[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /co's/ thoughts on generations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 662341.jpg (183KB, 600x916px) Image search: [Google]
662341.jpg
183KB, 600x916px
What is /co's/ thoughts on generations?
>>
>>91352211
It was a great vehicle for Byrne's pedophilia
>>
>>91352211
This is how cape comics should normally be, with heroes taking on the mantle generationally, and older heroes being allowed to die gloriously or ride off into the sunset.
>>
>>91352622
Mother fucker, the entire story was a circle jerk keeping Batman and Superman in their respective roles. Batman even took over the League of Assassins and jumped in a Lazarus Pit so he could keep fighting crime. Then he broke Superman out of the Phantom Zone so they could suck each other off. The second volume had an entire character that was a villain because he was denied his heroic legacy.

"Oh, you got gold K'ed and have no powers? Bummer! Clark got Gold K'd? Good thing he knows how to whip up a chemical solution to fix it. Damn, he should have done that to prevent his son from killing his sister and generally being a dick"
>>
>>91352211
Batman/Captain America crossover was the best.

G1 and 2 were decent but when you know about Byrne's tics (like how much he wants Clark and Lana to be endgame) it can be distracting.

G3 was a convoluted mess. And it was also where that Superman kisses an underage Lana came from.
>>
>>91352775
Did you even read the book?
He only knew about the chemical solution once he (mainly with the help of Kyle Rayner) found the one vial in the Ultra-Humanite's lair and drank it, regaining his powers. Then he used his powers to examine the vial to figure out the composition of the serum and recreate it.
There was no way he would've gotten that cure back then because the Ultra-Humanite was elusive. He only got the cure because Ultra was dead and his lair was untouched.

I mean Byrne does dumb, convoluted shit a lot of times, but it wasn't like you claimed it was.
>>
>>91352622
Yeah but Bruce eventually returned to being Batman in the 1999 chapter and Superman didn't really retire.
>>
>>91352211
Interesting idea, marred by Byrne's "quirks"
>>
>>91352211
I generally enjoyed them, in spite of the Byrneness

>>91352622
the whole point was that superhero legacies and children are dumb and a bad idea and the originals are always superior and should stick around though
>>
>>91355900
>the whole point was that superhero legacies and children are dumb and a bad idea and the originals are always superior and should stick around though

And that's where I felt it dropped the ball If it went as "These are legends we should all aspire to" it would have worked. Instead, it insulted the premise of the book with this theme.
>>
>>91352211
More like Degenerations.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.