[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brightest Day/Flashpoint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: flsh_163_sav-copy.jpg (942KB, 800x1192px) Image search: [Google]
flsh_163_sav-copy.jpg
942KB, 800x1192px
I just read Brighest Day and Flashpoint, after having stopped reading DC 3 issues into BD when it was first running.

Why the fuck did these all feel so useless and non-consequential? Like, THATS how the DCU rebooted? Flashpoint? Maybe I've got nostalgia goggles but Blackest Night was so much more fun of an event.
>>
>>91322264
Bump
>>
>>91322264
Because the New 52 reboot was a side effect of Flashpoint

a TWEEST
>>
>>91322264

Brightest Day lead into the New 52 Animal Man and Swamp Thing runs. At least it was meant to. No idea how the Flashpoint fuckery affected that.

Flashpoint wasn't meant to alter the DCU. It was just a Flash story. Then I think the new president anove DiDio ordered massive rebooting and fuck the logic. So Flashpoint had like four dumbshit pages tacked on. Very few of the rebooted to hell lines managed any kind of resolution or ending.
>>
>>91322264
DC fucked up Johns' BD/Flashpoint plans big time.
BD's ending brought back Hawkwoman, but she was promptly forgotten. It's sad that Johns spent a significant portion of BD untangling Hawkman's origin, but it didn't even matter in the end. Martian Manhunter had a new lease on life but was retconned into a cold-hearted psycho. Firestorm was completely rebooted. Aqualad wasn't seen for a long time. Flashpoint's ending got shoehorned into the New 52. BD brought back Jade and Max Lord, but soon, they were forgotten, too. JLI: Generation Lost never continued.
I guess he was able to save Aquaman for himself, and I think there would have been a new Swamp Thing series even without the New 52, but it was a capital shitstorm. I'm still mad about it.
>>
>>91324175

I think it's clear he was leading into Justice League Rebirth with the original 7. Maybe a proper Secret Origin with them. How I wanted to read those.
>>
File: 1478146849808.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px)
1478146849808.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>91324224
I'm not sure about the O7
I thought it would lead into a sorta satellite era league with the originals + Firestorm and Hawkman fresh off BD
>>
>>91324441

It was the first time the O7 were all alive in anout 25 years, and it was Johns doing. I have to think he had at least an arc, or mini around that in mind.
>>
>>91324175
This.

Read Johns' short Flash run with Barry that lead into Flashpoint. It's extremely obvious that he had much bigger plans.

Brightest Day is boring and kinda crummy but its purpose was to put everything into place for a bunch of new shit coming up, 90% of which got shitcanned with the New 52 and the rest of which ended up being pointless because of the New 52 rebooting everything anyway.

>>91324441
I think the New 52 JL origin had been in the works for awhile, masterminded by Johns, Lee and Harras as part movie pitch, part jumping on point, and at some point Lee and Harras came up with the idea for the New 52 and decided JL would be the launching point for it.

I don't know if at some point it was just a new era, what with what >>91324635
said and with Firestorm, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman and Cyborg all being positioned to join the League, or if it was always an origin retelling and everyone but Aquaman and Cyborg got boned.
>>
>>91324830

I wouldn't be surprised if Cyborg was going to be promoted up to League member after a "getting the band back together" arc. He's been in need of something to do forever. I'm positive him as a founder was editorial at the highest level, or forced movie synergy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.