[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the feels of Saga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: Saga 020-000.jpg (732KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Saga 020-000.jpg
732KB, 1988x3056px
Hello /co/

Today I began reading Saga.

I just don't know what to do with all these FEELS!
>>
That's nice OP but on /co/ people either pretend to hate Saga because it's popular or they hate it because It said that women suffer more during war than men.

Glad it gave you feels though. Just don't expect a positive reaction to that here.
>>
I hope you like IV because imo he becomes the only good character about halfway through.
>>
>>91354268

I kind of like The Will.

Despite the narration describing him at every chance it had as a monster. So far, for a supposedly amoral bounty hunters, he's quite a likeable character.
>>
>>91354544
Oh boy...
>>
>>91354268
I agree, this guy is really cool
>>
>>91354228
some people here dislike saga because it got cringy as fuck when it began to pander to normies with low effort DUDE WEED shit and it became clear there was no real plot anymore, and the writer intended to just keep it going as long as possible
>>
>>91355773
>there was no real plot anymore,

This. I think it's also what makes prince robot's and sophie's subplots the only good ones left - they have a clear direction they're headed to, even if they get derailed with Alana and Marko shit.
>>
File: High as fuck.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
High as fuck.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>91355773
Did someone say DUDE WEED?

However, I still love Saga.
>>
File: Sad Lori.png (762KB, 818x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Lori.png
762KB, 818x720px
The last issue was deep. Did anybody had feels.
This is how I felt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGc-iPc-9dE
>>
>>91357525
>tfw only read them as trades and therefore hardly dare discuss it online in fear of spoilers
>>
File: tumblr_myyhf3oN5P1ra3v9xo2_1280.jpg (169KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myyhf3oN5P1ra3v9xo2_1280.jpg
169KB, 600x900px
>not posting best character

Can't speak for anyone else but Lying Cat is what I read this for.
>>
>>91357525

> feels

I was more upset about IV thinking Alana is a good mother. I get the dude is crazy, but literally every time they have interacted is proof that Alana and Marko are terrible, if very dedicated, parents and would fuck up Squire beyond repair.
>>
>>91355773
>it became clear there was no real plot anymore, and the writer intended to just keep it going as long as possible

Yeah it's a Brian K Vaughn comic.
>>
>>91358017
Yep.
>>
Id like to see more world building but honestly i dont like those main chars too much anymore

You know something is wrong when even the hickman comics feel like they are moving faster than this
>>
It reminds me of 70s movies where you just watch someone for two hours instead of having a hard plot
>>
>>91355773
This

Saga should be wrapping up its final arc right now, and instead it seems endless.

Also, IV went from being a legitimately terrifying villain to a buffoon, and I don't even know what to make of The Will as a character anymore. And what happened to the gay reporter dudes? Saga has lost any and all sense of direction that it once had.
>>
>>91354134
I can't get over the detail on that balloon.
>>
File: Snorri Sturluson.jpg (252KB, 612x916px) Image search: [Google]
Snorri Sturluson.jpg
252KB, 612x916px
>the part when Njáll is about get burned alive inside his own house and Þórður doesn't want to leave

Why was Flosi such a fucking cunt?
>>
>>91361360
>Also, IV went from being a legitimately terrifying villain to a buffoon

I think it's a legitimate case of character development. Both the beginning of the comic and the dream sequence where he is with his wife in his planet show that IV has almost literally no motivation to do things on his own - every time it's either someone pushing him to do it (his father, his wife, Gale, hell even Alana and Marko) or the circumstances becoming so dire that he literally has to do it or else.

He's both a genuinely damaged person and trying to adhere to some chivalry code no one except for him (and now Squire) seems to care about.

IV's arc is about a man who constantly gets shit on by the universe and is so convinced deserves it that he just doesn't know what to do with himself. The way I see it, his subplot will probably end with him dying at the lowest point possible and Squire's own will be about either trying to redeem him father's legacy or finding out that after all the shit sorrounding IV, he still gets to live a normal life.
>>
File: 1473552491015.png (59KB, 324x316px) Image search: [Google]
1473552491015.png
59KB, 324x316px
>>91354134
wait, wasn't this the comic with the autofellatio dragon?
>>
File: Sleep tight Sweet Boy.jpg (29KB, 273x335px) Image search: [Google]
Sleep tight Sweet Boy.jpg
29KB, 273x335px
>>91355773
This is starting to feel forced. Why can't I just enjoy a character without knowing they're getting axed in a few issues because BKV won't progress the story?
>>
>>91355773
I'm only up to the issue i OP picture, and so far, if meandering, it hasn't felt entirely directionless.

If that changes, well, I'd get pissed too.

I already was mad at how he resolved Yorick.
>>
I kinda of like saga, but found the flaws distracting enough that I'm not that interested in continuing past where I left off. It feels too much like a lot of the conflict is kept artificially going by the writer rather than organically by the story.
>>
>>91354134
Did you like that issue where some animal fellates itself?
>>
be a man

drown your FEELS with gallons of alcohol

keep doing it until one day it all bursts back up and you begin to yell uncontrollably at nearby strangers for no reason
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.