[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a supervillain he wouldn't kill just because they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: Punisher_Series.jpg (60KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Punisher_Series.jpg
60KB, 1080x1080px
Is there a supervillain he wouldn't kill just because they're too pathetic or not a threat to society?
>>
>>91353641
Anon
>>
>>91353641
>Too pathetic
Nope.

>Not a threat
Maybe. But then, if they weren't a threat, he wouldn't have gone after them in the first place.
>>
>>91353669
I've never thought about it, what's his stance on supervillains who try to turn hero?
>>
>>91353700
Well, given that he doesn't go out of his way to kill guys like Wolverine or Hawkeye, I'm guessing he only really cares about those who are either currently committing crimes or who possess no intention of reforming. There's also the severity of their crimes: if a sex trafficker who has spent ten years of his life selling women from all around the world into prostitution and propagating misery on a wide scale suddenly finds God and decides to turn over a new leaf, you had better believe that Frank is going to walk up to him while he's handing out food at the soup kitchen and saute the main dish with his brains.
>>
>>91353641
>>91353641
Punisher is a very wildly differing written character.

Which wouldn't be a problem, except half of those writers hate him and try to ruin him.

GENERALLY, though, he only goes after killers. He tries to stay out of the costume drama scene, but if he comes across a street-level killer he won't hesitate to Frank them.

The Foolkiller series ended with him going after the Hood as opposed to Foolkiller, though.
>>
Off topic but who are some characters like frank? Want to read some different comics
>>
>>91353920
The first two things that came to my mind were Hitman, guy with guns kills mostly just bad guys; and Big Man Plans from Image, where a Vietnam vet dwarf goes back to his hometown to seek justice and vengeance.
>>
>>91353700
In Civil War he gunned down two villains 5 after Cap told them to introduce themselves to the team
>>
>>91354196
*5 seconds
>>
>>91353920
Vigilante Andrian Chase.
>>
>>91353816
He murdered a couple villians who wanted to help Cap during Civil War 1. Once you commit a crime, you must be punished
>>
Why does anyone want to read the Punisher? That shit's fucking depressing. I don't need that. I want something like Spider-Man, which is fun. Fuck all that low brow shit.
>>
File: 1433723075622.jpg (716KB, 1123x892px) Image search: [Google]
1433723075622.jpg
716KB, 1123x892px
>>91355255
Yeah? If you think Spider-Man is "fun", you haven't read most of his notable stories , you're full of shit

There is a reason "Parker luck" is a meme, his life is constant suffering and cuckoldry
>>
>>91355255
What's depressing about the Punisher
>>
Condiment Man, but he's DC so...
He didn't kill the Archie impersonator either.
>>
File: Vigilante (1983-1988) 050-023.jpg (3MB, 1983x3049px) Image search: [Google]
Vigilante (1983-1988) 050-023.jpg
3MB, 1983x3049px
>>91356191
>What's depressing about the Punisher
Nothing compare to this guy. Spoilers
>>
File: Vigilante (1983-1988) 050-024.jpg (3MB, 1983x3049px) Image search: [Google]
Vigilante (1983-1988) 050-024.jpg
3MB, 1983x3049px
>>
File: Vigilante (1983-1988) 050-025.jpg (3MB, 1983x3049px) Image search: [Google]
Vigilante (1983-1988) 050-025.jpg
3MB, 1983x3049px
>>
File: Vigilante (1983-1988) 050-026.jpg (2MB, 1983x3049px) Image search: [Google]
Vigilante (1983-1988) 050-026.jpg
2MB, 1983x3049px
>>
File: Vigilante (1983-1988) 050-027.jpg (3MB, 1983x3049px) Image search: [Google]
Vigilante (1983-1988) 050-027.jpg
3MB, 1983x3049px
>>
>>91354858
Yeah, Frank has a very black and white view of evil. If you've ever murdered or caused pain to the innocent you're pretty much a dead man. He smoked those guys right in front of an entire group of heroes too. He really doesn't give a shit.
>>
Why the fuck isn't Frank the Ghost Rider?
>>
File: IMG_2230.jpg (305KB, 750x1115px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2230.jpg
305KB, 750x1115px
>>91353700
He tried to kill Eddie while he was Anti-Venom
>>
>>91354858
They were murderers.
>>
>>91353641
If I was a hero I'll probably leave your "villain of the week/month" alive because let's face it, it's morally wrong to go around killing people without giving them a chance to change.

But then there's your Green Goblins, your Magnetos, Red Skulls,Kang the Conquerors etc... you get me, those bitches are too dangerous to be left alive, I might give them a chance locking them in the negative zone, but if they managed to escape then I put them out for good
>>
File: ShadowYrO02-Wagner.jpg (177KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ShadowYrO02-Wagner.jpg
177KB, 600x900px
>>91353920
The Shadow was arguably even worse than The Punisher sometimes (even when he wasn't using his hypnotic powers to make criminals kill themselves or ruin their own lives).
He didn't even have an excuse like "my family was murdered", he was just a guy who was way too good at being evil who decided to punish criminals for a living.
>>
>>91353641
Is he good in the Daredevil series ?
I haven't watched it
>>
>>91361582
He's pretty good until the last battle with the ninjas.
>>
>>91355255
>Punisher
>low brow
True, but Spider Man ain't exactly art either. To each his own. I dig the hard boiled tales Frank offers.
>>
>>91353641
Paste Pot Pete
>>
>>91357996
has eddie ever hurt an innocent or he just ate muggers and gangbangers?
pigs don't count btw
>>
>>91353641
I mean, he blew up Stilt-Man's crotch with an rpg. So no, no villain is too pathetic to avoid getting Frank'd
>>
>>91363525
Rhino talked him out of killed all but one of the gang that stole the Stilt-Man suit at the end of War Journal Vol 2. One of my all time favorite ending to a book.
>>
>>91363234
>has eddie ever hurt an innocent

Yes, but only while batshit insane (the cleaner in The Madness, the nurse in The Last Temptation of Eddie Brock, etc.)
>>
>>91353700

Frank doesn't do forgiveness, when Stilt-Man reformed and tried to team-up with him he got an anti-tank rocket for his troubles.
>>
Depends on the writer. One time Frank was willing to negotiate with mob bosses. Another time he befriended hired muscle after they teamed up. The no nonsense, without compromise Frank is rather recent.
>>
>>91355255
He's the antidote to many fiction tropes that I hate such as:
>ok I knocked down the serial killer but I won't just shoot him I'll turn my back on him I'm sure he won't pop back up and attack me again lol
>dude killing is always wrong even in self defense or defense of another lmao
>I've killed hundreds of his minions but I won't kill the main villain even though he swore vengeance against me and everyone I love since hes got to be in the sequel
>but I cant kill the serial rapist that eats babies then I'll be just like him
>my moral code doesnt let me kill women even though some of my most dangerous and evil enemies are women
>my enemy I'm about to kill is a master manipulator so I'll let him talk to me for 5 minutes as I hold him at gunpoint
>no prison can hold this mass murderer but I'll take him alive anyway for the 50th time
>sure that criminal orginization preys on innocent people but they also help me out so I'll let it slide
>it's dishonorable to use guns I can only kill people with my hands or bladed weapons or maybe crossbows
>so what if my friend just killed a million people I'll forgive him
>eh just let my arch nemesis escape I'm sure he wont come back for revenge like the last ten times
>well the second in command henchman who's killed loads of innocent people ended up betraying his employer so I guess hes alright by me now see ya bro bye
>oh no the villain has some sort of diplomatic or legal immunity I guess I can't go after him
>hmm this super villain is vulnerable to bullets but I'll get into a fist fight with him as he destroys the city
>time to face off against the big bad, I wont just bring a gun since the writers want artificial peril
Basically whenever you're yelling at the page or screen "just shoot him!" Frank actually does.
>>
>>91357736
He's really just a big sensitive baby, for such an edgy war guy.
>>
>>91355674
Oh please. Shit like Grim Hunt and Kraven's Last Hunt(which was actually good) are rare compared to the lighter fare that dominates the character. Even his Parker Luck meme bullshit is nothing compared to the lives of characters like the X-men or Daredevil.
>>
File: punisher_121127.jpg (18KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
punisher_121127.jpg
18KB, 600x300px
>>91361582
Him and Kingpin are the main reasons to watch Season 2.
https://youtu.be/8VuSLiiQMLc
>>
Would he kills someone that unknowingly committed a crime?
>>
Frank is edgy as fuck and not in a good way
>>
>>91353920
Most of Ennis's protagonists, honestly. Especially Butcher.
>>
How would Frank handle Minority Report
>>
>>91353641
Let's not get ahead of ourselves--is there a supervillain he COULD kill?
He's pretty terrible at punishing the REALLY bad guys.
>>
I remember a comic in which Frank killed three guys who were trying to kill criminals the same way he did. However, I can't remember if it was hypocrisy because only he should be allowed to do this, or if he killed them because they were incompetent and had gotten some innocents killed as well.
>>
Just popping in this thread since it seems the most relevant - I powered through Ennis' Earth-616 Punisher run last week and loved it, and now I'm reading MAX. Just finished the Mother Russia story and it was GOAT, had a big Metal Gear feeling to it, going to have to read his Nick Fury when I'm done.
>>
>>91366998
>I can't remember if it was hypocrisy because only he should be allowed to do this, or if he killed them because they were incompetent and had gotten some innocents killed as well.

Yeah that's Ennis' 'Welcome Back Frank,' he does it for a few reasons - one of the guys, Elite, has a classist/racist motivation for for focusing on killing ghetto gangbangers, and then there's another guy who kills white-collar criminals but he's careless and gets bystanders killed. Frank does them both in at the end from what I remember - there's a level of hypocrisy to it too, I imagine.
>>
>>91366927
I mean for all his skills Frank's a dude with a gun.

Most supervillains's POINT OF ENTRY is being able to laugh off dudes with guns. You know, the swarm of cops shooting at them constantly.

>>91367074
I always thought the gangbanger guy was massively hypocritical considering how much Frank focuses on gangs that are usually super conveniently white. Like wherever he goes it's just the 60s again and all the organized criminals are irish and italian except Barricuda.

Maybe I'm missing a story where Frank takes on a triad, I know he goes to South America for a while. It's just...you focus on street crime, Frank, you really throwing stones?
>>
>>91353641
he'll put a bullet in a street urchin pick pocket, he don't give a fuck. in his mind he's making sure that kid doesn't do worse things down the road
>>
>>91366998
He tells them that they killed innocent people, and they shrug it off- the implication being that if they had turned themselves in, they would avoid getting Franked.

Frank himself always had a policy that if he kills anyone innocent, he puts his gun to his chin and pulls the trigger. But most writers that hate him ignore that.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.