[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This has got to be the worse character ever created

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 16

File: damian.jpg (70KB, 1900x900px) Image search: [Google]
damian.jpg
70KB, 1900x900px
This has got to be the worse character ever created
>>
At the very least, he gets points for being different enough from Dick and Tim to stand on his own as a character, but similar enough that he's not treated as a weird footnote like Jason Todd or Stephanie Brown.
>>
>>91333263
I can understand that people doesn't like Damian, but come on: he's been quite fun to read so far. That makes for a good character, even if you dislike him.
>>
>>91333263
>Worst

I just finished America's Stroytime of Pain.

You are small time.
>>
>>91333263
He's got great genes though.

>inb4 Selina is pregnant and we get Helena
>>
>>91333263
>he hasn't read the new America Chavez
>>
>>91333263
Objectively wrong as there are characters who are far worse who also exist.

But yeah he's a shit.
>>
>>91333263
Jason is much better as the edgy robin
damian is just a toddler mary sue
>>
>>91333339
A good character have flaws, he has none
>>
>>91333339
have you been like completely ignorant of all the shit writing he promotes on a daily basis?

I can't wait til DC erases him from existence
>>
>>91333390
I dunno, man. Being an insufferable edgy lord with a bossy attitude and also failing at not being the distressed kid despite being a trained assassin or something... seems very flawed to me.
>>
>>91333409
Since Rebirth I think they're doing a good work with with him. Well, at least in Nightwing and Super Sons, which are the ones I'm reading.
>>
>>91333263
its definitely the worst version of Damian
>>
That's not Wiccan, OP.
>>
>>91333845
I mean out of main characters
>>
>>91333949
That's not Miles Morales, OP
>>
>>91333263
Tim fags on suicide watch
>>
>>91333325
>a weird footnote like Jason Todd

He has starred in one animated movie, Arkham Knight with his own DLC and... Injustice 2? What happened to that?

Anyway, Red Hood actually is pretty popular among normies, maybe more so than Nightwing
>>
>>91333263
Movie damian is trash. Comic damian is the best addition to the Batfamily since skinny alfred.
>>
>>91333370
>comparing the shit that is Damien to a god tier character like America
How DARE you xir
>>
Damian is great. Which you people would know if you read comics instead of watching shitty, half assed straight to dvd adaption

>>91334114
>>91333488
This.
>>
>>91333263
When I was watching Judas Contract I didn't payed a 100% attention to the opening scenes because I was weedlmao but the moment I heard Damian said ''keep that thing away from me!'' I was like FUCK YES! I already like this!
>>
The problem with the movie version of him, I feel, is that there is no levity to him. He's kinda a edgelord in the comics but it's balanced out by the times he acts his age or when he's bouncing off other characters (like Jonathan). The comics also make him flawed, especially in Tomasi's books where the shift in viewpoint points out how dysfunctional he is to someone like Superboy.
In the movies, he doesn't have as much levity. He doesn't seem to have an interest in art, his interest in animals is only touched upon at the end of "The Judas Contract", he acts more standoffish than arrogant, and he appears to act mostly serious, with some quips here or there. So what's left?
That's my take on it.
>>
>>91333263
Don't know about him in the comics, but I absolutely despise him in the animated movies. He has't had any real development. He's still a super aggressive obnoxious little shit, and everything about his dialogue and acting makes me cringe.

You'd think he would learn to chill the fuck out after who knows how many movies, with him being a main character in nearly all of them. I couldn't even finish Judas Contract because of him.
>>
>>91334114
Pretty much. I can't imagine Batman without him anymore.
>>
>>91334527
Really? I'd say he's one of the least important characters in Batman's circle of friends/family. Writers like Snyder and King seem to be going out of their way to not have to write him.

Damian seems like a necessary part of Nightwing's supporting cast. You could drop him from Batman without any issue, but Dick's books feel empty when he's not around.
>>
>>91333390
Fuck off
>>
>>91333263
Dick was the only Robin worth a damn. Tim, Jason, Damian? You could drop them from main canon and I wouldnt bat an eye
>>
>>91333263
Of course he's shit, he's literally Bruce Wayne without the Batman fanboy goggles making you ignore how much of a dick he is.
>>
>>91335242
But he's nothing like Dick
>>
>>91333461

He's also great in Teen Titans. Fuck the haters
>>
>>91333424
By flaws he means that Damian gets more spotlight than his favorite character.
>>
>>91334457

You are a fucking idiot, and he clearly has character development. Him thinking anyone else aside from starfish are amateurs is normal, people forget that he is a fucking robin, dick was the same, Tim was the same too, it's just that Damian is more outgoing about that and doesn't care about the feelings of others. Robins in general are arrogant.
>>
>>91333461
I'm glad all the Robins (Tim to a lesser extent, but eh) are in a good spot in Rebirth to be honest.
>>
>>91335861
At least each one have their place. Well, I'm sure Tim will, too.
He's not going to be stuck in the Limbo for much more.
>>
>>91333263
>t. Cartoonfag
>>
>>91333387
>Jason
>not Mary Sue

kek
>>
>>91335850
>Robins in general are arrogant
Cocky is the word you're looking for. And Damian isn't cocky. He's outright arrogant and condescending. Not a winning combo. And saying he's just like the previous Robins isn't an excuse.

>he clearly has character development
Like what? He acts tsun sometimes now? Like I said, no real development.
>>
>>91333263
This isn't a picture of Squirrel Girl.

At least Damian could believably beat Thanos.
>>
>>91334907
Least important is still Tim, anon
>>
>>91338925
Not Anglo speaker here, what's the difference between cocky and arrogant? In my language it's the same.
>>
>>91339002
No fuck off. SG doing that was when she was just a fun one off joke character. Damian is an insufferable twat comics or no. He's honestly the worst recently awful DC character equal to terry long.

Marvels are still worse by a long shot but that doesn't excuse him as a bad character.
>>
>>91339069
What is with this weird revisionist shit where people pretend Tim doesn't matter?
>>
>>91339152
He always sucked. Now the Timfags have been crushed enough that people can freely say it without idiots starting a derail because of it.
>>
>>91333263
You start to love the little guy when you realize he's supposed to basically be a tsundere. All he really wants is to be loved but his upbringing won't allow him to just admit it.
>>
>>91339086
It's more of a connotation thing. Their annotations are the same.

Cocky is more lighthearted, like a guy walking around smiling and thinking he's hot shit, but not being a total dick about it. Arrogant is more negative, and more accurately captures somebody like movie-Damian. He's mean and angry and thinks he's superior to everyone, and you'd think he would know a bit better after like half a dozen movies.
>>
>>91339220
>he's supposed to basically be a tsundere
Based on FUCKING WHAT!? He has no soft side, he's just an asshole!
>>
Haters are running free the thread, guys. Be aware!
>>
>>91339262
>He has no soft side, he's just an asshole!
Try actually reading comics with him in them moviefag.
>>
>>91339220
I kinda wish to an extent that Damian would quit being Robin and choose to try and have a normal childhood because that'd be nice for him but I doubt that'd ever happen and if they were to ever have a Robin quit and choose normalcy it'd probably be Tim.

>>91339270
>it's a Damifag gets triggered after every fucking Damifag continually shits on every other Robin in every other thread episode

kek
>>
>>91339333
>if they were to ever have a Robin quit and choose normalcy it'd probably be Tim.
and nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: 1489577679607.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1489577679607.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>91339262
he's a nice boy
>>
>>91339309
They're different characters. This thread is about movie Damian, his comic counterpart is irrelevant.
>>
>>91339407
>This has got to be the worse character ever created
Pretty sure he was created in the comics.
>>
>>91339333
I'm just a Jayfag who wants to be friend with other fags, anon.

Robin wars (kek) are as stupud as company wars.
>>
>>91339407
>This thread is about movie Damian

No it's about Damian in general as a creation
>>
>>91339449
Remember the week that Batman issue by King came out where they were eating fast food together and all the Robinfags were getting along?

What went wrong?
>>
>>91333263
He is indeed terrible in the movies. Great in the comics though.
>>
>>91339474
I wish I knew.
Good even if brief times.
>>
>>91339446
Was he though?
>>
I like the fact that Damian hasn't undressed in front of Jon, he's saving the moment.
>>
>>91339474
People kept picking on the Timfags and it all went to hell again.
>>
What is it with posters who hate Damian not being able to speak proper English?
>>
>>91339725
The poster who loves him can't either
>>
>>91339309
I have, he's a dick.

>>91339380
Look at him in that last panel, he's trying to decide if his act is working. Just drown the little shit in a sack already.
>>
File: damian wayne.jpg (130KB, 500x609px) Image search: [Google]
damian wayne.jpg
130KB, 500x609px
>>91339521
Batman and Son by Grant Morrison and Andy Kubert in 2006

read comics

he didn't really start becoming likable until Batman and Robin and developed a big brother little brother relationship with Dick
>>
>>91339609
tbf they deserve it
>>
>>91339978
No, they didn't. They were almost harmless. You can barely hear Tinfags lately. I'm starting to wonder if they even exist anymore. In /co/ I mean.
>>
>>91340095
if they do, we have to find them and kill them

they're like cockroaches, gotta exterminate them all, or else they'll reproduce
>>
>>91339333
>if they were to ever have a Robin quit and choose normalcy it'd probably be Tim
Tim tried to do that, and now he's locked up in Mr. Oz's sex dungeon
>>
Bring back Colin you fucks.
>>
>>91333263
He's definitely up there. It wouldn't be so bad if DC didn't push him so hard. Bruce already had a son that was well-received and had a unique setting and rogues gallery of his own, and his name was Terry McGinnis.

Damian just...sucks.
>>
>>91340560
Terry was a better character when he wasn't Batmans son.
>>
>>91333325
>Jason
>Footnote
When was the last time you saw Tim or Stephanie in anything outside of comics, anon? Inside, too for that matter.
>>
>>91333325
Jason Todd is the tits now, buddy. The normies love 'em. And when the normies love a character, DC loves the character.

and we Todd fans reap all the bennies. Damian ain't shit.
>>
File: Artemis2.jpg (18KB, 357x527px) Image search: [Google]
Artemis2.jpg
18KB, 357x527px
>>91333263
Why do people hate Damien? Why? I don't get it. He's

>acerbic
>aloof
>smug/superior
>distrusting
>crafty
>clever
>authoritative

These are all great qualities. In fact, Batman shares most of these qualities.
>>
>>91340560
>no one can actually name reasons why Damian is bad

>instead it's just "BUT WHY DOESN'T DC PAY ATTENTION TO *MY* HUSBANDO?
>>
>>91340734
When was the last time Jason did anything notable other than die?
>>
>>91341140
Be alive again.

You can do it better.
>>
>>91341029
Because half of those aren't great qualities.
>>
>>91341331
>not realizing that was the point of the post
>not realizing that the only reason people don't think bruce is an shit is because fanboy goggles
>>
>>91341488
No one really likes Bruce, at least comic Bruce, movie/DCAU Bruce is usually a bit more enjoyable, but at this point really he's just good to argue about and to ship Superman with.
>>
>>91341488
I think it's just annoying when it's Damian because he's a kid, honestly, and every shitty quality a person can have is, for whatever reason, exponentially more fucking annoying when it's a kid exhibiting them. With Bruce it's still shitty but his autism is still mildly entertaining (at times), and with other characters that have those qualities, like, I dunno, Guy Gardner, Lex Luthor or Jason Todd it's usually fucking hilarious.
>>
>>91341966
>I think it's just annoying when it's Damian because he's a kid
Personally, I love kid heroes. In fact, I like them more than adult heroes sometimes. It's fun to see a prodigy wunderkind defeating villains three times his age.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-07-16-28-11.png (575KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-07-16-28-11.png
575KB, 1280x720px
I actually kind like the new romance
they give Raven and Damian. They are cute together. This could be because I am not to familiar with the romance between her and beast boy and watch much of the tv series.
Speaking of Raven's possible love interest, which one will Trigon prove more ?
Which boy he would approve more to date or even inseminated his teenage daughter ? As he is in her head
And looks like Raven is going to the more active and on top one in this possible relationship, since she's the one that gives gift
>>
>>91342133
Fuck you. /co/ told me that they hinted at this, but they don't. That scene is literally in the last thirty seconds of the movie, and it's basically the only interaction they had the whole film.

There is no Damien x Raven. It'd be nice if there was, but there isn't.
>>
>>91341865
yeah animated bruce at least gets fun one liners and shit
>>91341966
yeah, since damian is a brat his shittiness in not really laughable and is just generally grating
you can't just handwave it away like with bruce
your gut instinct is to discipline the little shit
something with no writer for the movies seems to want to do since "cute and angry little damian can do no wrong"
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-07-16-26-20.png (836KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-07-16-26-20.png
836KB, 1280x720px
>>91342151
There were hints, this sence and that the two most often stand side by side through the movie, and she joke with him a bit
>>
>>91333263
He's arguably worse than most of the shitty Marvel characters (like Miles or Carol.) At least they only ruin their own books- Damian ruins the entire DC universe and all media related to it.
>>
>>91333339
>he's been quite fun to read so far.

literally everything he's been in except Batman & Robin has been insufferable. He has one character arc that's been retreaded over and over.
>>
>>91342133
>Which boy he would approve more to date or even inseminated his teenage daughter ?
Hmm I wonder which boy DC Satan would like best... Damn... Damien... that name is so familiar. Now where have I heard that before?

Technically Garfield does have the power to genocide entire planets on a whim but I think Robin fits the theme more. Now I just want pictures of Raven and Damien's super hellspawn children.

Joking aside I really like the two and kind of hope to see it bleed over into the comics. Doubt it though.
>>
File: 957341-666.jpg (175KB, 776x1054px) Image search: [Google]
957341-666.jpg
175KB, 776x1054px
>>91342312
opps forgot pic
>>
I read the entire DickBats run. I loved the hell out of Damian. Why do people hate him? Dick was a good balance for the kid. I loved how he tried to take on the Joker,
>>
>>91342426
because the only time he's a good character is when it involves big bro dick somehow
so if you remove their little history from the equation all you are left is with all the worst qualities of bruce in shitty brat form
>>
>>91342448
Just make Damian the new Flamebird
>>
>>91342448

But there was no Dick in R:SoB and during Tomasi's B&R.
>>
>>91342426
Because aside from Morrison, everyone writes Damian as one note or have him stuck in the same storyline, first he's a jerk but then we find out he's secretly deep down a good boy. Also pedofags that want him and Jon to fuck.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-07-18-27-49.png (709KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-07-18-27-49.png
709KB, 1280x720px
I can see why Damian has his eyes on her just the first time they meet
>>
>>91338836
>Jason Todd
>Mary Sue
Literally in what world Jason is a Mary Sue?
>>
>>91339270
The irony of this post....
>>
>>91343002
Not him but Lobdell has been writing him as a mary sue for years now, it's only since Rebirth that he's gotten better
>>
>>91343002
In his own comic.
>>
>>91343039
>>91343041
Show me proof of him being a "Mary Sue" by Lobdell. I will wait.
>>
>>91334907
I'd have to agree with you there, currently he's not getting much gravity within the core batman books, nice to see him him in nightwing, or briefly around bats when dealing with the Kents... But he's mainly dealt with in Teen Titans and Superkids or whatever.
He doesn't really have much weight with Batman orientated batman since rebirth.
>>
>>91343150
You have the added problem where he doesn't add much to the Batman books but if he's not in them it makes Batman look like a shitty father.
>>
>>91343092
Well, he's the chosen one of who knows what that doesn't do shit on his own story.
He had a magic blade that somehow being forgotten now.
Everyone likes him, well kinda. Okay maybe everyone hates him. But that's what makes him special, a special kind of mary sue.
He oneshotted shiva.
He got beaten up by Damian multiple times, if a mary sue lose by someone, does that makes the other a god?

That's all from the top of my head. In conclusion, yes, he's a mary sue. But in a different kind of way.
>>
>>91339474
King also came out with the power levels tweet a couple of weeks later.
>>
>>91343224
He's a Mary Sue in he special snowflake kind of way wherein everyone hates him because they 'don't understand'.
Roy and Starfire were dumbed down into being his sidekicks and acting really OOC.
>>
>>91343240
What to understand? They all hates him because he kills people. Anyway, that is exactly what mary sue is man. The hell with wikipedia, am I right?
>>
>>91343225
The amount of triggered Brucefags was astounding. Although King went full retard with his placing of Tim and Jason
>>
>>91343224
>Well, he's the chosen one of who knows what that doesn't do shit on his own story.
Tynion where literally everything he has done was ignored by Lobdell. Try again.

>He had a magic blade that somehow being forgotten now.
Having a special wepean doesn’t make someone a Mary Sue. Try again.

>He oneshotted shiva.
Tynion again. Try again.

>He got beaten up by Damian multiple times, if a mary sue lose by someone, does that makes the other a god?

>Everyone likes him, well kinda. Okay maybe everyone hates him. But that's what makes him special, a special kind of mary sue.
.......the amount of reaching is kinda sad and hilarious at the same time. Try again.
>>
>>91342190
>they stand next to each other and joke a bit
I can hear the wedding bells already, anon.
>>
>>91343301
*weapon
>>
>>91341131
Also
>DC won't stop forcing him down our throats!
Making it obvious they only watch movies and don't actually read comics.
>>
>>91333263
I dislike him alot but with the existence of America he can't be the worst.
>>
>>91343240
>>91343301
The funny thing about his argument is that both Jason and Roy acted like a complete idiots in Tynion's LoA arc and only Kory was the sane one. Even under Tynion, he still wasn't a Mary Sue.
>>
>>91342190
Best ship.
>>
>>91345303
Not even best ship in the movie
>>
>>91333263
Damian is unironically my favourite Robin.

I like self-entitled, smug brats.
And he's the heir to R'as and Batman, of course he'll be arrogant and not well adjusted.
>>
>>91345466
I think the whole deal with demian fuckery is to proof he is a kid with traumas just like his father but in another fields.
>>
>>91345563
Morrison created Damian to be an analogy of parents killing their childrens, Damian should had to stay dead, all that Dr Frankenstein Batman arc that come after was fucking garbage
>>
File: damian vs deathstroke dos.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
damian vs deathstroke dos.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>91333263
Nah, man. Damian's pretty great.
>>
File: 1489610505422.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1489610505422.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>Super Sons movie never

The greatest tragedy in this entire straight-to-DVD malarky.
>>
>>91333263
-Many years of existence
-He has appeared 2 volumes of batman and robin
-his own serie, Robin son of Batman(only 13 chapters, interrupted by rebirth), but even his 2 friends created in this serie returned in rebirth..
-Character in two series now, as a Member of TT and the comics supersons, make in similar way to Robin son of Batman...

Conclusion.. He is horrible for some people.. But he is a very successful character.
>>
>>91345466
My favorite too.. Then Grayson.. The best batman.
>>
>>91346113
>But he is a very successful character.

because DC has been pushing him more than Will Smith pushing Jade
>>
>>91333263
I prefer Ibn al-Xuffasch
>>
>>91346113
Yeah, it's not because DC has been pushing him hard and trying their best to make him succeed.

I am means, his book was literally called ROBIN SON OF THE BATMAN.
>>
>>91333263
Of you aren't a fan of Damien you are new, probably from tumblr, a teenager, never had younger siblings, nephews and will never have children, didn't read Morrison's run as it came out and are likely a Timfag.
>>
>>91342190
Disgusting. Raven looks old enough to /ss/

Normally it wouldn't be but this is Damian.
>>
>>91333339
Most of the current Damian haters don't read comics, they just watch these shitty Nu52 animated movies.
>>
>>91346373
Implying that Damian is more likable in comics.
>>
>>91346454
You don't read comics
>>
>>91346506
I do and he still unlikable brat who his character hardly evolved since he appeard.
>>
>>91346373
>haters don't read comics
The truth has been revealed.
>>
>>91346670
>who his character hardly evolved since he appeard
Jesus no, you REALLY don't read comics
>>
>>91346778
>oh look at how Damian started to act decent with people. Oh wait! We are going to reset his development in every one of his stories because we literally we have no idea what to do with him
Yeah, his character so evolved....
>>
>>91334124
*Americx, shitlord
>>
>>91339138
Damian being an insufferable twat is his best asset. I'm the type of person that loved T.O. and loves Mayweather.

And SG was never funny. She used to be a joke, then she became a problem. But it was never funny. At least before she looked like a wild joke instead of comfy-for-chubby-people.
>>
File: 1491499935962.gif (243KB, 440x277px) Image search: [Google]
1491499935962.gif
243KB, 440x277px
>>91333263
>Every adaptation with Damian in it ruins his relationship with Dick, which is his most endearing quality
How do we stop Timm and Dini's incompetence?
>>
>>91347002
The movieverse is getting better, their relationship is significantly more friendly in the Judas Contract movie
>>
>>91340734
Jason Todd spent almost two decades as "the Robin that sucked so much that fans voted to kill him". They had to bring him back with an entirely different shtick before anyone gave a damn about him.
>>
>>91347135
Literally your point have nothing to do with what he said.
>>
>>91333390

Yeah, except in universe the only people that like him are his parents and Dick
>>
>>91347298
Bruce and Tim like him too!
>>
>>91347298
Most of the characters his age (Jon, Maps, etc) he interacts with end up liking him. Though he's not as abrasive around people his own age in general, unlike with older characters where he feels he needs to prove himself as the best.
>>
>>91333263
That's not Harper Row
>>
>>91343264
I doubt anyone is going to catch the sarcasm, anon.
>>
>>91346454
Implying that an unlikeable character cannot be a good one.
>>
>>91347135
>>91347167
Also, I would want to add that the killing poll was won by the dead option apparently by a hair.
>>
>>91340734
Tim was in the Arkham games, those weird toyetic DTV movies, and Young Justice for a bit. The guy had a 20 year run as Robin, which was good enough to cement him into Batman's mythos permanently.

Jason Todd sure as hell isn't remembered for his time as a Robin (other than the story where he got beaten to death).
>>
>>91347670
????

What the heck is wrong with /co/ today? Why some keep saying things that have nothing to do with anything?
>>
>>91333263
Timfags are still bootyblasted I see.
>>
>>91347705
It's the weekend, anon. We are being visited by the school children.
>>
>>91347705
>when was the last time you saw Tim in anything outside of the comics?
>lists recent appearances of Time outside of comics
>"that has nothing to do with anything!"
>>
>>91346882
Damian being a shithead is the only thing he's got going for him as a character. Without that he's a less interesting Tim Drake.
>>
>>91347705
Are you the same guy from the "we're allowed to have one meta thread" thread who keeps starting his posts with a line of question marks?
>>
File: RSOB 6 1.jpg (518KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
RSOB 6 1.jpg
518KB, 1200x1845px
>>91346454
Not likable in comics? Just for you, this is just before he met his father:
>>
File: RSOB 6 2.jpg (557KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
RSOB 6 2.jpg
557KB, 1200x1845px
>>91347916
>>
File: RSOB 6 3.jpg (1007KB, 1789x2750px) Image search: [Google]
RSOB 6 3.jpg
1007KB, 1789x2750px
>>91347940
>>
File: RSOB 6 4.jpg (698KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RSOB 6 4.jpg
698KB, 1988x3056px
>>91347969
>>
File: RSOB 6 5.jpg (742KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RSOB 6 5.jpg
742KB, 1988x3056px
>>91347993
>>
>>91347839
I literally have no idea what are you talking about.

>>91347771
>Jason Todd sure as hell isn't remembered for his time as a Robin (other than the story where he got beaten to death)
What does being Robin have to do with what being said? No one remember Dick's time as Robin either because both of them evolved beyond being Robins and got their own identity now.
>>
>>91348055
>No one remember Dick's time as Robin either
What planet are you on? That's literally what his character is most well known for.
>>
>>91348127
No one remember his stories as Robin, that's what I meant.

Anyone who like Red Hood already knows that he was Robin, but they don't care about his time as Robin because he evolved to better position.
>>
>>91348055
>What does being Robin have to do with what being said? No one remember Dick's time as Robin either because both of them evolved beyond being Robins and got their own identity now.
The original post it was replying to was talking about how Jason Todd was too different from what came before (Dick) to really stick as a Robin. He did later find life as a different character.

When new adaptions of Batman need a Robin, they almost always go straight to Dick or Tim as the "default" Robins (or both, if they want to work in the first one retiring to become Nightwing). Daimen has a good balance between being "Robin-like" and having a unique relationship with Batman that sets him apart from the others, so it's pretty likely he'll be joining their ranks as the "main" Robins. Stephanie and (pre-Red Hood) Jason didn't manage to strike that balance.
>>
>>91348292
No one even acknowledge Stephanie as Robin expect her few fans. Not even DC acknowledge it.

Jason didn't get used as Robin because DC didn't let him be used. Bruce Timm talked about how he wanted to use Jason in the 90s BTAS because he liked how different he was from Dick, but they didn't let him and forced him to use Tim instead which why he turned him into Jason anyway.
>>
>>91348440
>Jason didn't get used as Robin because DC didn't let him be used. Bruce Timm talked about how he wanted to use Jason in the 90s BTAS because he liked how different he was from Dick, but they didn't let him and forced him to use Tim instead
What the heck? Why?
>>
>>91346241
>Damifags are so insufferable that I can't tell if this is irony or not

Astounding.

>>91347135
>it's an 'anti-Jason fag brings up that stupid fucking rigged poll from nearly 30 years ago again' episode
>>
>>91334288
This.
The movie version is pretty flat, and doesn't have the benefit of his developed relationship with Dick.

The thing I like about Damian, or at least the thing that makes him consistently entertaining as a character, is that while he thinks he way better than anybody else who he happens to be standing next to at the moment ... but also desperately seeks their approval, and needs them to acknowledge how much better and totally awesome he is. It's endearing in an insufferable ten year old kind of way.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.