at least and Zod/Faora were much better antagonists than whatever the shit Lex was.

However, after seeing Suicide Squad I realized it could be much, much worse. BvS has some good scenes (even if the final product is poor), but my god, Suicide Squad is just undefendable. I honestly don't understand how people could've liked that one.
>>
>>91408363
Drax poster is just funny at this point
>>
>>91408393
>I honestly don't understand how people could've liked that one.
"harley is haaaawt". That's what two of my friends say everytime they talk about the movie. One of them says its bad outside of that, the other one says it was a cinematic masterpiece.
>>
>>91408393
As far as Suicide Squad goes, for me at least, I enjoyed it because it wasn't trying to be this deep groundbreaking piece of cinema "kino", it knew what it was based off of and didn't try to be any thing more than a fun comic book movie.

Granted there were things for the film that I would have done differently, but it was for the tone alone that I put SS above BvS.
>>
Meh.
>>
>>91407469
I loved the movie personally.
>>
>>91408535
That's was my problem though, it wasn't even a fun comic book movie.

If it was just dumb fun, I could've just "turned my brain off" and enjoyed some stupid jokes and action scenes. Instead, half the time I was just frustrated at the schizophrenic editing and the other half of the time I was straight up bored. Not to mention the absolutely terrible fight scenes where you could barely see what was happening, at least the BvS one were better choreographed. As much as I dislike Snyder's style, he can at least shoot an action scene competently.
>>
>>91408393

No, Suicide Squad is a movie I'm sure I was absolutely right in finding terrible. Actually watching Suicide Squad was the first thing to make me reconsider my opinion on Batman v Superman.

SS is like a masterclass on how not to make an action movie.
>>
>>91408596

Did it break new grounds, though?
>>
>>91408661
Keep in mind that the week I went to go and see Suicide Squad I was neck deep in Ostrander's run, I had just picked up volume 3 so I was pretty hyped, sadly, that movie missed the tone of the comics by such a wide margin it was painful. The cool little odes like Ostrander Tower and Slipknot were nice, but damn they messed it up bad.

I also angry that the director was quoted in saying that he wouldn't release a Directors Cut because he felt he didn't need to, and then WE forced him to crank one out.

I think with better characters the movie could have been much much better and act as a nice bridge between the rest of the DCEU
>>
If you do re-watch it go with the ultimate cut. I enjoyed the movie when I first saw it in theatres. But the editing in the theatrical cut is so disjointed that it almost gave me a headache. It didn't bother me the second time I saw it though.

Is it the best movie ever? No. But it was nice to look at and had some interesting ideas that if executed better would've made the movie better. I just wish we got a MoS2 before this one desu
>>
>>91409031
Clark is desperately in need of some better character development
>>
>>91409390
He's desperately in need for ANY character development. I like Cavill as supes, but goddammit, get someone that actually likes his character to write for him, and keep snyder far the fuck away.
>>
>>91409447
>during the flood he flies people to shore
>I'm sorry, this is as far as I can take you, others still need my help..
>during the space ship exploding he sets the pod down and tears open the hatch
>Is everyone okay in here?

I'm not even a great writer, but punched up versions of these examples would have been great. Why does Clark have to look like he's having the worst time of his life while saving people?
>>
>>91409589
It's insane how any form of basic human interaction would have drastically improved any of those scenes. But instead, we get miserable frankenstein whose only connection to humanity is his mom.
>>
>>91409589
Because the entire point is that he's totally fine and happy with saving people, but humanity literally can't stop getting triggered over his existence. Remember when he was saving that Mexican girl from the fire? He was smiling reassuringly at her and the crowd, and set her down gently. Then the crowd got touchy and religious which made him rightfully uncomfortable.
>>
>>91409390
That's why we needed a MoS2. To have Clark actually being Superman for more than a day
>>
>>91407469
It's the Fan4stic of DC movies
>>
>>91409689
I'm also confused as to why Superman didn't give the woman who was fighting the giant monster with a sword and a shield the spear, the spear that weakens superman while he's near it and even more so while he's holding it...I mean, I get that Supes had to die because Snyder wanted to do death of superman, but that last act really falls apart when you start thinking about it.
>>91409873
This makes sense for that one scene, but all the other examples he's stone faced.
>>
>>91407469
11/10 movie
>>
>>91409689
His connection to humanity is Lois. But I actually really liked that moment when he called his mom for advice
>>
>>91409959
We could have gotten a cheesy scene of him saving a cat out of a tree which would have made Bruce bantering about puff pieces and save cats out of trees kind of funny
>>
>>91407469
I thought Affleck nailed Bruce Wayne, he was easily the best part of the movie, followed by WW. Supes was boring, the vision/dream was too long and unnecessary, Lex was awful, the Doomsday fight was crap.
>>
>>91410107
>followed by WW's the am music
Ftfy
>>
>>91410000
First off, nice quads.
Secondly, that's the only scene where he really has any reason to be smiling at people. Every other scene there's either no people around or something terrible just happened, like the capitol bombing. Also, he's definitely smiling whenever he saves Lois.
>>
>>91410000
>but all the other examples he's stone faced.
Because of the people who are either worshiping him as a god or wanting him to leave the planet
>>
>>91410000
I've seen this complaint a lot but it seemed weird to me that, in the middle of the fight, to have Supes take over holding the lasso just so Diana can use the spear. At this point we don't know how magic the lasso is. Would it still hold Doomsday? Or would it become like a normal rope, and he just breaks it? The entire fight would have had to be set up differently
>>
>>91407520
This was my mindset, and I was severely disappointed. It was much worse than it had ever been in my imagination.
>>
File: 20170409_155449.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170409_155449.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>91407745
>or has seen more than 1 movie in their lifetime
Not him but I think Bvs is fucking great despite having a good number of flaws and pic related is less then half my movie collection.
Your move bitch.
>>
>>91410338
Going just by the picture, you like shitty movies. Which is fine.
>>
>>91410166
He doesn't have to be smiling, anything g other than doing a batman impersonation would have been fine, but I understand what you mean here anon.
>>91410191
At some point during the fight Diana abandons her shield and tosses the lasso around DD to subdue him only to find that it's not working, she gets knocked down and releases her grip on the rope. Batman informs her that the spear that can kill the monster is also killing superman and advises her to take it, she tells Supes to get the rope, he asks if it will hold, she gives a vague explanation on the ropes origins and finishes it with "It will hold." Supes flies in, catches the rope and starts to reign him in like he would horses back on the farm, Batman weakens Doomsday with his last shot of K-gas, Wondy flies in for the killing blow.
This isn't very good I know, but the idea of the three actually working as a team to take Doomsday down sounds so much better than just letting Supes fly in and get himself put into a coma. If only I could have written this a little better
>>
It was good
>>
>>91410385
But I agree many in that pic are shit, Friday the 13th Part 8 & Nightmare on Elm Street 5 are garbage that have 95% no redeeming value.
Bvs has utterly incredible moments in it. To say it has no redeeming qualities is fucking preposterous.
>>
>>91410338
Did you rob an abandoned mom and pop video store, or do you just throw whatever is in the cheap bin in your cart?
>>
First time i watched it i went in with the mindset of actually liking previous Batman and Superman incarnations
Hated it
Rewatched it with a new mindset that these are completely new characters that arnt tied to comic canon
still hated it
this movie both expects you to recognise the comic material but accept extreme character assasination
>>
>>91410481
No, I get the idea you were going for. But again they'd have to re-do the entire fight sequence. All because of Lois throwing the damn spear away in the first place.

It could've been Supes and Diana holding off Doomsday while Bats went to get the spear. Instead Supes had to go save Lois (again)
>>
>>91410578
Plus it references the sequence of events in MoS, especially the final act, jams Batman there (of course now Gotham is literally across the harbor now) to set up the Bat-angst. But completely ignores the actual timing of those events.
It makes it seem as if Zod and Superman just descended from space and had a sudden battle no one was expecting, and Bruce was caught up in the fallout.

When in fact, in MoS, Zod's ship starts Zrrrrm-Bam! hammering the city for a long ass time, plenty of time to make a helicopter trip across the country, and another cargo plane flight back.
>>
>>91410578
No it expects you to be familiar with the mythos of the characters but be willing to tolerate and enjoy alternate realistic less idealized earth one/ultimate universe style takes to contrast what has come before.
>>
>>91410686
Changing that whole fight around would have worked out for the better in my opinion, it would have made Batman seem less useless, it would have showcased not only Superman fighting something on his level, but Wonder Woman as well, and would have highlighted the Trinity as a well functioning team despite being tossed together last minute
>>
>>91410736
>njoy alternate realistic less idealized
It's still Giant Energy-flinging monsters and Flying Alien Putties and shit.
It's simply badly lit and everyone is an unbelievable asshole for no appreciable reason.
>>
>>91410726
>the city for a long ass time
No it really fucking didn't, it just seemed like that because we had to switch around to multiple scenes taking place at the same time.
And Bruce didn't arrive when the Zero 1st started blasting he arrived when the F35s first engaged it.
>>
>>91410781
Yes and the monsters and aliens are handled dead seriously and are shown to be credible threats that is what I mean by realism.
Its realistic in that the characters are flawed and can't make up preposterous deus ex machina solutions. They have to make hard decisions and sacrifices.
And Clark was never a asshole at anypoint in ether film except when he smashed the trucker's truck.
>>
>>91410932
>Its realistic in that the characters are flawed and can't make up preposterous deus ex machina solutions.
Kryptonite is literally a contrivance.
Luthor's ability to just "hackitude" the Kryptonian ship is lame plot contrivance.
That the Super Black Project Kryptonian monster-making procedure should somehow be on board the ship, and the means to carry it out, is a contrivance.
Both of them fight for no other reason than that they are both arrogant hotheaded assholes who can't pause for 2 minutes to figure out a completely transparent plot.

It's a silly comic book movie.
>>
File: BzS.jpg (1MB, 1400x1338px) Image search: [Google]
BzS.jpg
1MB, 1400x1338px
Maybe think of it as a bad comedy while watching it instead?
>>
File: 1459128890182.jpg (20KB, 523x521px) Image search: [Google]
1459128890182.jpg
20KB, 523x521px
>>91407469
>>91407708
>Anyone who says it's a pile of shit with no redeeming qualities is a hyperbolic idiot.
>no redeeming qualities
They're either contrarians, evanposters, or just don't like DC.

You'd have to delusional and think only in black and white to say the movie has absolutely ZERO redeeming qualities whatsoever.

There's the beginning of the film with the reversed pov of the Metropolis battle, and the Batman fight scene in the warehouse which will go down as one of the best live action cape fights. And clearly Synder and whoever the cinematographer was had a fucking hard on for translating 1:1 comic pages to live action so you have to respect that without spouting "b-but muh slow mo"

The story itself is dog shit with the Martha deal, story construction, and the rushed introduction of the JL, WW, and Doomsday, and jamming all your good comic material into one movie results into a muddy mess.
>>
>>91411153
I found the warehouse too comical to take seriously at all, it's like the goons were told to imitate rag doll physics badly.
>>
File: BAT OF MURDER.webm (2MB, 1390x724px) Image search: [Google]
BAT OF MURDER.webm
2MB, 1390x724px
>>91411315
To each their own I guess, I typed that in comparison to the Nolan trilogy fights and I couldn't stand the fights especially in DKR.

What are your thoughts to this fight compared to the other Bat fights.
>>
>>91411020
>That the Super Black Project Kryptonian monster-making procedure should somehow be on board the ship, and the means to carry it out, is a contrivance.
The archive of Krypton's history was on board so of course that would be included, the means to create it purposely were not onboard, Lex retrofired the birthing chamber to create it.
>>
>>91411153
Diana wasn't rushed she was meant to be a stand out badass cameo not a full introduction.
Doomsday & the death of Superman was handled VASTLY better then the comic did.
DD is a mindless rage monster he doesn't need to have some in depth fucking exploration and ton of screentime.
>>
>>91411471
The car is a taser, silly. They all survived.
>>
File: 1446859679248.jpg (54KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1446859679248.jpg
54KB, 540x405px
>>91411714
>Diana wasn't rushed she was meant to be a stand out badass cameo not a full introduction.
I understand that, I loved Diana as well but it's like this: this is Batman v Superman, the title alone should already be full of excitement. Then near the end of the film you throw in the Holy Trinity already. Personally I feel like it undermines the intro of the JL now, because you threw in the Holy Trinity in the last 10 minutes.

>Doomsday & the death of Superman was handled VASTLY better then the comic did.
Sure. I agree.

>DD is a mindless rage monster he doesn't need to have some in depth fucking exploration and ton of screentime.
I'm 50/50 with this, they could've saved Doomsday for the beginning of JL or something. Or don't include WW in the final fight in BvS and just have Batman and Superman working together to stop him.

But at the same time, I'm more or less content with what we originally got.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.