[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Losing their powers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Smallville408_532.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Smallville408_532.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
Does this annoy anyone else as much is does me?
Like 1/4 of the episodes of smallville involved Clark losing his powers or switching powers.
The fuck?
His powers are built into his DNA! It's not a magic ring or suit of armor. You can't lose them!
I mean, I get Kryptonite making him sick. It's radioactive (to him). That makes sense. But losing powers randomly?
Really?
>>
>>91364044
I think they just liked having Tom Welling beat up and bleeding

And by "they" I mean the viewers of what is now the CW
>>
>>91364044
I LOATHE power loss stories, it's so boring.
>>
>>91364324
They're not boring. Every time Clark loses his powers on Smallville I'm like, "OMG! Will he get them back? Is this the end of Superman? What is going to happen?"
>>
File: Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_200.jpg (88KB, 340x516px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_200.jpg
88KB, 340x516px
>>91364324
They can be done well.
>>
>>91364044
Really? for me those are the best episodes, it shows how much dependable of his power superman is, he should train more.
>>
>>91364044
Nah I think it's fun.
>His powers are built into his DNA! It's not a magic ring or suit of armor. You can't lose them!
You could easily explain it away like whatever is taking his powers is just altering his dna.
LIke, the ones I remember were because of magic, kryptonite+lightning or some other Kryptonite shenanigan, solar flares, Fortress Jor-El being mad, Stuff like that. Makes sense to me.
>>
Depowering him is the easy route when dealing with Superman.
>>
>>91364044
I guess in Clark's case it's important to establish that he's not just super, hes a super MAN. Put him in situations where he's no more powered than your average huge, muscled guy and he's still every bit as heroic, even more so.

I agree that Smallville might have done that a few more times than needed, between the magic episodes, Jor-El's random dickery, blue Kryptonite, the occasional meteor freak like the Leech guy, stuff like that.

But thematically it's good to have Clark showing his heroism without his super abilities. Ya dig?
>>
>>91364044
the thing that really bugs me is when you have scientists whipping ot these universal power dampeners.
like, I can buy a dampener for say, Marvel's Mutants, because all their powers derive from their X-Gene which is the result of celestrial quackery. I can by a Hulk dampener because all hulks derive their power from radioactive isotopes. I can buy an anti-magic prison.

I can't buy one wacky doodad that can cancel all out these things that operate on completely different processes
>>
File: Powerless001.png (419KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Powerless001.png
419KB, 853x480px
>>91364324
Pretty much the only episode i remember hating from this show.
>>
>>91366728
What the fuck. I don't remember this at all. This is from Mightiest Heroes?
>>
>>91364044
Getting all his powers from the sun is pretty stupid is the first place.
>>
File: 10-1-_(2).png (1MB, 1580x888px) Image search: [Google]
10-1-_(2).png
1MB, 1580x888px
>>91366799

Yep, http://avengersearthsmightiestheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Powerless

I'm still mad it got canceled for some shitty show about the same characters.
>>
>>91366832
Hot damn, I thought I saw every episode.
>about the same characters
I remember in the early days of Assemble, Loeb and them kept insisting that EMH and Assemble would be in the same universe? And then that didn't happen at all.
>>
File: Speedforce.jpg (38KB, 589x399px) Image search: [Google]
Speedforce.jpg
38KB, 589x399px
>>91364044
>Superman's powers
>Making any kind of scientific sense
>Smallville
>Making sense on any genuine level
>Kryptonite
>I don't even know where to start here

Do you watch Flash for the science too?
It's Kryptonians, they don't have to explain shit.
>>
It's the inherent problem with Superman. He's ridiculously strong. His powers trivialize most villains. Thats why kryptonite is everywhere. That's why they need to steal his powers one way or another or introduce godlike villains which suffer the wrestling effect (how many pins can this jabroni eat before he's no longer a credible threat?). Also, its a production cost thing as well. It's easier and cheaper tprice steal his powers than introduce Lobo
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.