[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these netflix series part of the MCU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: dd.jpg (79KB, 740x437px) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
79KB, 740x437px
Are Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist in the same universe as the recent movies? Are these netflix series part of the MCU?

I thought they were an universe apart, but I just saw a character make a joke about Murdock being just a simple guy with no "iron suit or magic hammer", which got me thinking.

Was it just a reference or are the Avengers from the movies in this universe?
>>
>>91386279
They mention the attack on new york and the green guy, no names though.
>>
It's like Agents of Shield. They take place in the same universe but they will never be acknowledged by the movies.
>>
>>91386279
>Are these netflix series part of the MCU?

They were meant to be, but ultimately aren't because of being produced by entirely separate divisions of Marvel. AoS and the Netflix shows are produced by Marvel Entertainment, which is headed by Perlmutter. The MCU is produced by Marvel Studios, headed by Feige.

Basically, the tv/netflix shows are to the MCU as the Expanded Universe/Legends is to Star Wars. The former stems from the latter, but the latter has absolutely zero regard for the former and will never do anything based on the developments of former.

Except, of course, for properties that the former uses in the case of Marvel. So the MCU will never have their own versions of Iron Fist, Daredevil, Cloak and Dagger, ect.
>>
they are. agents of shield is the most directly tied, and its even acknowledged luke cage
>>
>>91386279
Yes, the Netflix shows are part of the MCU. Wow, you're either incredibly late or don't pay attention
>>
why are there so many threads about this same topic?
>>
>>91390017
Sorry man, I'm extremely late
Just today I started to watch Daredevil

>>91386466
>>91389744
>>91389964
thanks a lot, people!

>>91390110
if confused people keep showing up is it their fault or is the situation not clear enough?
think about it.
>>
>>91386279
>Are these netflix series part of the MCU?

Fan fiction writers and some casuals think so. But since they never refer to them by name or the major players by name, you know the answer is no.

Marvel wants to have it both ways, but only Agents of Shield and Agent Carter really exist in the MCU in so far as nothing they have done is really ever going to be contradicted much by the movies (except as box office demands dictate) and definitely NOTHING AoS or AC were allowed to touch could contradict the movieverse.
>>
>>91390484
>But since they never refer to them by name or the major players by name, you know the answer is no.

They said Captain America in Daredevil and Tony Stark in Luke cage, so using your own argument against they are in the MCU.
>>
File: xvyH0RQ.jpg (65KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
xvyH0RQ.jpg
65KB, 604x340px
>>91386279
>Are these netflix series part of the MCU
>>
>>91391318
just skip the thread, mate
>>
>>91386279
They're certainly bland enough to be part of the MCU.
>>
I really hope The Defenders has a Coulson or Fury cameo so people can finally stop asking this question
>>
>>91391522
I asked Joss whedon and he says Claire Temple is actually Nick Fury with a wig and strap-on boobs. He's going to reveal this in the Defenders.
>>
File: 1453238327691.png (724KB, 1000x901px) Image search: [Google]
1453238327691.png
724KB, 1000x901px
>>91393351
>Nick Fury not wanting to kill the bad guys
>>
>>91386404
Luke Cage mentions Cap and Iron Man by name a couple times

>You're Harlem's Captain America
>Iron man mentioned in Redman's Freestyle
>>
>>91386466
Metro General Hospital from Daredevil was in Dr. Strange.
>>
It's technically the same universe, they reference the movies in all the shows but they've say many times that the Netflix characters will never appear in the movies and vice versa.
>>
www.screencrush.com/marvel-movie-tv-different-universes-anthony-mackie/
>>
>>91395792
>Anthony Mackie
As if he has any say.
>>
I don't get the "shared universe" shit.

All the characters can appear in every show or movie in the line, watering it all down. Yay.
>>
>>91396227
>posting in a superhero thread
>not understanding the appeal of shared universe
>>
>>91386279
Yes, I think they also referenced Dare devil in Aunt-man. Haven't touched AoS at all
>>
>>91396132
He doesn't but he is almost certainly echoing Feige's opinion.

I think it's a mistake that comes mostly from the feud between Feige and Perlmutter. Star Trek had no problem with minor acknowledgements of the ongoing TV shows in the movies (Defiant and holographic Doctor cameoing in First Contact, Dominion being mentioned in Insurrection, and although it's horrible, Janeway as an admiral in Nemesis).
>>
>>91396227
Yeah, Jessica is a much stronger character when she's just a PI who got super-raped.
>>
File: ghostriderAOSheader.jpg (27KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
ghostriderAOSheader.jpg
27KB, 640x352px
I hope they settle their shit and allow characters to cross mediums or else Ghost Rider is stuck in a limbo in Agents of Shield on ABC TV
>>
>>91396970
>feud between Feige and Perlmutter.
They should do something creative with that feud, like
>Guardians of the Avengers
>versus
> Agents of Defenders
>>
>>91396513
>I think they also referenced Dare devil in Aunt-man.
They didn't.
>>
>>91386279

Honestly, probably not. They won't wanna say it, cause they want people to watch. Just wait, in like 3-4 years we might see them use absorbing man, kingpin and so on in other projects, cause fuck you it's not canon.

Unless Avengers 3 or 4 references them, they feel like a pocket universe to me.
>>
>>91397144
I'm pretty pissed that the first GR we got in the MCU is him but at least Johnny made a cameo and indicated that his origins are probably comic-based and not pussy footing around a new one.
>>
>>91397019
>Generic comedy team-up done before and better in film by the same company is better than sticking to something original.

I disagree.
>>
>>91398303
I guess they didn't want to use Johnny Blaze due to the Nic Cage movies.
>>
>>91398817
It's more likely that Feige is never gonna touch Ghost Rider to avoid alienating the Chinamen.
>>
>>91397019
Actually Jessica wasn't raped in the comics, he only raped her the show.
>>
>>91386279
I think it's like the movies are canon to the TV shows, but the TV Shows aren't canon to the movies.
>>
>>91386466
But Agents isn't canon.
>>
>>91400339
Everything Sam Jackson appeared in is canon, even Snakes on a Plane.
>>
>>91386279
They are inasmuch as everything up to and including Avengers 1 happened. Everything after that (AoU, Civil War, etc) is never referenced and does not appear to exist.
>>
>>91391463
You sound like a DC fangirl with a chip on her shoulder.
>>
>>91386279
According to marvels official handbooks, yes.
>>
>>91393760
>Redman's Freestyle
:^)
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.