[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steven Universe's bad airtime explained.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 36

File: UltraRedudant.png (143KB, 695x564px) Image search: [Google]
UltraRedudant.png
143KB, 695x564px
I work in CN's IT department (you dont have to believe me), and I work on CN app layout design along with three others (as a subgroup). I have nothing to do with CN's scheduling and what it works out with Time Warner, but I asked my manager about the odd scheduling and this is what I was told:

Steven Universe is a lore heavy show (or "storydriven" as my boss put it) and therefore lacks "replay value". The network intentionally airs little SU because it's already seen the future seasons of the show and management has already pre-determined which episodes will get high ratings and which ones won't. The townie episodes as of late contribute to the overall story minimally, but don't make sense without prior viewing of previous episodes and understanding of the overall plot. SU's target demographic (10-13) along with the network's (5-13) largely wouldn't be able to comprehend episodes that are townies, boring and connected to the plot. (CN knew this for a while, this is why anime was regulated to Toonami on Saturdays) Therefore, CN airs these usually once a week, without any orders to us (IT, specifically the graphic designer division or the employee who runs the twitter account (he's an SU fan)) to do promos.

However, the network does plan (and did with the Space Arc and New Crystal Gems) to air many promos and online ads targeting SU's unintended older draw (you) to watch on TV or the App as part of their online launch. (Yes, they're looking into live-streaming as well).

So that's the deal. Teen Titans Go and Gumball take up like 50% and 35% of the schedule respectively, because those shows make stand-alone episodes that are enthralling for the demographic. SU's kind of in a snooze period with episodes that are uninteresting. When the cool episodes about lore come, CN stockpiles those eps. (bomb-format) with standard TV promos and usually Peridot twitter take overs.

TL;DR CN ISN'T TRYING TO KILL SU, IT JUST KNOWS WHEN GOOD EPISODES ARE COMING, JUST LIKE YOU.
>>
>>91285114
Then why don't the other shows with stand-alone episodes (WBB, Magiswords, Clarence) get much air time?
>>
>>91285166
TTG is action/comedy-oriented with better marketing and draws a larger demographic. Not sure about the first two, but Clarence was never viewed as a good show. SU's ratings are high, but only during bomb-lore eps.
>>
>>91285166
well clarence is actually done according to the upfront, so that explains that part. dunno about the rest
>>
>>91285114
This is actually believable
>>
>>91285360
yeah, seems odd that someone would fake up such a boring, straightforward explanation

not a very good way to get (you)s, are you sure you understand the purpose of this board, OP?
>>
>>91285114
Hey OP. Tell us when we're getting the next bomb
>>
Do you know exactly why all of CN's shows get burnt off in month long bombs and not get touched again until much much later?
>>
>>91285114
Okay, answer me this, OP.

The adult fans are lukewarm about townie eps because they're just filler and have less and less to do with the plot these days.

The kids, you're saying, don't understand or like the townie eps and the network knows this.

If that's true, why even make the fucking townie eps? If nobody's going to like them, they're rarely going to get replayed and the crew are wasting time and budget, why even produce them in the first place?

Just focus effort on the episodes with higher replay value, or do make some filler but make them stand-alone episodes with the main cast. Wouldn't that make more sense for everybody?
>>
File: 1488478843795.jpg (125KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
1488478843795.jpg
125KB, 637x476px
>They aren't being shown because they aren't episodic enough
Fair enough and I suppose that same logic can generally apply to AT and RS. So what's your excuse for the lack of We Bear Bears Uncle Grandpa, Clarence, Sonic Boom, My Knight and Me, Bunnicula, Be Cool Scooby Doo, Wabbit, PPG, and Justice League Action?
>>
File: 1491148984032.png (483KB, 1280x720px)
1491148984032.png
483KB, 1280x720px
>>91285257
>TTG is action/comedy
>TTG
>Action
>>
>>91285490
What OP posted only explains why one show doesn't get aired often. Not why most of their airtime is devoted to one show.
>>
>>91285446
I don't really know, but its soon, I'd say a month, likely a summer period. Again I don't run scheduling but my manager often drops notes about a month prior to change website banners or layouts, make designs, or tell multimedia department to cut up clips for promos and sometime we're selected to make text and on-tv banners for the promos.

I'm not really worried about being found out, cause the managers are older and don't lurk here. Though my co-workers (at least 1 I know) does.

>>91285414
If you want (you)s I can tell you why the Space Arc bombed leaked on accident. That was directly related to us.
>>
>>91285114
Why the fuck don't they air Adventure Time anymore though? I know it's on the way out and it's later episodes are more lore driven, but that doesn't mean you can't air earlier episodes.

I think CN is shooting themselves in the foot, the recent new episodes of Teen Titans Go and all the other programming is tanking so bad in ratings and I don't think overairing it will help that fact
>>
>>91285114
>We are purposely trying to undermine the airing time of one of our best rated episodes so we can create hype as nobody will remember it
And this shit only happens at CN US. Everywhere else in the world CN has a decent scheduling and is one of the most watched channels in cable

>to air many promos and online ads
That's why a non-townie episode like Room for Ruby had 0 ads before its airing

>the App as part of their online launch
That's fantastic. It has worked so well before, like the time when their app showed the entire string of 5 episodes a month before airing.
>>
>>91285464
>If that's true, why even make the fucking townie eps? If nobody's going to like them, they're rarely going to get replayed and the crew are wasting time and budget, why even produce them in the first place?
not OP but my guess is that the majority of the "Townie" episodes made after Season 2 were made before they realized that they were ratings poison

>>91285490
well for Sonic Boom and My Knight & Me it's probably because those are 3rd Party shows and CN hasn't been good in how it handles those for more than a decade, BCSD, Wabbit, and PPG are all failures ratings wise(with Wabbit being shunted off to Boomerang along with Bunnicula), and as for Justice League Action, well it's a WB Animation/DC collaboration it was doomed from the start since Cartoon Network hates both those companies and only associates with either because the higher ups at Time Warner force them too(while not caring enough to make sure CN treats them fairly)
>>
>>91285114
Regardless if this is true or not, people should have a general idea why CN schedules their cartoons the way they currently do.
>>
>>91285601
>If you want (you)s I can tell you why the Space Arc bombed leaked on accident. That was directly related to us.
Please, do tell
>>
File: 1485047919357.png (82KB, 448x704px) Image search: [Google]
1485047919357.png
82KB, 448x704px
>>91285653
I would love to hear this as well.
>>
>>91285490
>91285490
They don't get high ratings, nor does CN have anything (that I'm aware of) scheduled with them. First of all we need to address that SU is a girls-show with a higher aged demo that doesn't watch on premiere nights. So that's a factor itself.

Secondly, TTG and Gumball (i can attest the second) do really well with CN's 7-11 demographic. We Bear Bears is perceived as kinda low key (like the New Looney Toons show) and doesn't have much replay value outside of its premiere period. Uncle Grandpa and Clarence aren't on the line-up. Sonic Boom was never going to be good and If I recall, was part of a in-sync advertisement for new SEGA games. PPG doesn't do well.

Look there are three tiers:
-High ratings show w/ re-run value
-High ratings show w/o re-run value
-Movies
-Low rated shows.
If the show demonstrates that it can draw high ratings (pattern I see is usually higher than 900k nowadays but in general was +1.3 million) it advances to tiers 1 and 2, in which case if its like SU and its tier two, then the network sees zero interest in airing outside of peak episodes that have interesting stuff going on.

Daily Ratings with 5-13 year olds uber alles.
>>
>>91285580
Great. But the lack of airings of SU isn't the only problem with the schedule, it's that nothing is airing besides TTG, Gumball, and I guess Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.

Granted, this changed somewhat with WBB and the new Ben 10 to be aired but still doesn't justify all the fucking TTG being shoved in our face.

We get it, TTG is CN's precious golden baby. But running it to the ground isn't doing anyone any favors. Nick leaned the hard way that shit doesn't work and only now attempting to remedy it, the last thing I want is CN to repeat their mistakes.
>>
>>91285464
>If that's true, why even make the fucking townie eps?

Why, isn't it obvious friend anon?

Sugar has no fucking idea how to write a good story! If she only did the actual story episodes the entire show would be about 20 episodes long. Ergo, she and her staff of storyboard monkeys must churn out episode after tepid episode of pointless garbage to pad out each season.

To be fair, sometimes what they fart out is entertaining. It doesn't have anything to do with anything else, but still. You don't fucking tease an intergalactic smackdown for three fucking seasons. It's horseshit, and no amount of passable episodes makes up for that.
>>
>>91285114
Anon, can you answer why they're treating Justice League Action (and other DC Nation shows like YJ, GL:TAS, BtB) like utter garbage?
>>
>>91285490
Also I concede that CN's exec department isn't nearly as knowledgeable as they were in the past about shows. This is why legacy programming has been eliminated.

For some time, until about 2007, and Snyder was kinda the start (i wasnt there then, this is just what I was told my co-workers) there was kinda a nepotism thing going on, or a "i know this guy from prior TW programming" thing, so back then the execs understood the shows. Now, I get the feeling they just kinda view shows as 3rd party revenue potential and ratings. Plus the cable companies don't care about quality but want to fix CN (and TV in general) declining viewship by appealing to the LCD while getting ready for livestream launch.
>>
>>91285114
Who is your favorite gem OP?
>>
>>91285838
i've never disliked a SU episode. even the filler is entertaining. i like that i have to wait to really get to the good stuff with the series. a lot of good old anime did it and it makes the really good stuff that much more worth it. i don't think the intent was ever to make a concise, compact masterpiece. it was to make a fully fleshed out world, where parts of that world happened to have loads of crazy shit going on.

see: gravity falls. good, but not fleshed out, so it has a beautiful conciseness to it, but so many questions left unanswered. which is part of the beauty IMO, but nothing about that is inherently better than a slowly building series
>>
Despite skipping over Samurai Jack's new episode this past Saturday, why does it feel like Adult Swim has it's shit together better than CN?
>>
>>91285601
>If you want (you)s I can tell you why the Space Arc bombed leaked on accident. That was directly related to us.

OH BOY STORY TIME.
>>
>>91285621
>well it's a WB Animation/DC collaboration it was doomed
Don't you fucking dare open that old chestnut after years of "Our NEW favorite show" being exactly that.

>>91285756
>Ratings
Fair enough, but then you're stuck again with most the highest rated shows being the "story driven" ones.

I'm no expert on business, but I can recognize when when you can't have your cake and eat it too. UG and Clarence's rating aren't that bad, and could be given more airtime if the network really wanted.
>>
>>91285949
I wish Gravity Falls fleshed out its world and side characters better tbqh, the side characters in that show were more interesting than 90% of SU's side characters
>>
>>91285601
fine i'll give you a (you), but make it good
>>
>>91285838
>>91285464
Because, (and I wish I was a lot closer to SU's crew but they're out of LA and I'm not permitted to get any spoilers unless it pertains to web/app promos) the writers pitch a lot of boring episodes, that are kind of like slices of an overall story already written. They have a quota to fill and they don't want to fire all their ammo. Plus I think they are really dedicated to pushing the SoL episodes, predictably because townies will play a part in the upcoming bombs (I'm speculating largely, I'm not that close). Yes its clumsily written.

>>91285537
That's what they think.

>>91285613
Yeah the problem is that the execs and the programming scheduling crew have a chicken and the egg dispute. Execs and managers think TTG does well because its good. People responsible for broadcasting in the CN division (not time warner, I know two of them) think its because its aired a lot. They're looking for new talent that can replicate TTG.

There's a debate here between whether other shows ratings are bad because they're aired so few, or if they're aired so few because their ratings are bad. I have zero idea, I'm not in that planning office.
>>
File: 1452803631789.jpg (36KB, 462x299px) Image search: [Google]
1452803631789.jpg
36KB, 462x299px
>>91285601
>>
File: tmp_759-1474313246088-361009175.png (36KB, 121x145px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_759-1474313246088-361009175.png
36KB, 121x145px
>>91285257
But Mighty Magiswords is ALSO an action comedy that nets decent ratings and would probably do better if CN actually airs it. It makes no sense that the show has 3 different apps yet is almost never on.
>>
>>91285756
>Sonic Boom was never going to be good
Fuck you, the Boom cartoon is fucking hilarious.
>>
File: 1444697046977.png (79KB, 241x232px)
1444697046977.png
79KB, 241x232px
>>91285114
>When the cool episodes about lore come, CN stockpiles those eps. (bomb-format)

>It's absolutely fine to put 5 "cool" episodes in a row during a week, just to have radio silence on that show for months afterwards
>>
>CN isn't trying to kill SU

bumer
>>
File: 1488318330454.jpg (20KB, 176x259px)
1488318330454.jpg
20KB, 176x259px
>>91285854
The more you post the more I believe you're really part of CN, and how depressing that is.

Being out of touch but desperate to not be eclipsed by the so called "streaming generation" is exactly what it sounds like they're doing.

The best possible advice I can give if you can help it, is not to look at what Netflix is but what it has. Because I sure as hell would watch Voltron if it was CN daily. But it's a "story driven" series, so what do I know
>>
File: e36.jpg (206KB, 540x304px)
e36.jpg
206KB, 540x304px
So why aren't other shows like Clarence and WBB being shown? They aren't lore heavy at all and yet aren't seen at all.
>>
>>91285956
>>91285653
>>91285690
Well, it's not all that interesting. Basically it was part of the online launch and app launch (which as I've said, its really at its early stages, CN has been trying to tap (you) guys into an actual market rather than just ignoring you).

As I said, the network knew these space episodes were going to be a big deal so most of the IT department was set up to do an SU thing. Twitter take over, Banners, graphic designs, ect.

In my dept., we were planning on doing a synchronized episode release on the app. We want to reward those who got the app and promise them good broadcasting. Post Jan 30th (i think), each episode from Steven's Dream to the last one, was to air on a weekly basis. All eps were embedded into the app and we were ready to roll. Pretty basic. But this timely release thing was a new gimmick. I think the first ep. of the arc was to be activated (via timer) early, and then the proceeding episodes release with their corresponding timers.

Issue was, the timers weren't set until the first ep premiere, with the timer until Jan having not being initialized ( i think). The dept. isn't very large. So upon uploading, nobody checked to see, cause everyone thought it was fine. But then we found out that the episodes, all of them, were up on the app. Someone found out and quickly stopped it but it was way too late. I also was out on vacation when it happened.

It was pretty disappointing and we made it up with a make-up marathon. Since we knew the SU crew put work into those episodes.
>>
File: 5 dollars get outta here.png (1006KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
5 dollars get outta here.png
1006KB, 1280x960px
>>91285114
then explain why, up until a few months ago, CN was regularly airing SU blocks both during the week and on weekends like "Lapis' Lament" and "Jasper's Corruption" that grouped together story arcs to solve the very problem you claim the show created
>>
>>91285114
Any news/indication on how long the show will last? Like is SU likely to go past season 5 or 6 or end at 5?
>>
>>91286290
And they did very well in ratings
>>
File: 1485794673581.png (224KB, 850x1133px)
1485794673581.png
224KB, 850x1133px
>>91285955
Because they are.
For all AS shortcomings, it at least feels like they know their audience and try their best to capitalize on it.

No matter what anyone says, that fateful Toonami "prank" proved how much they understand and care about their audience and want to make sure they keep watching.
>>
>>91285114
Does anyone important to SU ever pay us any mind? Like do we influence anything about the show, or the way they choose to do things?

Also, do you have any remotely viable way of proving to us that you're from CN?
>>
>>91286290
I don't understand, the story arcs are usually what they air because they're the high-rating episodes. Even as reruns.
There hasn't been many lately, because they're storing up for a new bomb.
>>
>>91286290
>$5 for a slice of pizza

I thought steven universe took place in america not zimbabwe.
>>
Good episodes of Tumblr Universe don't exist.
>>
>>91286381
I don't work for SU so I wouldn't know.
>>91286381
I kinda wanna post my tag but I don't want my co-workers lurking and catching me. Take me at my word or leave it. What I can tell you is this: a bomb is coming for the summer. Also, SU isn't getting canceled. Its kinda obvious around here when a show is about to cancel, and SU is pretty ahead in its production.
>>
>>91286448
And I'm basing this off of upcoming promos that are noted, not because I know the scheduling or what the SU crew is doing. Everybody is in their own little departments.
>>
>>91286283

That makes sense when a new app comes out and you haven't tested all the bugs
>>
>>91286448
>a bomb is coming for the summer.
>Only 3 more months until a new episode

woopie
>>
>>91285955
Because it actually gives airtime to other stuff, to the point of having a classic block and an anime block.
>>
>>91285756
>>91286096
Sonic Boom was trending on twitter a couple weeks ago when the writers and voice actors did a live tweeting session during an airing of an episode. This was on Boomerang during a Saturday night.

It had potential. CN killed it from the get go by only airing it at 7 AM on Saturday before moving it to Boomerang. Sonic is actually surprisingly popular with younger children and the show is very easy to get into by watching any random episode.

Unless CN gets it shit together, the Mega Man cartoon coming out next year will likely have the same fate.
>>
>>91286523
Summer is already in 2 months
>>
>>91286448

So how can you tell when CN is going to cancel a show
>>
>>91286448
Any estimates of the show's shelf life at this point?
>>
>>91286523
He might mean the informal "summer season" which starts in May when schools let out.
>>
>>91286448
Post just a part of your tag!
>>
>>91285988
>Don't you fucking dare open that old chestnut after years of "Our NEW favorite show" being exactly that.
Teen Titans Go is an exception that proves the rule, only reason it's lasted so long is because it turned out to be both ratings and merchandising gold
>>
>>91285114
What's the digital marketing and social media doing in the IT department? That's some 2008 level shit. No wonder CN is failing.
>>
>>91286548
2 and a half
But yeah, its a healthy work in scheduling
>>
>>91286239
CN isn't headed for a collapse or anything, its just pressure to get up ratings amid TV decline. Shows are in the works to replacing shows that are retiring. Its pretty clear around here that 2007-2008 was by far the dark ages for the network, and when people started leaving who knew much about it. The rebrand came with a whole new crew and new ideas, but without much carry over. Snyder kinda started it, but he by himself wasn't bad. He had to deal with contemporary pressures from the cable company about the popularity at the time of live-action and reality-tv/survivor-style shows. Thats why TDI was imported and live-action programming aimed at slightly older children began.
>>
File: 1472367863444.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1472367863444.gif
140KB, 379x440px
I have another question

Do y'all get any info on rival shows or channels
Like we need to show this at this time
Or
We need to get the target demograph of this show
>>
>>91285114
The New Crystal Gems was a shit episode, so is Peridot in general.
>>
>>91286170
They wouldn't kill an investment like SU.
>>91286103
No I agree, I think what they're doing doesn't make sense, but that is just the logic behind it. Kinda blame the SU crew though for making episodes that can't stand alone. They're learning and transitioning but they're really not there yet.
>>
Is that why episodes like Last One Out Of Beach City are always aired instead of more plot heavy ones?
>>
If you're really from CN (I'm starting to believe you at this point) thank you for all the info, it's really eye opening and explains a lot of the shit CN has done these past couple of years.

Doesn't excuse it, but at least it explains it
>>
File: 1435543144371.jpg (5KB, 170x208px)
1435543144371.jpg
5KB, 170x208px
>>91286647
>Kinda blame the SU crew though for making episodes that can't stand alone

The SU crew was the one who said that they'll start doing episodes in "bomb" formats, as in 5 episodes with a common string, because CN said to them that it was the best for ratings.
>>
>>91286627
Peridot is undeniably marketable.
>>91286582
Correct. But also I don't know the specific schedules, cause its not IT's job.
>>91286557
Airtime gets really bad. Ratings are bad. The production has zero ideas and there's no promos. Nothing is coming up and rumors float that its dying. Especially when managers and administration stops talking about, people just guess.

But thats like any network.
>>91286542
Oh I'm sure it was a good show, it was just part of this whole marketing thing with the games. Plus 3d shows are difficult to make. Remember those mid 2000's city bumpers made by Animal Logic down in Australia? Where all the characters interacted? By far the best era. It only lasted for 2 years because the 3d was expensive, and those bumpers were made in a set. Then all following bumpers were just clips and altered pieces. By 2 years it was redundant and expensive, and CN dropped it for simplicity and has never returned.
>>
>>91286712
This, if you're not a regular /co/'s had threads for a couple of years now debating and trying to figure out what CN's doing. It's nice to see a bit of the logic behind it, from our perspective it's seemed like they've made nothing but irrational decisions.
>>
>>91286762
Yeah but even their filler episodes dont have good replay value. I don't know why the crew makes such uninteresting episodes inbetween good ones. They segregated the Crystal Gems, the Barn Gems and the townies a lot, and never integrate them.

I have zero idea how their production works but I don't get why nobody ever proposes an episode where Peridot, Steven and Pearl go to the store and talk to Lars or something. My biggest issue with the show.

Still love SU tho. And I can read the weather patterns...good eps are coming.
>>
>>91286787
>Airtime gets really bad. Ratings are bad. The production has zero ideas and there's no promos

So SU?
>>
>>91286609
So in a roundabout way it's all still Snyder's fault. Even after leaving his ghost still haunts us
>>
>>91286859
No, but ratings are alright, we don't know cause of the leak issue. (and by the way, that Space Arc was the only time it was really CN's fault for the leaks, most of the time is other international CN's airing early or cable providers or Time Warner, whatever).

We all know good eps. of SU are coming, so its not getting trashed any time soon.
>>
>>91286787
so is pearl and r/s because lesbians eat that shit up
>>
File: icravedeath.png (503KB, 1000x723px)
icravedeath.png
503KB, 1000x723px
yo OP can you tell someone that the way they air SU is pissing off the fans?
>>
>>91286906
>We all know good eps. of SU are coming,

But we don't. We're hoping that the coming episodes are good, just like we saw potential in this show before.
>>
>>91285114
>management has already pre-determined which episodes will get high ratings and which ones won't.

YOU MEAN THEY COULD TELL THAT ROCKNALDO WASN'T DESTINED TO GET 500 MILLION VIEWERS, COLOR ME SURPRISED.
>>
Hey OP, how often are you on 4chan? Do you browse /trash/ too? Do you meme like the rest of us? Do you just lurk around, only now braving up?
>>
>>91286906
>we don't know cause of the leak issue.
If you need THE cause, leaks happen via CN's servers, which is connected to Turner's servers.
>>
>>91286096
I think he means more that the network had zero hopes for it, rather than attack on the show's quality.

It'd explain why they decided to just shove it into Boomerang without a care.
>>
Here's a novel idea... Make a full season...then air that season.
>>
>>91286906
>we don't know cause of the leak issue.
Time warner posts images and episode previews for their shows a few days ahead of time on their servers. It's supposed to be hidden but you can do some pretty predicatble stuff with the URLs to get them. A person going by misseps online is the traditional leaker, but hypothetically anybody can get them if they know what they're doing.

Full episodes are leaked either by them or one Dingo, who gets them from some "internal source" that's dictated when they can be leaked.
>>
>>91286041
Wait, so let me get this straight:

>CN prefers standalone episodes, which is why TTG is everywhere
>But it also appreciates the hype and fandom that comes from shows with story-driven episdoes
>50% or more of SU's episodes are standalones, providing the best of both worlds
>But this is somehow bad

Why doesn't CN just rerun the townie episodes if they want to recycle standalones so badly? Don't tell me you need to know 100 episodes of lore to understand plots like "Pearl tries to be cool" or "Steven and Connie compete in street racing."

It sounds to me like CN doesn't know what it wants.
>>
>>91287078
While you guys are at it! Make ANOTHER full season during the airing of the already completed season so you're prepared
>>
>>91287086
>>91287009
>Trying to explain how episodes gets leaked to the guy working in IT who probably has the means to stop it

Not that he's LARPing or something
>>
>>91287155
I can fucking only hope the leaks get plugged up, hype ruiner
>>
Gotta go make dinner but I'm finishing up:
>>91285460
Because production can only make so many episodes. Stocking up means long wait periods, but its better than regular weekly airing for the network. SU bombs are like CN weekend movies that actually work. Hype them up, get everyone talking and blow.
>>91285955
Because Adult Swim is basically like a pirate channel that operates on the network and I love them for it. However, since they're like CN's kids, if they do something wrong, the parents get blamed (*cough* bomb scare).

>>91286324
I don't know. I predict it will last for a long time, but thats only because we know good things are coming and the network is renewing seasons.

>>91286586
Different divisions. Its not like a giant computer center, its just a few macbooks, pcs and ideas.

>>91286620
I don't get any info on rivals. The execs do and make decisions for us.

>>91286951
Probably because a good chunk of the fans are on tumblr and 4chan, not watching TV. I myself like to contribute but dont even own a TV. You'll get your bombs, dont worry.
>>
>>91287088
It also sounds like they don't actually know what's in the shows they are, considering they also think TTG is an action/comedy series
>>
>>91287088
Because Townie episodes don't do well. Older demographics hate them and younger demographics "don't get" them
>>
>>91285988
>>91286585
I recall hearing rumors that Cartoon Network gets full merchandising rights or doesn't have to pay DC to air it or something along those lines.
Granted I heard it here, but it would make sense.
>>
>>91287078
That's just crazy talk. Next thing you'll expect us to be airing the episodes in order. On a regular schedule, I'll wager.

You kids and your music.
>>
>>91287187
Really important question please answer this:
What're ya eating?
>>
>>91287088
A lot of the newer townie episodes are continuations of older ones, like the street racing based on Steven's hatred for Kevin or Tiger Philanthropist following up on Tiger Millionaire, combine that with the fact that the townie episodes generally get lower ratings than plot episodes then you can understand why CN doesn't want to air them.
>>
>>91287086
No, I meant "we dont know the cause" of the full episode leaks. Yes we know they put out previews and stuff, that's no surprise.

And contrary to what you may have heard, there's no "strategic leaks" or us trying to leak on purpose to put bait in the water.
>>
>>91287088
a lot of TTG episodes are legitimately more entertaining than shit like rocknaldo, I don't care who you are

only reason people say otherwise is because they feel like they have to treat cartoons like sports teams for some fucking reason and support their 'side' no matter what
>>
>>91287190
I'm pretty sure it's only 4chan that hates townie episodes, every SU fan I've met in person loves them.
>>
>>91287273
Read the second line then, it's confirmed there's some kind of insider leaking full episodes to a couple of known sources.
>>
>>91287244
A burger from Nations.
>>91286995
No, I and everyone else here lurks all the time. Many post and are probably the same anons criticizing right there along with you
>>
>>91286283
Does the network at least acknowledge that the leak fuckup was probably the reason that bomb got crappy ratings? I mean those episodes were all over the internet like three weeks before they aired.
>>
>>91287301
There's been a few YouTubers who complained about them, and I've seen a few tumblr people who actually hate Onion Gang (but most of them love it for some reason)
>>
>>91287187
>AS is CN's kid
That's an interesting way to look at it

I'll have to remember this
>>
>>91287311
Do you have a lewds folder?
>>
File: facts and opinions fat.jpg (44KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
facts and opinions fat.jpg
44KB, 407x405px
>>91287298
>a lot of TTG episodes are legitimately more entertaining than shit like rocknaldo, I don't care who you are
>>
>>91287361
Adult Swim is beloved and I really want to help out, but I like making money so....
Toonami was like a little AS in CN's main block.
>>
this was a very informative thread. thanks op for taking the risk of being found out.

>>91285854
>there was kinda a nepotism thing going on, or a "i know this guy from prior TW programming" thing, so back then the execs understood the shows.
huh. i'm not sure if that qualifies as nepotism, in any case is putting people who know they shit into the job, the opposite of it.

>>91286041
So it's all either a big build up or they are extending the show by adding inconsequential episode. Of course, they could just really like shitty slice of life.

>>91286283
nobody got fired over it?

>CN has been trying to tap (you) guys into an actual market rather than just ignoring you).

is the internet fandom / adult demo really a tapeable market? what would you get from streaming? ads?
>>
>>91287528
Manchildren and NEETS have a surprisingly high ceiling when it comes to what they'll spend on merchandise anon, it's a surprisingly lucrative market and one that Japan tapped into about 30 years ago.
>>
>>91286586
By different divisions I mean they're not in the same departments but they have overlay. Usually hopping from one to another. Web design knows graphic design but maintenance from IT doesn't talk with adverting, HR or anyone else.

Also social media is just like a couple interns.
>>
File: 0425152030-00.jpg (125KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0425152030-00.jpg
125KB, 1600x1200px
Fucking Warner's new CEO fucked over my boys behind Battle Party.

Except my nigga Brad, ya'll can't ever laid him off
>>
>>91286846
>I don't know why the crew makes such uninteresting episodes inbetween good ones.

my current assumption is that the whole team, sucrose included, consists of rookies.

the second one is taht they are all part of the same social bubble that has a lot of problems obsessing over certain social situations that when put on other contexts (ie slice of life like su eps) becomes completely uninteresting. they may know this but they still feel peer pressured to do them because they want to belong to that social bubble

>>91287432
eee I have mixed feelings about [as]. I'm still salty as fuck over their treatment of metalocalypse
>>
>Still no proof

baka desu senpai
>>
File: Best Gem.png (95KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Best Gem.png
95KB, 200x200px
Amethyst is the best gem.
>>
>>91285114
Can you reassure me that Peridot isn't an annoying memey TTG character now because CN coerced Rebecca into making her more marketable and entertaining for children and that the real reason she is shit is just a case of character flanderization because the SU crew's writers are incompetent?
>>
>>91287311
Hey miister intel guy
Can you tell us anything about jasper?Does CN see her as profitable?
>>
>>91285114
You guys would have to be incredibly blind to believe that someone that says they work for CN without evidence. That's like the kids who claims that their dad works at Nintendo and makes up shit.
>>
File: Wake Me Up.png (51KB, 194x150px) Image search: [Google]
Wake Me Up.png
51KB, 194x150px
>>91287849
I'm sorry anon, peridot is a meme, forever and ever. There is no being un-barn'd
>>
>>91287817
I don't exactly trust the guy, but you have to be a moron to not see that there is pattern that CN goes by.
I just find it funny that there are so many dumb fucks on this board that needed some anon to explain it to them.
>>
File: 1335834686992.gif (1MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1335834686992.gif
1MB, 280x210px
>>91285114
>SU's target demographic (10-13)
>>
>>91287190
then maybe they should stop making frickin townie episodes? I understand not everything can be DEEPEST LORE, obviously you need breaks in between, but the first half of the first season wasn't lore stuffs and it was still a perfectly fine watch for both demographics. I mean, I guess it had some like, minor background worldbuilding but it wasn't by any means the main focus of the episodes. Just put those in the Townies spots. Monster/artifact of the week, now with a slightly more responsible and competent and less annoying Steven. Or heck, even silly gem team interactions episodes like Back to the Barn.
>>
WHENS JASPER COMING BACK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>91287879
Well then don't believe what he says, and kindly ignore this thread. Or shitpost. Both are viable.
>>
>>91287894
Yes yes anon, I'm sure that you were so brilliant as to know everything that OP's talked about in this thread.
>>
>>91287913
This
If youre really from CN you should be able to tell us faker
>>
>>91285114
Man, I love it when people start LARPing on 4chan.
It's been at an all time high lately.
>>
File: 1485730811591s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px)
1485730811591s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>91287913
FUCKING JASKEKS GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1491190864183.jpg (120KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
1491190864183.jpg
120KB, 1300x957px
>>91287187
>I don't know. I predict it will last for a long time, but thats only because we know good things are coming and the network is renewing seasons

Depressed sigh…

In all seriousness thanks for the info you've been giving us if you are legit, it means a lot to a lot of us.
If you're not legit, still thanks for the discussion.
>>
>>91287894
What pattern? The "CN doesn't care about its shows unless they'll produce decent ratings so we can show them all day long"?
>>
File: efd.jpg (47KB, 403x392px)
efd.jpg
47KB, 403x392px
>>91287963
FUCK YOU CONNIEFAG YOU FUCKING PEDOPHILE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>91288007
MEET ME ON /soc/ JASKEK AND WE CAN SETTLE THIS LIKE RETARDS
>>
File: hehehe.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>>91288039
FUCK U PEDO
>>
>>91287913
Season 6
>>
File: 1485728434533s.jpg (3KB, 124x113px) Image search: [Google]
1485728434533s.jpg
3KB, 124x113px
>>91288064
AT LEAST MY WAIFU IS COMING BACK JASKEK
>>
File: kys.gif (167KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
kys.gif
167KB, 500x244px
>>91287913
>>91287963
>>91288007
>>91288064
Please stop
>>
File: 1487836872320.jpg (15KB, 324x212px) Image search: [Google]
1487836872320.jpg
15KB, 324x212px
>>91288107
IF THE OP WOULD FUCKING REPLY MAYBE WELL FIND OUT IF SHE IS COMING BACK

>>91288120
fuck you kek
>>
>Jascuck enters thread
>immediately turns to shit
>>
File: 1488474235022.png (151KB, 746x523px) Image search: [Google]
1488474235022.png
151KB, 746x523px
>>91288201
>>
File: IMG_2805.jpg (54KB, 576x521px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2805.jpg
54KB, 576x521px
>>91287187
>But I'm finishing up.

Fuck, I wanted to ask you why all were getting in terms of merchandise is Funko crap and Zag Toys bullshit. Were the results from AT's and RS's non-Funko toy line that bad for the company?

I want to get a good quality figure but I want to support the show, not some starving artist.
>>
>>91288158
>>91287913
>>91287945
OP says over and over that he works for CN and does programming work with the app, and yet you keep asking for shit onky the Crewniverse knows.

The greeter at CN's HQ doesnt know when Jasper is coming back
>>
>>91288201
i've been here for a couple of hours
>>
File: 4634634634.png (1MB, 1280x682px) Image search: [Google]
4634634634.png
1MB, 1280x682px
>>91288236
No shit, but maybe they've seen some future episodes or something. Fuck off nerd.
>>
>>91285114
By chance, OP. Does your name start with O? And do you wear a long jacket, cause if its you im laughin'.
>>
>>91288236
If he's gonna larp, he could put of a show.
>>
>>91288236
He could have seen jasper in the app.If shes ever gonna be worth something she has to be marketable.Rose amethyst garnet pearl lapis and peridot get marketed constantly.If jasper doesnt then shes dead,but if they have programmed promos for her shes alive
>>
>>91288293
Identify yourself pretentious anon.
>>
>>91287187
Where do you see CN in the next few years?
>>
>>91288355
>If shes ever gonna be worth something she has to be marketable.

There's a Funko figure of her, but I don't think you wanna see it.
>>
>>91285114
you needed this to be explained to you?
the vast majority of television is just re-runs, this why show producers favor shows with standalone episodes and little continuity so they can be replayed. TV used to be pretty much just sit-coms and detective shows since they were really easy to have stand alone, 1 situation per sit-com episode, 1 mystery per detective episode.

this whole DEEPEST LORE and continuity in modern cartoons started with adventure time where the writers played around with a back story by dropping little bits of lore. in the first season of AT though you can see they were told to just make it an average show with standalone episodes, there was very little lore drops in the first season. its only after they got renewed they started to really do lore and connected episodes.
>>
>>91285114
>hey guys my dad works at nintendo
>if you have any questions just give me a (you)
>>
>>91285114
This is some of the best bait I've seen.
>>
>>91285949
It doesn't help that humor isn't SU's strongest element so when it's not fleshing out the alieums it's not entertaining
>>
>>91285114
>>91285166
But that still doesn't explain why Regular Show's finale was so horrendously treated. Why did they marathon Teen Titans Go and then aired Shrek before the finale rather than marathoning Regular Show's best episodes or something?
>>
>>91287944
What I'm trying to say is that he is explaining the very obvious patterns in CN's scheduling and that he has to say a bunch of "my dad works at Nintendo" tier shit, just to get you morons to believe in what he is saying about the schedule. Every fucking day, you see people complaining about the shit schedule without actually looking into it and he decided to take advantage of this for an unknown reason. He either wants to explain why things are the way they are, or he is just looking for (you)'s.
I guarantee that you wouldn't take his word seriously if he said he was some random fucker from the board trying to put an explanation on the situation of CN. No, instead, he has to put on a guise to get your dumb-ass to pay attention.
>>91287991
CN pays fucking pays people to collect, interpret, and display the information of viewers so that they can maximize profit. Why do you think that they air the most important episodes in SU in the Bomb Format? Why do you think that your favorite CN show airs in the way it does? Why do you think that TTGO and Gumball airs all damn day. It's to make fucking money and if your cartoon can't do it, they'll throw it all the way in the back until they can figure out how they can get something out of it.
>>
>>91288545
What about Xiaolin Showdown? That cartoon action/comedy with a continuous story.
>>
Honestly if the problem is story, why don't they reserve a half hour slot each day or something. And two episodes would air from a while back but until the new episode comes on each day two episodes would play and so on but they will be in chronological order. If this is not explained good, just tell me I'll make a better example.
>>
>>91288774
Xiaolin Showdown was shown once a week on saturdays, like toonami this can allow people to follow a plot. I think WB later made an everyday kids bloc but I can't remember.
anyways xiaolin was a very simple concept to get, they fight jack for ownership of a mystical artifact every episode. they only had a few actual story arcs like ghost lady getting her body back.
now compare this with SU where the story goes all over the place, if you watch it out of order it becomes a mess, one episode they focusing on teh gem cluster next episode thier hunting the invader zim rip-off and then all of a sudden they are in space garden of eden. if SU remained like its first season where they hunt for a magical artifact every episode then it could work like xiaolin showdown.
>>
>>91288769
This is pretty correct. Ive said this numerous times before as a lurker and get dismissed. But i did ask around about the scheduling and this was the basic answer given from my manager.
>>
>>91288769
You do realize nobody cares right?
>>
File: use protection kids.jpg (39KB, 560x481px) Image search: [Google]
use protection kids.jpg
39KB, 560x481px
>>91287913
Anon, if you think Jasper is coming back any time soon enough for some kid working outside of the crewniverse to know then you are dumb.
>>
>>91285114
You have told us absolutely nothing that we didn't already know.
>>
>>91289745
You didn't read thoroughly enough (not him.)
>>
So to sum up the thread:
>tv is dying
>networks are panicking and flailing about like retards hoping to fix it
>meanwhile townie episodes are being cancer
>>
Cool
>>
>>91285114
>>91287187
Usually I'd say "and my dad works at Nintendo" but you sound pretty believable. Not like you mentioned anything really surprising but some specific background info was interesting to read. Thanks OP for sharing some insights and come back another time if you have more CN work floor stories to share with us.
>>
>>91292947
Yeah, it's usually easy to tell which people in these sorts of threads are faking and which aren't

Faker: I'VE SEEN EVERY EPISODE OF STEVEN UNIVERSE THAT'S IN PRODUCTION. GREG DIES AND PEARL IS ACTUALLY WHITE DIAMOND AND THEY HAVE A CROSSOVER WITH MY LITTLE PONY.

Legit: I can give you a small bit of info from my department but it's all pretty boring because in real life that's how this fucking works.
>>
>>91285114
I hope you guys realize that kids only watch TTG just so they can rip it apart and be like their heroes James Rolfe & Doug Walker because they hate it as much as we do.

Also, why are you guys not catching up with Voltron Legendary Defender? That show is only $90,000 a episode for the whole thing and with 4 times the budget you can get near feature quality animation matching up to the likes of Red Hot Riding Hood and The Great Piggy Bank Robbery, you don't need it to have it or need it be story driven as those shorts contains their whole plot in 7 minutes, just fix your quality issues and put Voltron Legendary Defender to shame and match it up with those 90s Spielberg toons, Disney's first 10 years on the TV market (Wuzzles to Gargoyles) and Batman:TAS, mainly their Japanese animated episode so please fire Korea and replace them with Japan, they cost the same amount of money now of days anyway and 99 times out of 100 bring out much better results, it's why those 90s Spielberg toons were so high quality.
>>
what do you mean they're looking into livestreaming, both cartoon network's website and app have a live stream of the channel with both eastern and pacific feeds
>>
>>91288545
No, it started with Avatar.
>>
>>91285114
Makes sense. But then it begs the question, why not just make a block on Saturdays to air all their plot driven stuff like they used to? They could air SU and any other plot driven shows in a small block right before Toonami comes on, and keep the majority of Saturday's daytime, afternoon, and evening slots to airing their episodic stuff.
>>
>>91286283
For what it's worth, get them on that online launch. The faster I don't need to rely on virus-riddled sites to get my views, the better.
>>
>>91294125
They took livestreaming off the app for no reason, it's only available on the website now.
>>
>>91286427
>tryhard posting
>>
>>91286283
>CN has been trying to tap (you) guys into an actual market rather than just ignoring you
Could've fooled me
>>
>>91285114
So it's blatantly obvious that CN is trying to make nuPPG the next Teen Titans Go and it appears to be failing. Is CN going to keep cranking out cash grab reboots or are they moving forward with original properties?
>>
>>91298248
They're going all out with OK KO.
It's getting a video game to go along with the TV show, with probably more than the road.
>>
File: IMG_8183.jpg (29KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8183.jpg
29KB, 235x235px
>>91298275
I'm ok with this
>>
>>91285114
This is bullshit because there's no fucking way they would take the time to actually watch the shows to decide which ones would get the best ratings.
>>
>>91289014
Fuck you
>>
>>91301370
Sensitive.
>>
>>91293451
Reminder.
>>
>>91298275
At least it looks promising ...
>>
>>91285114
>Steven Universe
Slit your throat you worthless cunt.
>>
>IT JUST KNOWS WHEN GOOD EPISODES ARE COMING, JUST LIKE YOU.
So, never.
>>
>>91300928
Yes they do. Thats why bombs exist. Screeners watch episodes and determine where to schedule them, especially for popular shows.
>>
Very interesting...
>>
>>91286407
You've never been to a resort beach town during a summer festival, have you...
>>
File: mad.png (359KB, 550x586px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
359KB, 550x586px
>>91285114
I wonder how manu of these issues would be resolved with a regular schedule. If Adventure Time and Steven Universe were just on at say 4:30 and 5:00 no matter what respectively then they would not have to see issues with viewers not grasping the long running story.

The constant rotating schedule seems to fuck things up more than anything else.
>>
>>91285166
I imagine Magiswords might become the next major slot filler show once there are enough episodes to throw around.It just needs a year or two to form up 50+ episodes and one or two more mobile games they can back up.
>>
File: jew.jpg (12KB, 208x243px)
jew.jpg
12KB, 208x243px
>>91285621
>well it's a WB Animation/DC collaboration it was doomed from the start since Cartoon Network hates both those companies and only associates with either because the higher ups at Time Warner force them too

CN historically does not like them because they actually have to pay out to air them. Time Warner is a goddamn nightmare for a major corporation since it is not so much a huge company that owns everything as much as it is more of a United Nations of smaller companies that all sort of compete with each other internally. Because of this Company-A (which is under the Time Warner umbrella) will actually have to pay royalties to use Company-B (which is also under the Time Warner umbrella) properties in any way. And this means Cartoon Network must pay DC to use DC properties on their network. This is fine if the show is a huge hit and makes a shitload of revenue and ratings. But if it cannot then it is dropped like a rock incredibly fast. Right now CN is on the fence about JLAction because they are unsure with the potential success level and having to pay to use it as opposed to more We Bear Bears or Gumball.

3rd party shows bring the same set of problems, so Sonic Boom costs money instead of makes money. It does not matter to anyone at CN if the show is good or not. They have a requirement from the higher up to show it and then pay for it at the same time.
>>
>>91285838
It looks pretty obvious that the storyboarders only really write individual episodes at a time. Meaning they sort of have an idea of the greater story but do not give it much attention or just never fleshed it out. So when they make an episode they are only really concentrating on that one individual episode without much of a care with how it will connect to what came before or what will come after. And it shows the storyboarders are not all on the same page with the characters, narrative, and destination of the story. This is where I think Rebecca is failing. She needs to have a much tighter grip on the whole project and make damn sure everyone on the team is 100% agreed and focused on every aspect of the show.

The damn art direction is not even consistent, much less the character development.
>>
>>91287528
>is the internet fandom / adult demo really a tapeable market? what would you get from streaming? ads?

Not...really, but it is also the fastest growing corner of the market right now. More people are streaming than watching cable channels. Plus it allows people who do not even have cable to be capable of viewing it so they see the potential to grab viewers they would not have gained before. They are just fumbling around in their attempt to cash in.

They know streaming is something they need to capture, but they are largely unsure as to how in a way that makes them the same kind of money they did when cable was king.
>>
>>91285838
>Sugar has no fucking idea how to write a good story!

Nah, I think she can write a story. Her problem is making sure everyone that works for her is also writing the same story at the same time. There seems to be a lot of chaos among the story boarders who all seem to want to do their own thing down to the individual looks of the main characters.

She is a decent writer but a terrible director
>>
>>91287528
>huh. i'm not sure if that qualifies as nepotism, in any case is putting people who know they shit into the job, the opposite of it.

Sort of, but this is exactly how one gets jobs in that industry. Majority of it is all about who you know and not what you know.
>>
>>91286377
And these pranks are not exactly new.

Back in 03' they fucked with everyone with the Big-O finale. When the last episode was supposed to air they just played a random one from earlier in season 2 instead. Then joked about it in the commercial bumps.
>>
>>91300928
Every network has people specifically hired to do this
>>
>>91285114
>SU's target demographic (10-13) along with the network's (5-13)
I've already heard from numerous sources that CN's target demographic is 7-11, so that makes your claim harder to believe.
>>
>>91305080
>CN historically does not like them because they actually have to pay out to air them. Time Warner is a goddamn nightmare for a major corporation since it is not so much a huge company that owns everything as much as it is more of a United Nations of smaller companies that all sort of compete with each other internally. Because of this Company-A (which is under the Time Warner umbrella) will actually have to pay royalties to use Company-B (which is also under the Time Warner umbrella) properties in any way. And this means Cartoon Network must pay DC to use DC properties on their network. This is fine if the show is a huge hit and makes a shitload of revenue and ratings. But if it cannot then it is dropped like a rock incredibly fast. Right now CN is on the fence about JLAction because they are unsure with the potential success level and having to pay to use it as opposed to more We Bear Bears or Gumball.
honestly considering how many issues this causes I'm surprised Time-Warner hasn't tried doing some internal restructuring to eliminate most of those issues
>>
>>91285114
I have a question: considering that nuPPG isn't story based, why don't they air that? Are the rumors of its failure true, or just wishful thinking?
>>
>>91307273
You would think so but Time Warner actually encouraged this kind of behavior in the past.
>>
>>91286041
>They're looking for new talent that can replicate TTG.
I actually have an idea for a show that has similarities to the style of Teen Titans Go while removing as many of the problem as possible. Unfortunately, I'm just some random nobody with no connections to the animation industry, so it will always remain a pipe dream.
>>
>>91285257
>Clarence was never viewed as a good show
>>
>>91285114
That still makes no sense especially since it doesn't even get good ratings in premieres anymore to justify this decision. Them admitting that the show has a terrible format to air consecutively is kinda retarded especially since SU isn't the first story driven show they've aired. Really this entire network is such a mess now.
>>
>>91307273
This and >>91293451
>>
will this show be episodic I wonder
https://twitter.com/IGN/status/849747117757169665
>>
>>91309456
pretty sure op is long gone
>>
>>91309838
OP visits /co/
>>
>>91285114
They should kill SU though
>>
>>91312454
Enough.
>>
>>91285114
I understand where they're coming from, but it's still retarded.

As a five year-old I would have been insulted by a channel that only plays one to two shows for 12 hours a day, even if they were stand-alones.

If kids could follow avatar, they can follow SU and similar shows. Kids still watch TV, there's no reason to act like you're a dead medium when you're not even close.
>>
>>91288236
>The greeter at CN's HQ doesnt know when Jasper is coming back

>Crewniverse member or members walk by on a daily basis, get to know the front desk guy
>One day jokingly asks "hey, I really like your guy's show and was just wondering, when is Jasper coming back? haha, just wondering"
>Depending on the crew member, they'll either give some cryptic fucking answer like "in the near future", or "in June I think"
>Post results of conversation on /co/, tumblr, reddit, what-fucking-have-you and be done with it
>>
>>91313127
Isn't CN HQ in Atlanta?
>>
>>91313431
programming and management in Atlanta, animation in LA
>>
>>91314722
Exactly the point
>>
>>91285955
Because it's been run by the same people for all these years, and one of them is Mike Lazzo
>>
>>91285756
>Adventure Time
>CN's flagship show
>not getting high ratings
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>91286041
>Because, (and I wish I was a lot closer to SU's crew but they're out of LA and I'm not permitted to get any spoilers unless it pertains to web/app promos) the writers pitch a lot of boring episodes, that are kind of like slices of an overall story already written. They have a quota to fill and they don't want to fire all their ammo. Plus I think they are really dedicated to pushing the SoL episodes, predictably because townies will play a part in the upcoming bombs (I'm speculating largely, I'm not that close). Yes its clumsily written.
Have you ever interacted with the Crewniverse or anyone else who works on the shows?
>>
Hey OP, are there any open conservatives/Republicans/right-wingers at the network in any capacity? I hear they get blacklisted in Hollywood but I dunno if it's as bad at children's networks.
>>
>>91292947
You know, statistically speaking, SOMEBODY'S dad HAS to work at Nintendo.

I wonder if that kid's lonely because nobody ever believes him about anything.
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.