[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Mutants deserve love/respect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 18

File: IMG_8789.jpg (3MB, 3060x2128px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8789.jpg
3MB, 3060x2128px
You have got to admit, /co/, the mom makes a good point. Mutants have treated humanity as inferiors and themselves as the Aryan race. Not to mention all the destruction and terrorism they have purposely caused. Compared to other superheroes(Avengers, Inhumans, Champions), what have Mutants ever done for anyone else? When have they ever cared about anyone else? Exactly.
>>
>>91371611
isn't this the same speech Alex gave that everyone called him a Uncle Tom for?
>>
>>91371611
>what have Mutants ever done for anyone else? When have they ever cared about anyone else?
There was those times they saved the world.
>>
>>91371681
Pretty close. Fuck the writer, Kitty Pryde has always been Shadowcat. It's her costume she could never decide on for the longest time
>>
The X-Men are great as a franchise, but it has many philosophical and political shortcomings

>Mutants call themselves "Homo superior"
Like seriously? I can see Magneto and his cronies saying this but this is the accepted term? How can they expect humans not to fear them if they are essentially demoting normal people to Neanderthal status?

>Mutant society is doomed

Mutants, more so than humans, are a doomed race. Why? They all have different powers that can be uniformly protected against. Mutant society would descend into anarchy in a month, because a teen on a field trip to D.C sneezes atom bombs and destroys the president.

There are a few others that I can think of right now, but you get the point. The X-Men are a good analogy to social discrimination and stuff but it really doesn't make sense, even in the context of the fantastical Marvel universe
>>
>>91372388
Writers and Marvel don't understand how to blend adaptation, evolution, and mass extinction with the philosophical and tangible implications with the minority gimmick.

No one understands what Grant Morrison was really doing. They just parrot his themes without actually understanding the metaphysical thesis of New X-Men.
>>
>>91371611
They saved the world multiple times already!!!! What more do these assholes want?!!!
>>
>>91371611

Nobody ~deserves~ love and respect...

Those are things you have to earn...
>>
Muties claim to be a high form of evolution, so they're placed here for the devil to make us believe in evolution.
>>
>>91373424
Not even those who earn it?
>>
File: Planet_X_Cremation.png (191KB, 429x200px) Image search: [Google]
Planet_X_Cremation.png
191KB, 429x200px
>>91373293
>AvX
>IvX
>Planet X from New X-Men
>Fatal Attractions
>X-Men (vol.2) #1-3
>E is for Extinction from New X-Men
>Apocalypse's social darwinism
>Stryfe
>Cyclops threatening mutant revolution on national TV more than once

Gee, maybe Humans have a right to fear and hate such an imperialistic, jingoistic sub-species.
>>
>>91373424
But X-Men have earned it though
>>
>>91373514

There was a very clear implied exception, which I suspect you are intentionally overlooking, but I'll spell it out for you anyway...

People don't inherently deserve love and respect, they need to earn it...
>>
>>91373825

I never said they hadn't...
>>
File: aluminum-foil.jpg (68KB, 1000x795px) Image search: [Google]
aluminum-foil.jpg
68KB, 1000x795px
>>91371611
>that's the speech that's associated with veiled anti-Christian and anti-Jews messages in the art
wew
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/08/marvel-artist-ardian-syaf-hid-anti-christian-jewish-messages-weeks-x-men-comic/
>>
>>91371949
She was also Sprite.
>>
Honestly Mutants don't fit the definition of a separate species from human. They can interbreed with humans, produce human children, and humans can produce mutant children. Separate species can't do those kind of things. At best you might get some kind of sterile mule-like thing. From a scientific perspective Havok was right in that there is no such thing as a mutant (as a species).
>>
>>91374010
I like how he put the "don't trust Jewish/Christian leader" quote next to Kitty.
>>
>>91371611
Mom's a loud mouthed dumbass who's lucky she wasn't talking to Magneto.
>>
>>91371611
lol Marvel is putting anti Semitic anti Christian easter eggs in its books now, disney needs to clean this shithole out asap
>>
>>91375226
You can't blame Marvel for the artist being a d-bag. Unless you want to say Marvel should start hiring cultural sensitive editors for each crew.
>>
>>91374010
Does this mean the X-Men are now Anti-Jewish/Anti-Christian propaganda.
>>
>>91375274
if some faggot working for me added a bunch of racist shit to a project that i approved guess what i get fired along with said faggot, this is a disaster for marvel
>>
>>91375400
It's ok, he's Muslim. Mulsims get a free pass because they don't know better.
>>
File: confused-man.jpg (25KB, 320x198px) Image search: [Google]
confused-man.jpg
25KB, 320x198px
>Company owned by Israeli born Jew
>Current writer of the book is Jewish
>The franchise was founded by Jews
>Several characters are Jewish and Christian
>The core message is tolerance, inclusiveness, and coexistence (and fighting robots and aliens and superviallins)

>PUTS IN ANTI-NON MUSLIM MESSAGES

He thinks we're too dumb to notice or he's banking on him being a brown muslim making him immune to backlash?
>>
>>91375553

I think he's just an asshole.
>>
File: 1409040601468.jpg (148KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1409040601468.jpg
148KB, 500x500px
>>91371611
man, I miss crazy speech magneto man fuck humans just kill em.
>>
>>91371611
>Do Mutants deserve love/respect?
For having a Jewish leader? No!!!!
>>
>>91371611
what's wrong with the shadowcat name?
>>
>>91371890
In fairness, a lot of those times, they were saving the world from other mutants.
>>
>>91371611
This is so fucking stupid. I'm sorry but using super-beings as a stand-in for oppressed minorities will never not be retarded.

Could you imagine that bitch lipping off that way to a policeman? She'd get her head caved in if not blown off completely.
>>
>>91374804
He also put JEWelry right by her head.
>>
>>91371611
Why don't mutants go into outer space? Go make planet Utopia or Z. Seems safer there then on Earth.
>>
>>91376795
Dude's gonna get fired as soon as it reaches Marvel. Not a great start to your X-Men relaunch though.
>>
>>91376809
>Why don't mutants go into outer space? Go make planet Utopia or Z. Seems safer there then on Earth.
Because of the overwhelming need for STATUS QUO NAO NAO NAO FOREVER AND EVER AMEN. Which is why I hate most capeshit.
>>
>>91376809
People who think they're special are often entitled enough to stay where they know they're not wanted
>>
>>91376809
That would effectively be abandoning all mutants that are born thereafter.
>>
>>91377336
makes a lot of sense
>>
>>91377417
Nah, you make constant trips coming back to Earth to pick up new mutants.

Problem solved.
>>
>>91371611

Well, Kitty Pryde doesn't at least.
>>
>>91371611
>Mutants have treated humanity as inferiors and themselves as the Aryan race.

Bad guys Mutants!! Pretty sure crazy silver age Magneto coined the term homo superior. Why are you taking that at face value!
>>
>>91371611
Well they are superior, just ask the eternals.
>>
>>91377496

Do you see many mutants disowning the term "Homo Superior"?

It's probably only Strong Guy. But he never managed to get "Genetically Challenged" to catch on.
>>
No. Mutants keep pulling stunts that should get them landed in jail all the time with no consequence.
As long as they have a version of Logan, they are trash and need to be gassed to death.
Like a week ago when Kitty got handed a bill for the rent of Central Park, where they are squatting now, Logan threatened to kill a mayor's assistant. For doing his job. That alone should get that piece of shit landed on the Raft.
Oh, and placing a hangar for their fucking warplane in the middle of Central Park? That's complete bullshit. Noise pollution, emissions, flight plans, fucking skyscrapers? They are going to 9/11 something.
Oh, wait, Kitty already did. She destroyed a skyscraper to hit a bad guy with it. Great plan there.
In conclusion, this: die, mutie scum. Die, die, die.
>>
>>91377483
This. Bitch doesn't even deserve to be leader considering how many times she abandoned her "family". The only worse choice would be young Jean, and she's the new leader of the Blue team because fuck you that's why.
>>
File: 1484082627623.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1484082627623.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>Be regular human in Marvel universe
>asshole cuts me off in lane
>Speed up to pass him and flip the driver off
>Driver was one of those fucking mutants
>He uses his mutant power to make my balls explode
>>
>>91371611
>what have Mutants ever done for anyone else?
I think in the wake of "No More Mutants" they mentioned, in passing, that several thousand mutants worldwide use their powers in agriculture(making rain, making plants grow faster), mining(moving the soil etc) and electrical generation. Without Mutants a bunch of industries worldwide collapsed.
Mutants usually find some industrial use for their powers and make decent money helping people with them.

Essentially the X-Men are the least productive Mutants in society.
>>
>>91371611
I don't know why but after looking at this page I suddenly hate Jews and Christians and want to join ISIS.
>>
I would LOVE to see a current comic come out that deals with a human realizing that no- mutants are NOT human...thy're what humanity is a few generations away from becoming, that you and I, humans will be slowly erased from the earth, as mutants can pass for humans and have children that can do the same, both with other mutants AND humans. And that soon the world will devolve into anarchy as every 3rd person is able to collapse a skyscraper to use as a baseball bat, or blows up a whole county bc they're mad. That while the catch to mutating is AWESOME POWERS, it LITERALLY means you ARENT HUMAN anymore. The thing the X Men never address is that evolution is slow, but unstoppable and will lead to the mass extinction of the human race.
>>
>>91371611

No, but they deserve the opportunity to earn it.
>>
>>91371611
Read something from before you were born, kid
>>
from the catalog i thought you said "muppets"
>>
>>91381040
Have they not earned it though?
>>
File: IMG_8807.png (305KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8807.png
305KB, 1000x333px
>>91381400
Do muppets deserve respect/love, anon?
I say no. Because Muppets are sexist alt right propaganda.
>>
File: IMG_8808.png (145KB, 550x818px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8808.png
145KB, 550x818px
>>91382830
>>
>>91371611
Why can't she be Shadowcat? What's wrong with Shadowcat?
>>
>>91382861
Yet guaranteed they cried about Trump cutting the NEA.
>>
>>91382830
>>91382861
Ah, Walky, you can sure count on him to ignore the fact that Ms. Piggy is a deeply abusive girlfriend in this argument.
>>
>>91376809

Maybe they like their home and would prefer to stay there?
>>
File: Kitty Motherfucking Pryde.jpg (806KB, 2000x1547px) Image search: [Google]
Kitty Motherfucking Pryde.jpg
806KB, 2000x1547px
>>91377483

I don't know, I think she's probably earned a little respect.
>>
>>91371611
>Deserve

Respect and love aren't rights, they're privileges won individually by merit.
>>
>>91371681
Who the fuck is Alex?
>>
>>91374424
Then there's no such thing as aliens either. They too can interbreed with humans.
>>
>>91389712
>Aliens attack because they were religiously obsessed with her dead boyfriend, and were all morons

Breakworld is home to Marvel's worst aliens.
>>
>>91380835
Except in all those non X-men comics where they go into the future that magically don't have everyone be a mutant.
>>
File: Miracleman.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Miracleman.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>91371611
>It's a the normal person is an asshole to the super powerful being episode
I fucking hate this stupid shit. Also, what is wrong with the mutants being "superior"?. They ARE superior. If mutants/super aliens/super robots were real, i would accept the fact that they are superior. Really, what is the problem?
>>
>>91382756
The individual earns it.

Look at real life. You got muslims,traps, gays, etc that do a lot of good shit or provide services. Yet those groups still face discrimination as a whole because of bigots or the extreme branches of them.

It is always interesting to see marvel citizens called out as idiots here. Yet 4chan and the world in general is perfectly in sync with them.
>>
>>91371611
THIS IS NOT THE NAZI BOARD FOR NAZI CONVERSATIONS.

WILL ANY MODERATOR EVER DO THEIR FUCKING JOB?
>>
>>91393088
No. Now fuck off.
>>
>>91376809

>mutants stay
>MU Civs: Fuck off mutant scum

>mutants leave
>MU Civs: Those mutants are gathering their forces to come here and kill us all. We need to strike first
>>
>>91380835
I think even that got retconned.
Aren't mutants the result of some fuckery by some cosmic entity? Like the celestials or the high evolutionary?
>>
x-men writers seem to be pro-diversity, pro-globalism, anti-nazi, but why do they write comics about how diversity doesnt work? shouldnt x-men comics be about how mutants and humans live happily ever after in harmony?
>>
>>91373136
Which was?
>>
>>91391566
I too can no longer stand that sort of shit especially when someone is shitting on a hero that has literally saved the planet and everyone on it

"Hey Captain Amazing get away from me and my kid, fuck you you super nigger how dare you think you're better than us!" "I'm sorry citizen let me put down this skyscraper I just stopped from collapsing to try to make you and your child feel less like the worthless pieces of shit you are, maybe nest time I'll let Doctor Skullfucker blow up the city and skullfuck the president just so you feel a little more special"
>>
>>91389973
Havok, IvX
>>
>>91391566
It's the same as gun laws. They can be used to save lives but can always be extremely dangerous in the wrong hands.
>>
>>91394777
yes it was Alex Summers, Havok, but it was in Uncanny Avengers by Remender.
>>
>>91377452
What about the humans that'd invariably be born to the mutants living in space?
>>
>>91371611
Love/respect sure as much as anyone. But a few caveats
one: mutants need to ditch the "homo superior" rhetoric if they don't want people to hate them, nobody is going to like you if you go around everywhere preaching about how you're the master race.
two: fuck the x-men and charles xavier, xavier is a cult leader that seeks out troubled kids and exploits them to be his private army.
three: mutant registration absolutely needs to occur, they don't need to wear tags or whatever but at least declare what their powers are to some kind of authority when they manifest so that should they ever go crazy law enforcement Four: Isn't completely blindsided.
Omega mutants? kill them in the crib, the world will never no peace if someone can just kill everyone on earth with a thought because they had a bad day.

Also what group isn't kitty in charge of these days?
>>
>>91395267
>nobody is going to like you if you go around everywhere preaching about how you're the master race.
But they are the master race
>>
>>91394184
It's not so much that "it doesn't work" as much as "It isn't easy to make it work."
>>
>compared to Inhumans
Get the fuck out
>>
>>91395311
They aren't even a race, they are mutants if you want to consider them to even be a separate species they would be thousands of species, but considering that they can produce fertile offspring with baselines they aren't a separate species.
>>
>>91394184
X-men by the very concept doesn't gel very well with a anti-hate story.
If any group did any of the shit the x-men do everybody would be justified in hating them, not even talking about the brotherhood of mutants or apocolypse, the x-men themselves are terrible and deserve all the hatred they get because of their actions.
>>
>>91395390
>considering that they can produce fertile offspring with baselines they aren't a separate species.
By that logic kryptonians and humans are not a separate species
>>
>>91395390
I've always been annoyed at how they portray themselves, it's not like they're gonna kill off every non-mutant, they'll just exist, breeding into the human population until everyone has super powers of some sort, no matter how shitty.
>>
File: zebra_hybrid_b-182280.jpg (381KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
zebra_hybrid_b-182280.jpg
381KB, 1600x1065px
>>91395390
A donkey and a zebra are separate species but they produce offspring
Dogs have multiple breeds all capable of interbreeding
>>
>>91395267
Wow, so all mutantkind has to do to get your love and respect is allow you to oppress, exploit and occasionally murder their offspring.

Great.
>>
>>91395523
>A donkey and a zebra are separate species but they produce offspring
Mules are not fertile
learn to read the whole sentence.
>Dogs have multiple breeds all capable of interbreeding
Dogs are the same species.
>>
>>91395523
>Dogs have multiple breeds all capable of interbreeding
This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen someone post
>>
>>91395526
How are they being exploited?
How are they being oppressed?
Should mutants be allowed to do whatever they want to people simply because they are stronger?
Are we back to might makes right?
If mutants are to live in society they need to obey laws and be able to be punished if they break them.
> and occasionally murder their offspring.
Mutants can be born to baseline families too, and Omegas are threats to everyone even the comics agree, remember how the house of M arc started?

Is there a single good argument for why mutants shouldn't at least have their powers a matter of public record?
Imagine you're a cop called to a bank robbery and you're told the robber is a mutant, does that actually tell you what you're getting into at all? you don't know what their powers are or how to react to them.
>>
>>91395580
>Dogs are the same species.
which leads to this point
>They aren't even a race, they are mutants if you want to consider them to even be a separate species they would be thousands of species
Mutants are a separate species from humans and all mutants are the same species

If you want to look at what the Human Mutant dynamic looks like look up early human history, Homo Sapiens interbreeding with like 3 different human species until they are all the same fucking thing, a superior breed of hominid. Mutants today are what Homo Sapiens where, the superior species, they don't need to conquer the Earth or kill all humans they just need to fuck enough that all people become mutants in the future
>>
File: 14380685702.jpg (14KB, 357x402px) Image search: [Google]
14380685702.jpg
14KB, 357x402px
>>91395390
>>91395580
You know we are talking about comics, right? Human and aliens or even robots can interbreeding without problem. Your real life logic doesn't work here.
>>
>>91395748
>Mutants are a separate species from humans and all mutants are the same species
That's wrong though
>>
>>91395753
Nigger you're the one that brought up mules.
>>
>>91395738
>Is there a single good argument for why mutants shouldn't at least have their powers a matter of public record?

The fact you are asking people to trust that kind of information unto an organization that previous sicced Giant Purple Robots on them.
>>
>>91395806
I'm not that guy. You just hate mutants
>>
>>91395748
>Homo Sapiens interbreeding with like 3 different human species until they are all the same fucking thing, a superior breed of hominid. Mutants today are what Homo Sapiens where, the superior species
You're a fucking moron.
There is no "superior species" and homo sapiens certainly were not it. Neanderthals were stronger and potentially smarter than us, we survived when they didn't because we out bred them and we might have been better adapted to a warmer environment at the end of the ice age, evolution isn't improvement just mutation.
>>
>>91371681
I thought we actually called mutants alexes from that point on.
>>
>>91395738
>If mutants are to live in society they need to obey laws and be able to be punished if they break them.
Except the laws only apply to humans. Could you imagine if Humans kept obeying the laws of Apes because the Apes expected it.
>Are we back to might makes right?
We were never not, Humans just started using different forms of might be they political, economical or religious. Mutants represent a return to pure might that is divested from the collective group and placed solely in the hands of the Individual
>>
>>91395828
>The fact you are asking people to trust that kind of information unto an organization that previous sicced Giant Purple Robots on them.
I was assuming we weren't talking about a universe that is completely retarded.
I'm talking about ow if mutants as depicted in the comics were real it would only make sense to have a registry of everybody's powers.
>>
>>91395877
>and potentially smarter than us
Nice headcanon
>>
>>91395828
While advocating killing people's babies, because they were born mutants. Oh sorry, one particular kind of mutant. Which has it's own hilarious bag of worms that reminds me of the "And when they came for me, there was no one left to speak for me" quote.
>>
>>91395874
If they go around calling themselves the master race and disregarding laws, and treating the world as their playground hating them is only sensible.
>>91395930
>Except the laws only apply to humans.
>Could you imagine if Humans kept obeying the laws of Apes because the Apes expected it.
I don't actually have to say anything to this do I? It speaks for itself.
>Mutants represent a return to pure might that is divested from the collective group and placed solely in the hands of the Individual
Never realized that Marvel was for the death of the weak and the rule of the strongest.
>>91395947
There is evidence of neanderthal tool use before we saw similar tools use in humans, also they had larger brain cases which granted isn't evidence of higher intelligence necessarily but is usually a good indicator.
>>
>>91395934
>I was assuming we weren't talking about a universe that is completely retarded.
You mean the one where COINTELPRO and MKULTRA happened?
>I'm talking about ow if mutants as depicted in the comics were real it would only make sense to have a registry of everybody's powers.
The problem is, such registries are prone to abuse. Ask /k/ about it sometime. Or any given South African.
>>
>>91373293
>>91371890
Fun fact but you are only as popular as your last victory, and even then it depends on the collateral damage. You can shout, "But our army saved you guys fifty years ago!" and people can still respond, "Yeah but last week you blew up a bunch of children's hospitals and puppy kennels!"

But it's worse for mutants (for some reason moreso than other powered groups) because even if you save the world through your amazingly awesome powers average people can still be scared to death of you and what you can do. What happens if you have a bad day? What happens if you get drunk, brainwashed, taken over by a telepath/alien spore, or someone casts a spell to invert your morals?
>>
>>91396048
>If they go around calling themselves the master race and disregarding laws, and treating the world as their playground hating them is only sensible.
Humans do the same shit. Should we kill all the humans?
>>
>>91396115
Humans can't shoot lasers from their eyes
Or mind warp a person to think he's gay permanently
>>
File: 1459730611640.gif (925KB, 405x513px) Image search: [Google]
1459730611640.gif
925KB, 405x513px
>>91396048
>calling themselves the master race
>disregarding laws
>treating the world as their playground
So, every marvel hero? You are just a retard anti-mutant.
>>
>>91396184
Humans got weapons. A shit ton of weapons. It's the same shit
>>
>>91396048
>Never realized that Marvel was for the death of the weak and the rule of the strongest.
I'm sorry but weren't you arguing that your points where based not on the Marvel Universe but the idea of Mutants existing in our Universe>>91395934
>I don't actually have to say anything to this do I? It speaks for itself.
Yes it does speak for itself Mutants are a new evolving species, are they evolved from us yes but, they are a new type of creature and should not be bound to the paradigm of the old species. Any laws affecting Mutants would have to by default be those laws created by Mutants for Mutants and any such "law" that does not meet that criteria is worth nothing
>>
>>91396095
Come to think of it, what is the ratio of Mutants saving the world to threatening it?
>>
>>91396220
Nope mutants are more than capable of dealing with guns

Humans are more helpless in every situation
>>
>>91396082
>You mean the one where COINTELPRO and MKULTRA happened?
You're right bad things have happened I guess we should get rid of all laws and start eating eachother right?
>The problem is, such registries are prone to abuse.
Is that any worse than what might happen if a registry doesn't exist?
Seriously would you want to live in a world where at any moment some person might kill the entire human race because someone didn't want to fuck them?
>>91396115
No human so far has single ad the potential to kill everyone else without any kind of check on their power.
>>91396186
>So, every marvel hero?
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
YES YOU FUCKING MORON
The only difference is that most other superhumans have identities that are unknown and therefore there can't be any official registration of them or their abilities because nobody knows who they are.
But any that are should be made to register too
>>
>>91396333
>Nope mutants are more than capable of dealing with guns
Tell that to the Morlocks.
>>
>>91396350
>Seriously would you want to live in a world where at any moment some person might kill the entire human race because someone didn't want to fuck them?
No, I'd rather live in a world where powerful authority figures can know who to snatch up and brainwash into being their personal attack dogs. The ones who don't use those to ease an attempt at genocidal pogroms.

Which registries have been used for in the past.
>>
>>91396329
Probably ultimately not worth calculating since some of those saves were either secret, off-world, or otherwise erased from time. Also because even if you win you can scare people shitless. It's kind of a catch 22.

Hell, that became Cyclopes' problem. It didn't matter how right he was, you can just run around willy nilly and demand people respect you or else. They might fear you, and through that you'd just end up causing just as many problems as you solve and, worse, you'll have lost the moral high ground, however much that is worth (not much), as you'll be providing graphic evidence of why you're so dangerous and need to be reined in.
>>
>>91396451
>No, I'd rather live in a world where powerful authority figures can know who to snatch up and brainwash into being their personal attack dogs.
Hey idiot, you do realize that every citizen in the country is already registered right?
You have a social security # and various other things like your police record, voter registration, any documents such as drivers license you have ever got which lists your blood type, you have a birth certficate and medical records, all of which can be easily brought up by any government official, so why is adding "o yeah and anon can also shoot lasers out of their eyes" asking too much?
>The ones who don't use those to ease an attempt at genocidal pogroms.
Any of the previously mentioned info is more than enough to find and kill/capture you anyway, all adding their powers would do is give law enforcement a fighting chance should you decide that murdering people with your powers seems like a good idea.
>>
>>91396082
There's an obvious problem here which is that you ultimately need a registry database of mutants. You need to know who and where they are to protect them, right? A mutant alone, especially one who just went active, is untrained and scared, and may just be turned on by even friends and family. But who has run a list of mutants and tends to make superpowered armies? Charles fucken Xavier. Not all of his students go on to save the world, either. He's had some bad eggs. Sometimes he even takes in the bad mutants who, however penitent, have never faced the law or answered for their crimes. He's also had his records compromised.

And naturally it isn't just mutants who fear for, or just fear, mutants. They'll use the same justifications you have. In some cases it makes sense.
>>
>>91396707
>and may just be turned on by even friends and family.
lewd
>>
>>91396762
Hey man, it's a gift AND a curse.
>>
>>91396707
>Sometimes he even takes in the bad mutants who, however penitent, have never faced the law or answered for their crimes.
If you think about it in a pessimistic enough light, Xavier has never done anything out of the kindness of his heart ever, He doesn't stop bad things from occurring because he cares about anyone getting hurt, he just doesn't want anything happening to him, if a mutant is committing a crime he stops it because he doesn't want their actions painting a bad picture of mutants because that will ultimately affect him.
>>
>>91396839
If you think about it pessimistically enough, everything's super edgy, dipshit.
>>
>>91396839
The whole situation can be entirely fucked up. It's easy to see why, sadly, yeah mutant kids should be put in special schools that can care for their special needs. Imagine an adolescent hormonal temper tantrum with a kid with eyebeams? Or the temptations of a telepath leaning towards hypnotic suggestions? Or the poor bastard whose body sprouts porcupine quills? Or a mutant caught in a love triangle? There's all kinds of pressures and temptations to abuse powers. You not only need a place to educate them and teach them how to control their abilities, to show sympathy and understanding because they know what it's like, but also who can handle it when shit goes wrong.

You can almost understand a push to use power suppression technology until they aren't chemically imbalanced kids anymore and can show they can handle their abilities but where does that end? Mandatory power suppression at an airport? At the store? Church? Subway?

Of course it isn't just mutants (Starbrand wiped out his entire college by accident), but they have the highest percentage of powers that activate around the teenage years.
>>
>>91397110
>The whole situation can be entirely fucked up. It's easy to see why, sadly, yeah mutant kids should be put in special schools that can care for their special needs. Imagine an adolescent hormonal temper tantrum with a kid with eyebeams? Or the temptations of a telepath leaning towards hypnotic suggestions? Or the poor bastard whose body sprouts porcupine quills? Or a mutant caught in a love triangle? There's all kinds of pressures and temptations to abuse powers. You not only need a place to educate them and teach them how to control their abilities, to show sympathy and understanding because they know what it's like, but also who can handle it when shit goes wrong.
What you just described reminds me of the comic "Rising Stars" where they did have to separate the "special" kids from normal kids throughout their childhood so they didn't accidentally kills someone.
>but where does that end?
In the comic they assigned a pediatrician/child psychologist with the job of registering the kids powers, assigning them a danger ranking and creating contingency plans should they go rouge, this guy also would teach them to use their powers and create psychological profiles of them, after they grew up they were required to check in with the sheriffs dept whenever they moved and the child psychologist continued to maintain a relationship with them and would note any changes in their personality, this seems like a good way of dealing with the situation.
>>
Where's that picture where peter tells the X-Men "People don't hate you because your mutants, they hate you because your assholes"?
>>
>>91373136
Grant Morrison was alluding to the X-Men actually being ZOIDS.

It's so obvious.
>>
File: evenAliensHateFuckingMutieScum.png (340KB, 835x200px) Image search: [Google]
evenAliensHateFuckingMutieScum.png
340KB, 835x200px
>>91371611
>>
>>91371611
But it's SHADOWCAT you FUCK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>91371611
The problem isn't mutants, the problem is that both big mutant organizations are racial militas that have a revolving door-policy towards each other and that mainly quarrel about how fast they want to replace baseline humanity.

Both are militant and both of them do think that baseline humanity should go extinct in the future and their members are knownt to fluidly switch between actively trying to extinct humanity and actively trying to create a paralel society that wields enough power to extinct humanity.
>>
>>91371611
I don't keep up with Xmen or most Marvel, but how did Kitty become leader?
Like isn't most of the team older and more experienced than her? Wasn't she part of Guardians of the Galaxy or something stupid like that just last year?

Also why did she stop going by Shadowcat?
>>
File: IMG_1219.jpg (20KB, 480x243px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1219.jpg
20KB, 480x243px
>>91382830
>Frogs don't got no dicks.

the fuck is this nigga talkin' about?
>>
>>91371611
You could take all the mutants right out of Marvel and nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>91371611
fuck mutie scum
>>
>>91371611
>Beings that could blow up an entire city with their minds are constantly treated like shit
tbqh humans in the marvel universe are too stupid to live, I wouldn't be surprised if someone drove a nuke into the middle of the city they would all start hitting it with sledgehammers because "I no like big metal thing!"
>>
>>91400412
Sasuga Mouse
>>
>>91371611
> living in a world where you neighbor can read your mind or phase into your walls
> living in a world where a mutante criminal could wipe out half the police department before stopped
Thank God mutants don't exist.
>>
>>91395934
Even in our universe registry list can easily come back to fuck you over so it's not like they'd have no reason to fear it. There are a lot of illegals that singed up for some Obama policy that would allow them to gain legal resident status, I can't remember the name of it, that are sweating now that Trumps in office since he said he'd disband it last time I checked.

Basically unless you're talking about a world where it is universally agreed that Mutants are to be respected as human beings and get all the same rights as us (Rights some of us still don't think other races should have) Mutants still have a chanced to get burned by registering.

It's a catch 22, as a human you'd be retarded to not want mutants to register, but as a mutant you'd be retarded to actually do it.
>>
>>91400412
Agreed. The mutants would be much better off without the chaff that is the rest of the Marvel universe. Who fucking like the Avengers but MCUfags?
>>
>>91373424

Edgy.
>>
>>91374010
>https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/08/marvel-artist-ardian-syaf-hid-anti-christian-jewish-messages-weeks-x-men-comic/

Oh look, the same site I burned over when people were unironically supporting Stan Lee's statements.

Move along
>>
>>91375553
>>91374010

This guy is my new hero.

You have to be this comited to being a troll.
>>
File: 1463051976543.jpg (167KB, 905x882px) Image search: [Google]
1463051976543.jpg
167KB, 905x882px
>>91373293
>>91371890
>>91377521
>>
>>91380835
the whole point is that mutants aren;t a new super species, they're just a new branch of humanity. Morrison tried to push the evolution thing and it didn't really catch on because it takes over the whole setting and his villain was a racist mold spore.
>>
The humans just need to develop their technology more. Then invent a cure for mutants. ;)
>>
>>91371611
Why does she look like a man? no mutants don't deserve anything (no one does) but the polite thing to do is to give respect until someone shows themselves to be unworthy (call it civility if you want)
>>
>>91395934
If they were in our universe they'd be rounded up into camps. The hideous/useless ones would probably be encouraged to be segregated into a mutant only town. The ones that can blend/control themselves could do fuck all. And the powerful/elite would be drafted into the military or killed.

There is just no way even in America that mutants would be allowed to parade around like they do in MC. The US would never let countries like best korea or china have the potential to get a propaganda loving Magneto/Charles level mutant all on their own without some sort of counter measure. I can easily see the gov making the argument that the US constitution does not extend to homo superiors as originally defined by the fore fathers.
>>
>>91389712
What's happening here?
>>
>>91371611

All that comes to mind is that one bit from the Xmen 90s cartoon

>Jubilee: what did i do to deserve this?
>man: YOOU WERE BOOOOOOOORN
>>
File: 1464515351957.jpg (48KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1464515351957.jpg
48KB, 256x256px
>>91401387
>If they were in our universe they'd be rounded up into camps
If they were in our universe, they would be the dominant species. A single omega can wipe out the human race. Magneto alone can BTFO America effortless.
>>
>>91401556
They pretty much breaks all natural laws as we know it. That they got access to lossless matter/energy-conversion and infinite energy's the least broken thing about mutants.
>>
>>91371611
Why is it comics always need to rely on grandstanding speeches and blatant discriminatory terminology to make a point about minority groups? If they're incapable of subtlety, why do these shit writers keep trying?
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.