[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Morty choose to live with Jerry? Despite it all I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: Father and son.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Father and son.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Would Morty choose to live with Jerry?

Despite it all I think he actually wants to adventure, but we know he agrees with Jerry's assessment of Rick. Having Morty join in on Jerry's ultimatum to leave as long as Rick stays would also put a lot more weight behind it.
>>
Everyone in that family knows that Jerry is an idiot. Living alone with him would be a nightmare.
>>
>>91314591
He probably would have out of pity but Rick would never have let him go.
>>
>>91314899
Better than living with Rick
>>
>>91314591
He loves his dad, but he feels that somebody ought to be at least trying to keep Rick in check.
>>
>>91315067
If Rick pushes too hard, he risks pushing Beth and Summer away (they probably care more about Morty than they did Jerry). It might actually be up to Morty.
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Cronenberg Family.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Cronenberg Family.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
So their too far gone to be saved right?

>I'm surprised they haven't met up with Cronen Rick & Morty yet.
>>
>>91315464
They are eating Cronen Rick & Morty.
>>
>>91314899
Rick aside, you seriously think the wino who has slight resentment towards her kids is the better option?
>>
>>91315507
I checked it and that's not rick and morty. Would've been a cool tie-in though.
>>
>>91315507
Or, wearing them?
>>
>>91314591
I like to think he'll try it out in an episode plot, but ultimately it would be written in some way that Morty resolves to live with the rest of the family in the end.
>>
>>91315464

The real question is how long until Alpha Jerry impregnates Summer.

Gotta propagate that species.
>>
No. He might hate rick, and get annoyed by his sister, but Jerry is too pathetic, and stupid to live alone with.
>>
>>91315563
Beth has shown concern for both her kids marginally more times and better than Jerry. I could be wrong, but I can't recall when he ever really payed attention or showed concern for Summer *at all* other than the Big Head region/music contest episode and Beth was the one spearheading that, he was backing her up. He bailed on Morty and his science project, humiliated him just like Rick typically does in public, and tried too late to reconcile, and tried to beg money off his daughter.

Both he and Beth were kinda shits to Morty when he "had" his child, but Beth has typically been concerned with how Morty does in school, and that Summer isn't doing anything like...well... like the mistakes she made that led to her marriage. I don't think Beth has any true enmity towards her children, just towards that she made some bad life choices and is still paying for them.
>>
He'll probably visit him periodically throughout the season as a split custody type deal. It's a reason to have Jerry scenes.
>>
>>91314591
Probably not. Whether Jerry has a point or not, the writers don't think he has one. He's supposed to be the stick in the mud antagonist trying to stop Rick from being totally cool, kind of like Skyler from Breaking Bad. The difference is that in BB, the writers knew that Skyler had a point. The R&M writers seem oblivious to the idea that Jerry could be right about Rick.

Nothing good will happen to Jerry longer than 10 minutes because Jerry is the Meg or post movie Squidward. The writers think it's hilarious to make him perpetually suffer and will never consider him as an actual character.

>>91315563
No, but the writers think so. Beth is the character who does the least for others, has attempted to improve herself the least and gets played as the butt of the joke the least, despite being nearly as present as the others.

I'm pretty sure she's one of the writer's waifu and that's why she's so perfect and always right and never has to admit she's wrong.
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Savage Summer.jpg (181KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Savage Summer.jpg
181KB, 1276x720px
>>91315686
I can see why they went feral so quickly, most likely due to Kuru (Disease).
>>
>>91315964
Isn't it hinted at some episode that she's a sociopath?
>>
>>91315686
Thats the direction I thought it was gonna go, like Beth pops up next to BuffJerry in bed, then Summer right after
>>
>>91315964

In *all* fairness she has kept the family going through the first two seasons after Jerry lost his job. Summer doesn't have a job with the Devil anymore (and she probably kept her earnings) so she's literally the only person who brought in money because we aren't shown Rick handing over any money from his adventures or dropping a sack of space gold down in front of her.

You have a point that she seems the least developed but take into account that when she's not putting up with her husband's shit, she was probably at work, making sure everybody else still had a roof over their heads.
>>
>>91315964
Honestly from the show I'm getting that the writers are aiming for Jerry to kinda have a point about Rick. In cronan-universe Jerry without Rick around is a macho leader type and initially they all seemed happier even if they're more feral. He's got some solid points against Rick he's just too stupid to get them out there himself but I think the writers mean for us to sympathize with him.

Also Beth gets shat on but just not near as much Jerry. More than Summer for sure. There's the whole "she's only a vet" joke repeating plus her egotism and straight up mocked daddy issues.
>>
>>91315464
>>91315507
Are you retarded? The Cronenberg world is Morty's ORIGINAL world, the episode confirmed it for the retarded viewers that can't remember Rick Potion #9.
>>
>>91316554
Are you retarded? In the end of Rick Potion #9 an alternate version of Rick and Morty who were already chronen came to that earth.
>>
>>91315563
>>91315964

Are you suggesting that a white, upper middle class breadwinner mother is disqualified as a parent because she drinks or resents her idiot husband and the life he's stuck her with?
>>
>>91314591
Anon, honestly now-

Would ANYONE choose to live with Jerry?
I honestly can't think of a single non-Jerry character that would live with him given the chance to do otherwise.
>>
>>91315464
Why does Morty care about not his real family more than his real family, who may or may not be dead? If they even are his real family.
>>
>>91316785
>Marries an idiot
>Willingly has children with an idiot
>Would rather be coddled by her father instead of facing the consequences of her actions and changing her life instead of suffering, and making her family suffer as a consequence, day in and out

Jerry might be a spineless idiot, but he's proud of the life he's built and try's to make it work while Beth would rather actively antagonize everyone instead of acting like an adult.
>>
>>91316983

What are you even talking about? What consequences is she supposed to be facing? How is wanting your father in your life wanting to be coddled? And who the hell is she antagonizing?
>>
>>91316526

jerry suffers way too much but it seemed like in the season 3 premiere they somewhat realized that jerry doesn't really deserve the shit he gets despite getting it.

He actually just wanted to keep his family safe from the madman of the universe.
>>
>>91317045
>What consequences is she supposed to be facing?
The fact that he life is shitty EXPLICITLY because of her own choices
>How is wanting your father in your life wanting to be coddled?
She doesn't just want Rick in her life, she wan't his constant validation, which he's perfectly willing to give in exchange for free room and board. Its established in the FIRST FUCKING SCENE they have together where he goes on a long tangent about how her mother would be proud of her pancakes. She wants his validation because she hates her life.
>And who the hell is she antagonizing?
Her family, who knows their mother/wife is chronically miserable, but can't help because they themselves are part of the reason why due to no fault of their own. We see that in her drinking, giving Summer a black eye because she was drunk, calling Morty retarded, openly insulting her Husband in front of company.

Its obvious her life doesn't measure up to her standards, but instead of being an adult and changing her life, she'd rather bottle it up, hide in her father's obviously forced validation, and wait until change happens to her, in this case, Jerry forcing the divorce, which he's completely justified in doing.
>>
>>91316818
Doofus Rick.
>>
>>91317181

Rick could get his own place easily. But in one episode they actually hi-light the fact that he's very lonely. He even attempts to hang out with jerry after he can't find the others and is visibly excited when morty gets home.
>>
>>91314591
No, he might try to like
>>91315219
>>91315156
Said
He definitely wouldn't be able to because rick will keep bringing him on adventures and stealing him back anyway..
>>
>>91317255
https://youtu.be/BdpyvMgBQTk
I know from this
>>
I like the show but the character of Jerry just annoys me. Because he's basically just the show's (and especially Rick's) emotional punching bag. I don't get the sadistic glee out of watching him fail and be pathetic that the show apparently wants me to have so I would prefer if they just wrote him out of the show entirely so I don't have to see it. And the whole 'pathetic incompetent father' thing is so overplayed and tired at this point (Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, Fred Flintstone, outside of cartoons every sitcom dad).
>>
>>91317181

>The fact that he life is shitty EXPLICITLY because of her own choices

How is she in any way avoiding the consequences of those actions? She made choices she's not happy with so she's not happy. What exactly do you want her to do?

>She doesn't just want Rick in her life, she wan't his constant validation

Yeah. People want validation from their parents and very frequently allow close relatives to live with them free of charge.

She's depressed and she drinks. She feels trapped. There is something deeply silly in you suggesting that she needs to change her life without specifying how she's meant to do that.
>>
>>91317171
The thing jerry isn't getting is that by marriage rick is also a part of his family and he has to care about him when he thinks of family. The family was technically safe on that tiny planet if uncomfortable there. He kinda selfishly wanted to go home and figured he could if they sacrificed rick. But he wouldn't so easily say that for Beth/Morty/Summer. He doesn't see Rick as family like they do.

Same thing for rick too. He doesn't see Jerry as family. He only tolerated him so long because it'd upset Beth if he died.

It'd be interesting to see them get to a point where they maybe overcome this and see each other as really family even if they stay not liking each other.
>>
>>91316983

You've gotten it wrong.

>High school girl has sex without protection to an idiot
>High school girl winds up pregnant
>High school girl marries father and somehow manages to become a vet despite being a teenage mother with an idiot husband who she is supporting.

Beth is freaking smart. Genius level even. She's just not Rick smart, and she's carrying the family. She's also really messed up, having severe abandonment issues and resenting Jerry.
>>
>>91316983
the fuck?

Beth built his life. He's jobless half the damn time. Also she got pregnant before marriage and an abortion was close but didn't happen.

Her father hardly coddles her and she asks for little more than his presence from him and in return he gets whatever he wants and free rent. How could she possibly change her life by now? You want her to pull a dollhouse and run away to some beach abandoning her kids because it'd make her suffer less? She works, feeds the kids, supports her father, and suffers.

In fact most of the time when it seems like Beth is finally gonna change for the better it's because she's about to divorce or thinking of divorcing Jerry. Maybe now that it's happening her life will actually get better for a short time.

Though it's probably gonna go back to status quo soon.
>>
>>91314591
Beth is such a boring character, Jerry is at least funny in his incompetently and is very relatable.

He deserves something truly good to happen to him.
>>
What if season 3 gives Beth a chance to suffer, and Jerry a chance to shape himself up.
>>
>>91317849
what's he ever done to deserve anything truly good?
>>
>>91317966
He isn't a complete asshole.
>>
>>91317991
gay and wrong
>>
>>91317518
Both Rick and Jerry made the living situation worse but not respecting each other but outside of that, Jerry didn't like how Rick's science misadventures put the family in danger.
>>
File: IMG_2815.jpg (42KB, 691x372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2815.jpg
42KB, 691x372px
https://youtu.be/aQ4Sb_rnCqw
https://youtu.be/203OAQYDKNw

Was this supposed to emphasize how jaded and power-hungry Rick has become since the beginning of the show?
>>
>>91318073
I can't remember him ever really voicing concern over the family's safety. His concern is usually over basic shit or comfort. Mainly played as a joke but that's just how he's been in values.
>>
>>91317991
>He isn't a complete asshole.

He's had his moments, and unlike some people think, they aren't just in season 2.
>>
>>91318147
most of the time it was fairly blatant Jerry's main motivation is he feels undermined as a husband and a father the way everyone else just accepts Rick as the head of the household despite being a selfish flake who always goes out of his way to tell them how stupid they are in his eyes
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.