[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's went right for Jaime and what's went wrong for Miles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: blue spider.jpg (102KB, 593x452px) Image search: [Google]
blue spider.jpg
102KB, 593x452px
What's went right for Jaime and what's went wrong for Miles?
>>
File: giphy (1)6468.gif (325KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1)6468.gif
325KB, 500x377px
having a personality and facing real problems
>>
>>91366975
Jamie's predecessor is dead.
>>
>>91367160
And his predecessors friends didn't trust him or think he was an adequate replacement for him.
They all worked to help him live up to Ted's legacy and knew he wasn't up for it to start with.
>>
Jamie was featured in the second season of a popular cartoon, Miles was featured in a universally hated cartoon. Miles is never shown doing anything beyond zapping people, Jamie is shown making good use to his suit. Miles' creator insists on having his predecessor tell him how great he is at ever meeting, Jamie's predecessor was dead.
>>
>>91366975
Jaime isn't written by Bendis
>>
File: Save for dad moments.jpg (38KB, 503x538px) Image search: [Google]
Save for dad moments.jpg
38KB, 503x538px
>John Rogers will NEVER EVER write Jaime again
ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>91367160
so is Miles'
>>
>>91367214
I really liked the original Jaime Blue Beetle run. It was its own thing off to the side of the DC universe(something that DC does better than Marvel is giving its characters a lot of room to breathe when they need it) with only a small crossover during the Sinestro Wars which did a lot to develop the characters and settings before they thrust him into the bigger world of the DC universe(that is after he helped out on Infinite Crisis obviously).
>>
>>91367197
Came here to post this.
>>
Nothing. Miles actually sells
>>
>>91367174
>And his predecessors friends didn't trust him or think he was an adequate replacement for him.
That also happened to Miles, to a certain extent
>>
File: 1479718402163.jpg (67KB, 1027x320px) Image search: [Google]
1479718402163.jpg
67KB, 1027x320px
>>91366975
Miles needs constant validation of his being Spider-man
How many times have people told him he's totally Spider-man?

Plus his powers are bullshit, but not entertaining bullshit. Bullshit that makes fights uninteresting. Granted that might not be a problem as seen in OPM, but Miles is written by Bendis, not ONE

Miles also lost his backstory with his universe ending (OZ formula? Why would Norman make that crap?) and most of his(Ult. Pete's) supporting cast

Plus Miles doesn't even really deal with school-issues a poor black kid in New York could be dealing with because he won the school lottery and goes to rich-people school, so he offers nothing.
>>
>>91367197
I hate to say it but the current Blue Beetle comic is worse than anything Bendis ever did. I like Giffen usually but this BB is unreadable
>>
>>91366975
>ay yo we spidaman now cracka
>>
for some reason they felt like miles needed to be in 616 instead of developing him further in the ultimate universe
that and muh venom shock being overused
>>
>>91367910
>Plus Miles doesn't even really deal with school-issues a poor black kid in New York could be dealing with because he won the school lottery and goes to rich-people school, so he offers nothing.

That in and of itself is a pretty decent place to start character drama. Back when his book first dropped he was shown feeling guilty for winning that school lottery, one could easily springboard issues involving guilt, self-worth and personal expectations out of being handed attendance at a good school.
>>
>>91366975
Mech symboite alien suit is a cool power and concept

Reminds me of upgrade.

So futuristic while having a bug edgyness to it
>>
>>91366975
One had a good writer.
The other did not.
>>
>>91366975
Personality, I don't know much about BB but doesn't he used to hang with BoosterGold? those two had personality.
He has personality at least. Miles isover powered with no flavor. His entire story is just enforcing HEY RACE MATTERS BUT MATTERS IN THE GOOD WAY WAIT ONLY IF I CAN USE IT AGAINST THE READERS WHO DISAGREE WITH ME.
>>
File: nogginjoggin.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
nogginjoggin.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>91368144

kinda reminds me of blue beetle come to mention it...
>>
Because Jaime was introduced and written by talented creators who gave him a good personality, supporting cast, and villains in the first year or two of his ongoing while Miles was introduced and written by Bendis and Bendis alone and has no personality, some friends and family, and no villains almost 10 years later.
>>
Miles had potential that went and became a waste. As it is he's got 3 story arcs that he goes through in a cycle:

>Your parents just don't understand!
>You're black and that's a huge deal!
>EVENT is happening! Get sucked into it!
>>
>>91369205
Different BB. Jaime got the legacy mantle after Ted was killed.
>>
>>91366975
1. Spider-Man > Blue Beetle in name recognition.

2. Jaime wasn't tied to Batman.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.