[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about Young Justice Manta?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: Black Manta.png (96KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
Black Manta.png
96KB, 448x336px
How do you feel about Young Justice Manta?
>>
They were consistent with his reasons for hating aquaman at least
>>
>Gives a fuck about his son
>Didn't even talk about Aquaman that much
Shit!
>>
He was hot.
>>
>>91324970
IIRC he was in S1 exactly once

They should have made a bigger deal out of him since he's Kaldur's dad, and have Kaldur learn about it onscreen

The timeskip was brave but a mistake, since a ton of interesting stuff happened between seasons and there was only the game and comics for that
>>
>>91325069
Ocean Master also appeared exactly once, did nothing of importance and then was replaced by Manta offscreen. I still wonder what was up with that.
>>
>>91324970
This show did the crazy nuts villains really bad.

Black Manta is shit.
Joker is shit.
>>
He was okay, but not Black Manta.
>>
>>91325082
I'm guessing they were meant to fill those gaps with comics or revisit them in flashbacks. It's the only reason you'd just ignore stuff like that.
>>
>>91324970
I got good Captain Nemo vibes from him. Black Manta is a warlord under the sea after all.

They still should show hating Aquaman. His treatment of his son could make sense if Manta sees him as his heir to his dynasty of Hate
>>
>>91324970
his armor, specially the helmet, was GOD tier
>>
>>91324970
I liked him. There's always gonna be some "not muh" when it comes to interpretations like this, but I thought they did a good job of adapting him to the new material while staying respectful to the source.
If nothing else, he turned out much better than some of the other villains in that show did.
>>
>>91324970
I think he was the most compelling villain in a show that had pretty solid villains. In a show where Luthor, Vandal Savage, and so many others were great, Manta stuck out to me as the guy that was the fucking coolest.
>>
File: Kaldur.jpg (20KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Kaldur.jpg
20KB, 600x337px
>>91325783
this. Also, as an Aquafamily fan, I think this show is a gift from the gods given how much spotlight it gives to Aqualad and Black Manta. Aquaman was also based as fuck and we even had Mera, Tula, Garth, Lagoon Boy and even fucking Topo. It looks like Young Justice comes from an alternate reality where out-universe Aquaman is our out-universe Batman
>>
Manta was good in YJ, but he definitely needed more "How's the wife and kids" moments
>>
>>91326049
That level of depth is consistent throughout the whole show, and why it's one of the best.
>>
>>91325282
That's exactly what it was. YJ was written with a multimedia franchise in mind.
>>
Black Manta always hates aquaman but without a lot of good reasons. Weismann being Weisman, I could see them making that trait kind of mild until now.
Now black manta can blame aquaman for his son turning against him yet again
>>
>>91326189
Except for Green Lanterns :(
>>
>>91326327
Pretty sure we got appearances by Hal, John, and Guy.
>>
>>91326382
Appearances, but no depth at all. Barely even any lines.
>>
>>91326395
Not denying that, but that's still three Earth Lanterns.
>>
>>91326445
Mmmh. I'm hoping we'll get more stuff in S3, since it will probably go more cosmic, and if we assume he's the same age as Dick, then Kyle is just old enough to be getting a ring.
>>
>>91326497
Read my mind. It's weird that there's never been a teen Lantern, although that is essentially what Kyle was.
>>
>>91326521
In some ways it's nice though, it gives the franchise a little differentiation from most of the DC legacies.
>>
>>91326327
well, but we had the amazing GLTAS! I even asumed that Hal was YJ canon, and sice GL are missing in the series, it worked well
>>
File: hate.jpg (79KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
hate.jpg
79KB, 576x576px
>>91326445
Four. Not all Lanterns are green.
>>
>>91326586
Wasn't he an alien cat that somehow ended up on earth?
>>
File: 1476295636531.jpg (81KB, 677x650px) Image search: [Google]
1476295636531.jpg
81KB, 677x650px
>>91324970
>No Scar in face
>>
>>91325013
He was more low-key about his hateboner, but it still existed.

>"Hey son, good job with the mission. I'm proud of you. Btw, did Aquaman die?"
>>
Manta is the best DC villain in terms of looks and ruthlessness
>>
File: 357142-42391-charlie-vicker.jpg (85KB, 344x315px) Image search: [Google]
357142-42391-charlie-vicker.jpg
85KB, 344x315px
>>91326327
They had a Green Lantern show at the time and didn't want to step in its toes.

Weisman and Vietti actually were originally going to do a Green Lantern show starting younger GL recruits and Hal and others as veterans, with pic related as the main character.
>>
>>91327089
>pic related
Holy shit, that would have been the most based thing of all time.
>>
File: thumbnail_15127[1].jpg (147KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_15127[1].jpg
147KB, 400x300px
>>91324970
Don't you mean... Black Manta?
>>
>>91324970
His armor and mooks had cool designs, but I felt that his character was underwhelming.
>>
After all the Artemis and Superboy family drama in season 1, having a father figure show unconditional an genuine care and love for his son was pretty nice.
>>
>>91327434
>unconditional

But that's not true. He treated Kaldur like utter shit whenever he sided with Aquaman.
>>
>>91327812
doesn't mean he stopped loving him.
>>
>>91325145
All the batman villains were so painfully bad, it almost seemed like it was on purpose. Like they didn't want fans to want more Joker screentime, so they just made the shittiest Joker they possibly could.
>>
>>91327812
It was tough love, anon.
>>
>>91327917
>I will teach you to be ruthless, Kaldur'ahm, even if I have to beat that lesson into your skull!

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>91327869
Nah, he was a cunt. He should've learned from Sportsmaster, who learned that Artemis was conning the Light and laughed it off and was proud of her for doing that.

>>91327915
>All the batman villains were so painfully bad,

Ra's, Bane, and Clayface weren't so bad. I think Joker and Riddler were actively bad, but the others like Blockbuster and Poison Ivy were just goons.
>>
>>91328327
I never cared about the show not nailing Joker. Same with Suicide Squad. I think most of those critiques comes from normies who only care about Batman and Joker.
Joker in Young Justice is just a minor support character, I care about him the same I care about Icycle Jr.
>>
>>91325145
>>91325161
Joker was utter trash through and through.

Manta was vastly different from the comics, but if you divorce him from expectations he's a great villain.
>>
>>91328677
I actually do feel like more focus should have gone into Icicle Jr, Devastation (who had an ugly ass design, still mad) and the other teenage villains
>>
>>91327346
is there a... white manta?
>>
Netflix season when?
>>
>>91329319
Only on Earth-3, where he is the nicest man on the planet, whom only Ocean King (evil Aquaman) hates.
>>
>>91330656
is that for real?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.