[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many earth lanterns do we need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

File: Untitled.jpg (258KB, 860x543px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
258KB, 860x543px
How many earth lanterns do we need
>>
>>91322707
Enough to outnumber all the filthy Xenos.

But seriously, I think it would be better if they reformed it. Every planet gets a certain number of rings based on population and tech level advancement. Earth is at a tech level where 1 billion people equal 1 green Latern. So these six plus a spare. Or maybe not as all these murder sprees put the population under 7 billion.

Really make Green Laterns the cops. 1 guy can't patrol a entire sector that is 1/3000 done thing of the universe. Far too big. But he could in shifts protect a heavily populated world.
>>
>John and Hal as 2814 Lanterns, Kyle and Guy and Honor Guard
>Hal was banished, Kyle went rogue, John and Guy became the 2814 Lanterns
>2814 loses its Green Lanterns, is protected by Guy Gardner's Red Lanterns and Simon Baz
>John is now leader of the Corps, Hal, Guy and Kyle are his generals, Simon and Jessica are the 2814 Lanterns

The sector never had more than 2 Green Lanterns since the return of the Corps.
>>
>>91322707
Considering Jess and Simon are the only lanterns that have been on earth the last year, I'd say two.
>>
>>91322937
Oh....oh wow.....
>>
John should just retire, it's been so long since he was an interesting character
>>
File: 1410072135121.jpg (180KB, 578x900px) Image search: [Google]
1410072135121.jpg
180KB, 578x900px
>>91322802
This.

You have to look at the history of the members.

It was just Hal at first, but Guy was their backup in case something happened. Hal found out about this and went to meet Guy and hijinks ensued that got him his own ring.

John was the third choice and got his ring because Hal was out of action and Guy was busy.

Most of the time, Guy and John either didn't have their rings or kept them away somewhere. Hal was the only full time Earth Lantern.

Kyle is different for obvious reasons.

So Simon is the first Lantern since Hal to be chosen and made a Lantern in the traditional way.

And actually the ONLY other Lantern to be chosen the traditional way, since Jessica was also a special circumstance involving Earth-3 Volthoom.

It has nothing to do with humans being special or getting special treatment, it's simply because Hal became a really important player in the Corps and therefore John and Guy had to stand in for him on Earth. One can assume every other Lantern has a backup as well and that's where the rings go to when the Lantern dies.
>>
I always figured it was a sign that Earth was a lot worse than most other places in the universe.
>>
>>91322707
As many as are needed to contain the explosive growth of physics defying superhumans, magical entities, and the regular interplanetary invasions.
>>
>>91322707
Just give them new colors

Simon = yellow
Guy = red
John = indigo
Jess = violet
Etc..
>>
>>91323409
>Jessica in a slutty Star Sapphire uniform

I don't think my dick could take it
>>
>>91323259
What is this from ?
>>
>>91323259
You can argue that Simon didn't get his ring the traditional way since at the time the rings were malfunctioning because Guardian Shenanigans. But yeah all this bitching about why are there too many Earth/American Lanterns is getting kinda old. You need 2 Lanterns per sector, Hal was MIA, Guy was a Red for a bit, John was chilling in OA and Kyle was white.
>>
>>91322707
Baz = TERRORIST
>>
>>91322707
1 for every ethnicity, plus 2 white ones.

>>91322790
I agree, but would change the tech level for a threat level of sorts, because some races are super strong depiste technolgy, and there would be more dangerous regions, with cosmic shit, like magnetic pulses and space pirates.
>>
>>91323591
Did he get to cure more people or that was just a one time thing, as everyone predicted?
>>
>>91323763
He cured Bleez of her rage, though that was a temporary thing because Jessica interfered.
>>
>>91323409
>>91323458
Why not make a man a slutty saphire?
>>
>>91323800
John had a sapphire ring but he wasn't very slutty
>>
>>91323548
Johns Booster Gold, issue 2 or 3 I think
>>
>>91323259

Exactly. It just so happens a lot of bullshit happens around human Lanterns because shock, they're the focus.
>>
>>91323820
I want a slutty man!!!
>>
File: 1466379531772.png (3MB, 1299x732px) Image search: [Google]
1466379531772.png
3MB, 1299x732px
>>91323458
>>
>>91323908
Me too anon, me too

Which GL is the sluttiest? Make him a star sapphire
>>
>>91323409
>Simon = yellow
There's an implication here that doesn't sit well.
>>
>>91323259
>Hal found out about this and went to meet Guy and hijinks ensued that got him his own ring

Guy technically never got a full fledged ring until the Crisis. The first time he filled in as backup, a power battery blew up in his face and he got sent to the Phantom Zone to be tortured.
>>
>>91323980
He literally got a ring to begin with because Sinestro's and Hal's rings both saw similar qualities in him

The boy has the makings of a yellow, anon
>>
>>91324019
"Let's give this Muslim character a terror-based weapon".

Do you think they will do it?
>>
>>91323969
>Which GL is the sluttiest?
Guy tries, but Kyle succeeds.
Hal's record is decent, and John is the only one that tries for serious relationships.
>>
>>91323969
Jordan definitely
>>
>>91324064
That would be poignant and require a pretty in-depth understanding of the current political landscape from the perspectives of both Americans and Muslims.

Which doesn't make it very good subject matter for a book about punching space aliens with a giant green boxing glove.
>>
>>91323409
Why would Jess be Violet? She's perfect as green. Maybe yellow for shock factor but Violet?
>>
>>91323763
He tried it on Atrocitus... didn't go so well. He also snapped Jess out of Hell Tower induced rage.
>>
>>91322790
>>91323745
Thats the way to go in my opinion.

Earth is a hotspot for major events, so it gets a high proportion of Lanterns and 2 dedicated Lanterns that focus entirely on that planet alone, let alone the rest of 2814.

Meanwhile there have got to be entire tracks of backwater space that are relatively stable. The GLC should be akin the UN peacekeepers - assigned to hotspots rather than general regions.
>>
Kill John, retire Hal, make Guy a Kilowog-style sergeant/trainer, make Kyle White again but actually have him face more Messiah-tier threats this time, revert Jess to Power Ring, and have Baz' new partner be an alien.
>>
>>91324795

Your ideas are terrible.
>>
How long until Sinestro comes back or is he dead for good?
>>
>>91323908
Let Dick Grayson be a Star Sapphire!!!!
>>
>>91324991
Sinestro has died 4 times. He ain't staying dead if there is a Hal Jordan to torment.
>>
>>91324991
Sinestro is basically unkillable, he'll show up sooner or later with some keikaku bullshit
>>
>>91323763
He might try it again next issue on Dr. Polaris' brother
>>
>>91325311

Then Vath and Isamot can drag him back to Oa and Soranik can REEEEEEEE that he's a better brain surgeon than her.
>>
>>91325098
>He ain't staying dead if there is a Hal Jordan to lust over
Fixed that for you, dude
>>
>>91324963
I mean, you couldn't just make them suddenly happen (except for killing John), but I feel like with the right build up they'd be good endgames. Also, I'll concede making J-Bird Power Ring again might be a step in the wrong direction, but at the same time, I feel that an alien in 2814 could be really interesting.
>>
>>91322707
Could use a couple more female Lanterns in sexy skin tight uniforms
>>
File: GL Job.png (518KB, 545x619px) Image search: [Google]
GL Job.png
518KB, 545x619px
We could start with Lanterns that aren't all from the same country. Then we can work up to having space stuff with aliens instead of fucking Earth with every other hero in that universe on it
>>
>>91326600
I want a German (or Austrian) GL, who's a pretty hardline conservative, and then has to work together with BAz, and overcome some of her issues with Arabs.
>>
>>91322707
Earth is by far the most dangerous planet in the universe, and the origin of all life. It makes perfect sense for the Guardians to want extra protection for it.
>>
>>91322707
Earth is a multiversal nexus and pretty much the place most likely to have something horrible and universe-threatening go down.

We have all of Earth's heroes AND multiple GL's AND the entire GL corps comes here all the time and we still barely scrape by.
>>
>>91323259
Wasn't Simon's ring a fusion of Sinestro's and Hal's?
>>
>>91323409
Jess would obviously be Yellow
>>
Was Rankorr revived yet?
I still feel bad for the fact that Guy stole his book
>>
>>91323908
I still say that Bunker should have been a Star Sapphire/someone channeling he violet light without realizing it
>>
>>91326646
Dumb /pol/tard
>>
>>91323124
>John should just retire, it's been so long since he was an interesting character
He's joining the Yellow Lantern corps. (Or was that just a rumor?)
>>
>>91327695
If I was a /pol/tard wouldn't I want her to convince Baz that Arabs were bad? Mostly I just want more German/Austrian representation in comics, and I think this could be an interesting way to do it, because of the tensions going on there right now.
>>
>>91324625
>Earth is a hotspot for major events, so it gets a high proportion of Lanterns and 2 dedicated Lanterns that focus entirely on that planet alone, let alone the rest of 2814.
Earth is the Keystone world. When things go badly wrong there, red skies tend to show up on every planet in the universe.
So the Guardians tried... they kept recruiting new GL's from Earth to keep the planet safe but they were all just TOO GOOD. All of them have trained other lanterns! And they're so good at their job that they keep being deployed to other hotspots around the Universe so that at any given time there's usually not a GL on Earth -- despite there being 4 of them.

Then Hal stepped in, put his foot down and recruited two GL's for Earth and ordered them not to leave the planet. They are GARRISON for the Keystone World.
>>
File: STGL-Stranger-Worlds-1.jpg (179KB, 461x700px) Image search: [Google]
STGL-Stranger-Worlds-1.jpg
179KB, 461x700px
>>91324991
>How long until Sinestro comes back or is he dead for good?
Rumor is that the Star Trek / Green Lantern crossover is actually going to be canon and the Sinestro from that Universe will be transported back to the main DCU when the 2nd or 3rd miniseries is done.

See, THAT Sinestro (and the other lanterns from that book) are from OUR FUTURE. They're survivors of the 2nd Blackest Night which killed everything in the Universe except like 10 people. So when Sinestro arrives back in our universe he'll have a roadmap to the next several years events and be working to prevent it from coming to pass.
>>
>>91326311
>I feel that an alien in 2814 could be really interesting.
Raanian.
>>
>>91327942
Raan can't be in 2814, it already has it's own GL.
>>
>>91327687
Isn't Trinity from Teen Titans Earth's Indigo Lantern? (And it's just that no one noticed she existed except Manchester Black...?)
>>
>>91327918
>Canon
>Khan killed Atrocitus
>>
>>91327970
Raan used to be around Alpha Centauri, didn't it?
(Ah... it moved prior to the Raan/Thanagar war, didn't it?)
>>
>>91328002
>Khan killed Atrocitus
I didn't say it was well written. Just that that version of Sinestro would become ours.

(And really... is there anyone who hasn't killed Atrocitus by this point? It'slike villains-of-the-week beating up Worf to show they're tough.)
>>
>>91322707
>who should we give the colourful finger-worn tokens
>>
>>91327971
Yeah I don't think anyone at DC even remembers that that version of the Elite even existed
>>
>>91328466
Good. The more of that TT era gets wiped out of existence, the better.
There are only like 2 things in there worth retaining.
>>
>>91327422
Rankorr is still dead

Atrocitus got the reds back at least
>>
>>91327717
John is leading the GLC and Soranik is leading the yellows

I don't see any reason why John would go yellow
>>
>>91328526
I liked Bunker and...

Nope nothing else from that era is jumping out to me.
>>
>>91327918
>Rumor is that the Star Trek / Green Lantern crossover is actually going to be canon
Sauce? That'd be interesting
>>
>>91328927
Like the new Powergirl but YMMV.
>>
>>91322707
I only need Jessica
>>
As long as they're cute, the more the merrier.
>>
>>91329050
I think this is fair. Most people like her from Priestroke but she got some fans from TT as well. I remember some commenting that they were glad she's showing up again.
>>
>>91327918

This is not a thing that will happen.
>>
>>91322790

I like your idea, the most.

Though it would be nice to just have an alien from the 2814 sector come to help out on Earth at least part of the time.
>>
>>91329102
Damn right.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.