[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Marvel too stupid to understand what they are doing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: nomad.jpg (45KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
nomad.jpg
45KB, 309x309px
I am a big Marvel fan and I am one of those idiots who even liked Stories such as Ultimatum or Gwenpool.
I understand the hate about Gwenpool as it is more like anime and /co/ hates weeb shit.
But atleast it has some story to it.
But what is this Ms. America or Spider-kid bullshit. The webcomics has better storylines and art than these.
I understand Marvel is pandering to SJW. but are they too stupid to realize that they are destroying their own fanbase?
>>
>>91310169
They wont realise until its too late, I'm also a big marvel fan but at the moment I'm just reading all the old stuff
>>
>>91310212
They do have good books like USAvengers.
Even nova is having a really great run.
But these books are too rare.
>>
I'm just waiting until Aarons off Thor and they hire someone who gets that Thor fans want to read about Odinson being Thor.
>>
>>91310169
They know exactly what they're doing, they get good press for making diverse books (regardless of quality) the first few issues do incredibly and the reader decay becomes immense, they cancel the book, blame people for not supporting the diverse book and the cycle starts again.

They're going to ride wave this until an inevitable crash like they did in the 90's

It also doesn't matter in their eyes as the comics are irrelevant compared to the success that the MCU has
>>
Does anyone have any sales figures?
I went to twitter to see the hate to Gabby Rivera for shit storyline but all I saw was SJW buying these comics.
How big is their marketbase?
>>
File: 1491403112419.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1491403112419.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
How beautiful was this moment
>>
>>91310169
No, people who never actually read Gwenpool hate her because of the sudden Gwen Stacy push that marvel did last year, people who actually read that comic laugh at these people.

Ms America, Hellcat and books like these are the only one that people on /co/ ever want to talk about. We never got actual discussions about shit like Carnage, Contest of Champions, Moon Knight, Illuminati, AN Wolverine, New Avengers, Ultimates, Spider-Man and Deadpool, Ms Marvel, Renew Your Vows, Hyperion, Squadron Supreme. No, if it's Marvel you have to shitpost about it.

It's just like a few years ago in the middle of New 52, you couldn't have a DC thread without a half dozen anons shitting the thread up.
>>
>>91310358
Not really seeing any love for America on twitter...

Where you looking anon?

It really seems nobody is buying the book.
>>
>>91311918
I guess you could say that Marvel has finally caught up to DC.
>>
>another anti-marvel thread
woo /co/ is real fun with interesting discussion these days
>>
>>91312111
Have you read what they are publishing lately, it ranges from meh to bad.

The only really good thing to come out of Marvel lately has been Moon Knight and Vision.
>>
>>91310169
No, and they are listening to moronic commentators telling them they "aren't SJW enough" because their diverse characters aren't written by enough nonwhite writers.
>>
>>91312047
Naw, it's just how the cycle works, one has to be doing better than the other and no matter one you'll get people shit posting about them no matter what.

Honestly, I've got more Marvel on my pull list than I do DC, but I don't go out of my way to shit post about comics I don't like, I try and tall about the ones that I do like.
>>
>>91310169
Nothing wring with Gwenpool.
>>
>>91310358
>>91312037
Started looking into this deeper, really there is no buzz around America #2, especially not on Twitter.

>>91312160
Well considering every established writer worth their salt is leaving Marvel, they might have to start hiring cheap diverse writers because they can't sell all the fucking 50 titles they shove out every week.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-13-17-04-54.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-13-17-04-54.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
>>91312158
>>91312276
How come everyone forgets about Joe Kelly?
>>
>>91310358
Generally low. A lot of the books that are obviously bad will start off around 40K because of good PR, then by issue 2 they're at 20K, then 15K, then sub-10K.

Although given the quality of the books, one has to assume they're not paying the talent very much, so maybe they don't care...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.