[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Overrated comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: superman-423-alan-moore.jpg (182KB, 670x1015px) Image search: [Google]
superman-423-alan-moore.jpg
182KB, 670x1015px
ITT: Overrated comics
>>
>>91384954
I suspect that you are a cat person
>>
So, Alan Moore thread?
>>
File: supes pls.png (307KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
supes pls.png
307KB, 403x403px
ITT: OP with shit taste
>>
File: BR.jpg (39KB, 303x499px) Image search: [Google]
BR.jpg
39KB, 303x499px
>>91384954
>>
>>91384954
STORYTIME TO SPITE OP FOR HIS SHIT TASTE?
>>
Killing Joke
Year One
>>
I hope you're dead by the time you read this post
>>
>>91384954
Dark Phoenix Saga
Anything Chris Claremont ever wrote
>>
Just finished that and the other issue. The first issue is still pretty boring and not on his level but the second half was great. Sure better then all star superman. Only other superman I own is Kingdom come which I haven't read yet.
>>
>>91385345
No, he's correct. It would only be worth derail if he said For the Man Who Has Everything was overrated.

>>91385666
Kingdom Come is pretty bad. Just pretty art.
>>
>>91384954
I just don't agree that killing a god to stop him from destroying everything means he had to give up superpowers forever.

Maybe it wasn't meant to make sense and is more a commentary on inflexible Silver Age worldviews.
>>
>>91385261
I'd agree with this one. It's a solid story and manages to handle the "Luthor and Clark were childhood friends" angle in a way that's actually decent but I wouldn't call it a must-read or his definitive origin story..

Though I don't think there's any Superman origin retelling that I really like. The premise of Superman is so simple and well known that trying to do a big flashy origin for him feels misguided in the first place, he doesn't need it.
>>
>>91386150
Secret Origin kind of sidestepped that by just being a cleanup to the things that we had been told already. Like you can read it as an origin on its own but it's mostly just to fill in the blanks of Johns' run more than that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.