[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feelings on F is for Family?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: f_is_for_family.png (319KB, 849x444px) Image search: [Google]
f_is_for_family.png
319KB, 849x444px
Feelings on F is for Family?
>>
>>91327558
Show sucks
>>
>>91327558
Was ok but Bojack is better. I would watch another season.
>>
>>91327558
Pretty ordinary. A Few good jokes but Didn't laugh a whole lot. It's just a Simpsons/family guy type show
>>
>>91327558
better than family guy but still a family guy clone
i dont see it going moral orel since its more serious so there is little to do, the mom has an affair, the teenager gets in some troubles by selling drugs or something, the boy has to deal with fighting, etc
>>
>>91327558
I liked it a lot. Very earnest. The ending gave me feels.
>>
>>91327558
waaay better than I expected 2bh
>>
Good King of the Hill OVA
>>
>>91327558
More like F is for Family Guy
>>
new season when?
>>
>>91327558

The creator married a black woman but he's making a show about a 70s white nuclear. Something about that rubs me the wrong way. It's like Bill burr is permanently purple pilled.
>>
>>91329845
the show is very clearly about his dad
bill's self-insert is the youngest boy
>>
>>91329845
It's almost like as a middle-aged white guy, he grew up in a 70s white nuclear family.
>>
I liked it. Pretty bland in some aspects but still a pleasant watch.

It does have potential, tho. I believe Burr can make it work.
>>
>>91329863

Hmm, still feels weird to me. It's almost like he made the show as a nostalgia trip & wished the 70's came back. Like I said, I really can't get a beat on Bill Burr. I don't know what his deal is. Even politically he was welcoming Trump before he got elected because he thought it would be funny, but then afterwords said he didn't support him at all. That aside, the show was good. It's nice to see a father figure shown as competent & well meaning. I think we're all sick of the homer simpson type of dad by now. That redneck kid with the diaper was a low point though.
>>
>>91329845
Maybe it's a story about himself, and then he grows up to have a fetish for black chicks?
>>
>>91329940
Maybe Bill Burr is just a retard, ever think of that?
>>
>>91329940
>hat redneck kid with the diaper was a low point though.
this, what the fuck is that about
>>
>>91329995

This would make it an instant 10/10.
I would laugh my ass off if that happened.
>>
>>91327558
i love me some Bill Burr but i was a bit dissapointed when i watched this.
i think its because i wanted it to be like his stand up or his podcast but its almost impossable to translate his comedy into 2d
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9ZSzuj1UpA&t=201s
>>
>>91330018
You're lucky if you didn't have to deal with some super white trash family on your block growing up
>>
>>91330096
>luck
>implying it isn't normal to not live around the trashiest of white trash

Get out of the trailer park Randy Bobandy
>>
>>91330127
>implying being around them means you're poor
North Chicago suburbs, white trash finds a way to filter in and it's not based solely on how much money you make
>>
>>91330096
>super white trash

elaborate.
>>
>>91330227
He means that he's poor but his family never told him
>>
>>91327558
>In February 2017, Burr announced in his weekely Monday podcast that season 2 would air before May 2017 or just in time for summer. Their will be 10 episodes surpassing its 6 in season 1.
>>
>>91330227
Stuff like the parents letting their kids run around at all hours of the day and night or the family everyone hears fighting at night after they've been drinking to much for to long, being trashy isn't tied only to how much you make this >>91330367 anon believes, chances are he was the white trash family on the street despite being well off
>>
>>91330390
I can't listen to his podcast ever since he gave up his dog and had a kid, he sounds like a broken man
>>
it's okay

if you had the opportunity to make a TV show why on earth would you make yet another family sitcom

>muh realism
>muh nostalgia

not enough jokes, too generic / 10
>>
>>91327558
I appreciate what it tries to do but it isnt that much funnier than other animated sitcoms with an interesting concept.
>>
The "did you pour water down the tv" bit was pretty good
Solid show overall but not outstanding in any area
>>
A TBS quality sit com that you can only watch on a premium paid service.
>>
File: I wish I were dead.png (391KB, 504x340px) Image search: [Google]
I wish I were dead.png
391KB, 504x340px
I liked the show but every scene with the disgusting diaper kid and his brother just made me cringe and wanting to turn it off.
>>
>>91327558
It's pretty satisfying, especially the karmic retribution scenes. I kinda have schadenfreude for the types of characters constantly shitting on other people.

As for the time period, it's pretty nonchalant on the whole 70s factor. There are dated references, but some of the stuff is still relatable today. It's not like Life on Mars where constantly stating that it's the 70s.
>>
>>91329434
>I liked it a lot. Very earnest. The ending gave me feels.
This scene connected with me on a visceral level that even Bojack Horseman couldn't achieve.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZUiqX9Ypg4
>>
>>91327558
good

season 2 when

disagreeing is just contrarian meme posting
>>
>>91329744
>>91328527
>>91328507
The show breakes away from the Simpsons/Family Guy tropes in some big ways though, refreshingly so actually. The biggest difference being F is for Family Isn't episodic and is generally very grounded in reality. Another nice difference is Frank isn't an idiot, he can do stupid things for sure, but his default reaction to situations isn't completely retarded like Homer or Peter. Overall it's a fun, sometimes touching, period piece.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.