[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's Doom's skin colour /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: doomed.jpg (557KB, 917x882px) Image search: [Google]
doomed.jpg
557KB, 917x882px
I know, I know, he's "white". Thing is, "white" is a broad term and covers tons of ethnicities, and the majority of them have no "granted" skin-colour.

Which brings me to my main question: What does Doom look like to you? Back in the day he was just a REEEEEEEEEEE(d) lookalike, but in recent years he's developed more distinct features. It's rather obvious in Maleev's work, where he has a larger nose, a bigger forehead, a stronger jaw, etc, etc.

Thing is, for some folks, this is still not enough, as it apparently is too "whitewashed". Personally, I always pinned him as the average Balkan guy, and as someone from a place somewhere here (not saying where though, /co/'s brutal about ethnicities), he seems spot-on and just like an average bloke from around here.

Now, you can bring up the Roma thing, but I always figured he was mixed. Roma mother, but "Latverian" father, so in other words he's half Germanic-Balkan, half Easten-European Roma. I mean, Werner was a doctor and had "von Doom" as a surname. Cheesy as it is, the "von" part was used by Germanic royalty and later adopted by commoners in some cases. It'd be silly for a Roma to assume such a name, especially in a country ruled by an evil baron. He'd be risking his life. So he's most certainly what you' call "white", at least by his father's side.

Aaaaanyway, what I'm saying is, in a film, would you expect the actor to be darker than olive-skinned? Personally I think a Maleev-esque look is more important thatn the "shade of white", but I'm sure that anything past olive would go against canon and accuracy.
>>
>>91379954

Slav-white
>>
>>91379954
Metal-white, scum.
>>
File: doomfeels.jpg (150KB, 750x252px) Image search: [Google]
doomfeels.jpg
150KB, 750x252px
>>91379954
>What's Doctor Doom's skin colour?
Fucking Gun-Metal grey motherfucker.
>>
>>91379954
Like Mads Mikkelsen. That man is literally how I always thought Doom must look like, even before I heard of Mads.
>>
>>91379954
>would you expect the actor to be darker than olive-skinned

The last two live-action Dooms were white and nobody cared.
>>
>>91380073

Different times. Story's flicks were prior to Tumblr and the Social Justice Crusades, and Fant4stic was on nobody's radar. 'Sides, everyone was busy with MBJ.

Personally, anything past olive/tanned skin is just pandering. I live in the Balkans (non-Slavic region) and I see Romas every single day. They're tanned, at best, and most are the usual "white".

It's just that it's become rather frequent over at Tumblr, and I figured I'd look for /co/'s opinion, considering Tumblr's "users". He shouldn't be completely Germanic like say, DiCaprio, but he should be "white".
>>
>>91379954
like wrinkly burnt toast
>>
he's a robot not a people
>>
>>91380210
No one cared when Wanda was white with a fake accent.
>>
>>91380395

Eh, I saw tons of discourse, at both Tumblr and other comic book sites. Granted, they had to make her completely independent from Magneto, so they went with a "Wundagore"-esque origin, just, you know, without the actually good stuff.

Although, most were angry her Jewish part was erased, and let the Roma thing pass. Someone even called that scene in CW where Cap visits her in her room and you can see a little cross, "disgusting and ugly".

Either way, the question is more about what you, as seasoned comic fans, see Vic as. Pale, Tanned, Olive, etc, etc.
>>
>>91380505
> Either way, the question is more about what you, as seasoned comic fans, see Vic as. Pale, Tanned, Olive, etc, etc.

Yeah fair, just pointing that even in this day and age you can do what you want and most people won't cause that much of a ruckus.
>>
>>91380561

Fair point. A small minority will always complain. But considering Doom's murky roots, it was a question worth asking.
>>
doom is a gypsy
he says so himself on house of M
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.