[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: terra_09[1].jpg (63KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
terra_09[1].jpg
63KB, 800x450px
Jesus Christ

WAR was terrible, the follow-ups were stupid, but this? This is just criminally boring.

Somehow they made a villain who bathes in blood for immortality, a batman-level planner and martial artist, and the teen titans bland and uninteresting.

Also Terra looks like a man.
>>
>>91348310
Dat pedo tho. I didn't think they'd actually do it. The blush on her face made me feel bad things
>>
Funny, I liked it more than anything since Assualt on Arkham and maybe Gods and Monsters.

I loved watching Starfire and Dick tho
>>
>>91348395

Why'd you spoiler that?
>>
>>91348502
He doesn't want people to know that he likes Dick
>>
>>91348395
Gods and Monsters was alright, and Assault on Arkham had a few fun moments but was mostly awful

Ever since WAR everything DC animated has put out in the animated nu52 has been terrible

I honestly can't decide if I'd prefer the outright godawful JL:War over this boring mess, at least I can laugh at War.
>>
>>91348394
>man-faced flat-chested uggo with way too much eyeshadow and blush
She was sexually repellent, and this is coming from a huge lolicon
>>
Brother Blood has always been shit tho
>>
>>91348525

I don't understand your use of the spoiler function. Is it like a "tee-hee" kind of thing?
>>
I really disagree, after how terrible every one of their movies has been since War I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this.

Everyone was totally in character. It's nice seeing Starfire not acting like the shitty cartoon version, though I guess that started in JL vs TT.

They actually brought in elements of Blue Beetle's comic which was nice. Fleshes out his character a bit. My biggest problem with JL vs TT is that they don't really give you reason to like or care about any of the characters besides Raven.

I found Brother Blood to be fairly intimidating, at least early on, but the thing is the movie really isn't about him, it's about Terra. Terra is basically the villain of the movie. Blood is there to give a reason for her to betray everyone and for something for everyone to punch at the end.

Unlike the rest of the recent DC movies, the plot exists to drive the characters and not the other way around.

Fucking cringed at the Kevin Smith garbage though.

Some easter eggs I noticed: Gabrielle's Horn (the soup kitchen in the movie) was the name of the Titans' clubhouse in the Bronze Age. The girl who worked at the soup kitchen that Jaime was trying to bang was Traci 13. I think the holograms Starfire was fighting were supposed to be Lizarkons, a Thanagarian slave race. Starfire's skills with a staff are pretty rarely shown off in the comics since she usually fights with energy blasts.

>>91348394
I didn't think they would either. They did change it so Deathstroke didn't actually give in when it was pretty implicit in the original story that he banged her.
>>
File: 1410323730678.jpg (3KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
1410323730678.jpg
3KB, 242x251px
>>91348624
>the characters are the characters and not some other characters
>this makes the movie enjoyable
>>
>>91348624
>Unlike the rest of the recent DC movies, the plot exists to drive the characters and not the other way around.
You realize this is a movie and not a miniseries, right? You can't do that. Especially when you've got a large cast.

Movies need to have focus, otherwise they're what this turned out to be: a 20 minute story with an hour of loosely-related fluff that has nowhere to go and no time to be interesting
>>
>>91348683
I'm just saying it's a plus for me when you have Raven in JL vs TT acting nothing like Raven, basically the entire JLA acting completely out of character especially Wonder Woman, and Deathstroke being a complete retard in Son of Batman.

And it does make the movie more enjoyable for me since I'm a comics autist.

>>91348720
Eh, I just don't agree. For me the problem with movies like Suicide Squad is that the entire appeal of the team is the characters interacting, not whatever dumb end of the world plot they're facing this week.

I agree that it's done better in a series instead of a movie, which is my problem with comic movies in general, but I appreciate that they did a decent job trying to flesh out all the characters they had in the time they were allotted as opposed to JL vs TT where Jaime and Gar were just background jokes.

I can see what your problems with the movie are and they're legitimate. Just the direction they took worked for me and it had the kind of things I like in a comic movie.
>>
>>91348624
I agree with most of this
>Fucking cringed at the Kevin Smith garbage though.
I could tell he had a five hour podcast talking about how he got approached to be on Teen Titans. I would rather have a Jay and Silent Bob cameo.
>>
>>91348940
Smith used to at least have Fatman on Batman where he had interesting interviews despite he himself being a braindead fuck.

Now that podcast has turned into just talking about trailers. It doesn't even have anything to do with Batman anymore. I just don't understand why when he has a whole separate podcast for movie discussion.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.