[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muslim comic book artist puts bigoted ideas into Marvel.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 562
Thread images: 46

File: islamic-marvel.jpg (160KB, 700x729px) Image search: [Google]
islamic-marvel.jpg
160KB, 700x729px
Explanation: https://np.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/646omm/new_marvel_comic_xmen_gold_contain_subliminal/

"QS 5:51" on pic related refers to "Muslims should not take the Jews and Christians as their allies/friends" on Quran.

"212" refers to a anti-non-Muslim movement in a third-world country.
>>
>>91367920
But muslims are third worlders.
>>
>>91367920
>the city of Marvel
>>
>>91367920
Holy shit
>>
File: Capture.png (127KB, 218x213px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
127KB, 218x213px
>>
>>91367920
>durka durks to Allah

What a surprise
>>
>>91367920
>reddit
>literally looking for ways to be offended
Too bad that artist works with a bunch of jews and can be considered their ally.

Also you have a codename Kitty: Shadowcat, it's just really lame.
>>
>>91367920
>"212" refers to a anti-non-Muslim movement in a third-world country.
Forgot to mention, but the comic book artist is from said country, and a supporter of the movement based on his facebook posts.
>>
>Reddit
>>
You understand you have your own board and whole other forum, right?
>>
>unironically linking to le reddit
if you ever wanted an indication of how far /co/ has fallen there you go

also >>>/pol/
>>
>>91367920
Didn't we just have this thread?
>>
File: absolutely-haram.jpg (62KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-haram.jpg
62KB, 600x516px
Pretty sure drawing living beings is forbidden for them.
>>
>>91368043
You're mixing up your harams bro.
>>
>>91368041
Yes but you may have noticed muh controversy threads being reposted over and over and over and over of late. Almost as if this wasn't /co/ at all. Isn't it strange? I wonder (((who))) could be behind it?
>>
>>91367920
Literally what? I'm pretty sure those are issue numbers. You should take this to /pol/, this is your second thread on this topic, I'd rather you didn't spam /co/ with your conspiracy theories.
>>
>>91368041
OP here, tried searching keywords like "Muslim", "Moslem", or "Indonesia" on catalog and archives, but couldn't find anything.
>>
File: 1474139931756.png (9KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1474139931756.png
9KB, 120x120px
>>91368040
>>91368030
>talking about a comic book artist's drawings isn't /co/ related

Really activates the almonds.
>>
>>91368062
It's /pol/, mystery solved.
>>
>>91367976
yes, racist x-men penciller. we know. anyone who has ever read a book with kitty pride in it knows she is a jew.
>>
>>91368070
You're talking about the artist or the drawings, you're talking about subliminal messages.
>take it to /pol/
>>
File: szechuan-sauce.jpg (74KB, 343x960px) Image search: [Google]
szechuan-sauce.jpg
74KB, 343x960px
>>91368070
Not /co/ material if it's not Szechuan sauce or Samurai related.
>>
>>91368067
there's a reason for that
>>
>>91368098
woah so this...is the power...of a mouseketeer...
>>
>>91368070
Dude I wish we could actually have a discussion about this, and maybe we could look at other references that have been put in comics books throughout decades and it would be a fun and interesting thread.

But on this topic? With this OP? No this is going to be a dreadful shit thread. If you are outraged by the OP go write Marvel, maybe they'll care.
>>
>>91368129
OP hure, I'm hurt.
>>
>>91368108
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>91368129
>that time Lois, Clark and Jimmy appeared in Marvel Knights: Spider-Man
Good times
>>
>>91368159
Reddit is literally linked in the OP, fucko.
>>
>>91368129
It's literally comic book-related. If it upsets you, go to another fucking thread. This is my last response to you, you cocksucking fucking retard.
>>
>>91368040
Somehow Tumblr complaining about Reddit invading /co/ is hilarious to me. Some serious pot:kettle action going on here.
>>
>>91368065
Apparently the artist doesn't deny it it and is pretty cocky about it on his facebook (from the little that's not in Indonesian)
What a knobhead, he's getting fired without a doubt.

By the way he also put the Indonesian president in Batgirl.

Got to wonder how that guy got into cape comics if he hates non-muslims.
>>
>>91368166
You can go to
>>
>>91368188

Go to where?
>>
>>91368205
To HELL
>>
>>91368187
I have no ideas what these numbers are supposed to mean, and I'm smart enough to not read a comic about Babs when she's able to walk, or read a comic written by a man who managed to make season 3 and 4 of Arrow worse than season 1.

This all sounds like /pol/ to me, I don't care about these political views or events and them being reference doesn't impact me at all, in fact your thread has had more of an impact on me.

So why are you spreading this propaganda around OP? just ignore it like I do with Snyder and Bendis.
>>
>>91368187
>Apparently the artist doesn't deny it it
Source?
>>
>>91367920
there was another thread earlier that better explained this.
212 is also nyc's area code. it's a clever thing to put in and i wouldn't normally buy it. jewelry is obscured so that you only see jew on one side of kitty and 212 on the other, with the quran passage on colossus' shirt pretty much confirms it. the only real doubt i have is that they're on separate pages. the 212 movement uses that quran passage to justify their shitty actions.
also, putting a quran passage on a russian. bold.
>>
>>91368030
>go away this is a brainwashed board only!
>>
>>91368176
>It's literally comic book-related.
No it's not, take your meds because no one is trying to send you a secret message.
>>
>>91368259
>also, putting a quran passage on a russian. bold.
There are plenty of Muslims in Russia though.
>>
>>91367920

this is really unnacceptable
>>
>>91368264
GB2reddit.
>>
OP here. If you don't believe it or think it doesn't matter, great. I personally find it disgusting someone tried to insert radical Islam references in X-Men comics.
>>
>>91368268
It is comic book related in that an individual artist decided to put this in. It's not comic book related in the sense of some vast Islamist conspiracy.
>>
>>91368233
Not OP, I just wanted to check if there's any substance to this.
It's definitely /pol/ /pol/ing along, but in this case they happen to be correct.
Not that it's that big a deal, I mean nobody is going to read this and go "wtf I hate jews now".

>>91368242
His facebook (Ardian Syaf), as I said.
Can't link it because 4chins thinks it's spam
>>
File: Sciver.png (397KB, 532x588px) Image search: [Google]
Sciver.png
397KB, 532x588px
>>91367920
>tfw Sciver can do this and get off scot free
FUMING
>>
>>91368312
I checked out the facebook and it looks like he's taking a fair bit of flak from fellow Indonesians including Indonesian muslim. I guess it'll be interesting to see the fallout. That verse seems like a really stupid one to choose.
>>
The islam defense force is all-out here.
>>
>>91368274
They've caused problems in the past. Belsan School Massacre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege
>>
>>91368372
And that's where we veer into definitely non-/co/ territory.
>>
>>91368337
There's a difference between expressing disdain for politicians on twitter and hiding messages of religious intolerance in Marvel comic books.
>>
>>91368187
>Got to wonder how that guy got into cape comics if he hates non-muslims.

That just goes with the territory of being a moderate muslim. It's a very commonly held belief. Add in SJW politicising everything, and you get people doing shenanigans such as this.
>>
>>91368379

>O-okay it's DEFINITELY not /co/ related now. M-m-mods!
>>
>>91368382
Now if he had put a pepe on there he'd be a hero.
>>
>linking to reddit
Holy shit, no wonder /co/ is one of the shittier boards on this site.

You need to go back.
>>
>>91368372
Would you consider it bold to have a French or British Muslim character? Russia has an equivalent or higher % of a Muslim population than those countries, and they have also suffered terrorist attacks.

>>91368398
kek
>>
>>91368338
I checked out his face but couldn't read Indonesian so I have no idea what they're saying.
>>
>>91368398
Wow anon, I guess its okay to hide religious hatred in Marvel comics if the stoopid /pol/ bogeyman likes Pepe!
>>
Do you think that we won't get any religious imagery in the upcoming DC Films if this gets momentum?
>>
>>91368312

Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>91368389
He hardly seems moderate and you're a retard if you think SJWs have anything with the islamic resurgence in Indonesia.
>>
>Marvel's nonexistent editorial at work again
>>
>>91368397
Well it is, and unrelated to the topic discussed too. Still didn't report it.
>>
>>91368445

No, but they certainly are NOT helping.
>>
>>91368161
>that time when ethan van sciver disneyfied (before disney brought them too) an issue of morrison's new x-men with lots of hidden sex inuendo.
quesada blew a gasket and fired him, morrison laughed, van sciver did it on purpose so he could work on green lantern rebirth (not the new one) with geoff johns.
>>
>>91368446
>implying anyone who's not a muslim would even realize what that shit means
Marvel editorial is shit, but I won't fault them for not realizing what this means. If the autistic OP didn't find it out, nobody here would notice either.
>>
>>91368437
It is when trolling you with it is so easy. And I'm not a good troll eh?
>>
>>91367920

If you really care tweet this shit to Marvel and the editor of the book instead of complaining here.
twitter.com/danielketchum
twitter.com/MarkPaniccia
twitter.com/axelalonsomarv

Hell, send it to clickbait websites. I'm tired of Marvel's hypocrisy and this is the only way to make this blow up in their faces.
>>
>>91368446
I'm guessing that none of them knew what this was supposed to be referencing, I know that over 90% of people who read that issue without having read this clickbait first will have no idea as well.
>>
>>91368446
>expecting editorial to recognize Quran passages
Maybe if it was Amanat
>>
>>91368473
Damn anon, you got me good dude! I guess we both agree this religious intolerance isn't acceptable at all.
>>
>>91368312

this is a book with a Jew leader (Kitty Pryde) and the writer includes
-a religious text that says muslims should not accept christians or jews or leaders
-the date of a demonstration in Indonesia by islamists against the christian governor of Jakarta

and a store with the word JEWel next to Kitty

If I were Marvel I would fire this islamist
>>
>>91368442
There's not much to screencap, people are calling him out and he isn't responding except with ad hominems.
>>
>>91368486
>Something that actually happened and is relatively noteworthy
>The OP is a link to reddit and an explanation
>Clickbait

What did you mean by this?
>>
>>91368412
>Would you consider it bold to have a French or British Muslim character? Russia has an equivalent or higher % of a Muslim population than those countries, and they have also suffered terrorist attacks.

Not at all. Also, what does the % of Muslims have to do with anything in regards to historical context? Russia has a history of bloody terror attacks since the 60's vs the UK and France. A much better parallel would be inserting the IRA into the UK.

-------------

>>91368445
Anon, but that IS moderate muslim beliefs. Part of the reason I left the religion.
>>
>>91368441
You mean that movie where Superman comes back to life?
>>
>>91368539
Fucking religious fags, forcing their shit into comics, how dare they!
>>
>>91368530
>Anon, but that IS moderate muslim beliefs. Part of the reason I left the religion.
Just a reminder Indonesia is regarded as exemplary moderate Islam at work. And Turkey too in the past.
>>
>>91368520
Maybe cause it's actually nothing? Have you ever thought that maybe...just maybe that he didn't actually put subliminal messages on his comic.
>>
>>91368559
>Just a reminder Indonesia is regarded as exemplary moderate Islam at work.
Said no one ever.
>>
>>91368500
Nah. Intolerance is pretty acceptable when religion is shit.

You're not really grabbing me here trying to explain it like that.
>>
>>91368523
>>Something that actually happened and is relatively noteworthy
Not in any place of the world that actually matters
>>The OP is a link to reddit and an explanation
>>Clickbait
I'm not clicking a link that's going to bait me onto reddit
>What did you mean by this?
Buzzwords, what are you, some kind of newfag?
>>
>>91368530
>Anon, but that IS moderate muslim beliefs.
I wonder how so many muslims manage to have non-muslim friends and coworkers.
>>
>>91368510
>the writer
Is it the writer or the artist? Make up your mind.
>>
>>91368523
>link to reddit
>>
>>91368560
Too much of a coincidence.
212 is a well-known number for anti non-Muslim movement in Indonesia.
The said movement like to refer to this particular Quran phrase QS 5:51.
Artist is also from Indonesia.
His interactions on facebook basically confirms he's a supporter of that movement.
>>
I never really got the point of using magic number codes that will only ever be understood by extremists that use them. Is it just like

>"Hey shoutout to my fellow psychopaths!"

What's the endgame here?
>>
>>91368575
Obama said that.
>>
>>91368575
That's patently false, Indonesia has been long recognized as a nice moderate Islam country.

Considering the other options, it IS a moderate country. They're the most moderate majority country out there. What other country are you going to pick, Saudi Arabia?
>>
>>91368560

they arent subliminal, they are as clear as writing a Leviticus verse and writing a famous date related to that quote.

In his case it was a text about not accepting christians or jews as friends or leaders, and a date about a demonstration of islamists against the christian governor of jakarta (a person you shouldnt accept as leader in a muslim country like Indonesia)
>>
>>91368605
>He doesn't understand how clickbait works
OP doesn't get anything out of you clicking that, its like calling a particularly striking 4chan thread clickbait.
>>
>>91368560
My original claim is that he didn't deny it.
Maybe he didn't put it in there with any malice, but apparently Indonesian readers noticed it pretty overwhelmingly.

That's not what subliminal means. When some edgy shit writes 88 on a wall, he's not actually trying to convince anyone to become a nazi, he's just expressing how much of an edgy shit he is.
>>
>>91368560

I'd give you the 212 could be a coincidence. putting 14 in a comic doesn't mean you are a nazi.
But 5:51 is not a 'regular number' you immediately think of verses. QS 5:51 having that meaning is a little too much of a coincidence, don't you think?
>>
>>91368268
adrian syaf, the artist, isn't denying he did it on his facebook and supports these 212 protests going on in his home country. i checked it out earlier, it's legit.

>>91368187
i don't think he'll get fired for this. muslims have achieved ultimate dindu status.

>>91368389
he's been around for awhile now, and made name for himself at marvel.
>>
/pol/ was a mistake
>>
>>91368337
>equating a silly joke to scripture that literally says to kill white people for God

Stop being a faggot
>>
>>91368640
Doesn't the op get more views to his thread on reddit? Thereby increasing the chance of getting more of whatever the reddit equivalent of (you)'s are?

Yeah, no thanks, I'm not getting baited onto reddit.
>>
>>91368628
>Saudi Arabia
Why would you pick pretty much the worst?

Tunisia or Lebanon are better examples.
>>
>>91368588
>Not in any place of the world that actually matters

It does in the world of comics. Which is why it's posted here.
>>
>>91368471
they're going to star having G Willow Wilson start QC'ing Syaf's work
>>
>>91368679
>white people

Anon, come now.
>>
>>91368618
Hopefully by some miracle someone would look it up and convert/right their wrongs.
>>
>>91368681
Do you think you're going to accidentally make a reddit account and upvote him? This argument is stupid, you tried to discount the OP by implying the story was click bait and thus worthless and now you're backtracking.
>>
File: 1481429268165.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1481429268165.png
1MB, 1280x738px
>>91368673
>muslims have achieved ultimate dindu status.
Yeah that's why they're barred entry to the US regardless of if they commited any crime.
>>
>>91368673

He is not even that good. I'm reading the issue rignt now and half of the time the characters have crossed eyes. I hope he gets fired.

>>91368678
I'm not even /pol/ and I hope this fucker gets fired. If a Christian, Jew, Satanist etc had done this I'd also want them to be kicked out.
>>
>>91368681
That's not how Reddit works, it doesn't rank you on views, it takes you on how many people upvoted your post.
>>
>>91368701
Yeah, its much more inclusive than that! They shouldn't associate with anyone who's not muslim; whether white, black or brown.
>>
>>91368689
Only not really, the majority of comic readers aren't going to understand or care about the reference
>>91368704
You need an actual account for reddit? Why do people go there?
>>
>>91368628
>They're the most moderate majority country out there. What other country are you going to pick, Saudi Arabia?
Saudi Arabia is a fucking shithole and very fundamentalist, what are you on about?
>>
File: arnold-commando.jpg (18KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
arnold-commando.jpg
18KB, 236x354px
OP here, again, it's no biggie if you don't believe it. Or you don't think it matters one bit.
I'm not /pol/ling around. And I also didn't write the reddit thread.

Pic is not related.
>>
>>91368688
Saudi Arabia is not the worst muslim majority country. Saudi Arabia both has a functional government, some veneer of laws, and isn't going to eventually be bombed by the United States.

I'd argue that the various shitholes in africa are the worst.
>>
>>91368723
Exactly. Making it about white people makes you(that poster) the racist as well.

Why leave out a large portion of the world.
>>
>>91368337
>People who have different opinions as me should be fired.

There's a huge difference between making a joke that supports a candidate and wanting to kill the infidels.
>>
>>91368756
We were talking about "nice moderate muslim countries". Saudi Arabia is in no way populated by nice moderate muslims.
>>
>>91368742
If you've actually been on 4chan for more than the last 6 months, you would have passively picked up on how Reddit works just from everyone shittalking it, so you're either pretending you don't know to look cool or you're a newfag.
>>
>>91368742
You need an account to comment in most palces on the internet, sometimes you have to use your facebook account.
That's why many people still come to 4chan.
>>
>>91368742
Accept we do, so the discussion point is whether or not this should be allowed.
>>
>>91368756
>Saudi Arabia both has a functional government, some veneer of laws
Both largely based on the Quran and a variety of muslim/tribal tradition. They're functional, but not moderate by any means.
>>
>There are more people defending the artist on here then on Reddit.

Jesus, we actually are /co/mblr, aren't we?
>>
>>91368673
>it's legit
Just like how Pizzagate was legit. I don't trust your conspiracy theories op.
>>
>>91368795
Had the OP not explained in great detail what these numbers mean no one in this thread would understand them.
>>
>>91368812
Sorry if we didn't buy into your witch-hunt.
>>
>>91368823
So blatant racism is ok, if nobody else speaks your language?
>>
File: mfw virgins.jpg (89KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
mfw virgins.jpg
89KB, 970x545px
>>91368812
Yes, a couple of people having one opinion while other people disagree with it means we're /co/mblr, get with the times already.
>>
>>91368716

Indonesia's not on the list IIRC.
>>
>>91368812
more like pol/co/mblr, the 2 spectrums of facism in a single board
>>
>>91368812
/co/ is unironically the most tumblr 'major' board on 4chan. If you post that cuckold comic on any other board, you get everyone laughing and shittalking it. If you post it on /co/, you get two thirds laughing and shittalking it and one third explaining to the shitlords how its a legitimate fetish.
>>
>>91368678
/pol/ is love
>>
>>91368836
It's not blatant at all though.
>>
>>91367920
What average person would even pick up on that shit?
>>
>>91368823
Indonesian readers would, they're the ones who apparently originally called him out on the Indonesia subreddit.
>>
>>91368823
And I still think OP is bullshitting us.
212 is a New york area code
>>
File: MUH PC.png (835KB, 990x547px) Image search: [Google]
MUH PC.png
835KB, 990x547px
Anons, Tony Stark himself would be ashamed of you.
>>
>>91368847
You've obviously never been on /gif/
>>
File: untitled.jpg (235KB, 700x729px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
235KB, 700x729px
>>91367920
OP.... there's more to it than that
>>
>>91368812

We're just being rational about it.

So far, no evidence has been presented that what OP claims is what it actually is. Until such evidence is brought forth, this just looks like an unfair smear, and we have bigger things to complain about.
>>
>>91368821

Are you mentally retarded? Go to his facebook and the guy clearly supports the 212 movement. No one is saying this will brainwash people into becoming anti non Muslim, it's just a fag trying to sneak his extremist beliefs into a comic and if this was a alt righter putting shit like 88 or 14 he would get fired right away.
>>
File: Marvel1_FatFace.jpg (20KB, 260x196px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel1_FatFace.jpg
20KB, 260x196px
>>91368812
You haven't figured out /co/ is a magnet for people who want to trigger you guys because you take to it so well? Cause since the BatGirl at Comicon shit this is every day for us.

How to trigger /co/:
Pudgey female characters. (Males are fine because we're sexist as hell.)
Reference to Islam (Other religions are fine.)
Brown people or women being uppity
Something we can possibly turn into being anti men or anti white because we're hypocritical.
>>
>>91368835
>>91368838
So how blatant must your messages of religious hatred in superhero comics be before any action gets taken against you?
>>
>>91368867
What's QS 5:51 referencing?
>>
>>91368821
i'm not op. i like my pizza with lots of toppings
>>
>>91368836
Pretty much, yes.
>>91368861
>Indonesian readers
I wonder if this just started as one person and it just snowballed along? I'm betting that's what's happening.
>>91368867
I'm pretty sure you're right anon.
>>
>>91368594
"Friends" as we non-muslims consider them, or just non-muslims they are forced to deal with daily, so they try to act as nicely as possible in order to not make unavoidable interactions unpleasant?
>>
>>91368873
I'm excluding the porn boards where people genuinely have the fetish, I'm talking about
>Gosh shitlords, don't fetish-shame, I thought we were better than this, what would Rebecca Sugar think?!
>>
>>91368823
But some people had to have so we could have this discussion.

>>91368867
He was bragging about it on his Facebook apparently.
>>
>>91368893
That's entirely Marvel's decision at this point.
Not sure why you're replying to me though.
>>
>>91368885
I don't know what the 212 thing is and I certainly don't trust you to tell me.
>>
>>91368838
that guy looks familiar. is that goyer?
>>
>>91368919
One person complains to two people, who complain to two more people and so on. You see how this is working right?
>>
>>91368628
>What other country are you going to pick, Saudi Arabia?

>capital punishment for apostasy, atheism, drug use, adultery, homosexuality which can be carried out by by beheading with a sword, stoning or firing squad, followed by crucifixion
>no political parties allowed
>no freedom of the press
>women cannot drive or do pretty much anything without the permission of their male guardian

Nice moderate country you got there.
>>
>>91368914
Nobody posted shit like that in any of the numerous threads. People did say that they didn't see it as the downfall of the West, for sure.
>>
>>91368924
Sounds like he was holding you to your ideals and standards, a fair question. not sure why you didn't answer him.
>>
File: don-bluth.jpg (85KB, 360x538px) Image search: [Google]
don-bluth.jpg
85KB, 360x538px
OP here again. Believe it or don't.
Draw your own conclusions.
>>
>>91368914

> /co/
> where people want to fuck cartoon characters of all shapes and sizes
> understanding that a weird fetish doesn't actually hurt anybody unless you're forcing an unwilling participant or doing that shit in public

god I wonder why
>>
>>91368924
Okay, how blatant must your messages of religious hatred in superhero comics be before *you* think there's anything wrong with it?
>>
>>91368882

QS 5:51

https://quran.com/5/51
>>
>>91368906
>I wonder if this just started as one person and it just snowballed along? I'm betting that's what's happening.
Probably, yeah. So?
>>
>>91368932

What? You don't have to trust me. Google it. and then look at Ardian Syaf facebook.
If it wasn't for the QS 5:51 I'd not have believed it either. But twice is not a coincidence.
>>
>>91368943
Okay? So your argument changed from.

>No one understands it.

to

>One person understands it, so now it's circulating so everyone does.

Glad we can both agree it's something worth talking about.
>>
>>91368954
No shit, no ones crying into their cereal, its stil /tumblr/ as fuck to get upset when everyone has a good laugh at the cuckold comic.
>>
>>91368956

A reference that doesn't require me to either be personally part of a social movement or have a degree in religious studies.
>>
>>91368975
And I suppose the non-muslim Indonesians who pick up X-Men and find messages suggesting they shouldn't aspire to be anything of value in their country because they're infidels, that doesn't matter? Is it because they're a minority, or is it just because it doesn't affect you?
>>
>>91368979
I've been on this board for longer than tumblr has been a thing. I bet you sure as fuck haven't.
>>
>>91368912
So nobody who's a muslim òf any denomination ever had a durable genuine positive connection to a non-muslim?
Is that your actual claim?
>>
>>91368979
>to get upset

the board got upset because you can only laugh at the same dumb comic so many times. First thread? Yeah, it's funny. Tenth? Not funny and now we have to talk about the topic of the comic itself.
>>
>>91369001
So what, faggot? I said this board is tumblr as fuck and it is. Go fap to encylopedia dramatica or something.
>>
>>91368919
Well apparently you don't have to post any evidence of said bragging bit still expecting me to take everything on hearsay.
>>
>>91369000
I think you're commenting to the wrong person m8.
>>
>>91369013
>It's not that this thing is problematic, its just so boring...

The oldest line in the book.
>>
>>91368914
Literally every weird fetish is okay here, shit that's much weirder than cucking. I think you're misunderstanding the responses as specifically defending cucking when people do that shit with literally every fetish.

Not that I'm happy with that, but thinking it's only about cucking says more about you than it does /co/.
>>
>>91368947
>your ideals and standards
What ideals and standards did I express here >>91368838 ?
>>
>>91368972
I did google it and you're full of shit. 212 is a political protest cry against their president and it's a reference to a 70s fictional character.
>>
>>91368991
Ahh, cool as shit, so you wouldn't mind references to how gays need to be stoned sprinkled throughout your comics as long as you personally don't understand them?

And even if it came out later, you wouldn't want anything to be done about it because at least the artist hid it well enough?
>>
>>91368935
Yes.

>>91368956
I already think there's something wrong with this one. Again, not sure why you'd assume otherwise simply because I contradicted you "hurr /co/mblr" comment.
>>
File: Harvey_Bullock.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Harvey_Bullock.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>91368855
i recognized the QS 5:51 as a muslim passage on colossus' shirt, and thought it was weird. didn't what passage though. didn't make the connection of kitty the jew and 212. that page, i caught the word jew next to kitty and chuckled, and assumed the 212 was for nyc's area code. later when say the other thread on this. hell of a coincidence, a jewish woman saying she is the leader of a group standing next to the 212, then finding out what 212 means in the Syaf's home country, and what the passage QS 5:51 is about. hell of a coincidence is all i'm sayin...
>>
>>91369052

if you are somehow implying that threads about controversial topics don't go to shit after the second one or so (if they even last that long) then you must have starting posting literally yesterday.
>>
>>91367920
OMG Alt Right found their version of being offended at people mentioning 14 or 88
>>
>>91369053
>Literally every weird fetish is okay here
The day someone comes into a Dobson thread and starts lecturing about how inflation is perfectly normal and we're being shitlords will be sad day indeed.
>>
>>91367920
Quick everyone! Break out the red lines! That won't make me look like a nutjob!
>>
>>91368879
colossus got rid of his zangief beard and mohawk
>>
>>91369102
Then don't open them? Why the fuck would the solution to that be to start defending cuckolding of all things? Your argument doesn't add up at all.
>>
>>91369074
>212 is a political protest cry against their president
Opposition tried to make the governor election into a religion issue.
Incumbent governor is a Christian and not Malay-descent.
Conveniently, they tried to tie the issue to the current President. Trying a pseudo-coup of sorts, at least to undermine his electability.

Moral of the story, don't live in a third-world country. Stories like this are common.
>>
>>91369052
Not even them but it's true though, jokes get old faster than ever with the internet involved and already low hanging jokes just get beat into the ground.
>>
>>91368958
>Sounds like Leviticus
But in all seriousness, Never take religious text at face value.
>>
>>91369103
So you'd be fine with people purposely slipping in 14 or 88 in comic books to signify how all other races are inferior?
>>
>>91369122
>Why the fuck would the solution to that be to start defending cuckolding of all things?

> why is /co/ easy to bait

oh god, you really ARE new.
>>
>>91368821

literally look him up, and look into the fucking imagery in that comic you stupid shit. its not a conspiracy if its in the open
>>
>>91369145
>oh god, you really ARE new.

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>91368895
O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people.
>>
>>91369078
>Ahh, cool as shit, so you wouldn't mind references to how gays need to be stoned sprinkled throughout your comics as long as you personally don't understand them?

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, you can put "jasjnadj" into your work and tell me it means "death to all queers" and it won't bother me because without any sort of context whatsoever it's just a bunch of letters.
>>
File: 1098652768749.png (6KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1098652768749.png
6KB, 500x450px
>>91367920
>>91368000
I guess he was triggered that he had to draw a jew protag
>>
>>91369147
And we should care because...?
>>
>>91369074
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/02/asia/jakarta-indonesia-protest-ahok/
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/12/indonesians-rally-governor-purnama-blasphemy-161202055726769.html

They are not simply 'rallying against the president' they are rallying against perceived blasphemy.
>He is currently standing for re-election as governor, and has faced attacks on his Christian faith, with some opponents claiming that Muslims were forbidden by the Quran to vote for him.
It is clearly a movement by extremist to try to take power from a more secular leader.

How do you explain QS 5:51? Why would a sport shirt will have that?
>>
>>91369074
>212 is a political protest cry against their president
That's exactly what OP claims it to be. Or more accurately it's the governor of Jakarta
>Tens of thousands of Muslims gather in capital demanding Basuki Tjahaja Purnama be jailed for insulting the Quran.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/12/indonesians-rally-governor-purnama-blasphemy-161202055726769.html
>>
>>91369165
Sounds like the kind of thing muties would preach to be honest.
>>
>>91369104
You obviously haven't been here for that long if you haven't seen any inflation fetishists around.
>>
File: shantideva-worry.jpg (318KB, 980x1363px) Image search: [Google]
shantideva-worry.jpg
318KB, 980x1363px
>>91369170
You don't need to.
As all issues, some will care and some won't.
>>
>>91368560

How fucking afraid must you be?

Like there's literal proof that this guy supports terrorism and Muslim supremacy and you're saying it's nothing because you're afraid of hurting someone's feelings.

Hand in your balls at the office.
>>
>>91369170
Nobody gives a fuck if you care, faggot. Just stop shitting up the thread with your passive aggressive 'stop talking bad about muslims lalalla' bullshit. If you don't care, don't respond to me, don't respond to him and do something you enjoy doing.
>>
>>91369194
Oh I have, but I also don't see people getting butthurt when people make fun of Dobson for it.

Yet, anyway.
>>
>>91369195
The only people who care about this are /pol/ rejects who are afraid of TEH MOOSLUMS. Sorry that your world didn't remain white and pure, but you lost that battle years ago.
>>
>>91369165
Yeah I'm asking what it means if not that.
>>
>>91369203
>TRIGGERED
>GET OUT OF MY SAFE SPACE FAGGOT
>>
>>91368043
that's with statues, though iirc many muslims believe it also applies to drawings

>>91369170
because someone drew racist and xenophobic remarks under the radar, lying and potentially compromising marvel?
>>
>>91368958
Syaf is getting shit on both sides of this. a lot of his fellow countrymen are accusing of being "an ally to them among you the indeed he is them." for drawing western capeshit and taking infidel money. that guy is about to have a shitty weekend
>>
artist inserts his shitty beliefs in the work he's doing, news at eleven
have you fine gents heard about templeos?
>>
So how is this obscure Indonesian political shit going to affect me in the long run?
>>
>>91369223
>You have to be /pol/ to care about a guy who's putting subliminal messages in his book indicating that two large groups of people are lesser beings.

Sure thing Lefty/pol/
>>
File: 1470388703879.jpg (29KB, 226x254px) Image search: [Google]
1470388703879.jpg
29KB, 226x254px
>>91369223

Fuck the right off. I'm not /pol/ but I don't support artist doing shaddy shit like this.
>>
>>91369176
>>91369177
>it's muslim extremist
Or it could be people protesting against what they perceive to problem in their government.
People have a right to protest.
>but what about the quran quote?
It's a warning against being too chummy with non-believers, something that you find in judaism and Christianity.
>>
>>91369242
>Hanging around in a thread making a dozen or so posts talking about how you so totally don't care and have no opinion on the topic
>Gets told to fuck off to another thread then
HAHAHA TRIGGERED YOU xD
>>
>>91369242
Ironically you're the one who looks like you want to get people out of your safe space by actively trying to shut down discussions that hurt your fee fees.
>>
>>91369245
Something that has happened time and time. Just you care now because it's not your racism and xenophobia on display. How quickly the right becomes the left and starts screaming about racism and hurt feefees.
>>
>>91369223
I don't exactly care, but I don't think it's okay for people to openly express hate towards other people through Disney-licenced comic. And the fact that it's thinly-veiled (enough so that people caught on it) doesn't really change much.

I have no issues with Mulsims in general btw.
>>
>>91369201
>Like there's literal proof that this guy supports terrorism and Muslim supremacy
Uh no there isn't, there is proof that he's a muslim activist but not any proof that he supports islamism.
>>
>>91369139
Show me proof it was purposely done
>>
>>91369201
>terrorism
Well not that, no.
He's a shithead but he doesn't support terrorism, at least not openly.
>>
>>91369266
Name one Jew artist and one Christian artist who blatantly put that shit in a major comic by Marvel or DC.
>>
>>91369245
But are they truly controversial remarks? What do you know of Indonesian politics that you so easily accept that idea that he's a radical muslim.
>>
>>91368212
You're ten thousand years too early to try and take ME down, kiddo.
>>
>>91369274
>Not offended by this and aren't emotionally reacting to something.
>You're offended and buttblasted because someone put stupid shit in comic books and are crying about it being in comic books deflowering them.
>HAHAH YOU WANT THE SAFE SPACE, NOT ME! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. GTFO FAGGOT

You ladies should just start wearing flannel and hoop earrings.
>>
>>91369279
what? I'm not even american.

hiding political undertones from your co-workers are inexcusable no matter what.
>>
Does anyone have an archive link to his Facebook.

Because he deleted comments supporting this.
>>
>>91368958

And why does QS mean Quran?
>>
>>91369258
The guy who made TempleOS didn't sneak it in existing operating systems he doesn't own.
>>
>>91369323
I'm Indonesian. Using a Quran verse to stop people re-electing a competent governor just because he's not a Muslim sounds pretty radical to me.
>>
why don't you bomb more syrian civilians if you're so mad, america
>>
>>91369335
More like.

>This is a topic we should be talking about as it is rather major.

>N-N-NO! DON'T TALK ABOUT IT! RREEEEEEE, IT'S NOTHING!!!!!
>>
>>91369266

What problem? Read the articles.
>opponents say that the Quran prohibits them from voting for the Christian candidate
>Christian candidate quotes Quran and says that people that claim those who vote for him will go to hell are liars
>somehow this is blasphemy and Islamist groups are protesting this

You really don't see what's wrong here?

I don't know the bible so I don't know about verses that call for the deaths of other religious groups, but I would be equally pissed off if a comicbook artist 'sneakily' put it in a book where it doesn't belong.
>>
>>91369378
Why would the US need to bomb Syrian civilians when Syria's already doing the job for them?
>>
>>91369352
Guessing something like quran scripture?
>>
>>91369297
Really? 'cause Daredevil draped himself on a cross which could be offensive to Christians. Colossus was from a false Russia where apparently the only technology present was industrial-era tractors. Storm was a primitive African who didn't know what a shirt and shoes were and was celebrated as a goddess by people who apparently were too stupid to know better. She also needed to be saved by a white man.

Any of these things can be considered hatred towards people if you twist it enough. If anyone is going to demand its acceptable to draw Mohammed even though it is hateful to do so, they can't then demand no hatred elsewhere.

You, and others, only care because this hatred that you see is from Muslims to Jews and Christians. It's against you, and that makes you break out the -isms, rainbow dye, and tumblr posts.
>>
>>91369266
>It's a warning against being too chummy with non-believers, something that you find in judaism and Christianity.
Right, but that usually isn't referenced in cape comics, let alone those where they've been pushing the diversity and acceptance message for decades. And if they are, it's by Apocalypse, or Magneto. You know, villains.
>>
>>91369357
>I'm Indonesian
I'm sure you are.
>>
>>91369352
S stands for surah. The individual chapters of the Quran.
>>
>>91369356
only because he's too insane to be hired
>>
>>91369394
No, sounds exactly like what the religious right do.
>and those are the moderates.
>>
>>91369392
You can talk about whatever you want, Downie. I'm pointing out that you're shitting yourselves in Sarkeesian-esque style and that it's silly to react viscerally to something that is not remotely major. The same way that others would laugh at microaggressions, I'm laughing at you.
>>
>>91369394
I don't think there is one in the bible. Maybe in the Old Testament, but the point would be moot since those laws are undone in the New Testament.
>>
>>91369429

And yet the SJWs want to court the muslim version of the religious right.
>>
>>91369417

Alright, I'm appeased.
>>
>>91369429

>religious right do.
Who?
Also nice whataboutism.
>>
What does this topic have anything to do with reddit? You could've posted the pic without linking reddit. Literally Kys.
>>
>>91367920
Just tinfoil hat nonsense. This doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>91369404
>Daredevil draped himself on a cross which could be offensive to Christians.

How is that offensive?

> Colossus was from a false Russia where apparently the only technology present was industrial-era tractors.

Poor farmers don't exist?

>torm was a primitive African who didn't know what a shirt and shoes were and was celebrated as a goddess by people who apparently were too stupid to know better.

She has control over the weather, that sounds like a pretty good reason to me.

None of these scream offensive. However, putting in a verse saying two large groups of people are lesser beings? Yeah, that kinda is.
>>
File: cooking-with-dog.jpg (75KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
cooking-with-dog.jpg
75KB, 700x393px
>>91369502
OP here.
Because the reddit link contains a more thorough explanation.

>Literally Kys.
I won't. You're going to Hell for that.
>>
>>91369404
And yet none of those openly *preach* for hate and disdain of other humans, they're just clumsy and/or lazy representations of those specific demographics, problematic if you will.
It's more comparable to Kitty having a conspicuously Jewish nose in this book compared to other artists.

Nobody is demanding Marvel artists draw Muhammad, and none of this controversy would exist if that artist put those references in work that he owns rather than in Marvel comics.

I'm neither Jewish nor Christian, I just don't like open discrimination whoever the target. Nice ad hominems btw.
>>
>>91369536

You could have just copy pasted it and saved everyone the trouble.
>>
>>91369517
>it doesn't mean anything I swear! Total coincidence!
the generic defense force against mudslimes.
>>
>>91369429
So?
I'm amazed by how often I have to say that because some people act like retards isn't an excuse for others to act like retards.
>>
>>91369186
>>91369186
they have put their kind ahead of the greater good in the past. granted it's usually because they're on the verge extinction, except for the time when Morrison was running the show.
>>
>>91369438
No, you're trying to shut down discussion.

Also, I wouldn't exactly call this a microagression.
>>
File: little-stevie-wonder.jpg (20KB, 400x336px) Image search: [Google]
little-stevie-wonder.jpg
20KB, 400x336px
>>91369556
Then I'd need to fix the formatting. Too much work.
>>
>>91369459
No, they want to court the liberal muslims.
>>
>>91369536
How is it that none of your pics aside from the OP have been /co/ related? Somehow I get the impression that you're not from this board.
>>
>>91368481
Holy shit, we should totally do it. Can someone name a few clickbait websites? I only know of daily mail
>>
>>91369581

They're doing a very poor job then since they defend half the shit they attack the religious right for just because a muslim does it.
>>
>>91369586
I'm not. I usually hang around /a/, /adv/, /ck/, and /fa/.
>>
>>91369477
It's not whataboutism, the muslims and religious right are extremely similar, especially when it comes to our extremists.
>>
>>91369586
What does it matter if he's from this board or not? His discussion is still very on topic.
>>
>>91369608

The difference is, one of them is out there causing mayhem and destruction. The other are for the most part impotent.
>>
>>91369557
Wouldn't it be defense force FOR mudslimes, dipshit?
>>
>>91369586
>Don Bluth
>not /co/
>>
>>91369608

>our
I'm not American buddy. I'm from an actually secular country. So I find anyone 'rallying' about blasphemy from the president not justifiable.
>>
>>91368678
/pol/ is better than this shithole has ever been
>>
>>91369702
Nah.
>>
>>91369229
it means that muslims are not friends with jews and christians. allah turns their back on them, and the muslims who hang out with them.
more extreme interpretations say it means not to be ruled by infidels. one can interpret this passage as a reason the why the mostly military age syrian male "refugees" that are actually mostly from other muslim countries chimp out and act like savages when they reach west and get all their free shit.
>>
The point is, never trust a devout muslim, as they are permitted by their faith to lie and murder if it furthers the cause of Islam.
>>
>267 replies
>51 posters
Really makes you think.
>>
>>91369702
Only when it was /mlpol//.
>>
>>91369737

If there's anything GOOD about Ms Marvel or DC's Muslim Green Lantern, is that they don't give that scripture the time of day.
>>
>>91369378
You're thinking of russia. There were no casualties in the US strike.
>>
>>91369737
You literally can't read or follow a reply chain.

I know it means that, I originally was replying to someone who though 212 was just a NY area code and asking them what they think the other reference is.

>the mostly military age syrian male "refugees"
I know /pol/ loves that meme but 46% of Syrian refugees are female, and there are children too (no, not just obvious adults disguised as children).
>>
Sorry, OP, /co/mblr would only care if some artist put 1488 in a book
>>
>>91369777
People feel strongly enough about this topic to reply to people who've replied to them?
>>
File: C79336-UwAE8jhI8.jpg (113KB, 750x913px) Image search: [Google]
C79336-UwAE8jhI8.jpg
113KB, 750x913px
>Islam
>>
>>91369877
More like /co/ just doesn't give a shit, other threads with similar number of replies has over a hundred posters.
>>
>>91369606
/co/mblrinas are pretty dense. don't take it personal, most of them are just kids
>>
File: 1329828099_136.jpg (35KB, 512x340px) Image search: [Google]
1329828099_136.jpg
35KB, 512x340px
>>91369404
>Russia where apparently the only technology present was industrial-era tractors
So it was pretty fucking accurate.
>>
>>91369922
Don't you mean
>more like only a small part of /co/ gives a shit
Which is fine

>other threads with similar number of replies has over a hundred posters.
Of the 12 top threads with 100+ replies in the catalog, only 3 have more than 100 posters. And that includes threads with 400+ replies.

You're extrapoling the "it's just OP samefagging" method wrong.
>>
>>91368274
More's the pity.
>>
>>91367920
Lol, the reddit thread is removed.
>>
>>91369404
>>91369404
>'cause Daredevil draped himself on a cross which could be offensive to Christians.

This is where anyone reading the post should've stopped reading the post.
>>
>>91369139
I'm sure you're fine with being another flavor of the oversensitive Tumblrinas.

Do you need a Trigger Warning in your comics buddy?
>>
>>91368678
/pol/ is a board if peace
>>
>>91368681
You don't have to go to reddit to understand the issue talked about. I didnt click on the link but I've read the thread. Stop being autistic.
>>
>>91369536
>relying on reddit to make argument for you
Are you really refugee from /pol/ after last week?
>>
>>91368742
I'm glad your stupidity is keeping this thread bumped
>>
>>91370134
You should be glad. The reddit thread was just removed.
>>
>>91369429
>We can't complain about these faggots over here because there's still those faggots over there

Hey Ardian if it's any consolation I was more distracted by the confusing panel layout
>>
>>91369786
that shit was awesome. i couldn't believe the amount of nazi ponies being posted. bronies are weird fuckers, but they're fun. i'm kind of curious if the 4th Reich has risen in /mlp/ yet.
>>
I like how even Neogaf isn't OK with this, but /co/, proving how /tumblr/ it truly is, is standing up for this.
>>
File: 1444708759458.jpg (44KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1444708759458.jpg
44KB, 282x341px
I'm assuming he's already got several future issues completed as well as a few more still working on

Has Marvel ever taken an artist off a major book in the beginning of its run?
>>
>>91368594
I'm a Muslim, and I'm currently studying a health care course. There's one other Muslim on my course, and he and I don't really get along. No bad blood, but he's a weirdo. The people on my course that I do hang out with are non-Muslims, as are the majority of people I work alongside at placement. Before I started my course, I used to work in hospital and many of my colleagues were non-Muslims. The only reason I would not have hung out with them is because they're closer to my parents age, than mine.

My social group is made up of plenty of non-Muslims; Christians, Hindus, agnostics, and even atheists. The last friend I hung out with is a white girl.

I actually wonder how many of you even know a real Muslim. Not know of, but actually personally know.
>>
>>91370277
But the quran says you can't be friends with jews and Christians.
>>
>>91370277
My brother's wife and her family are Muslim (Bosniaks).

But get this they're only actually Muslim when it serves a purpose of pissing Serbs off.
>>
>>91370277
Only guys I really talked to were Kemalist Turks. As in pro strong state, against religious entanglement. One wants to join the German armed forces and toss out the Turkish passport because he is strongly opposed to Erdogan.
>>
>>91370258
>/co/ beat both reddit and neogaf in the sjw game
Time to nuke the board
>>
>>91369170
>nobody cares about me, why should I care about anything?
>>
File: yj2.gif (1MB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
yj2.gif
1MB, 150x150px
>>91367920
>I've not been on 4chan in awhile; why did I ever stop browsing it?
>Oh, it's worse than I remember.
Bye.
>>
>>91370258
You can only be outraged by so many things before you ask yourself if you shouldn't be sketical.
>>
Random side-character gets race-swapped for the movie adaptation:
>reeeee fucking Holywood JEWS putting niggers in my comic book movies
Guy put subliminal political message about how he hates christians and jews:
>do you have proof, idiotic /pol/tard? Always triggered by muslims, uh?

This board is so confusing.
>>
>>91370432
Maybe it is different people senpai. That said the anon continually refusing to accept the 212 thing and Quran verse is clearly a troll.
>>
>>91368594
I grew up in DC with a bunch of Muslim kids whose parents came over in the 70s-90s. Played Halo at one of their houses like every day after school (couldn't afford games at the time and we were cool as fuck). Not that I never fought with any of them, but it was never religion-based dispute.
I'm aware drama with roots in Islamic fundamentalism happens in the US, I've seen plenty out-of-towners with signs about killing Jews and gays and non-believers, but I can't think of a time something like that happened in my area and I wonder why it's an outlier when there's so many fucking Muslims living there.
>>
>>91370432
I imagine the people crying about the race swap, are the same people who are anti-Muslim.
>>
>>91369223
Disney will care about messages of exclusion being slipped into their product. He'll be fired.
>>
>>91370481
Only if this gets enough media coverage. Reddit thread is already removed.
>>
Something that's not too clear to me. How is simply referencing a verse of the Koran supposed to be anti islamic? Even if it's something commonly focused on by fedoras or haters, it's still just a direct citation to their holy book.
>>
>>91370509
I wonder (((who))) is behind it.
>>
>>91370277
This guy >>91368594 here. I was trying to point out that many mulsims do have non-muslims friends and coworkers (like some of my friends and coworkers who are muslim but still hang out and work with me), maybe I worded it wrong.
>>
>>91370523
Read better, it's anti-Jew/Christian/Non-Muslim.
>>
File: HcHd7FM.jpg (45KB, 300x453px) Image search: [Google]
HcHd7FM.jpg
45KB, 300x453px
>>
>>91369404
None of those things are offensive, Arif
>>
File: 7bfe235533e3596f41abe6ea6fec00a5.jpg (366KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
7bfe235533e3596f41abe6ea6fec00a5.jpg
366KB, 1152x864px
>>91369223
1.I don't like hidden agendas in my distractive media like movies/games/comics/etc...

2. Same people that are causing #1 are trying to bring about a muslim crusade or trying to get everyone pissed off at each other for some reason.

3. Why the fuck is it everytime something doesn't agree with the happy global peace thought that /pol/ gets blamed, people outside of there can have the same thoughts cause globalism and peace suck ass.
>>
>>91369840
i'm not real familiar with ms marvel, but simon baz always seemed pretty normal. johns (who is part lebanese) based him partially on his own upbringing making him a lebanese dude from dearborn, mi. a suburb of detroit. growing up in the detroit area myself, i can say the lebanese are the most populous and have been there almost a century. their muslims are pretty chill compared to most. lebanese christians (like Johns) are no different that any other christian american. they have awesome food too.

DC has a nice habit of treating their minority characters like people, and not props. Ms. Marvel's writer seems to have done a similar thing. I'm afraid that won't last once she decides to move on from the title.
>>
>>91370553
Mods, trying to sweep any controversy under the rug? I wonder if we can get some clickbait site to cover this. That would be dope.
>>
>311 replies
>65 posters
The number of posters doesn't really budge. Stop samefagging plese. It's clear the average /co/ anon doesn't care about this. Just let this thread die.
>>
>>91370596
Yes, but it's still a part of the Koran. I mean if I started printing out Korans WITHOUT that verse, or asked that it be removed from future editions, or said that any part of the Koran was hateful, I would expect muslims to lose their shit, charlie hebo style.

There's no context saying that the verse is bad, or wrong, or anything in the book. It's simply the index number of the verse.
>>
>>91370523
And printing it on a Russian Orthodox doesn't mean anything, either.
"O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people."
I guess we have a Christian who is an ally to a Jew there?
And does the author not call himself a Christian/Jew with this? He's working in one of the Jew-heaviest industries out there.
This shit makes no sense to me.
>>
>>91370432
>subliminal
inigomontoya.jpg

I disaprove of this artist but that's not what "subliminal" means.

>This board is so confusing.
Only if you refuse to read all the people ITT who disaprove of this, or the people who don't mind raceswaps. It's almost like you need to be constantly told that /co/ is not a hivemind.
>>
>>91369404
hello Arif
>>
File: fear of allah in you.jpg (429KB, 1600x839px) Image search: [Google]
fear of allah in you.jpg
429KB, 1600x839px
>>91370651
Really gets the old neurons firing.
>>
>>91369598
Bleeding cool, duh
>>
>>91370481
He's a decent artist so I wouldn't want him fired, just have the editor pay attention to these details he puts in his books.
>>
>>91370651
I never got this meme.
>>
>>91370660
I thought Peter was a socalist athiest. I don't think he'd wear anything that edgy though. I could imagine him not knowing what is said.
>>
>>91370651
>STOP TALKING ABOUT IT DAMN IT, ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE
>>
>>91370463
Imagine how it is being a European who lives around muslims every day with no issues, but gets told by people that they're all out to decapitate me and the nice ones are merely pretending or don't count as muslims.
>>
>>91370707
That makes even less sense, then.
Unless he's on an anti-Islam bent and wants to remind people of how shit their book is.
>>
>>91370722
Enjoy your peace truck convoys, Sweden.
>>
>>91369860
i spent 3 months in france last year. that's bullshit. i've dealt with those fuckers first hand. there are barely any women or children among them.
>>
>>91370722
Yeah, I don't think I have seen a true Scotsman in my life, either.
>>
>>91370647
As I've said in a previous thread, most minority characters in Marvel are handled in a similar way DC ones are, the notable exceptions are "muh feminism" white female characters.
>>
>>91370676
They don't allow tips to be submitted from outside of the US.
>>
>>91370651
Obviously 65 people care. That's about the number of posters in your average general.
>>
>>91370760
They keep their women inside the house covered up, women who walk on the streets alone are considered prostitutes
>>
>>91370722
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s

So sick of hearing this >muh pissful mudslimes.
>>
>>91370838
why the fuck do gays and feminists fight for them then?
>>
>>91370760
So anecdotal evindence beats official stats? Is that only true when it goes with your narrative or in general?
>>
>>91370873
Maybe stop talking with people who frequent muslims in everyday life, then.
>>
>>91368129
>It's a dreadful shit thread because it's critical of Ahmed
I wonder if it's peaceful being this fluoridated
>>
>>91367920

Why did she give all that useless exposition to the police? Why in hell would they care about her lack of a nickname or her insecurities? Let them do their jobs in peace.
>>
>>91370965
Guggenheim is a hack.
>>
>>91370887
>>>91370838
>why the fuck do gays and feminists fight for them then?

That's a damn good question, anon.
>>
>>91370887
Gay's that fight for them are a minority, most gay people want to be left alone, feminists are just mentally ill and think covering yourself and your kids up is something to be proud about
>>
>>91370760
forgot to add that most of the women and children are still waiting in fugee camps in turkey. my source, muslim fugees. mixed bag that lot. some were pretty friendly, others seemed borderline psychotic. also, in 3 months, i came across 4 syrian refugees out of dozens that were actually from syria. they make no bones about it, an Eritrean dude told me that he and most of the people he came in with were only there because they were promised a place to live and free shit.
>>
>>91370928
>obviously hasn't watched the video

bur
>>
>>91370463
This, people think I'm a tumblrfag when I say that most Muslims I know are okay but in Northern Virginia they actually are; the valedictorian at my school was a gay muslim kid and there was zero drama with his family, yet we consistently get faggot protesters coming to the District calling for people to be beheaded. Is it the Unitarian presence? Is it mutual hatred of protest-tourists? I want to know why it isn't a problem here when everyone else says it's a problem where they are
>>
>>91371018
Muslims who assimilate are fine. They don't assimilate in Europe. The US's problem seems to be that some kids of immigrants hate their lives and decide to go the religious equivalent of school shooter.
>>
>>91371018
Cause there is a group of assholes being funded to stir shit up everywhere, who are they no idea but they are there.
>>
>>91371080
>They don't assimilate in Europe.
Do you live in Europe?
>>
File: feminists on islam.jpg (292KB, 1280x812px) Image search: [Google]
feminists on islam.jpg
292KB, 1280x812px
>>91367920
It's okay, they are not white straight males, they are allowed.
>>
>>91370509
Indonesians are talking about on FB. At least one guy linked in the reddit thread has complained directly to Marvel. If Rich gets it, that'll snowball western market awareness.
>>
surprised how Rich isn't lapping this up. And speaking of Rich, anyone have any idea why he just made a bunch of articles against Levitz? I mean now I'm seeing people thinking Levitz was a real bad guy
>>
>>91371007
I've watched part of it. I've never claimed that all muslims were peaceful, or that the violent fringe is not a huge problem, or that they should not be portrayed as violent, so I don't really see how it applies here.

The original point is that, yes you can be considered a muslim and have non-muslim friends and co-workers and do fine with them.
>>
>>91371107
No, but the situation can be looked at by all.
>>
This is what happens when you invite muslims.
>Look guise we are so nice and liberal by inviting these poor muslims
>Let's just ignore that they are saying death to all jews
This reminds me of how in Germany it's illegal to openly hate jews unless you are muslim.
>>
>>91371123
>five minute video
>part of it

I've read the first sentence of your post. I'm not going to read the rest of it or read any further posts made by you.
>>
>>91371107
*truck honking in the distance*
>>
>>91371117
>hating Levitz
Why? The guy wasn't perfect, but he did a lot of good things. Even a current-DC-hater like Waid still acknowledges that.
>>
>>91370651
You fucked up Adrian
>>
>>91371018
Most Muslim's that come to America are OK because there's a reason they want to come to America and be American. The issue in Europe is with massive amounts of refugees who haven't prepared to give up their old life and become European there will be culture clash. Life is radically different in their home countries on what is acceptable behavior. This isn't even to say it's a problem with all of them but often times when you mass migrate like this you are likely to stay with your group and when that happens group mentality makes it more likely that you will act ridiculously. This is why there were reports of "Muslim rape groups" in Germany on new year's, because when a bunch of drunk people get together with a widely different opinion of women walking around on new year's in skimpy clothes bad things will happen
>>
>>91371146
>it's illegal to openly hate jews unless you are muslim.

I mean black people call each other niggas, why cant sand people hate each other?
>>
>>91370660
imagine the shitstorm if a reference to old/new testament or torah was printed on Kamala's t-shirt
>>
>>91369170
Muslims are the enemy of all who live, Anon. Europeans, Africans, Americans, Chinese, Jews, Indians, Slavs, Southeast Asians, the few surviving non-Muslim Middle Easterners. There's barely a place on earth where Muslims live next to non-Muslims that there isn't violent conflict.
>>
Why are muslims such bigots all the time? I mean sure every group has their extremists but muslims are permanently set to 11 at all times.
>>
>>91371162
>I can't express myself, so let me post a video that's only tangentially related to the topic at hand and ignore you pointing it out it's only tangentially related and a waste of time
Faggot.
I skimmed through it, the whole argument is that violent minorities matter, which again, I never fucking claimed otherwise.
I don't need to sit through 5 examples of past cases where that happened BECAUSE IT DOESN'T CONTRADICT ANYTHING I SAID.
>>
OP doesnt know what "subliminal" means, but the bigoted references are legit.

Its a shame to see disney shills try to deflect this as "g-g-go back to /pol/" stuff.
>>
>>91371205
Why is Europe so shit at bringing people into their countries? Finland forces refugees to take courses to learn about the way their country and culture works and their rate of violent refugee crimes is practically nothing next to the rest of Europe, the fucking people coming in even say they're happy they had it explained to them. To this day, of course, Brit, Scand, and German social rights activists are crying foul over this while their people are attacked in the street.
>>
>>91371304
Look at this entire fucking thread, there's never been a better time to tell the retards to go back to their quarantine.
>>
>>91371266
The Qu'ran says they are the best of all people, and non-believers are pretty much shit.
>>
>>91371205
That could be a cogent argument if most of the terrorist attacks in Europe hadn't been carried out by people who came here before the refugee crisis as normal migrants.
>>
>>91370722
Like other monotheists, most muslims are against unbelievers being punished. Well, until they die. After that, it's totally fine if they are punished with eternal suffering.
>>
>>91371256
Bosnia? Albania? Maldives? Bahrain? Qatar? UAE?
>>
>>91371335
Really? I know Finnish pedagogy is meme in America but maybe they DO have it figured out.
>>
>>91371146
It's illegal to incite violence. No matter the faith.
Muslims are just the only ones not cowed by having fingers wagged at them.
>>
>>91370419
Yeah linking to reddit is the worst thing you can do.
>>
>>91371341
But /qa/ has been """deleted""". Where will the anti-/pol/ fifth column go now?
>>
>>91371387
Are you stupid? The place that gave us the term "ethnic cleansing" and is a powder keg to this day is now a poster child for peaceful coexistence?
And as for the Gulf Arabs, they purged all their native non-minorities centuries ago. A few wealthy foreigners and a mass of indentured servants that are kept in separate compounds away from good Muslims doesn't count for dick.
>>
>>91371402
Not saying the Finns have the keys to the universe since they're constantly killing themselves but stats would imply their libshit social practices actually function the way they're meant to
>>
>>91371387
Most of those countries were either at war in the 90s, or more recently have sent terrorists to Europe, or are known as rape hotspots for white tourists.
Nice try, tumblr
>>
>>91371443
Oh, and importing bibles is illegal in the Maldives. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>91371335
>Why is Europe so shit at bringing people into their countries?
I don't think because te massive human flood caused by the middle eastern shitfest is a migration the size of which we haven't seen since the fall of the western roman empire.

It's hard for americans to undestand, but Europe is literally in walking distant to a burning crater nobody wants to stay in because the global superpowers keep using it as their continental sized monopoly board.
>>
>>91371387
>Bosnia

ahahahaaha

*breathes in*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Did Siyaf work on Dynamo 5 or was that Asrar? What else has Siyaf done?
>>
>>91371335
They are not "bringing" them. The migrants have free access and just walk in. There are no border controls once you enter Shengen area. Basically, NGOs are bringing them into mostly Italy with Italians could not be bothered to say NO. And once in Italy, they can just go wherever within Shengen.
>>
GB2 >>>/pol/
>>
>>91371369
I didn't even mention terrorist attacks just general culture clash. To become radicalized and actually carry out an attack requires some time and preparation, most terrorist attacks have been foiled in Europe you need to be a little smart to hide that you are planning one and pull that off. Nice that you mention that's it's only most of them aren't refugees, not all I guess
>>
Who's gonna tweet this at Stan and Bendis?
>>
>>91371369
Confidence comes with numbers.
>>
>>91371487
Look I understand how close Europe is, but I mean a lot of the pundits within European society, not even necessarily just the leaders, are absolutely ass backwards when it comes to this shit. Like I said, everyone's crying over Finland forcing incoming people to learn their language and learn about their country; basically saying it's a human rights violation to suggest that people assimilate.

I'm not blaming the average European and I'm aware the colossal influx of people is the primary issue, but the steps taken to respond to it by people with platforms seem incredibly stupid, if not outright suicidal: taking this gigantic group and not only turning none away but ensuring their arrival to one's society goes as badly as fucking possible
>>
>>91371587
the same way this thing reached this place, it has most likely reached them already

but they company people. they wont say anything publicly
>>
File: 1491020484682.jpg (22KB, 397x353px) Image search: [Google]
1491020484682.jpg
22KB, 397x353px
>>91367920
>"QS 5:51" on pic related refers to "Muslims should not take the Jews and Christians as their allies/friends" on Quran.
So they're blaming OTHER people for what's written in the Quran?

>"212" refers to a anti-non-Muslim movement in a third-world country.
Which one? Because I'm a third worlder myself and I've never heard of this.
>>
>>91371387
In Qatar and UAE if a woman gets raped, they sent her in prison for sex out of wedlock. Rich foreigners get out of the pinch through help of their home domestic governments, so most of it does not make international news. But those are the laws there.
>>
>>91371532
New 52 Batgirl, and some of the Blackest Night tie in minis. he's pretty new to Marvel. this is funny because of the way this thread has, but he also did a graphic novel titled... Storm Front.
>>
>>91371362
literally every religion says this.
>We are the best, everyone else is going to hell.
Otherwise there wouldn't be much of a point in following the religion.
Americans believe this about themselves, even though there is no reason to.
>>
>>91367920
>Muslims are quoted as not liking or wanting to tolerate non-Muslims
>THIS IS THE WHITE COMIC BOOK ARTISTS' FAULT!!!

Logic is a dead art.
>>
>>91371668
The US is the last remaining superpower, all the others declined.
>>
>>91371668
Christians really don't. Christians do not want to kill all the others nor do they see all the others as meant to be just slaves. Christianity is very different to Hebrews and Muslims.
>>
>>91371668
But it's the Muslims that are acting on that creed on an international scale, yet white liberals in first world countries continue to defend them and save face in their stead.
>>
>>91371732
>all the others were destroyed in war or deliberately bankrupted by the Americans*
FTFY.
>>
>>91371362
The Qu'ran is the same mess of contradictions you can expect from any holy text
>EVERYONE SHOULD BE MUSLIM
>UH UH BUT THERE WILL BE NO COMPULSION
I'm beginning to suspect a lot of these books were made as bait so you could easily judge people by how they interpret them
>>
>>91371770
All hail Trump and his glorious new regime!
>>
>>91371732
Superpower?

Look what happened in San Jose during elections. Young men flying foreign flag beating US citizens unchallenged because the fifth column controls the police.
>>
>>91371782
The Qu'ran is literally word of God. Unlike New Testament. Which is why one is not open to interpretation, while the other is.
>>
>>91368098
Subliminal messages in the drawings by the artist.
>>
>>91371806
fifth column, the star trek version of the cia from DS9?
>>
Well, this moron not only is going to lose his job, thanks to him it's going to be more difficult for future middle-eastern artists to get in to the business.
>>
>>91371743
but a lot of them are still fine with their god sending miscreants to hell
>>
>>91371806
I am sure the American police are controlled by fifth columnists, yeah.
>>
>>91371857
I honestly doubt he more than a strongly-worded suggestion to stop injecting his personal views into his marvel work.

There is a reason he doesnt try this shit at DC.
>>
>>91371828
>Word of God
>Transcribed by human hands

Does this strike no one else as hubris
>>
his art sucks and everyone looks fat
>>
>>91371857
I would also expect the easily triggerd part of the islamic jihadi movement to call for his death.
>>
>>91371592
There are less than 40k refugees in France, I doubt that's much of an influence on the millions of Muslims who were there before.
>>
>>91371828
But that's the problem, there cannot be a single true way to interpret it by nature of the fact that it contains contradictions.
>>
>>91371555
It's all afaik, but I didn't want to presume.
>>
>>91371806
You mean the ones that were hired by Hillary's marketing company to embarrass Sanders and start shit?
>>
>>91371926
>40k refugees
IN THE GRIM, BROWN FUTURE
>>
>>91368625
Obama is a cuck
>>
>>91371532
Syaf has done a lot of DC. Batgirl, Earth One Superman. His style is definitely in the vein of Wildstorm.

Asrar is more Shonen cartoony, like Marcus To or Rafael Albuquerque.
>>
>>91371205
It isn't a problem that they have radically different culture. They could live in their own shariat law ghettoes and I wouldn't care. It works for the chinese.
The problem is that they're getting welfare. Money for nothing. Their basic needs met, they can spend their days echo-chambering their cancerous beliefs. If only the socialist EU government would stop the money faucet, those "radical", "extremist" muslims would have to find work and interact with normal people to keep being alive. They would be forcibly fed our glorious capitalist culture five days a week, from 9 to 5. Sometimes with overtime. Those that could not assimilate to it, would be culled via poverty and return to their shitty totalitarian regimes or die. Those that would assimilate, would quickly swear allegiance to a new god - cash.
>>
>>91371806
Stuff like that doesn't prevent the US from exerting influence and power on a global scale.
>>
>>91371857
He's not from the Middle East.
>>
>>91371626
Maybe but Stan is pretty protective of the X-Men and Bendis still has a boner for Kitty
>>
>>91372019
>Stan is pretty protective of the X-Men

you havent read marvel lately, have you?
>>
>>91367920

Moral of the story is: You shoulda bought DC comics instead
>>
>>91371896
They are. The mayor of San Jose straight up order the police not to help the victims. La Raza has its people in position of authority in certain US cities.
>>
File: sex08.jpg (60KB, 259x200px) Image search: [Google]
sex08.jpg
60KB, 259x200px
>>
>>91371900
That is not how Muslims see The Qu'ran.

>>91371926
but how many illegal migrants?
>>
>>91371957
Of the 21st century, there is nobody but Germany to blame. Because everyone else is too weak, too poor or too busy punching themselves in the face to actually make any decisions.
>>
>>91372049
I try not to but he whines about them all the time
>>
>>91368337
Yeah, making fun of politicians totality equates to the advocacy of ethnic cleansing.
>>
>>91372072
Can't blame Van Sciver for that troll work on his way out the door, considering the bad position Marvel had put him in.
>>
>>91371939
Again, The Qu'ran is as it is. You do not interpret it.
>>
>>91371743
This is only a recent thing. Only a few hundred years ago non christians weren't considered fully human. So basically muslims can be seen as a few hundred years behind.
>>
>>91372054
Buying batman right now and seeing it get better.
Also buying deadpool and seeing it get worse.
>>91372059
>>
>>91372054
romita cock blocking the world's finest pose... everytime man...
>>
>>91372121
Wait, how long till they are due for their Westphalian Peace?
>>
First Marvel makes you hate white people, then men, then straight people, now christians and jews? I don't even know what's politically correct anymore.
>>
>>91372072
he did it again in Justice League 50. it was just random shit like STFU and the like though
>>
>>91372072

>Muties Sex

I agree with this message.
>>
>>91371278
Yes it does achmed
>>
>>91372199
Absolutely haram
>>
>>91372166
Considering their equivalent of the 30 year war kicked off in either the arab spring or the 1970's at best, we're in for a LONG ride.
>>
>>91372084
>but how many illegal migrants?
200k to 400k depending on estimations, not limited to muslims of course.
Compare to 3 to 6 million muslims who are either regular migrants or (currently the majority of them) descending of migrants.
>>
>>91372199
It must be great to have the confidence to walk around in a thong in public around your underage students
>>
>>91372098
muties went from top sellers less than a decade ago to the hardest-failing part of the MU after letting Bendis and friends abuse the shit out of the franchise (and systematically clamping down on new mutie char stories thanks to FOX owning the movie rights to them)
>>
>>91372059
What is amusing to me is that Hispanic supremacists have been cleansing some neighborhoods of the black element in Cali, even the famous Compton, and BLM could not be bothered.
>>
>>91372242
the cape covers her booty. perfectly acceptable attire for teaching english lit
>>
>>91372206
No, it really doesn't. And I'm neither muslim nor arab.
>>
>>91372114
But there are multiple interpretations of the Quran, which has led to varying schools of thought and sects. In fact, they have a word for it, "tafsir".
>>
>Posting a link to plebbit
This is the reason why Muslims are winning.
>>
File: Emma philosophy.jpg (366KB, 1200x933px) Image search: [Google]
Emma philosophy.jpg
366KB, 1200x933px
>>91372242

Well, that's Emma for you!
>>
>>91372267
blm members don't want to end up in a bathtub face down with a shotgun pressed into the base of their skull waiting for the hammer to drop. despite the gangsta rap shit, it always has been the hispanic gangs that were the strongest gangs. for whatever reason they get overlooked. Crips and Bloods are choir boys compared to them. those MS-13 fuckers are everywhere
>>
>>91372332
We'll have people linking to Tumblr and neofag in a few weeks.
>>
>>91369918
>USA Today
Why do they even bother anymore?
>>
>all those filtered messages
Could someone explain to me what happened without using filtered words, please?
>>
>>91372114
Do you not understand what I'm saying? That is not possible. One MUST interpret it one way or another because it contains incongruities. When two passages present truths that contradict one another, one MUST prioritize one over the other, leading to interpretations.
>>
>>91368337
>criminals get exiled to the Phantom Zone
>they survive the death of the planet
Nice try, Ethan.
>>
>>91372294
I know. And they are often victims of inter-islamic violence.
>>
>>91372389
>Das it mayne
>>
>>91372463
Like anybody knows what fucking words you filter. What even is the point of filtering words if you still want to know what the people who use them said.
Fuck off.
>>
>>91369186
Kinda weird colossus would wear it though. You know considering kitty is a jew
>>
ITT things that happen when a creator works for Marvel
>>
>>91372546
she did dump him and then took off with some space chad (nu-quill)
>>
>>91372468
Isnt that what the Hadiths, and ultimately Sharia, is for? Like the point of Sharia is to make the case by case civil judgements as they come up?
>>
>>91372546
Also considering he's not a muslim.
>>
>>91372586
I thought it was Bobby she dumped.
>>
>>91369300

>muslim activism
>not islamism
Do you not know what logic is?
If A then B
If B then C
Therefore if A then C.

>>91369314
I beg to differ. Someone who supports radical islamism supports terrorism. Or do you think he wants to change the world via meaningful dialogue?
>>
>>91372619

she was his beard gf, just helping him stay in the closet
>>
File: tmyk.jpg (55KB, 561x370px) Image search: [Google]
tmyk.jpg
55KB, 561x370px
>>91372468
The quran was not written all at one time. It was written over a period of Mohammed's life. That's why earlier verses are peaceful, but as he gained followers and became a warlord, then there came all this talk of smiting necks and fingers and shit. What's written latest on a subject is the law. If an earlier surah says "respect the jews and christians, for they are people of The Book", but a later surah says "fuck them, they're the enemy", then the rule is to follow the latest word on the subject.
>>
to all the people saying /pol/ or nothing to see here.
it is 100% sure Marvel will fire the ass of this guy
>>
>>91372586
Collosus dumped her for an alien bitch back in the original Secret Wars
>>
>>91372640
The only thing he's alleged to supporting is preventing non-muslims from governing in his country. Nothing about changing the world.
While that's wrong it has nothing to do with terrorism, and no slippery-slope argument changes that.

It's entirely possible he does support terrorism but there's no evidence of that.
>>
>>91372529
I just wanted to test your writing expression, /co/ ;_;
>>
>>91372647
Jason Aaron hasn't said one word about gay Bobby has he? He may have seen the feminist light in the past few years but I wonder if internally he's seething.
>>
>>91370277

Hi, NYfag here, who went to Brooklyn Tech back in '06, CUNY and SUNY, and currently works in biotech. Plenty of Muslims and Indians.

And you know what? There's an air of distance. Not always, but enough for it to be noticeable.

And it's all Semitic races in general. Because Jews do it too. My family, which is Jewish, is suspicious as fuck of non-Russians and non-Jews. I've been here long enough to the point that I legitimately don't gaf anymore, but a lot of the older Jews and a younger conservative Jews are like that.

Same for Muslims, because despite religious differences, Middle-Eastern Muslim and Jewish culture is practically identical.
>>
File: Ike Perlmutter.jpg (24KB, 384x334px) Image search: [Google]
Ike Perlmutter.jpg
24KB, 384x334px
>>91372686
Stupid goy. Religious controversy sells.
>>
>>91372742
Don't lie too.
You wanted a quick rundown specifically tailored to your word filters because you're too lazy to turn them off an read the thread.
>>
>>91368560

He's literally wearing a T-shirt that reads QS 5:51.

That's not subliminal, that's explicit-but-obscure.
>>
>>91367996
I like Shadowcat as a code name.
>>
>>91372686

Well, most of his bosses and coworkers are probably Christians and Jews. I'm not sure how labor laws work in the US, but can you fire a guy for being racist?
>>
>>91372781
At least you've got hummus.
>>
>>91372790
>rundown
Kewl maymay, bruh.
>>
>>91370979
Their dislike for the (Christian) religious right, neocons, etc. bleeds into their opinion on Muslims, and Muzzos get a free pass due to a very, very misplaced 'enemy of my enemy' sentiment.
>>
>>91368337
Ethan Van Sciver was the artist in Grant Morrison's New X-Men who kept drawing the word "Sex" as a subliminal message into almost every panel he drew.

So don't take him too seriously.

The guy is a tool, but entitled to his political views and opinion.
>>
File: 1475779254371.jpg (119KB, 485x695px) Image search: [Google]
1475779254371.jpg
119KB, 485x695px
>>91372848
I guess there's one thing that hasn't made your filters list yet.
Quickly edit them or you'll run into other memes!
>>
>>91371107
I did, but then I got hit by a truck driven by an emissary of peace, so I moved.
>>
>>91368618

In a stretch, it might be "Hey my fellow psychopaths, know you are not alone in this fight."

Though they probably don't consider themselves psychopaths. No one in America thinks twice about wearing John 3:16 on their shirt.
>>
>>91372701

Er, no, not with the QS 5:51 and the 212, and the him being smarmy about it on Facebook.

It's like if someone posted 14/88 or "20 words" in a comic and then said "Oh no, it doesn't mean what you think it means, it means X rather than white supremacism." Can it mean something else? Hypothetically, sure. Practically, no. Walks, quacks, looks like a duck, probably is a duck.
>>
>>91372815
Yeah, that's a solid name, unlike "Sprite" which was probably the result of Claremont believing that she needed one but having no idea what kind of word he could use that would also reflect her powers.
>>91372862
He only did that because he and Marvel had an agreement regarding how many issues he could fill in for Quitely per year and they reneged on that agreement (because Quitely turned out to be much slower than they thought, which should have been expected. Guy's notoriously slow).
>>
>>91372885
>probably is a duck.
could be a goose
>>
>>91372881
>John 3:16
> For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Sounds less hateful desu.
>>
File: Emma&Scott.jpg (278KB, 1260x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Emma&Scott.jpg
278KB, 1260x1920px
>>91372242
The woman doesn't give a shit about what anyone thinks of her. Emma Frost is the definition of "Based."

Not even Jean powered up by the Phoenix Force will deter Emma from what she wants.
>>
>>91372918

>goose
MOAR LIKE GOOSE-STEPPING AM I RITE U FUKKEN ALT-RIGHT SCUM

No, but seriously, we should start a thing to have the guy fired.
>>
>>91372915
I am aware of his situation with New X-Men and Marvel. Still, it was kind of low brow, immature fun to scour the comic for his subliminal "sex" easter eggs.
>>
>>91372885
>not with the QS 5:51 and the 212
Those are both related to the governing situation I was talking about. The 212 specifically only refers to that.
It would be different if the QS was something closer to "behead all those who insult islam".

Not really familiar with the nazi memes to be perfectly honest, so I'm not sure what exactly they refer to.
>>
>>91368412
No, the bold thing would be a Middle East or North Africa non muslim character
>>
>>91372931
>The woman who dresses suggestively and has fake tits doesn't give a shit about what anyone thinks of her.
HAH!
>>
>>91367941
Because they refuse to move past the 6th century in their thinking. If Christianity had not had its reformation or would still be lead by barbaric popes. It did reform and the West grew into the economic powerhouse it remains today.

Should Islam ever start to reform, it could finally rival the west in the creation of science and art. But those things are presently banned by Islam. They're about as welcome as a female orgasm.
>>
>>91372973
>wanting a decent artist fired
All Marvel has to do is tell him not do do anything like that any more, and have the editor keep a closer eye on these background details.
>>
File: EP01Butch_Cassidy_and_the_Sund.jpg (15KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
EP01Butch_Cassidy_and_the_Sund.jpg
15KB, 400x266px
>>91373040
>Marvel
>having editors
>>
>>91372546
Did he stop fucking Domino?
>>
>>91373040
>decent
The worst part is that you're right. This mediocre art is "decent" compared to a lot of other stuff.
>>
>>91372819
>can you fire a guy for being racist?

yes its in vogue these days especially
>>
>>91373024
The biggest reform for Christianity wasn't Christianity itself changing, it was governements becoming secular. If local Christian sects still wanted some of that good state money and protection, they had to mellow out.

Same thing arguably happened in the Midde East in the 20th century, where Islam lost power to good ol' capitalism (or in some cases commism) and mores were now governed by secular states rather than the Quran/haddits/fatwas/shariah/wtvhurkadurka. Then shit happened.
>>
>>91373040
Marvel could get hit with a lawsuit over this and could cause a major controversy, they're not just going to slap him on the wrist and say don't do it again.
>>
>>91373040

Comics already run on a tight schedule. Looking if an artist hid some obscure hate message would be a waste of time.
>>
>>91372546
He probably has no idea what it means. Without this thread the people here wouldn't, and this place is the most well versed in every form of insult imaginable.
>>
>>91373121
>it's in vogue
it's vogue*

no need for in
>>
>>91373164
That's wrong.
It's "en vogue". Saying something is "vogue" is meaningless except I guess if you're telling someone that's your choice of niche cigarette brand.
t. France.
>>
>>91373152
>Marvel could get hit with a lawsuit over this
What could they possibly be sued for? Guy's just pointing out a particular passage in a particular religious book. Freedom of speech allows this.
>>
>>91368337
That is actually funny. Just like if you had Trump there instead. Its harmless political speech. Jailing crooked politicians is always funny, regardless of the side of the aisle they are on. (If you are intellectually honest about wanting clean government at least.)

This is a reference to Islamic law forbidding Muslims from being friends with Christians and Jews, and specifically a riot that broke out to enforce that law. It is especially out of place in a comic that has been about uniting humanity with "people who are different" literally since it started in the 1960s.

It's just as hateful as the nonsense that Nick Spencer beaches out in his Captain Falcon and Captain Hydra books.
>>
>>91373213
>t. France

Esselam aleikum, brother.
>>
>>91368481
Bleeding Cuck already has a post on this. That's King of Clickbait websites.
>>
>>91373152
I'm curious under what theory this could possibly be considered lawsuit worthy .

>>91373214
He's not even pointing it out. He's doing absolutely nothing to disparage it. You'd have to go full retard, like the equivalent of banning the number 88 everywhere.
>>
>>91373282
>pointed out disgusting racism
>>>/pol/
What.
>>
>>91373283
Aleikum salam, friend.
>>
File: Picard_gets_it.jpg (39KB, 469x328px) Image search: [Google]
Picard_gets_it.jpg
39KB, 469x328px
>>91373015
This is exactly why I love Emma Frost. Thank you, Anon.
>>
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/08/marvel-artist-ardian-syaf-hid-anti-christian-jewish-messages-weeks-x-men-comic/
>>
File: 212 ALM 51.jpg (26KB, 372x120px) Image search: [Google]
212 ALM 51.jpg
26KB, 372x120px
>>91368312
He's not even trying to hide it
>>
>>91373282
After the thread hit the reply limit? So brave.
>>
>>91373254
Question: What's the islamic position in the Marvel universe on mutants? Considering the retard level of marvel citizens, and the general violence level, I imagine it's not good.

Failing that, what is the position of actual muslim scholars on comic book mutants?
>>
>>91367920
>"Muslims should not take the Jews and Christians as their allies/friends"
I don't see how that is unreasonable.
>"Christians should not take the Jews and Muslims as their allies/friends"
sounds like something that 4chan would say
>>
>>91373348
Good job, Rich.
>>
>>91373348
Welp, hes done.
>>
>>91373348
We market awareness naow
>>
File: -016.jpg (350KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
-016.jpg
350KB, 1000x1537px
>>91373374
the islamic mu position on muties is what you would expect, "kill them or use them"

basically the same as that in the west (canada and the us have killed more muties than any other country tho)
>>
>>91373374
I don't believe specific religions have been depicted as more or less hateful towards mutants. Only thing to come to mind was Kurt being thaught to be the Christian devil in 20th century Germany of all places.
I doubt any of them have particularly embraced them either.
>>
I just realised, after spending hours in this thread, the dude's name is Ardian, not Adrian.
>>
>>91373395
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>91371900
According to Islam, there's a copy of Qu'ran next to Allah in heaven. The Qu'ran is literally part of Allah
>>
>>91373348
>https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/08/marvel-artist-ardian-syaf-hid-anti-christian-jewish-messages-weeks-x-men-comic/
You can always count on the Leech.
>>
>>91367920
Does this mean the X-Men are anti-Jew and anti-Christian?
>>
File: Wolverine131RecalledKikeSlur.jpg (42KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine131RecalledKikeSlur.jpg
42KB, 380x285px
>>91374182
Marvel's going to erase it from the digital issues and the trade, this will be like when Wolverine called Sabretooth a kike. People who have this physical issue have a collector's item and not just because it's a #1.
>>
File: the straits times.jpg (39KB, 722x410px) Image search: [Google]
the straits times.jpg
39KB, 722x410px
>>91371710
>white
>>
>>91374413
Who the fuck wrote that?
>>
>>91374543
A comedy of errors brought to you by Mark Powers and Emerson Miranda.
>Writer, Todd DeZago, is apparent quoted as saying "I had been asked to write several issues of Wolverine, and had written the plot to three of them. When the second issue came out, however, with many editorial changes to my original script (without any rhyme or reason), I opted not to script the third issue, which was Wolverine 131. The editor then hired writer Brian Vaughn to script the story at the last minute, but where Brian had written "the assassin known as Sabertooth", the editor replaced assassin with killer, crossing assassin out on the script and writing killer in the margin. It was then faxed and the words were cut off and garbled when they came through. Because the book was late and never proofread by the editor in question, the slur went to print and actually made it onto the stands.
>>
>>91374597
>word "assassin" is crossed out
>replacement term in margin is garbled
>kinda reads like ""kilrker""
>letterer decide that instead of the related word "killer", it must be "kike"

yeah no. it was the letterer
>>
>>91374772
It's possible he did a very thorough job of crossing out assassin to the point that it was unreadable.
>>
>>91368688
Lebanon was a Christian country not all that long ago. Beirut was the Paris of the Desert.
>>
>>91372881
>No one in America thinks twice about wearing John 3:16 on their shirt.

Probably because it's a message of inspiration and love rather than hatred.
>>
>>91367920

When are people going to learn.

You can't trust Muslims. You can NEVER trust Muslims.
>>
>>91371732
Millions of Americans will mindlessly clap and chant "U-S-A! U-S-A!", even though the country has never done Fuck for them. Your current government is trying to undo the closest thing you have had to free healthcare. You have disgusting amount of poverty and inequality. Homelessness is major problem for certain parts of your country. You have Steve Bannon, whose a far-right Christian fundamentalist running your country. And on that point, fundamentalist Christians.
>>
>>91368688
>Lebanon
>moderate
>so violent even the Japanese make fun of it in their cartoons

When even the Japanese know your country is a durkallah hellhole, you have a problem.
>>
>>91371782
Islam is basically a protection racket. Like any Abrahamic faith, really.
>>
>>91374182
Yep. Especially Kitty.
btw, do you guys think that he sperged out because of Kitty?
>>
>>91369300

He's literally inserting passages and dates of marches that both talk about how Muslims should never allow themselves to be led by non-Muslims and you still don't think he's an Islamist.
>>
>>91369265
Yep. If at least it was clever hidden references. It feels infantile and badly executed.
>>
>>91375409

He was probably furious that he had to draw a Jew and had to throw out his pen after every page she was in.

Knowing Muslims I wish I was joking but that's within the framework.
>>
>>91370059
No it isn't.
>>
>>91372781
I'm a second generation immigrant, living in Britain (London). I've never had a problem with getting along with people of other faiths and backgrounds. In fact I find it makes life more interesting. I don't know what the biotech field is like, but my healthcare course revolves around operating theatres. I find a lot of the time the doctors are high functioning autistic people, more on the anaesthetic side than the surgical. That can sometimes find you in weird situations.
>>
>>91375489
The autistic thing is a theory I have, that others have also shared.
>>
File: Nazi Kitty.jpg (61KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi Kitty.jpg
61KB, 431x431px
Why is ok for Kitty to be racist but not this?
>>
>This thread, people who have never met a Muslim.
Less than 1% of America is Muslim.
>>
>>91375540
to be fair, i would hope my anesthesiologist was an autie. going under is the scariest part of ops
>>
It says Jew to the left of Kitty's head also.
>>
>>91375232
Sorry friend. But Steve Bannon got kicked out of the Council.
>>
>>91375576
We don't use the M word here.
>>
>>91375232
Another for the /co/mblr /co/llage.
Thread posts: 562
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.