[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans TV Show WONT Crossover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

>Without being able to say anything really about that show, it will have its own world
>Whedon explained that while it's enjoyable to explore the connections of the MCU in different ways, he prefers Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to be viewed as its own show

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/inhumans/agents-of-shield-ep-jed-whedon-says-there-are-no-current-plans-to-cross-over-with-inhumans-a150237
>>
>>91381707
>Everything is connected
>>
>>91381707
Then why even have it?
>>
Why do they even keep AoS around? None of the movies even bother mentioning anything.
>>
>AoS isn't even canon to Inhumans
J U S T
>>
>>91381904
Because it's actually pretty good. Really picked up once they got into the swing of things
>>
>>91381707
Now they have two shows that aren't canon
>>
>>91381904
I find funny how their entire run has been about the shithumans and then when the real deal actually shows up they won't even be acknowledged.
>>
I think we're finally seeing holes in the MCU.
>>
>>91382097
>I think we're finally seeing holes in the MCU.

>Inhumans
>MCU
Thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>91382141
I meant in how we're seeing how disconnected it is. It's no longer about the connections anymore.
>>
>>91382277

The tv shows have never been canon and this was all done because feige didn't want to do the movie, so it got moved to a miniseries
>>
>>91382637
At this point, I wonder if the MCU films are all filled up on the heroes roster and we'll probably not get any new faces from now onwards.
>>
>“Different universes, different worlds, different companies, different designs. Kevin Feige is very specific about how he wants the Marvel Universe to be seen in the film world,” Mackie explained. “It wouldn’t work. It wouldn’t work at all.”

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/20/an-avengers-star-says-marvel-movie-tv-crossover-wouldnt-work/
>>
>>91381982
Why would they be? AoS is about nuhuman shits. The show is going to be about the pure-bred Inhumans of Attilan. They have no reason to give a fuck about nor even acknowledge the one's calling themselves inhumans on Earth.
>>
>>91381707
>Not canon with Movies
>Not canon with Netflix
>Not even canon with it's own spinoff
How badly did they fuck up?!
>>
>Make almost the entirety of SHIELD about Inhumans.

>Have no connection to the show about Inhumans.

Jesus Christ, are movies the only thing that isn't in a state of disarray at Marvel?

Is Ike to blame for this?
>>
I'm not autistic so I don't really give a shit about what's canon and what isn't.

You retards have fun arguing about it til you're blue in the face though.
>>
>>91381707
Agents of Non-canon

Why is Marvel TV so fucking horrible?
>>
>>91381957
None of the MCU shows are canon either.
>>
>>91383754
>Why is Marvel TV so fucking horrible?
At least it's better than the trash movies.
>>
>>91383811

I was waiting for you to show up. You're late, you bastard.
>>
>If ninjas attack New York and Iron Man isn't around to quip about it, was it really canon?
>>
>we literally have a tertiary MCU canon now too

Hahahahahahaha

JUST
>>
>>91381707
Why are people freaking out about this? It's not like Daredevil or Punisher showed up in AoS/Coulson showed up in any of the Netflix shows. It's dumb to think that Coulson would have shown up in Inhumans or Black Bolt would have shown up on AoS.
>>
>>91383948
Because this is the biggest selling point of any of the series.

"It's all connected... we will never show, though, but it is all connected."
>>
>>91381884
>>91381904
>why even have a show if it doesn't cross over with a series of movies?

Why can't we just accept that it's canon without having a crossover? It's clearly stated to be in the same universe as the rest of the MCU - and the thing about universes is they're kinda fucking big. Things can share a universe without literally being in the same room.

I like exploring the different corners of the MCU, from Luke Cage in Harlem to Dr Strange in the multiverse - I don't need the two to cross paths with Coulson and Blackbolt to accept they share a world.
>>
>>91384024
>Because this is the biggest selling point of any of the series.
Not really? That was the gimmick they used to get people to

If you're only watching AoS because it's "all connected" then you're an idiot. If you're only interested in Inhumans because "it's all connected" then you're an idiot. Being "connected" doesn't make it good and there's no reason to watch something that you can't enjoy without it being associated with other things.
>>
>>91384142
>get people to initially tune in.
Fixed.
>>
>>91381707
Well, that's one more reason to not give a shit about Inhumans, then.

Shame that it never managed to prevent devoting like three fucking seasons to Inhumans bullshit on SHIELD, though.
>>
>>91381872
Feige never said that. Feige doesn't run the tv shows. Just like everyone else at the movie division all he has ever said about the shows is that they don't matter and that they don't take place in the same universe as the movies.
>>
>>91381955
nope, the show is shit and absolutely useless in the grand scheme. can't wait for it to be gone.
>>
>>91389160
[citation needed]
>>
At some point, they are going to disconnect the movie-verse from the tv-verse. The bad thing about that though is they will try to make a tv Avengers.
>>
>>91389294
Joss Whedon, Kevin Feige, Anthony Mackie, and Jeph Loeb (the fucking head of marvel tv) have all said they are in separate universes.
>>
>>91389373
That's a good thing. Maybe we could actually have a decent Thor.
>>
>>91389414
nah, they'd still fuck it up. Our best chance for a good Thor would probably be on American Gods.
>>
>>91389373
>The bad thing about that though is they will try to make a tv Avengers.
...so the Defenders?
>>
>>91389990
>Our best chance for a good Thor would probably be on American Gods.

But Thor's dead there.
>>
>>91389401
Source on Feige and Loeb? As far as I know Loeb's always pushed for the connection, while Feige's never really said anything on the matter.

Not trying to stir shit, genuinely curious.
>>
>>91389990
>nah, they'd still fuck it up.
You literally can not do any worse than hemsworth.
>>
>>91384088
This
>>
>>91389194
I bet you think BvS is a good movie too don't you
>>
>>91390410
Seth Green as Thor
>>
>>91390781
Already better.
>>
>>91381707
>he prefers Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to be viewed as its own show
>implying anybody even views AoS
>>
>>91390683
Nope, but it's better than the first three seasons of AOS and everything after the Ghose Rider arc.
>>
>>91391209
So is having aids.
>>
>>91390285
Feige has said in an interview that he doesn't follow the tv because they're not MCU related. Loeb never said explicitly that they dont take place in the same universe but said on a podcast once that they will never crossover because they want Marvel TV to stand on their own feet without the movies help (which is ironic seeing as how all of the tv shows are suckling at the MCU's teet)
>>
>>91381707
>he prefers Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to be viewed as its own show

That's because AoS is it's own (non-canon) show. Nice of him to finally admit it.
>>
>>91389401
>>91392122
Literally no one in charge has ever said they take place in separate universes.

They've said they won't crossover for a whole host of reasons. They've said the movies won't directly acknowledge the shows. They've said they don't coordinate directly on everything.

But they've also said -- without a shadow of a doubt -- that they're all MCU, and you're a fucking idiot if you think elsewise.
>>
File: Kree script.jpg (69KB, 1024x504px) Image search: [Google]
Kree script.jpg
69KB, 1024x504px
>>91381872
>>91381884
>>91381904
>>91381936
>>91381982
>>91382097
>>91383684
>>91384024
Actually, they're already connected. We know from set photos that Inhumans will use some kind of monoliths with Kree script which was introduced on AoS. This just means they won't force the characters from both shows together and take away from their own stories just to say "look, it's all these characters together" like on the CW. At least for now, there might be some crossover after the first season of Inhumans.
>>
>>91397311
This. The actual interview is more ambiguous:

>But we also want there to be a bigger reward for people who watch all of them, so that they'll start to see that there's lines connecting it. It's more fun for people who are playing the whole game, but if you don't, you'll still have a great rollercoaster ride.
>>
It's too unwieldy (storytelling) and difficult (various logistic reasons) to have them directly connected, but they still have connections.

You can have many things in the same universe, does not mean they have to crossover.
>>
File: 1491701017453.jpg (37KB, 229x238px) Image search: [Google]
1491701017453.jpg
37KB, 229x238px
>People bitch about how characters in the comics are constantly taken out from their own plots and thrown into bullshit events that connect to nothing (Miles Morales, Kamala Khan)
>But also bitch about how they don't do this thing with TV series
>>
File: dc-invasion-crossover.jpg (78KB, 696x464px) Image search: [Google]
dc-invasion-crossover.jpg
78KB, 696x464px
>>91381707
>NONE of Marvel's tv-series had a crossover so far

Sad.
>>
File: Ice Truck Killer - Brian Moser.jpg (19KB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ice Truck Killer - Brian Moser.jpg
19KB, 350x250px
>>91381884
Containment for Scott Buck.
>>
>>91399365
Invasion crossover was pretty fucking sad.

Meanwhile in Netflixverse Luke Cage was a supporting character in Jessica Jones + Rosario Dawson.

Agents of Shield had Lady Sif couple of times + it's explained how Fury got his helicarier in Avengers 2 in Agents of Shield + it's explained how Avengers knew new location of Struker's base and that he had a scepter + overall minor callbacks like how Dogs of Hell debuted in Agents of Shield and crossed paths with Punisher and Daredevil.

+ Doctor Strange was working in the same hospital Rosario Dawson was nurse in.
>>
>>91399437
>references
>better than full fledged crossovers
wow look, nothing!
>>
>>91399489
How is Luke Cage in Jessica Jones not a crossover? Have you forgotten about Defenders altogether?

How is Sif crossing over from Thor to Agents of Shield not a crossover? Or Nick Fury?

How are literal crossovers not crossovers?
>>
>>91399512
T-that's just an alternate reality N-Nick Fury played by the same actor and referencing events that transpired exactly the same as in the M...MCU...

And Sif was an alternate reality Sif played by the same actress! And she was referencing events that sound identitcal yet still take place in an alternate universe! Just because reasons!
>>
>>91399581
But you don't get it! If every single TV character doesn't appear in every single movie then it's not canon! After all, in comics this happens, that's why floppies are 700 pages long each!
>>
>>91399512
Luke Cage first appeared in Jessica Jones. His appearance there was not a crossover. You could argue that his appearance in Luke Cage is a crossover with Jessica Jones however.

Sif is no longer a part of the Thor franchise judging by the cast list for Thor Ragnarok.

Nick Fury is not a part of any franchise, he's a character deliberately written to cross over between multiple franchises (Iron Man, Captain America, Avengers, AoS)
>>
>>91399650
You're trolling right?

Just because a character isn't in chapter 9 of a book doesn't mean that they're non-canon for chapters 8, 13 and 15 you dolt.

Fury IS canon, as is Sif. Just because they're not in a movie now doesn't mean they're retroactively removed from the MCU.

They were in AoS - at a time when Fury was still in the movies no less. Age of Ultron.
>>
>>91381707
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.