/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After Deadpool and Logan, can Fox do an actually good Fantastic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Fantastic_Four_2015_poster.jpg (60KB, 280x414px) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic_Four_2015_poster.jpg
60KB, 280x414px
After Deadpool and Logan, can Fox do an actually good Fantastic Four film?
>>
>>91341843
I had no idea this existed until Critic posted a review of it. Looks like shit.
>>
Aside from Ben, the only characters that matter that are tied to this franchise are secondary.
>>
Not really. Half the problem is that the basis of the Fantastic Four is a family dynamic that has either been done to death or done better (i.e. The Incredibles) that has no real "place" in superhero films. No one wants to see four wonderful people going on an adventure w/ science & wonder & awesomeness. They sort of hit some decent points with the new one, but they went too close for "Isn't the normal idea of this KINDA fucked up?"

Then, your other problems is Doom. Dr. Doom is LITERALLY a dictator of his own country who wears Iron Man powered armor & is also a FUCKING WIZARD. Most people tend to find a techno-wizard Hitler too much to swallow as a believable character, but each one of these things are essentially the dynamic of Doom's character. He is their most well-known villain & their most powerful, hands down (I'd say comparable to Galactus considering how many Secret Wars he's managed to fuck up already.) A big problem is a lot of their stuff all works around them being adventurers (which is an outdated concept) or being cheap space/dimension-travellers, which is the recycled plot they've already tried. You either get a cheaper, weaker Doom with bad motivations or, at best, you're going to get a random alien like Annihilus or Blastaar, both of which tend towards lackluster and ALL THAT is considering...if they can get the rights to ANYTHING interesting that isn't STRICTLY FF.
>>
>>91341877
>I had no idea this existed until Critic posted a review of it.

Fucking seriously? The year it came out there was talk about how Trank might've posted on /co/ to rant about how much he thinks Simon Kinberg is a dick or how Matthew Vaughn is great when he's not bossing Trank around or being uncertain about MBJ's friend status with him.
>>
>>91341922
They could totally make a Dr. Doom movie instead of an F4 but I think they'll fuck that up too.
>>
>>91341935
To be fair, this movie is SUPER forgettable.
>>
>>91341843
Just give it back to Disney/Marvel

They can at least re introduce them to the kiddies a new following
>>
>>91341935
I only come on /co/ occasionally. I actually have a life.
>>
>>91341843
They could try to do something like GotG instead of what they did there, and could work, but would be better if they make a Spiderman like deal
>>
>>91341968
not same anon but i call bs on this. everyone here has ¨a life¨ and you can browse 4chan at the same fucking time
>>
>>91341968
> I actually have a life.

Yeah right.
>>
>>91341843
they work way better with edgy shit
>>
>>91341957
The problem is with how vapidly vindictive they are to just keep ANY money from it, they'll keep their grubby claws on FF & INSIST on making a lackluster movie. As long as it breaks ANY profit, it means they won't feel like it's wasted & still get to keep the rights. It's the same problem they had with Spider-Man. They wrote shit-versions of Spider-Man, then decided to lightly try to sell him back to Marvel, while trying not to lose face about it.
>>
>>91341843
No. The higher ups at Fox would not greenlit any film that requires more than a 50 million $ budget, and the Thing alone eats at money any time he's on screen.
>>
>>91341843
I'd settle for an FF movie where Doom doesn't have weird techno super-powers but is just an evil genius in armor so awesome he can hold his own against 4 people with super powers
>>
>>91341995
Except Fant4stic made no profits, it bombed. Marvel proper were the only ones that profited from that failure. Fox just ate a 80m+ loss. Atleast the Amazing Spider-man 2 made some money for the studio.
>>
>>91342031
It made 160K on a 120K budget, so that's literally any profit. If it pays for itself, they'll squeeze that dead horse for all the juice they can get out of it.
>>
>>91342045
>It made 160K on a 120K budget, so that's literally any profit.

>Fantastic Four grossed $56.1 million in North America and $111.9 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $168 million, against a production budget of $120 million (estimated $200 million including marketing and distribution costs),

They don't get back $160K, you know that international profits cuts a lot out, right? It's not like Transformers where they made enough in international tickets where the reduction would still give them a profit.
>>
>>91342045
Movies need to make double their production budget just to break even. Then there is the fact the the theaters take a cut from the gross. The film LOST money. There is nothing to squeeze out of it, its gone. Later installments would just eat away at money.
>>
File: 46fbaf6bcf4a8fbea6c2bc042a3f4dc3.jpg (518KB, 736x1138px) Image search: [Google]
46fbaf6bcf4a8fbea6c2bc042a3f4dc3.jpg
518KB, 736x1138px
>>91341843
Something like this maybe.
>>
>>91342045
By your logic, Green Lantern wasn't a box office bomb because its worldwide box office was $219.9 million against a budget of $200 million.
>>
>>91341877
I had no idea Critic still existed until I read your post.
>>
>>91341968
Fuck off, normalfag.
>>
>>91341968
>Still watches current Nostalgia Critic
>Claims to actually have a life

I have my doubts
>>
>>91342316
No I saw it on the sidebar of a different video. Just the poster makes it look like shit.
>>
>>91341922

Though the family dynamic is a huge part of FF, don't forget that they're also celebrities with no secret identities living in the middle of a major city. If the pitch is "Kardashians with super powers," there's a ton to work with before you even get into the deep bench rogue gallery, cosmic lore, etc.

And yeah, you could never make Dr. Doom, a technologically enhanced master of the dark arts with limitless political power, work as an on screen villain. Also what is a Darth Vader?

I would have a great time explaining to childhood me that I'd grow up to live in a world with an 8/10 Ant Man movie, but one of the most iconic comics of all time, that had a good 25 years of the best creative teams in the field crafting legendary storyline after legendary storyline, hasn't quite found the same pop culture footing as Rocket Racoon or Deadpool.
>>
>>91341843
Return the rights to Disney

they need new fans

thier nostalgia value is very low
>>
>>91342441
The other live action movies had the celebrity thing as well. They were pretty mediocre movies.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.