[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 18

File: 1405772776162.jpg (200KB, 482x634px) Image search: [Google]
1405772776162.jpg
200KB, 482x634px
So Transformers: The Last Knight's cinemacon footage just released to the masses.

Megatron shares a sad moment with Starscream's remains
>>
Link?
>>
>>91287111
No one leaked an actual footage video but I'll post the descriptions of what we got...
>>
File: imax.jpg (288KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
imax.jpg
288KB, 1000x1000px
The Opening
>The first scene was the actual opening of the movie. It starts with the familiar Paramount logo and then giant fireballs launching over it. What ensues is a tremendous battle of medieval warriors battling it out. We quickly learn that King Arthur's forces were being overwhelmed and Merlin has gone for help. Interestingly parts of King Arthur's armor seemed to move and glow, suggesting the Knights of the Round Table had armor enhanced with Cybertronian technology. We are quickly introduced to Merlin (in a rather comical fashion) before seeing him arrive at what appears to be a Cybertronian ship that crashed ages ago.

>Cut to Merlin riding back to the battle, this time with Dragonstorm! This scene was a powerful and visceral way to begin the movie. The battle scene involved hundreds of actors and stuntmen filming over three days and all the hard work shows on screen. It was also fascinating to see that Transformers and humans worked together in the distant past. I am also glad this scene did not repeat the live action movie trope of having Optimus Prime do a voice over. It felt more fresh and new that way.

Added description:
-Merlin finds a ship reminiscent of the G1 Ark.
>>
File: 4Gfcz.jpg (239KB, 698x800px) Image search: [Google]
4Gfcz.jpg
239KB, 698x800px
>>91287184
The Junkyard
>At a junkyard Cade is seen chastising Grimlock as Izabella and Sqweeks watch amused. Grimlock apparently loves chewing on cars (or eating them). Cade tells him to spit it out and eventually he does, and looks a bit sick in the process. Cade talks to him like a child, telling him to think about what he has done. There is also a quick line Cade says about being "guests" at the junkyard.

>Though a good portion of this sequence has already appeared in trailers it was nice to see it put together as a complete sequence instead of just a tiny clip. For some fans seeing Grimlock going from the fierce warrior in "Age of Extinction" to having a "comedy scene" may seem odd, but in an unexpected way this parallels what happened with Generation One Grimlock. In the TV show he was often portrayed as a rebellious, powerful warrior. Then later in the 1986 film the writers added a comedic element to the character, down to him asking Kup to tell him stories like a child. So long as they keep his fierceness and ability to battle I have no problem with it.

**Added descriptions:
-Slug and Grimlock were seen fighting the humans as opposed to other footage showing Grimlock alone
-Baby dinobot t-rex coughed up some fire
-Megatron lifts up what's left of Starscream's head and does that C3P0 thing with Darth Vader
-Barricade was present
-Unfinished CG
>>
File: bL0IY4N.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bL0IY4N.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>91287240
Assault
>In this sequence we see the TRF gearing up to capture a target. From all appearances, their target is Cade! Among those leading this group is Lennox. Next we see a dramatic sequence where military vehicles drive along a highway only to be attacked by Grimlock and Slug! The Dinobots make quick work of the vehicles, tossing them into the air and knocking them aside. It was a really dramatic sequence and reminded everyone that the Dinobots represent incredible power. I will also say for such a dramatic sequence the camera was surprisingly still compared to previous films. There is one great shot of Slug from roughly a human's level that was amazing to behold and will look amazing on an IMAX screen.
>>
File: oAy5Hyo.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oAy5Hyo.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>>91287270
Cogman
>What appears to be a bowling alley, Cade meets Cogman. This human sized Transformer is not part of Bumblebee's group but rather has been sent to bring Cade to...someone. When Crosshairs tries to step in to help Cade, Cogman manages to beat the shit out of him. He may be human sized, but he seems just as powerful as the larger Autobots. He then tells Cade that he has a destiny and that he must leave his friends to protect them. In a key scene, he hands Cade a metal symbol like the ones on the armor King Arthur and the Knights were wearing in the opening sequence. It moves up Cade's arm and Cogman tells him it will not leave him. What this means remains to be seen. Cade realizes that Cogman is right and tells Izabella that she will be taken care of because she is family (this scene is in the trailer). Cogman then takes Cade for a ride in an old style bomber plane, complete with propellers and silver chrome exterior.

**Added descriptions
-There were false reports that Cogman killed Crosshairs when in truth he was bodyslammed to the ground with broken fingers.
-Drift was not seen here or anywhere else
-Hound was kept under wraps because Bay wanted to show off Hound with John Goodman's voice, feeling that "he wanted to show his Hound perfectly" and Goodman had a heavy schedule these times.
>>
>>91287323
Sir Edmound Burton
>At a gigantic castle we meet Sir Edmound Burton (played by Anthony Hopkins) is walking his dog (played by Freya the world's "loneliest" dog). Cogman, Bumblebee and Cade walk towards the castle when a seemingly inactive World War One tank fires a blast at them. Burton tells the tank to hold off and it transforms! While the character is not named, he looks like a chunky Transformer wearing a military hat with a monocle on one eye! This is a very "retro" design, like something that you would see in an alt-history Transformers story. Burton explains the tank is old and still thinks its in World War One but he calms down. Soon a sports car comes roaring down the path transforming and ejecting a woman. The robot is Hot Rod who looks apologetic about ejecting his passenger.

>Later, inside the castle it is revealed the woman brought to the castle by Hot Rod is Viviane Wembly (played by Laura Haddock). She and Sir Burton have history (I think she is his daughter but the different last names are throwing me off). Cade and Viviane do not get along at first, leading to Cogman attacking Cade to "protect" her. Sir Burton stops him and then begins to tell a story. The story incorporates some of Anthony Hopkins' narration from an earlier trailer.

>Flashing back again to the time of King Arthur, we learn that the Knights of the Round Table were each backed up by a Cybertronian Knight. Dramatic images play of the human and Cybertronian Knights joining swords in a circle. Sir Burton tells us they were a force of good and justice even back then. The Cybertronian Knights all looked like stylized medieval knights, with armor that was reminiscent of the way the Dinobots looked in the last movie in robot form, but with more smooth parts and less jagged points.

**Added description:
-He confirmed in Cinemacon that he was indeed, a Witwicky.
-Hot Rod was spotted in a flashback fighting Nazis in a different alt mode.
>>
>>91287383
Underwater
>Cade and Vivian are in what appears to be an old World War Two submarine. They are being followed by two modern submersibles with Lennox and his crew. The subs are all approaching a gigantic Cybertronian structure underwater. Cade and Vivian are able to get in through a giant hatch, but it closes behind them causing Lennox and crew to have to find a different way in. This scene was quick but gave a good sense of the scope of the visuals and story. Also, this scene gave us a quick peek at a control room where General Morshower was on hand to give orders!

Battleground
>In what looks like it could be a part of the final battle sequence in the movie, a group of TRF Ospreys crash land near giant chunks of land crashing into what look like parts of Cybertron. The two appear to be merging and there is definitely a sense of tension throughout the scene. The scene also shows the Autobots on their own vehicles flying into the scene alongside Dragonstorm! The scene had a lot of quick cuts so the exact story context was not quite there, but it should prove interesting seeing how all these warriors come together for this final battle.

**Added descriptions:
-Cinemacon footage showed Optimus Prime having a solo scene with Quintessa
-Hot Rod was silent in some countries while he spoke in others. Heavy french accent, think of Mirage when he was being italian.
>>
>>91287468
>Once the lights came up, Bay actually asked us all for our feedback on what we had just seen. Apparently the clips we saw were a reel put together for theater companies to see and he wanted to represent the film as best as he could given footage that is available now. He took the feedback well and confessed that much of what we were saying reflected his own thoughts. One non-spoiler suggestion was to include more moments with the Decepticons in the reel (in contrast, there was plenty of Autobot representation). When asked about how long he has to finish the film, Bay told us that movies have been known to come as close to two weeks before the release day of a film. He told us "Age of Extinction" came very close to its deadline due in part to the complexity of some of the special effects.

>First soundtrack to be released for the movie
https://soundcloud.com/laszloven/transformers-5-soundtrack-by-steve-jablonsky

**Added descriptions
-Bee is to Cade while Hot Rod is to Laura Haddock's character. Both human characters loathe each other.
-There were tons of continuity references but they weren't listed in complete detail.
>>
File: 1488764595805.jpg (6KB, 361x260px) Image search: [Google]
1488764595805.jpg
6KB, 361x260px
>>91287240
>Megatron lifts up what's left of Starscream's head and does that C3P0 thing with Darth Vader
>though all interactions between the two in all movies were either megatron snarling at starscream or beating the ever loving shit out of him
Does this mean he's regretting the shit he's done?
we /autobotmegatron/ now?
>>
File: Sacrifice.png (2MB, 1988x1712px) Image search: [Google]
Sacrifice.png
2MB, 1988x1712px
So is she gonna be in a Springer-tier comatose?
>>
>>91287711
It's obvious. Megatron is a trundere.
>>
File: foreplay.webm (3MB, 900x364px) Image search: [Google]
foreplay.webm
3MB, 900x364px
>>91287711
is there an opposite for Stockholm syndrome?
>>
File: 1489589893178.png (250KB, 412x511px) Image search: [Google]
1489589893178.png
250KB, 412x511px
>>91287819
>It's not like I liked having you around...
>But I wish I had killed you myself

>b-baka...
>>
Sounds like the robots will get alot of screentime and character scenes.

Groovy.
>>
>>91287846
Where is that clip from?
>>
>>91288041

RotF.
>>
>>91288108
I was asking because the animation doesn't look quite as good as the normal stuff, that looks almost like it was from one of the games. Was there a noticeable difference in animation quality for rotf? I can't remember much of it.
>>
File: Family Sitcom.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Family Sitcom.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>91288281
It's actually because it's in a smaller scale. It gives the illusion that it's in 60 fps and thus more noticeable.

The animation quality was worse in AoE given that Bay literally had up to two weeks before the movie's international release for polish. ROTF had nearly the same due to the writer's strike but it's not as bad.
>>
>>91288395
That's interesting, I had no idea.
>>
File: 1434837769089.jpg (203KB, 500x725px) Image search: [Google]
1434837769089.jpg
203KB, 500x725px
>>91287777
>Windblade
>character hiatus

pick one.
>>
File: Seekers.jpg (302KB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Seekers.jpg
302KB, 1500x750px
>>91287084
We ARMADA now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwJ3cWQsOrw
Best Screamer
>>
File: 1425077452653.png (77KB, 268x272px) Image search: [Google]
1425077452653.png
77KB, 268x272px
>>91289192
But anon that's not Prime Starscream
>>
File: Daddytron.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Daddytron.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
Remembering Starscream~
>>
File: Nisemonogatari toothbrush.png (597KB, 731x831px) Image search: [Google]
Nisemonogatari toothbrush.png
597KB, 731x831px
>>
File: doubts.jpg (230KB, 784x367px) Image search: [Google]
doubts.jpg
230KB, 784x367px
>>
File: 1374334699624.jpg (478KB, 1057x649px) Image search: [Google]
1374334699624.jpg
478KB, 1057x649px
>>
Look. I'm not saying that the Functionist Council has accidentally created Unicron, I'm just saying that they've turned Luna 1 into a giant, free-roaming planetoid that devours everything in its wake and now they're messing with Vector Sigma, which can create sparks, which could in theory grant life to a planetoid-sized body that currently contains a massive amount of Sentio Metallico.

Also, Furman's "no Unicron" rule technically only applies to the main IDW-verse.

I'm just saying.
>>
>>91291831
Are they really trying to move Unicron away from IDWverse?
>>
>>91291870
The "no Unicron" rule was established way back in Infiltration. I think James Roberts might have found a way to skirt around it, by doing a parallel universe story.
>>
>>91291831
>>91291914
Pretty easy to make up a new planet eater. I think they'll just save Unicron for the IDW finale since a Beast Wars continuity is out of the question because they established the Beast Wars world as a colony.
>>
>>91287111
10 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqxEUs2F84E
>>
>>91292316
Fucking Crosshairs
>>
>>91291914
There was also a "no Primus" rule, and Roberts just straight up put Primus in the main universe.
I don't think anyone really cares about Furman's autistic demands.
>>
File: Trenchy.jpg (104KB, 500x536px) Image search: [Google]
Trenchy.jpg
104KB, 500x536px
>>91292316
rekt
>>
>>91292921
Is Furman writing nowadays anyway?
>>
>>91292316
Sadly no scene of Megatron cradling that head.
>>
>>91293150
Aw Yeah.
>>
>>91292921
>>91291914
>>91291870
>>91291831
Why did Furman decide that there shall be no Unicron in the IDWverse?
>>
>>91293667
I don't think he's a fan of Unicron.

I think it was the same reasoning behind why we didn't get Spike Witwicky until after Furman left.
>>
>>91293808
>I don't think he's a fan of Unicron.
Are you fucking serious? Furman loves Unicron. He was the one who came up with the whole Primus/Unicron creation myth, and brought him into the movieverse comics.
He just didn't want to retread old ground with IDW. That's why he killed off Nightbeat, f'rex.
>>
>>91293922
>think
being the operative word, here.
I have no fucking clue why he didn't want Unicron in IDW, so I made a guess.
>>
>>91287383
>He confirmed in Cinemacon that he was indeed, a Witwicky

Who is a Witwicky? Cade?
>>
>>91294064
Anthony Hopkin's character.

I'd like it too if Cade were a distant cousin.
>>
>>91291738
cute
>>
>>91293667
At the time, Unicron was being severely overused. We had the Unicron trilogy, the Dreamwave comics, Universe, the club issues and it was just too much.
>>
>>91294706
Unicron just seems to be Mr. Endgame.
>>
>>91295649

Personally, I like it. Helps build up a mystique to it, especially with all the subtle references (typically by Cyclonus).

>>91291831

Could be interesting, but we do know that there have been hints of Unicron existing long before this point in time in the MU. As mentioned, Cyclonus has hinted toward his existence.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.