[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Time: Elements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_onxmv7WUQ51uwb31io1_1280.png (641KB, 751x421px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onxmv7WUQ51uwb31io1_1280.png
641KB, 751x421px
>The 8-part mini-series follows Jake and Finn as they return to Ooo after months of being away, only to discover that some radical changes have taken place in their absence. Facing an Elemental curse too huge to fix alone, Finn must turn to unlikely allies to put things right and unlock one of Ooo’s greatest secrets.

Opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-NfaXYFzJk
>>
And here are the airdates
>>
File: tumblr_omtrgboY6B1t0t09yo1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omtrgboY6B1t0t09yo1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x720px
And here's the Title Card of Orb
>>
Is this show still any good? I got pissed off and stopped watching when they made the Lich a baby.
>>
>>91294328
Yes. Seasons 7 and 8 are great.
>>
>>91294354
okay then, Im going to try and catch up.
>>
>>91294252
>unlock one of Ooo’s greatest secrets.
Hm, intriguing.
>>
>>91294328
It was never good. Finn gets cucked by a grass version of himself.

Don't believe this: >>91294354
>>
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>91294593
>>
>>91294593
Dude, if you haven't watched it you have no place commenting here.
>>
>>91294328
Meh, about the same as when you left. If you're one of those fags who cries "filler" any time the plot doesn't progress the way you want you might be happy, but personally I find the pacing schizophrenic and not all that interrelated. It feels like they thought of a dozen different ways to end the series and are doing them all one after the other.
>>
>>91294612
Not that anon but Season 7 was pretty bad. The only good part of Season 8 so far was Islands.
>>
>>91294252
>unlikely allies
haven't all the recurring villains already been permenantly dealt with or otherwise converted to Finn's side by this point?
>>
>>91294736
Watch the opening
>>
>>91294722
>Not that anon but Season 7 was pretty bad
I just don't understand this opinion. What is wrong with s7? It's my favourite out of all of them.
>>
>>91294620
>muh safespace
>being this buttmad that AT is still the cuck cartoon
>>
>>91294764
Except its not.
>>
>>91294764
I'm willing to hear what someone has to say.
>>
>Show is renewed
>Becomes shit
>Show is cancelled
>Suddenly amazing again

I love it when this happens.
>>
>>91294759
>I just don't understand this opinion
Then you may be autistic
I know this may be hard for you to grasp, but not everyone thinks every episode of AT is an automatic 10/10
>>
>>91294824
They aren't wasting episodes on experimental shit and are wrapping up most of the mysteries of the show.
>>
>>91294837
Neither do I. But season 7 was pretty damn consistently good. Any specific parts you didn't like?
>>
>>91294869
I can't 7 apart from 8 but Meemow growing big and returning to do absolutely nothing. +10 episodes of worst girl. Can't remember much else
>>
>>91294869
Naw it wasn't.
The only decent parts of season 7 was Stakes and maybe Preboot, but only because it was setting up Islands.

Everything else was pretty forgettable or just not fun to watch.

As for Season 8, Islands was great, but then after that Horse and Ball leaked and it was just so boring. I stopped watching it like 3 minutes in.
>>
Honnestly im gonna watch it for ice king and betty.
They better not fuck this up.
>>
>>91295000
The show is coming to an end. there is a good chance Ice King and Betty will get their happy ending in the upcoming episodes.
>>
>>91294984
>+10 episodes of worst girl.
Who now?

>>91294994
Flute Spell? Crossover? Hall of Egress? Normal Man? Varmints? Don't Look?

We're just going to have to disagree on this one.
>>
>>91295040
I think he means Susan, but I don't think she's worst girl.
>>
>>91295040
Cool, idc.
I still think season 7 was pretty bad over all. Try not to lose sleep over it
>>
>>91295076
I won't. It is interesting hearing different opinions though.
>>
>>91294252
Looks fun.
Seems they're tackling the whole elemental shit in this go.

What will be left after that though? Sky Witch is off living it up with Psychic Tandem War Elephant, Betty will probably get some closure this arc, and Martin ain't coming back.

Where does Adventure Time go for that last season they got after Elements?
>>
>>91295104
Well by your posts, you sounded genuinely confused and upset at the fact that someone did not like most of S7
But it's cool
>>
>>91295142
Confused? Yes. Upset? No.
>>
>>91294328
The Lich is coming back apparently, or so I've heard. 7 and 8 are great
>>
>>91295174
Who cares about the 5 people that disliked season 7 anyway.
>>
>>91294252
I kinda like how they're doing more coordinated stories sense the largely disconnected writing left too much freedom and had boarders doing whatever the hell they wanted whether it was good or bad. Like when we get an episode where a boarder projects his childhood sexual exploits onto a main character while another boarder goes out of his way to make the main character "humbled" (read as miserable) you have a serious problem. They should stick to rapid firing the miniseries. or bring back finnXpb. Either is fine with me.
>>
>>91295110
Maja is in a coma and might never wake up.
>>
>>91295174
You sound kind of upset man. Its not a big deal, some people just aren't amused at keys being dangled in front of their face.
>>
>>91295205
>bring back Finn x PB
Unlikely, Finn recognized that going after PB is a trail that leads to nowhere in "Braco." He gave up going after her in "Too Old" after he realized people are different. The fact that they don't put anything in the show to tease Fubblegum doesn't help either. I also feel that they are going somewhere with Bubbline
>>
>>91295040
None of those episodes are good. They're watchable. entertaining at best. But /none/ of them are actually good. Islands was the first good thing to come out of adventure time in years.
>>
>>91295209
I'm glad he's got a friend now, even though that's messed up.
>>
>>91295076
>S7 was pretty bad overall
Yes still wins Emmys and Annie Awards
>Crossover
>Hall of Egress
>Angel Face
>Preboot
>Don't Look
>Stakes
>Bun Bun
>Flute Spell
>Broke His Crown

All of these are fantastic episodes what is there to dislike?
>>
>>91295229
>I also feel that they are going somewhere with Bubbline
No shit. I wasn't implying this show was well written so of course she ends up with marceline while all the pre FP development goes down the drain. It's around that time that adventure time started going to shit so I feel that if they just sorta rolled back on all the trash we could reach quality again. Like I said I'll settle for them pumping out the miniseries but a man can dream.
>>
File: Stakes-TDC-115.png (868KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Stakes-TDC-115.png
868KB, 1366x768px
>>91294252
There better be lasting effects on Ooo after this. This late in the series, there shouldn't be any reason for a cheap return to the status quo with no consequences whatsoever.
>>
>>91295274
>Yes still wins Emmys and Annie Awards
to be fair, have you seen what it's up against?
>>
>>91295278
>FP developement goes down the brain
Bun Bun was great developement for Finn and FP what are you even talking about?

>2011+6
>still complaing about lesbians in muh cartoon
I think that two former close partners reconnecting again and becoming more close over time is a great example for good writing.
>>
>>91295294
WOY
Steven Universe
TLH

Not an argument
>>
>>91295218
I'm really not, but I am disappointed that you feel the need to be condescending rather than have a dialogue.
>>
>>91295281
Why would there be? Did you not watch Islands? Hell, this is a DIRECT CONTINUATION from Islands.
>>
>>91295274
Okay your point?

Call of Duty wins all kinds of Video game Awards but would you call those fantastic games?

Disney movies always win animation awards but would you say they deserved them?

And besides, its not like AT has a lot of competition to go against.
>>
>>91295300
>Bun Bun was great developement for Finn and FP
It didn't role back the trash that was frost & fire and simply established that Finn realized how badly written he was and is sorry.

>still complaing about lesbians in muh cartoon
I'm not upset about this. I'm upset about how forced it is. It went from implied lesbians (this was fine, and if written well It'd have my full support but nopw), to suddenly lesbians, to OMG ALWAYS IN LOVE and now whenever both characters are on screen it's repulsive . honestly wish Sugar would've done the deed before she left as the people on the team can barely write single episodes much less actual relationships.

>I think that two former close partners reconnecting again and becoming great example for good writing.
I'd think so to if half of that wasn't tiptoeing around the fact that they were lesbians or at least bi because executives and not actually knowing what they do with it's characters. When it actually retcons things (I can take Marceline being removed from the love interest list but PB not being interested in Finn at all is tantamount to character assassination.). You don't know what good writing is. makes sense since you consume this garbage on average. This Show's at it's best when it's coordinated so the writers don't cannibalize each other which led to the show being shit in the first place, and that only happens in these miniseries.
>>
>>91295359
I already explained to you why I didn't really care for season 7 but you just can't handle it I guess.

Like I said before, don't lose sleep over it friend. Everything will be okay. Cheers
>>
>>91295315
Yours isn't exactly one either. Something winning awards doesn't mean its objectively amazing.
>>
>>91295315
>WOY
Not pretentious enough
>Steven Universe
Has been in a slump since the cluster anti-climax. low rising action and filler only, which is boring.
>TLH
Not pretentious enough
>>
>>91295494
You are quite good at this. Here's your final (You).
>>
>>91295478
>Comparing IGN awards to Emmys and Annie awards.
>"And besides, its not like AT has a lot of competition..."
>Voltron Legendary Defender Wonder over yonder & TMNT was also nominated.
Anon's point is still valid.
>>
>>91295482
Bun Bun restablished their friendship and the two hung out having a great time. FP also came to the concert in The Music Hole to cheer up Finn.

>lesbians are forced
There has yet to be any actual romance and it's still implied.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You're just rambling without any support for your argument
>>
>>91296039
>Bun Bun reestablished their friendship and the two hung out having a great time. but who cares? that doesn't undo the fact that purely bad writing ruined their relationship before it could go anywhere and now FP as a character is entirely pointless. She's about as relevant as any other "friend". That's why this shit show needs to stick to coordinated plots. They're terrible at writing and this show has been shit for it.

>lesbians are forced
Never said lesbians are forced, don't try to lump well written lesbian characters in with your trash to make it more palatable. MarcelineXpb is forced. Textbook example of poorly written relationship with the lesbianism only exacerbating the wound since they're only together in the first place is just to be lesbians.

>You're just rambling without any support for your argument
>Retconned characters
>not forced
>The world conforms to it despite still just being implications.
>not forced
>The Lesbian subplot was never well written in the first place yet still persisted without getting any better written.
>not forced
>Literally all chemistry between the characters stem from the implied lesbianism.
>not forced
Yeah okay buddy you're in denial. Adventure Time at it's very core has been flawed sense the post FP era began. The drop in viewership and the significant shrinking of the fandom should be evidence enough of that (That shared CC panel with SU was actually sad). If you like it that's fine. I like bad shows sometimes too. But trying to say it's good is another issue.
>>
>>91295605
Not really since his point was that just because it got some meaningless awards means that it was an objectively good season.

If it was, then it would have brought back the millions of fans that abandoned ship around season 5.
Check and mate.
>>
>>91296348
Yeah just call something bad writing and it just is. I see no reasons for why bubbline is bad, only you calling it. How is it forced? Define forced.
>>
>>91296375
Non-sequitur
>>
>>91296348
The drop in ratings is a CN thing, not an AT one
>>
>>91296348
based fubblefriend putting the lesbofags in their place

I still liked S7 and 8 though
>>
>>91296494
Literally listed why it was forced. You're literally in denial. It's forced because it's both poorly written and poorly executed in nearly every endeavor yet it still persists and reshapes the series to conform to it. Remember when both PB and Marceline were love interests? GONE cause lesbians. Remember when PB had genuine interest in Finn but couldn't because too old/muh duty? GONE CAUSE LESBIANS. Remember when PB was the rational one? GONE BECAUSE LESBIANS (this being the worst offense). well gee golly this lesbian subplot is really prevalent, how far has it come sense it was first implied?
>well marceline are friendly but sometimes catty cause lesbians...maybe *wink*.
SO IT WENT NOWHERE! SURE WORTH ALL THE DEVELOPMENTS WE LOST HUH!? It's the text book definition of forced.

>>91296533
The significant drop of the Fandom isn't.

>>91296733
Nothing wrong with liking it. I don't even think they were outright bad from what I saw. Just not outright good either. But compared to what we were getting before it's amazing.
>>
>>91296784
>reshapes the series to conform to it
How so? The story works fine with bubbline there are no inconsistencies

What you're failing to answer is what makes bubbline poorly written? You're just saying it sucks without any reason why. That's not a very strong argument. Bubbline didn't just come in out of nowhere, there was a slow progression to where we are now. WWM revealed there was bad blood, and this was conceived from Adam Muto and Rebecca Sugar. This works perfectly fine because prior to this we never really saw PB and Marcy interact. So there is nothing wrong with introducing the concept that they once had a past relationship, irrelevant what type of.

>remember when PB and Marcy were love interest
We have yet to see any actual romance, but in the event that it does come eventually would be a non-issue as they are very close.

>remember when PB had genuine interest in Finn
Yes in 2011 when she was 13, and no that wasn't gone because of bubbline thay was gone because status quo. WWM hadn't even aired yet, and any signs that PB might be interested in Marcy hadn't came about until season 7.

>remember when PB was the rational one
She never was rational and cool headed if that's what you're getting at. And even with Bubblin she still maintains the science aspect of herself in season 8 evidenced by Jelly Beans Have Power and The Invitation.

>is the textbook definition of forced
>anon has yet to provide a defintion to work with
What CD was lost? Varmints, Stakes, and Broke His Crown show character developement between the duo becoming more close over time.
>>
>>91296784
Adventure Time becoming less popular is an inevitability, more shows will come out and people lose interest in things over time regardless of the show's quality.
>>
>>91296733
>confirmation bias
Telling someone they're right does nothing, explain why they are.
>>
>>91295504
Because it can't be? That's literally impossible.

>>91295508
(You)
>>
>>91294252
Treefort looks neat
>>
>>91297421
Precisely.
>>
>>91294764
You are the one demanding a safespace here, bucko
>>
>>91295110
Hopefully they just wrap up the rest of the plot points they haven't finished and give characters closure, that's all they really need to do. The end doesn't have to be some grand epic adventure.

Though Lich is still in Sweet P, it would be weird if they just let him stay in there forever.
>>
>>91297347

>We have yet to see any actual romance, but in the event that it does come eventually would be a non-issue as they are very close.
Love interests for Finn dipsticks. We used to get moments like Finn seeing marceline naked, or actual romantic tension between PB and Finn. Not anymore, they aren't even okay with finn casually having his arms around their shoulders despite both being willing to kiss him in the past. CAUSE LESBIANS! it literally directly conflicts with their past character! HOW IS THAT NOT FORCED?

>and any signs that PB might be interested in Marcy hadn't came about until season 7.
PB had shown interest in Finn and genuine romantic tension up until slumber party war episode. When suddenly even the idea that there may be something between the two dropped off the face of the earth and suddenly Finn doesn't even see PB as a girl anymore. It's almost like....PB's interest in Finn......Had been retconned. CAUSE LESBIANS. literal sudden, or forced, retcons to characters CAUSE LESBIANS. HOW IS THAT NOT FORCED!?

>She never was rational and cool headed
Yes she was. even in WWM she was the more level headed of the two. and now she can't even be rational around marceline CAUSE LESBIANS.

>anon has yet to provide a defintion to work with
>anon does not know how to read
"It's forced because it's both poorly written and poorly executed in nearly every endeavor yet it still persists and reshapes the series to conform to it"
It's poorly written because it makes the two characters OOC for it to work (PB stops being level headed, Marcy goes from having baggage to just sorta being a cunt cause she's a lesbian denied her bubblepussy.). It brings nothing to the table but the fact that the characters are lesbians making it similar to Korrasami in that it obligatory Lesbians to have Lesbians then a well written relationship with chemistry between the characters (like every relationship in korra).

Your only argument for it not being forced is "it's not forced"
>>
>>91297386
No. There's a such thing as a fandom declining over time, but when like 3/4ths of your fandom drops off the face of the earth it's telling of a significant drop in quality. They're not getting what they came for so they left.
>>
File: tumblr_onfrreIvqX1rivldjo1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x724px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onfrreIvqX1rivldjo1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x724px
Ignoring the discussion, Adventure Time turns seven today.
>>
>>91298241
Dude, not even the guy you replied to but PB has never shown any romantic interest towards Finn except when she was 13.
And honestly they're not compatible at all.

As for bubbline, not like it's canon but I think some writers just like the ship. There's not a hidden agenda behind everything.
>>
>>91301034
blow it out yer ass bubblinefag
>>
>>91301335
It's the truth.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.