[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever think Zack is kinda right about him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 421
Thread images: 38

File: Superman-3D-Art.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Superman-3D-Art.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
Do you ever think Zack is kinda right about him?
>>
All he knows about him is that he looks cool when he's angry with red glowing eyes. That's quite literally the extent of his knowledge on him.
>>
>>91277458
How so?

That Snyder is right to dislike him? Or that he needs to be deconstructed? Or that superheroes can't communicate with each other while wearing capes?
>>
there isn't a right Superman, there are different versions of him, zack's one is just another one, you may like it or not.
>>
>>91277458
I think there is a compelling story to be told about the public not trusting Superman at first in a post 9/11 anti-immigrant climate before eventually earning that trust. I don't think he needed to draw that story out over two movies while also weaving that narrative with others that distracted from it. I think Waid and Morrison did a better job telling that story in Birthright and New 52 Action respectively.

I think there is a compelling meeting of the World's Finest that could be told with Superman resenting the extreme lengths Batman goes to in his mission, with Superman not being trusted by Batman because of the degree of his being an outsider, as well as Batman's experience to not hope in or trust many because of the betrayals and loses he may have experienced since first donning the cowl. I think the two could be shown to realize the virtuous pursuit they recognize in the other and find camaraderie in that more than anything else.

I think Snyder has demonstrated a capacity to be so right on some and so wrong on the other things, that would he be put on a leash and overseen by someone directly affiliated with DC, he could potentially produce the things he gets right while also having the things he gets wrong corrected at the conceptual phase, which could lead to incredible movies that would feel more like a standard comic published by DC and less like a DCU book written by Frank Miller intending to have the depth of an Alan Moore book, but failing miserably to do so.
>>
>>91278299
No one's saying Zack's version is wrong. We're saying it's shitty.
>>
>>91278299
But Snyder is incapable of producing anything other than garbage, so he is wrong about Superman as he is wrong about everything.
>>
>>91278325
>I think Snyder has demonstrated a capacity to be so right

Nope.
>>
>>91277458
No.
>>
>>91278502
Anon, the first flight in MoS was fantastic.
The collage of him saving people in BvS was fantastic.
When it comes to pretty images, he can nail it. Everything beyond that gets into decreasing degrees of not good. The guy is not universally bad. Just most of the time.
>>
>>91278479
>But Snyder is incapable of producing anything other than garbage
?
300 is objectively well made.
>>
>>91278562
>The collage of him saving people in BvS was fantastic.

You mean sad dour Super-Jesus gazing down on people worshipping him?

It's a perfect encapsulation of everything wrong with Snyder's Superman.

>When it comes to pretty images, he can nail it.

A dull gray, monotonous world isn't pretty.

>The guy is not universally bad.

No, he's fractally terrible: the whole is terrible and every individual part is also terrible.
>>
>>91278600
Yes, Frank Miller did a good job.
>>
>>91278670
?
Zack Snyder made a movie that adapted Frank Miller's comic beautifully.
Was Kubrick a hack for making adaptations?
>>
>>91277458
He is.
>>
>>91278479
t. nu-male
>>
>>91278653
Jeez. I mean, If you ask me if I like MoS or BvS I'm gonna say no to both. I'm so bummed over the zero hype I feel towards JL. Man though bro. I wouldn't say he fucks up 100% of the time. To each their own though. I mean personally I thought saving the rocket and dragging the ship was pretty cool. Yeah though, the dour bummed out guy sucked.
>>
File: top puf.png (304KB, 584x560px) Image search: [Google]
top puf.png
304KB, 584x560px
>>91278653
yikes mate
You're almost as far gone as Mark Waid.

>he's fractally terrible: the whole is terrible and every individual part is also terrible.
Save for future laffs.
>>
>>91278690
lol kubrick didn't copy a comic book word-for-word, visual for visual. Frank Miller should have gotten cinematography and script credits for it for how much Snyder aped, same with Sin City.

Miller is more on par with Kubrick in terms of being a visionary than Snyder. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>91278653
You an absolute retard and didn't understood shit in the movie. You need to either shut up, or stop reading comics and watching cartoons, you clearly need to educate yourself before having a Cape related hobby.

You missed the entire point of the montage
>>
>>91277484
That's not true. He also knows he csn be used as a Jesus analogy.

And he seems to think he's the first one to have come up with that.
>>
>>91278711
>If you ask me if I like MoS or BvS I'm gonna say no to both.

Good, that means you have a functioning brain.

>I'm so bummed over the zero hype I feel towards JL. Man though bro.

Why? Snyder and Co. have poisoned the DCEU and any chance it could have of being good. You should be bummed by that, by how badly they've killed any hope of getting good DC movies.

You, like all good people, should be praying fervently every day for JL to fail as hard as possible so WB shuts down the DCEU. Then maybe we might get good DC movies when they try again in a decade or so.

>To each their own though.

No, the people who mistakenly think they liked MoS or BvS need to kill themselves immediately. Something is broken inside of them. This isn't being mean or hateful, it's for their sake.
>>
>>91278765
>You missed the entire point of the montage

SUPERMAN = JESUS

AKA the only idea Snyder seems to have about Superman.
>>
>>91277458
"Superman is like Jesus and must suffer for us" is the most base-like pretentious read of the character.
It's the equivalent of going "Batman isn't actually good because punching criminals is wrong because the criminals were created by society" levels of pretentious discourse.

It takes the most basic aspect of the character, strips everything that goes against that very idea and digs some depth from that point.
>>
>>91278805
Hello mickey.
>>
>>91278717
The only thing to laugh at is people mistakenly thinking anything Snyder does could ever have meaning or value.

I say they're mistaken because it's not possible to like or have a positive opinion about Snyder or his work. If you think you do you have committed an error or are just being contrarian.

He is objectively garbage.
>>
>>91278805
>No, the people who mistakenly think they liked MoS or BvS need to kill themselves immediately. Something is broken inside of them. This isn't being mean or hateful, it's for their sake
I want a documentary about your life and what led you to this point.
>>
>>91278805
>Why?
It's a live action Justice League movie. I've loved the Justice League since I was a kid. I wish I could be hyped out of my mind over the fact that we're getting it THIS YEAR. I just look at what we've seen, and it comes off as more of what we've already got that I didn't like. I'm bummed because I want to be excited but am not because I've been burned by the director enough times to expect nothing but shit that is going to piss me off.
>No, the people who mistakenly think they liked MoS or BvS need to kill themselves immediately.
Come on man. That's not cool. I just meant To each their own in the sense that you and I can vary in the degree of how much we dislike the DCEU without needing to fight with one another.
>>
>>91277458
i thought MoS was good, but you retards just wana see supes save cats from trees and help old people cross streets

>not muh superman
>>
>>91278848
Nice meme.
>>
>>91278881
>It's a live action Justice League movie. I've loved the Justice League since I was a kid.

That's WHY you should hope with every ounce of your spirit every moment of the day for the Justice League movie to fail. If you really love the JL, you want them to be in something good, and with Snyder there's no hope of that. The well has been irreversibly poisoned.

This is what separates a fan from a mindless fanboy. A fanboy will slavishly support and praise anything that involves their obsession. A fan is okay letting something terrible involving what they like fail because it's better to have nothing than a bad product.
>>
>>91278990
MoS didn't work on its own merits.
>>
>>91278990
Oh fuck off, there's plenty of reasons to dislike MoS that go beyond "not muh". Goyer's script being one of them.
>>
>>91278690
>>91278753
crass as it is, i have to agree with the response. 300 was basically a storyboard, and snyder is only ever good for literally animating frames from comic books.
>>
Why is it that everyone who likes capes on this board is a sperg?
>>
>created by Jews
>dude Superman IS Jesus
shiggy
>>
File: Super stare.jpg (35KB, 295x229px) Image search: [Google]
Super stare.jpg
35KB, 295x229px
>>91277458
About what?
>>
>>91279066
>Jesus was a Jew
>the original super Jew
>>
>>91278299
>you guys! You guys! Quality is subje- you guys listen!
>quality is subjective you guys! There is no objective quality you guys!
>so your opi- your opinion on the quality of a thing doesn't count, you guys! Cause it's subjective! So quality should never be commented on, you guys. By anyone
>>
>>91278990
We literally have a montage with him saving people, doing incredible stuff and the media talking if he has the right to do it, if people seeing him as a savior is positive, how his existence changes everything, the last question is "what if he is just a guy trying to do some good?" and the montage gets cut to Clark being troubled at night and calling his mom for advice.

That's pure superman, thing is they don't want to see their foster father figure having doubts, they want him happy abd smiling to a child after he saves him in a war zone, obviously, he doesn't care or is affected by the dead or the suffering around him. He just smiles.
>>
>>91279093
The statement you're responding to is value-neutral, though. It doesn't say that all the different versions are equal, just that there are many different versions of him and Snyder's is one.

Or see >>91278327
>>
>>91278694
>your opinion doesn't align with mine, and I'm super alpha so you must be ducked faggot!

Post pics. Anon. Show us your abs.
>>
>>91279134
You opinion was garbage, your extreme hatred for Snyder over not muh stuff does indicate that it does affect you in a pretty faggy way. So yeah, he may be right you sound like a numale
>>
>>91278855
I was being sincere. MoS and BvS are so obviously wrong, in both a quality and moral sense, that thinking otherwise is a sign that something is deeply wrong with you.

It MAY be possible that you could be healed, but the odds are low. And because there's something so wrong with you, it's going to cause misery in your life. You might as well just kill yourself to save yourself the trouble.
>>
>>91279027
fuck you, i bet you think IM 3 and thor were masterpieces
>>
>>91277557
>Or that he needs to be deconstructed?
>needs
why tho
>>
>>91279236
>does affect you in a pretty faggy way.

As opposed to having your lips firmly wrapped around Snyder's cock?
>>
>>91277458
Not really.

The only cinematic version of Superman I like is the Fleischer Superman.

I usually only like Superman in comics. So I don't really care about what Zack thinks of him.
>>
>>91279262
Can you even have a thought doesn't fall into COMPANY WARS? Why does not liking a DC film automatically mean to you that someone likes everything, or even anything, Marvel does?

If you think really, really hard can you imagine that someone doesn't like MoS or BvS for reasons that have nothing to do with the Marvel films?
>>
>>91278822
>SUPERMAN = JESUS
More like:
>People see Superman as Jesus but he's just a guy trying to do the right thing at the end.
But of course, people here are fucking retarded that they can't understand "basic symbolism".
>>
>>91279363
Wasn't Jesus just a guy trying to do the right thing in the end too?
>>
>>91279363
Yet he goes through all Jesus arcs save gathering apostles to spread his word.
The entire conflict of the movie was "They want you to be Jesus but you can choose what you want" and he choose "Be like Jesus" in the end. So you are only half right.
>>
>>91277458
>>>91277458

>
>That Snyder is right to dislike him?
Snyder loves superman and is right about the reaction of the world
>Or that he needs to be deconstructed?
He doesn't believe it needs to be deconstructed, just that is a story worth to tell
>Or that superheroes can't communicate with each other while wearing capes?

We don't know the dialog since that was scrapped, and he doesn't think they should not communicate, he directed watchmen. He believes that exposition should be in the he movie and not in the dialogs, that the Cape should be used when its needed. And he is right. Manchildren need to remember that for the general public a dark movie isn't the same as an action comedy movie and people eventually reacts in a different way to both. Cape comics are ridiculous, it's part of the magic and on print is easy to ignore, but on a different medium that changes, even young justice did that.
>>
>>91279363
>But of course, people here are fucking retarded that they can't understand "basic symbolism".

You got that backwards, anon. The Jesus symbolism Snyder uses in a repeated, hamfisted manner is so basic and blatant that it's like he just cracked open an Intro to Writing book and flipped to the chapter on symbolism.

There's a reason people make fun of Snyder for this, because his GUYS SUPERMAN IS JESUS GET IT shit is a laughably childish attempt at DEPTH.
>>
>>91277458
What? Right about Superman being the truest form of altruism and a good person willing to sacrifice himself to save the world at any given time? Yeah, I guess so.
>>
>>91278822
No you idiot, the point was that superman isn't God, a savior from outer space, or a fascist, he is just a good guy doing good, and that how people see him won't change that. You wanted to hate the escene so. Much that you blocked everything.
>>
>>91277458
To be honest, it isn't really Zack.

It's Goyer.
>>
MoS needed something like the boat scene in TDK, I like my Superman to believe that everyone has the capacity to be a good person.
>>
>>91279444
>Snyder loves superman

This is demonstrably false. Snyder DESPISES Superman, it's why he gets the character so wrong.

>and he doesn't think they should not communicate, he directed watchmen.

Wrong again, anon!

> But I came to the conclusion that they couldn't really talk in their suits with any credibility. We had to get them back in their civvies.” The scene where Clark and Bruce meet at Lex’s party, dressed in non-superhero clothes, was thus conceived.

>It was, says Snyder, an issue of tone - marrying the dark approach of DC’s burgeoning cinematic universe with its somewhat camper comic origins. “When they're in their super-suits, it was impossible [to get the Heat scene]. We tried it. It was just one of those things. If there are more than four or five lines, you start to notice – wait, these are two guys dressed up! One guy's dressed up like a bat and the other one has a big red ‘S’ on his chest, and it reads super serious...”

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/batman-v-superman-zack-snyder-10-things/

> Manchildren need to remember that for the general public a dark movie isn't the same as an action comedy movie and people eventually reacts in a different way to both.

Nope, this is the adolescent understanding of dark as "grim and edgy". It's CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Snyder is the early 90s personified. He has a deep, abiding hatred for these characters and what they stand for, which is why he works so hard to strip them of meaning.
>>
>>91279444
my main issue with snyder is how he never goes all the way. if you want to make a dark, edgy superhero story that explores philosophical points in a deep and intelligent way, go for it. if you want to go marvel and make kids movies that are formulaic but well made, that's ok too. but when you make a movie that masquerades as a deep intelligent movie with a very shallow script, artificial conflicts and plots that are ultimately resolved in a marvel like boss fight that completely undermines what little philosophy you've discusses in the build-up, it becomes a very frustrating and unenjoyable movie for almost everyone, the notable exception being people who feel they are intelligent and deep but are also fairly ignorant, like most people in the 13-17 age bracket.
>>
>>91279494
>he is just a good guy doing good, a

Nope. Snyder took an Objectivist dump on that in MoS by destroying the Kents and having Pa Kent tell Clark not to save people.
>>
>>91279446
Exept you clearly failed to get it, making your opinion completely wrong, you focus on the Jesus stuff so hard because is the only thing you mildly understand, superman is a sungod, just like Apollo, just like Jesus, Lex literally spell it out for you the audience. And you still didn't get it.

In the movie we see people reacting to him as a savior, we see people reacting to him as if he is godly, and we see that Clark Kent is just a farm boy that loves his mom and his gf and wants to impact the world as a journalist. You guys are so stupid that got the message backwards.
>>
>>91279619
That's a quote of the movie, that is in that escene.

Stop talking about objetivism, when the only objectivist in the movie is Lex.
>>
>>91279619
snyder is just building a what-if universe where the what-if is "what if superman was raised by objectivist cunts?" at some point we'll reverse flashpoint into a dc movie universe where superman is loved and cared for as a child.
>>
>>91279631
As with MARTHA and the piss jar, we understand what Snyder was intending, but the execution was so laughably bad that the intended message was destroyed.

That's Snyder in a nutshell: incapable of depth or nuance, and too clumsy to execute interesting ideas anyone else gives him.

So, as with MARTHA and piss jar, just repeating what the intent was doesn't save the shit result.
>>
ITT: Autists arguing over fucking nothing.
>>
>cape fags uniroically comparing cape movies to Kubrick
I just want it to end. Kill the capes.
>>
>>91279619
That never happens. Pa Kent tells Clark that his actions will change the world and that he needs to be ready. It's a worried dad, nothing more, and he was right, he also says that he doesnt have all the answers.
>>
>>91279680
Isn't that /co/ (or the entire Internet) in a nutshell?
>>
>>91279677
If people understood why keep naming Jesus?
>>
>>91279677
>but the execution was so laughably bad that the intended message was destroyed.
I disagree.

Also
>we
Costanza.bmp
>>
>>91279703
>That never happens.

Yes, it did. This didn't:

>Pa Kent tells Clark that his actions will change the world and that he needs to be ready. It's a worried dad, nothing more, and he was right, he also says that he doesnt have all the answers.

You just saw what you wanted to see, not what was on screen, because what was on screen was so fucking stupid.
>>
>>91279736
>I disagree.

And you're wrong, yes.

>>we
>Costanza.bmp

The entirety of humanity who agrees that BvS was shit, yes. What aren't you understanding?
>>
>>91279735
That's a good question for Snyder. Why keep ramming Jesus imagery down our throats?
>>
>>91279754
>You just saw what you wanted to see, not what was on screen
no u
You have an inexplicable hatred for things you have yourself made up.
>>
>>91279754
I feel bad for people like you, growing up only reading capeshit and watching cartoons really destroyed your habilities to understand what is in front of you.
>>
>>91279775
>The entirety of humanity
Source?

>>91279797
You can't actually answer that question or your narrative breaks down.
>>
>>91279797
There's a lot of imagery, thing is, the only you catch up is Jesus related.
>>
>>91279805
The portrayal of the Kents and Superman, including that they encourage Superman to let people die, was and is a common complaint about MoS.

If it's something I made up I must have amazing psychic abilities to influence so many critics and regular commenters. I should think about using my fantastic powers to help people!
>>
>>91279845
>Source?

Hey, it's the source guy! I missed you!

>You can't actually answer that question or your narrative breaks down.

The answer was already given: there's the repetition of Christ imagery because Snyder is a hack without subtlety or nuance who beats us over the head with his simplistic, middle school symbolism.

Wait, sorry, I meant: source?
>>
>>91279852
if the criticism is that there's too much jesus imagery, how is saying there's also other imagery a counter-argument? he's not saying the amount of jesus imagery would be cool if the rest of the movie had other imagery as well, he's saying that the amount of jesus imagery he caught was too much and therefore distasteful.
>>
>>91279871
Post the escene where they encourage him to let people die
>>
>>91279926
Don't bother. These people are the ones who will just keep repeating CAPE KINO and 2DEEP4U at you.

They have so little knowledge or experience that any use of symbolism or imagery at all blows their minds and feels like the most sublime literature. They can barely understand the idea of symbolism to begin with, let alone its proper use.
>>
>>91279926
But that isn't your criticism, your criticism is that Snyder believes superman is Jesus and that is false. You just jump from complaint to complaint.
>>
>>91279999
i'm not that person and the post i replied to was replying to a post that said there were too many uses of jesus imagery and that they weren't subtle enough.

but yes, snyder obviously equates superman to the savior/messiah figure, of which jesus is one, and probably the one that was most influential to snyder.
>>
>>91279975
Don't use the word literature you dumb Capefag, enjoy your geoff johns
>>
>>91280047
Case in point.
>>
>>91279999
>your criticism is that Snyder believes superman is Jesus and that is false

He is going to literally make him come back to life.

>b-but muh sun gods

It is even more stupid, because modern academy knows that most of these paralels with other cultures are forced as fuck or just plain wrong. Study.
>>
>>91279967
>Clark Kent at 13: I just wanted to help.

>Jonathan Kent: I know you did, but we talked about this. Right? Right? We talked about this! You have...!

[calms himself]

>Jonathan Kent: Clark, you have to keep this side of yourself a secret.

>Clark Kent at 13: What was I supposed to do? Just let them die?

>Jonathan Kent: Maybe; but there's more at stake here than our lives or the lives of those around us. When the world... When the world finds out what you can do, it's gonna change everything; our... our beliefs, our notions of what it means to be human... everything. You saw how Pete's mom reacted, right? She was scared, Clark.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/quotes

>What was I supposed to do? Just let them die?
>Maybe.

What a disgusting perversion of the Kents. Of course they're supposed to care about what might happen to Clark if he's discovered, but they would never, ever to tell Clark to "maybe" let people die.

It's Objectivist bullshit, and only human garbage don't see that.
>>
>>91280269
the correct parental response here is to hug clark and tell him what he did was right but that he should be more careful in the future about his identity, and help him get accustomed to his powers.

if clark wasn't an alien capable of mass genocide by merely looking at people, the worst case would be an alcoholic farmer with daddy issues who drove his tractor into some cattle that one time. unfortunately for pa, he is a super-alien, and because of his retarded parenting clark wastes years of his life in isolation slowly driving himself insane.
>>
>>91278794
>thinks it was a jesus analogy
>even though the movie made it explicitly clear that, despite all the comparisons people want to make, he is not jesus
>>
File: BvSReturns.jpg (170KB, 602x662px) Image search: [Google]
BvSReturns.jpg
170KB, 602x662px
>>91279421
>>91279916
>>91279999
>>91279926
>>91279975
Why do you guys keep saying there was SO MUCH JESUS IMAGERY and that HE WAS SO OBVIOUSLY JESUS GUYS.

Literally the entire point is that he isnt jesus. Despite all the parallels one can see, he is just a normal guy trying to do the right things. The public cast him either as super god or super demon, but he is neither. He is human. He literally dies to prove that he is human and just wants to do the right thing.

Also out of the whole 2 hours + of film, I think there are like 2 jesus images in the whole of BvS. You got his death looking like that one painting of the women carrying Jesus' body, and you got pic related which is also a Superman Returns reference.

MAYBE you could count carrying the boat as carrying the cross, but I really feel like thats reaching.
>>
>>91278842
>"Superman is like Jesus and must suffer for us" is the most base-like pretentious read of the character.

But thats literally the opposite of the point of the movie.

The movie says Superman is not jesus, but he chooses to save/suffer for us because he loves us. And he dies because of it.
>>
>>91279022
Yes it did.
>>
File: super jesus.png (524KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
super jesus.png
524KB, 1440x900px
>>91280372
Yeah, Snyder's portrayal of a being from Heaven born and raised among men who spends his time agonizing over his role as a savior and experiences and overcomes moments of doubt and temptation to ultimately sacrifice himself to save mankind, only to rise from the dead, all the while the being depicted non-stop with images and symbols like pic related, certainly wasn't in any way a Jesus analogue.
>>
>>91279066
Jesus is just the Moses archtype again.

>Man from distant land discovers his connection to god
>Adopts a new people as his own and protects them
>promises to deliver them to a promised land (or in Jesus' case heaven)
>suffers for the people's sins
>>
>>91280474
> he is just a normal guy trying to do the right things. The public cast him either as super god or super demon, but he is neither. He is human. He literally dies to prove that he is human and just wants to do the right thing.

Do...do you even know who Jesus is or his story? I'm not religious in the least but for fuck's sake it's like the most retold story in Western culture.
>>
>>91279236
kys
>>
>>91280531
>Jesus is just the Moses archtype again.

If you read academic Biblical scholarship (that is, non-religious study of the development of Biblical writing), this was intentional. The story of Jesus as it developed was purposefully made to conform to the existing Old Testament corpus (e.g., being a descendant of the House of David, allusions to Elijah, etc.)
>>
>>91279543
> I like my Superman to believe that everyone has the capacity to be a good person.

But he did and does have that. Thats why he trusts Zod in MoS to leave earth when he hands himself over (but Zod doesnt do this)

Thats why he trusts Luthor is good until the end when proven otherwise.

Thats why he trusts everyone at the senate hearing and didnt even entertain the possibility of a bombing.

Thats why he tries he gives Batman the chance to just retire after their first encounter (the Bat is dead, bury it), despite Batman killing innocents. Its why he tries to talk to Batman during their second encounter, its why, even on his deathbed, he pleads with Batman to save his mother and trusts him when he says he will.

Its why he trusts Wonder Woman.
>>
>>91280489
See >>91280509
>>
>>91280606
No anon, that's called bad writing. Believing in people doesn't mean you're an autistic moron.
>>
>>91279585
>This is demonstrably false. Snyder DESPISES Superman

Thatas not true at all though

http://www.craveonline.com/site/515353-exclusive-interview-deborah-snyder-talks-man-of-steel-and-easter-eggs

>So a couple months after that we got a call and Chris [Nolan] had said, “Hey, do you guys want to come over for lunch and grab that meal, and would you mind if we talked to you about Superman?” Zack got off the phone and we were like… [Gasps]! And I said “I don’t know, Zack. I don’t know how…” And he was such a fan of the character, he had different trepidations, right? His trepidation was, “I don’t know how to do this character justice. I’m not sure I know how to do that.” And I was like. “I don’t know how you make him accessible to a modern audience.” But we said, sure we’ll come and listen and they pitched us the idea that Chris and [David] Goyer had for the story. We really felt that they had an in into making him relatable, into making you care about him. But of course we wanted to read the script because the pitches are usually better than the script, and we were so pleased when we read the script. It was a really great way of getting at him. So then it was like, okay… Zack said, “I want to do this. I really want to do this.” And I said, “I feel like they really figured out a way to make this work.” And then I don’t think you can think about what the responsibility is. [Laughs] It’s like, too huge, right? So then you just have to go about your day-to-day.

Snyder does indeed love Superman. Just because he talks about one scene not working in their costumes doesnt mean anything. There are plenty of scenes in comics that work better in civilian clothes than in costume. For example, the dinner at the end of Kingdom Come.
>>
>>91280474
>>91280489
the entire point of jesus is that he is a human that loves humanity and dies to protect it.

nobody is saying superman was conceived by the holy spirit and was literally the second coming of jesus, but that he was as selfless as jesus and was literally humanity's savior, as jesus was.

>>91280531
neither jesus nor moses were from a distant land, one was a jew who was raised as an egyptian and re-embraced his jewery, and jesus was a god/jew hybrid who formed a splinter religion from within judaism that was all-encompassing.

that and jesus knew he was the son of god from day one, he was literally raised as the savior, there was no revelation the way moses had one. both jesus and moses being religious saviors there are obviously parallels, the messiah archetype is all over media, but your post is not very accurate.
>>
>>91280151
>He is going to literally make him come back to life.

No Jurgens already did that in the comics. From everything that has been leaked from the movie, its obvious Superman will not be returning to life on his own.
>>
>>91280359
>>91280269
But Pa just thinks that maybe it would have more harm than good in the long run if he was discovered so soon. He is just worried.

IDK why you guys have such a problem with Superman who CHOOSES to do good instead of being instructed to. I mean, thats like as pure and heroic as you can get. Choosing to do good because you just know it is the right thing to do, not because someone told you you are supposed to.
>>
>>91280539
But Jesus literally was a super god, literally the human avatar of God in christian myth. He wasnt JUST a normal guy, he was literally destined to do what he did.
>>
>>91280676
Jesus was literally the son of god, from birth told he was destined to save everyone, and is the living embodiment of god on earth. Are you retarded?
>>
>>91280702
Doesn't matter if it is on his own.

>>91280675
Nigga, Snyder can't even read a Miller comic and undestand a simple scene. He literaly based Batman's characterization in an horrid interpretation of a scene that is debunked multiple times on the same comic, missing not only the point of the comic, but the character too.

He has a pleb tier undestanding of these characters, and make pleb tier mistakes, like the one that I mentioned.
>>
File: kino.jpg (199KB, 1276x1224px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
199KB, 1276x1224px
Damn, Zack Snyder's movies look like *THAT*?
>>
>>91280812
Meh.
>>
>>91280744
>IDK why you guys have such a problem with Superman who CHOOSES to do good instead of being instructed to.

This is why you're an idiot: that's what we want to see.

The whole point is that Superman ISN'T a god. Like any man, Superman isn't inherently good or bad. He was raised to be good and kind and learned from his parents to be a good person.

Making his parents Objectivist assholes destroys that. He's a good man because of good people.
>>
>>91280676
>neither jesus nor moses were from a distant land

>Moses is literally sent down the river to a new land
>Jesus is literally sent down from heaven from God, but heaven is not a distant land

Goddamn you dumb.
>In the same post you says he is a human but also say he is the son of god

goddamn you dumb.

>Implying the jews leaving from egypt doesnt count as a splinter group leaving from the egyptians
So much retardation in your post.
>Judaism was all-encompassing

no it really was not, in fact the occupying Romans had the most encompassing religion at the time.
You are just the most retarded mother fucker.
>>
>>91280812
I don't actually know what this is meant to be conveying.
>>
>>91280812
yes as we all know a mediocre director will in fact rip straight from far superior works to fill the void where their own creativity should be
>>
>>91280269
You have no idea what objectivism is.
>>
>>91280777
It's clear you don't know even the most basic details of the Jesus story, or the various ideas about his nature that the different Christian sects have.

You're embarrassing yourself with how little you know here.
>>
>>91280509
>>91280633

> only to rise from the dead

But he doesnt in any of the movies yet. When he does, then you can talk about it like it matters, but from what has been leaked he is brought back by Steppenwolf.

>Snyder's portrayal of a being from Heaven born and raised among men who spends his time agonizing over his role as a savior and experiences and overcomes moments of doubt and temptation to ultimately sacrifice himself to save mankind,

That wasnt Snyder, that was 75+ years of comic history son.
>all the while the being depicted non-stop with images
see
>>91280474
>>
File: 1435798999064.webm (832KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1435798999064.webm
832KB, 800x450px
>>91280870
Have you been under a rock since BvS came out
>>
>>91280602
Yeah I know, but retards like
>>91280676

Think otherwise
>>
>>91280151
>Academy

Murrikans are so funny.
>>
>>91280674
What? Your post doesnt make any sense. How was that autistic? How is believing in people bad writing? Nice buzzwords.
>>
>>91280859
>>In the same post you says he is a human but also say he is the son of god
>goddamn you dumb.

You have to be trolling here. That Jesus was both fully human and fully divine is Christianity 101.
>>
>>91280777
he is also a human being who suffers for humanity. if he had no choice in what he did, he is pointless. the point of whole trifecta thing is paradoxical for this reason, he is, at the same time, the god, and a carpenter who helps people out. him being god, he curses humanity with the original sin, than he dies, as a human, to remove the curse.

>>91280859
judaism isn't all-encompassing retard, christianity is. that's the whole point.

moses was sent down to the palace, which historically is away from the farmlands where moses was born, he wasn't in a distant land, just a different portion of the same city. jesus isn't sent anywhere, he is created in mary's womb and travels to a different city to give birth, hardly distant lands.

jesus is a human and a god, that's his entire schtick.

taking a jewish ethnic group in egypt into exile isn't splintering a religion, it's a religious exodus.
>>
>>91280870
one of Zack's favorite movies is Excalibur and he tried to evoke the final scene when Doomsday and Superman kill each other.
>>
>>91280781
>Snyder hates Superman
>here is proof Snyder loves Superman
>WELL HIS BATMAN INTERPRETATION TRIGGERED THE FUCK OUT OF ME!!

Nice logic there.
>missing not only the point of the comic, but the character too.

Not really, he has a pretty great understanding of it. Hence why he specifically takes scenes from the book and re-creates them while flipping their meaning on their heads. Because DKR was a deconstruction, while BvS was a reconstruction.
>>
>>91280781
>Doesn't matter if it is on his own.

So by that logic Frankenstein is a jesus analog too.
>>
>>91280744
hence why i said "that he should be more careful in the future about his identity, and help him get accustomed to his powers"

i have a problem with the kents being retarded because it creates forced drama about superman that doesn't matter much to the end point and serves as part filler and part shallow pseudo-intellectual exploration of morality and the meaning of being human.
>>
>>91280853
>He was raised to be good and kind and learned from his parents to be a good person.

Thats exactly what happens in the movie. Pa Kent teaches him about greater good and weighting options and teaches him about controlling his strength and not lashing out at others.

There is nothing objectivist about his parents, nice memeing.

> that's what we want to see.

Thats literally all you see in the whole movie is Superman choosing to do good and help people of his own volition.
>>
>>91280986
Frankenstein was a God analog. He created life.
>>
>>91280904
>I dont have a counter argument but you are wrong!!!!

Okay, keep believing Jesus isnt thought to be the son of god...
>>
>>91280954
Jesus is literally sent down from heaven by god and IS god at the same time.

In this case the parallel is being drawn from being sent down as a baby down the river and being sent down from heaven as a baby. Smarter people than you have agreed that Jesus is a Moses analogue.

see

>>91280602
>>
>>91280904
see
>>91280602
>>
>>91280944
>he was fully both

No. Maybe in some interpretations, but classically he is the son of god and also partially god in a human vessel. Hence this idea of father, son, the holy ghost, all being one in the same.

You cant be THIS dumb.
>>
>>91281034
Frankenstein's monster you pedantic asshole
>>
>>91280975
I'm nit the anon that you were talking to, brain demaged fanboy.

>Not really, he has a pretty great understanding of it.

Not really he SHOWED that he couldn't follow the plot of one of the most popular comics that ever existed..

Think about it.

>Hence why he specifically takes scenes from the book and re-creates them while flipping their meaning on their heads.

Nigga said on the interview that Batman killed "all the time" on that comic, dumbass. Try to spin this.

>>91280986
Frankstein is the creator, not the creature, and the creature is refered to Adam in some stances. Even so, the book didn't had two prequels hammering up the Jesus alegory before.

Hell, the creature isn't even a revived corpse on the book.
>>
>>91281127
You should've said Frankenstein's monster then.
>>
>>91280993
idk why you need them to say those words specifically to fill your autistic quota.

Nothing was wrong with the Kents. They care about their child and dont want him taken away by the government so they tell him to hide his powers and stuff until he is ready to come out to the world. This is right out of Secret Identity by Busiek. Never anywhere do they not tell him to do good, and in fact they are incredibly proud of him when he does do good, but they know it has to be a choice he makes on his own to be meaningful in any capacity, not something they can force him to do.
>>
>>91281156
>I won because semantics

great job not actually arguing the points
>>
>>91280920
>since bvs

Kek Snyder has been talking about that movie since 300, since watchmen he has been talking about modern mythology and stuff like that.
>>
>>91281193
I wasn't the guy you were replying to.

I was just simply saying Frankenstein is a god analog.
>>
>>91281193
> won won won

Why snydercucks are such fags? Can they even have a normal conversation?

Not even him,but who is the insecure fag that is obsessed with "winning" in a conversation about a blockbuster? Whatever it means.
>>
>>91280986
I liked the Frankenstein stuff in the movie with Lex and Doomsday
>>
>>91281176
they're never shown to encourage him for being a good person. this is a problem, because the superman we see in mos is an edgy and confused mess, as opposed to a healthy stable adult.
>>
>>91281243
It was stupid and badly rationalized.
>>
>>91280993
They act as they should, good people that is involved in something huge, there's nothing wrong with how they educated Clark.
>>
>>91281129
>ignore the actual points made about the content in the movie
>BUT HE SAID THIS THING IN THIS INTERVIEW

good job there m8. How about how he takes the Batman vs Superman fight from DKR and completely flips it on its head in meaning. Batman is the protector of the status quo in the movie, where as Superman is in the comic. Superman is the overreactive stooge in the comic, where as Batman is in the movie. The comic ends with the "death" of Batman, the movie ends with the "death" of Superman.

Where as the lesson Batman learns in DKR is to go underground and create his own resistance to take down the government, while still at odds with Superman, the lesson learned in BvS is for Batman to come out of the shadows, gather other heroes, and protect people all while now idolizing Superman.

This is because BvS is very clearly a reconstruction of the classic Batman hero from the point of deconstruction he has been in in pop culture since the Nolan movies.

>Even so, the book didn't had two prequels hammering up the Jesus alegory before.

MoS had literally a single jesus image in the entire movie. Good job looking like a fool.
>>
File: Excalibur.jpg (64KB, 643x491px) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur.jpg
64KB, 643x491px
>>91280920
>>91280972

That just furthers what a hack Zack is. He throws in a bunch of references to something he loves but he's not coherent or consistent with it. We see Excalibur coming out of the theater during Bruce's flashback but Bruce has nothing to do with any kind of Arthurian allegory, he's Captain Ahab. So Superman in Zack's world is both Jesus AND King Arthur. Why? Because Zack thinks it's cool.
>>
>>91281246
This is why I liked American Alien take of the character much more.

>>91281274
Read better comics.

Also, if nothing was wrong, the public opinion of them would be better.
>>
>>91281127
Both are called Frankenstein, Adam was Victor's child and called him father.
>>
>>91281286
Snyder function JUST LIKE the people behind Steven Universe and their references to anime.
>>
>>91281317
are you allowed to criticize Tumblr Universe on /co/ these days?
>>
>>91281074
never claimed there weren't parallels, only that the original post i replied to was drawing too many of them that were too specific. divine savior characters all have many parallels regardless of religion. abrahamic ones are more closely related due to having close intricate ties. this isn't some sort of scholarly knowledge, it's common sense.
>>
>>91281129
You are so stupid you can't understand that someone can like one source and work it on a different angle, tdkr shares themes and ideas not the same story or context, you are just so autistic you actually believe its a mistake of Snyder.
>>
File: 1376877133270.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1376877133270.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>91281286
COME FATHER

LET US EMBRACE AT LAST

[WAGNER INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>91281284
>autistic scream that has nothing to do with what was said

Face it fag, Snyder showed that he has no idea on who these characters are,if he misunderstood the point of the most famous comic of one of them..and used it as basis of his characterization. This is just plain incompetence that you desperately tries to justify, because of the name of the IP shoved on it.
>>
File: Superman poster.jpg (296KB, 1015x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Superman poster.jpg
296KB, 1015x1500px
>>91277458
reeve and donner were much better
>>
>>91281265
How? Lex using the fire of the gods to validate himself is fine
>>
>>91279275
Because deconstructions are for mature adults like myself
>>
>>91281286
You little capeshit brain can't handle more than one influence. That's why you guys focus so much on Jesus shit
>>
>>91281377
You got it wrong.

He literally said that happened "x" on comic when actually happened "y", and the fact that Batman never does "x" is a major plot point.

Them the fag got says that he did the movie like that because on the comic Batman did "x" all the time. This is not "different interpretation" it's poor reading comprehension.
>>
>>91281246
>they're never shown to encourage him for being a good person

Thats not true at all, Martha Kent even implies they saw his inner goodness from the beginning and always knew, deep down, that the world would see it too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VFCfx_rKbI

in BvS they repeat this where Martha even says that he isn't bad, but she recognizes all the good he is doing of his own choosing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNirW1iacsU

They dont need to constantly tell him he is a good person, because they know he is. They know they raised him right. Its more important to let him know that all of his choices, especially since he is superman, have consequence and impacts and he has to keep this in mind.

If a single pat on the back is what is keeping you from enjoying this movie, you need to analyze your life.
>>
>>91281409
But he didn't. He choosed to tell another story, with a batman that shares characteristics with the batman of a satirical work by Miller
>>
>>91281451
>I will defend Steven Universe tier usage of references

>because I'm a snydercuck
>>
>>91281246
>we see in mos is an edgy and confused mess

What is one edgy thing about him. And he is never confused about what he has to do, he is constantly doing good. He just tries to figure out what the best way to do good is.

>ib4 the truck scene

son, that was right out of Action Comics #1.
>>
>>91281487
i meant as a child, not as a thirty+ year old man. sorry for not making this clear.
>>
File: 1374887994938.jpg (24KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1374887994938.jpg
24KB, 396x385px
>>91281451
I don't have a capeshit brain you little fuck you wathc your mouth when you speak to me again, What I'm saying is that Zack throws in all this shit he thinks is cool but doesn't care about what a giant fucking jumble of shit it turns out to be, it's just there for the sake of it. Dude lmao Jebus, King Arthir, Moby Dick and Ahab, the Sound of Silence lmao but there's very little justification or skillful handling of these elements
>>
>>91281489
But he did.

You are defending the guy that thought that Sucker Punch was a good movie.
>>
>>91281506
destroying a man's truck, which is how he makes his living, for essentially being an asshole. wow great job clark.
>>
>>91281487
And Martha tells him that he isn't forced to be superman, that if he wants to do good for others it has to come from his own heart, he isn't in debt with us.
>>
>>91281286
>>91281502
it was meant to convey Batman's transition to Lancelot. He went from being Superman's enemy to his trusted second in command and most vocal supporter (just like Lancelot in the movie, you tard).
>>
>>91281520
>the kents didnt directly say "Good job for being good son" so its a bad movie

you are autistic
>>
File: superdick.jpg (53KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
superdick.jpg
53KB, 338x500px
there is only one acceptable superman
>>
>>91281561
exactly, and thats a good thing.
>>
File: 1491096951319.png (61KB, 405x274px) Image search: [Google]
1491096951319.png
61KB, 405x274px
>>91281568
Nobody cares for your shitty reference tho, it doesn't make any movie better, it is on par with a character riding a motorcycle like Akira on SU.

I hope that Bats do as Lancelot and cucks Clark for the sake of symbolism too.
>>
>>91281585
>the kents are explicitly shown to berate a kid for being good onscreen
sure, you're free to create any headcanon you want, but it's bad movie making. especially when the kid grows up to be an isolated mess, indicating their parenting didn't prepare him for a normal life at all.
>>
>>91281553
It was a company owned trunk dude, no trucker trucks are owned by the person driving them. And all cars, regardless if company owned or not, need insurance if they are driving in the US.

So the car was definitely insured and all insurance agencies cover act of god stuff, which that would definitely be counted as.

Your autism is astounding really, you should be more mad at Seigel and Shuster for having AC #1 Superman destroy a man's car. This was before insurance was really even a thing.
>>
>>91281502
I don't watch cartoons. And your argument is retarded, Arthur, Christian stuff, Greek stuff, it's all the same as superman, mythology, that's the theme, this heroes are not analog to other heroes, but they affect people in the same way and the world reacts to their place in culture and the world.

Excalibur influenced mostly the oniric side of the movie, that doesn't mean this movie was based on Excalibur.
>>
>>91281568
That's not what happens in the movie buddy, if anything it's the exact opposite, Arthur is a enraged and arrogant guy at that time while Lancelot is good natured, super strong, wearing shining armor and fights with grace and humility and Arthur makes an enemy of him (a guy who means no harm) and it breaks Excalibur and shows him the error of his ways. So Zack fucked it up even harder, since clearly Batman fits Arthur's position and Lancelot is Superman. Good job Hack Snyder.
>>
>>91281544
Sucker punch is better than all Mcu movies.
>>
>>91281644
>And your argument is retarded, Arthur, Christian stuff, Greek stuff, it's all the same as superman, mythology, that's the theme

>the autist really believe this.

Pathetic.
>>
>>91281621
but it doesnt make the movie any worse, and drawing parallels between superheroes classic story archtypes is right up there with Morrison and Moore storytelling.

Its literally a background detail and one shot of reference, why does it trigger you so much?

He isnt the first person to make a connection between the Knights of the Round Table and superheroes.

>>91281646
>That's not what happens in the movie buddy, if anything it's the exact opposite, Arthur is a enraged and arrogant guy at that time while Lancelot is good natured, super strong, wearing shining armor and fights with grace and humility and Arthur makes an enemy of him (a guy who means no harm) and it breaks Excalibur and shows him the error of his ways

Congrats, you literally just described BvS from Batman's point of view. He sees himself as the good guy the whole time and even has the shiny armor. Good job showing how accurate Snyder was with his reference.
>>
>>91277458
Looking through this thread, this makes me wonder.

Do you guys ever get sick of arguing over the same bullshit over and over again?
>>
File: iron man vs loki.jpg (439KB, 1300x720px) Image search: [Google]
iron man vs loki.jpg
439KB, 1300x720px
>>91281665
did not like sucker punch very much
i like the avengers and ant man though
>>
>>91281632
>the kents are explicitly shown to berate a kid for being good onscreen

No, never do they punish him or even say it was bad for him to save people. All they ever did was tell him to consider the bigger consequences of his actions. If he saved the bus of kids, but it led to the death of two bus fulls of kids it would have been the wrong thing to do. He is superman, he has to think about these things.

>especially when the kid grows up to be an isolated mess

Idk how you get that, we clearly see that he has Ross as a friend even if we dont see them explicitly hanging out. He saves Ross from the bus, Ross helps him up after Clark is bullied, and Ross and Lana even come to Clark Kent's funeral in BvS.

Even when he is wondering the world he is pretty social, not afraid to talk to the waitress girl or the truckers or save people at a moments notice.
>>
>>91281634
golden age superman isn't modern day superman, and golden age comics aren't really relevant to the conversation. the fact that it's a reference doesn't excuse how badly it stands out as a scene.

are you saying superman should be ok with property damage as long as it's insured? it was a "cool" moment for snyder that doesn't really make sense for the movie, this is true for many snyder scenes.
>>
File: BvSOz.png (2MB, 938x1548px) Image search: [Google]
BvSOz.png
2MB, 938x1548px
>>91281668
>he doesnt believe in the American myth theme of BvS/MoS
>>
File: BvSHorses.png (3MB, 1902x1903px) Image search: [Google]
BvSHorses.png
3MB, 1902x1903px
>>91281668
more proof of said theme

>inb4 you dont know who Paul Revere was
>>
>>91281694
>but it doesnt make the movie any worse, and drawing parallels

It makes when your execution is shit. In this case it was an empty clusterfuck.

>but muh Morrison

The writers of BvS are not even close to Morrison or Moore in skill.

Also, I'm not even the person that you was talking to.
>>
>>91281747
>he is superman, he has to think about these things

so you're saying the optimal thing for superman to do is to become a dictator like in red son where he provides maximum safety and feeds and shelters everyone, as this is clearly the way to minimize the loss of lives over a longer period of time.
>>
>>91281756
>these comics arent relevant because I say so!!

well I say the golden age comics are relevant.

>how badly it stands out as a scene.

but it doesnt stand out at all, its Superman doing a little justice for a sexually harassed waitress in a way that harms no body

>are you saying superman should be ok with property damage as long as it's insured?

thats literally the point of insurance, so yes, Superman should be just like everyone else and be okay with "problems" that are fixed by waiting a few weeks for your insurance money in the mail.

Should I be worried every time I have a small accident in my car? No, because im insured.
>>
>>91281810
>so you're saying the optimal thing for superman to do is to become a dictator

No, all I am saying is that Superman should consider the impacts of his actions. He is not going to be 100% perfect all the time, but as Superman his actions hold a lot of weight.

Idk why you felt the need to extrapolate to ridiculous extremes.
>>
>>91281764
>>91281781
>spouting his particular autistic pics made on paint like he was making an evident point.

I was not even talking about this. I just commented that manchildren that think that comics for teenagers made by souless corporations wanting the money of neets, are modern mythology....are just patethic and pseudo-intellectuals.
>>
>>91281795
>parallels and references automatically mean its shit!!

what a compelling and well thought out argument.

> In this case it was an empty clusterfuck.

But it wasnt empty, the post you are responding to literally shows the meaning in it.
And good job just ignoring the rest of the post there buckaroo.

>Im not even that guy so it doesnt matter what I say!
>>
>>91281889
but they are modern myth, Superman is more well known than any god/messiah outside of Jesus and Buddah.
>>
>>91281694
Let's not forget that batman sees an image of Micheal fighting the devil and also see himself as Micheal. I really liked that touch, especially with the coloring of the image, Bruce arrogance and blind hate is pretty evident.
>>
>>91281889
>its not myth because I say so

good argument
>>
>>91281847
You are literally defending someone for destroying other people's property, a fucking truck, over minor annoyances.

Seriously nigga, I hope that you annoy someone one of these days and they destroy your car.
>>
>>91281889
I literally took a modern myth class in college where we read Metamorphoses, Alice in Wonderland etc. The last section of the class was a focus on Batman.
>>
>>91281847
good to know, i'll start breaking other people's stuff when i'm angry now because i know insurance covers it lol.

>>91281877
sure, and considering the impact of his actions, the best thing he can do is become the ultimate ruler. this is a fairly easy conclusion to draw. if you start to think that allowing a bus full of children to drown is ok because it might be better in the future to do so, it's very easy to commit horrible things under the assumption that they'll have better consequences. this isn't something you'd want to teach a superkid.
>>
>>91281946
if my car was destroyed id be pretty happy, id end up with more money than I spent on the car and I really dont want to repair it anytime soon.
>>
>>91281927
>>91281936

So is McDonald's or Gangnan Style.

What is your point? "It is know by people so it is a modern myth!"

Where do you fags even read this? Do you think that people actually take it seriously outside ofor your safespace on the internet?
>>
>>91281810
He is saying that superman should care and be affected by what he does, he is superman and will overcome his doubts anyway
>>
>>91281975
> the best thing he can do is become the ultimate ruler. this is a fairly easy conclusion to draw.

If you are insane maybe. Idk how you can see "Superman needs to consider the consequences to his actions" and think "well obviously he needs become a dictator"

Your logic doesnt make any sense.
>>
File: 1458739011170.jpg (86KB, 800x645px) Image search: [Google]
1458739011170.jpg
86KB, 800x645px
>>
>>91282032
this never gets old, my sides still hurt
>>
>>91282022
I think that he is criticizing your mentality of "the end justify the means".
>>
>>91281889
Comics are not modern myths, batman and superman on the other hand have a real impact on western culture, kryptonite is a great example. Is what makes them different than iron man or cap America, Tarzan and conan are another pair of modern myths
>>
File: SupermanCar.jpg (109KB, 710x510px) Image search: [Google]
SupermanCar.jpg
109KB, 710x510px
>>91281975
>>91281946
>context doesnt matter

children, just think for a second. From the perspective of the corporation they lost, what, maybe a few thousand in profits.

From the point of view of the trucker, he gets a few weeks paid vacation.
Also, once again, same thing happened (only worse) in Action Comics #1. Why arent you throwing a bitch fit at Siegel and Shuster? Its like his most iconic image and has been repeated over and over again.

>b-but muh modern comics

he does it in modern comics too
>>
>>91282021
>>91282022
again, if it's ok to drown a bus load of children for the greater good, and superman should strive for what's best, why not ensure the well being of every individual and minimize crime, injury and violence? the shortest way to come to a position of power that would allow you to do this is through a conquest, so by the "alls well that ends well" mentality, superman vs the world is completely fine as long as it results in a whatever superman's understanding of a utopia is.
>>
>>91282001
>Do you think that people actually take it seriously

Well yeah, Umberto Echo wrote a whole paper on Superman

https://www.jstor.org/stable/464920
>>
>>91282064
but thats not what im saying, no where am I saying the ends justify the means
>>
>>91282080
>, batman and superman on the other hand have a real impact on western culture

Doesn't matter.

They are no better than hip hop or Mickey. Being famous is not the same as being a myth
>>
>>91282114
i'm not throwing a bitch fit at siegel and shuster because their creation of superman was different from what superman is today.

i'm not bitching at modern comics because this is a thread about the movies.

the context in the movie is that a dude is being an asshole, so he destroys property that either ruins the dude's life or ends up being good for him. either way, it's not an appropriate response.
>>
>>91282174
>it's ok to let 20 kids drown if it potentially saves 40 kids in the future
>this isn't the end justified the means mentality.

sure.
>>
>>91282135
no one ever said it was okay to drown a bus full of a children, superman did not push that bus into the ocean.

But if he saved that bus and that ended up revealing to the world that he was Superman and the government comes in and tortures all those kids and their parents for information and if they took Superman and forced him to be a government tool and used him to take over the world, then maybe it would have been better for him not to have save those kids.

But again, no where is Pa Kent saying that he should have done that. All he is saying is just think about your actions and what consequences they might have. That is the only lesson he is trying to impart. Stop extrapolating to fit your narrative.
>>
>>91282139
Do you believe in it?

So defend it.

Validate it.

I'm waiting.
>>
>>91282262
>"should i let children die?" clark kent, age 12
>"maybe" his father, an adult

this isn't an appropriate response to a child's question about letting other children die, regardless of what superpowers said children has.
>>
>>91282218
>i'm not throwing a bitch fit at siegel and shuster because their creation of superman was different from what superman is today.

How

>i'm not bitching at modern comics because this is a thread about the movies.

Its okay if the comics do it then?
>the context in the movie is that a dude is being an asshole, so he destroys property that either ruins the dude's life or ends up being good for him

How does it ruin his life? Oh in your head canon okay. And of course the guy would be reprimanded by his boss a little, but in the end he will be fine. And again, he was sexually harassing a woman. It was a perfectly fine response.

So tell me, if modern superman and classic superman both exhibit that they are fine with property damage, where are you getting your idea of a Supreman that isnt okay with it? From your head?
>>
>comics and cartoons posters on a board that regularly consumes different adaptions of characters all of the sudden cannot understand a different adaption of a character

????????????
>>
>>91282343
>It was a perfectly fine response.

Hilarious, you are a fucking sociopath.

No surprise that snyder movies attract autists.

Not him by the way.
>>
>>91282259
I just used it as a hyperbolic example to show that Clark, especially as Superman, needs to think about his actions and what consequences they might have.

They even address your ends justify the means argument in BvS, where Pa Kent tells him he should do the right thing no matter what. There will be consequences that are unforseen but that doesnt mean you should stop trying to do the right thing.
>>
>>91282304
>change argument from no one talks about it
to
>well then you PROVE that its myth!!!

dude, Umberto fucking Echo wrote a paper on how he is myth.

And to satisfy your argument I do think Superman is myth.

Here is the Merriam Webster definition of Myth:

a popular belief or tradition that has grown up around something or someone; especially : one embodying the ideals and institutions of a society or segment of society

Superman fits all of that. He is popular, telling stories about him is a tradition for over 75 years, and he has grown as a character around a specific set of ideals.
>>
>>91282383
>you can't have a shit adaptation of a character
>all adaptations have the same degree of quality

Anyway, people only resort to "not muh" when the thing presented is not good enough to convince them to change their minds. People are okay with the different take on multiple characters, like Nolan movies and so on, the issue is that the DCEU sucks when they try to be different, and thus make people wish that they were closet to their more famous and better received incarnations.
>>
>>91282327
It is definitely the proper response to the only super powered being on the planet, whose very existence is going to upset all political and religious structures on the planet.

Again, all he is trying to tell clark is to think about his actions. He is a father and a human, he doesnt have all the answers.
>>
>Clark mah boy I understand you're urge to show the world your powers buts its dangerous
>Clark literally dies the very next movie because using his powers was dangerous

Worst Pa Kent ever
>>
>>91282386
>Superman shouldnt be okay with property damage
>but every version of Superman is
>Well you are a sociopath

really good argument there m8
>>
>>91278562
>Anon, the first flight in MoS was fantastic.
Okay, I've watched you guys praise that scene for 4 years noe and enough's enough.

The first flight isn't that great. It's just him flying and smiling. There's no dialogue, there's no deep introspection into his character, there's no moral or revaltion of his character, it's JUST him flying and smile with a rare use of slightly warmer colors and a generically uplifting score. It does NOT demonstrate any understanding of the character. You could replace him with Green Lantern in that scene and it'd work exactly the same way. And they did, a couple years earlier. You could replace him with fucking Astro Boy and it'd be just as good. And they did, years before THAT.

Enough with "but the first flight was perfect!"
>>
>>91282484
if i saw superman protecting the city, i would go "man he is an awesome dude"
>>
File: 1463988530934.jpg (17KB, 300x305px) Image search: [Google]
1463988530934.jpg
17KB, 300x305px
>>91277458

I'm not saying this to be a contrarian or anything, but I am genuinely interested in Zack's Superman. Unlike most Supermen we know from the comics, it seems like he grew up in a word without the concept of superheroes, which explain his hesitation to do anything and really become a symbol of hope.

Like with Superman Secret Identity, if one of us woke up with superpowers one day we would have clear ideas of what to do and what not to do because Superheroes are already integrated in popular culture. Even in-world Superman either had the Legion of Super-Heroes, or the Golden Age Superheroes that didn't make him feel like he was alone in the world.
In a Morrison kinda take (which I doubt is the original intention) It seems like the DCU word is more bleak word than ours because there are no superheroes in fiction.

So I do believe it is an interesting take, and MoS had very interesting shoots but wasn't a good movie overall. I wish Clark was expanded more in BvS instead of focusing so much in Batman. I did like the line of Ma Kent telling Clark he doesn't own the word a thing, because I do believe he doesn't, but the fact that he does makes him a hero. I'm mad good moments like that were ruined by the whole movie.
>>
>>91282343
siegel and shuster were essentially teenagers who came up with a hero they thought was cool. they had no intention for these stories to explore complex morality, nor was their superman a character culturally refined over decades with hundreds of artists' contribution and one that shaped and was shaped by popular culture. synder's superman is made after all these layers are added onto superman, and at an era where our understanding of comics, film and stories have evolved.

it might be ok for a comic to do it based on the reality that is constructed within that comic, depending on a multitude of factors. there are comics where superman does things that don't make sense within the story, or things that contradict the superman that is establish within the story. this thread isn't about any of those.

if the truck belongs to the guy, he basically failed his delivery, which will put him in great financial trouble. he is also stranded in god knows where. this is even if insurance pays him, and they might not. if it's not his and he gets paid leave, he is rewarded for harassment.

i get my idea of superman in this context from the realistic, considerate approach the movie tries to adopt.
>>
>>91282519
>my personal experience speaks for everyone everywhere

you are one smart cookie
>>
>>91282483
that post made no reference to quality, on the baseline level their is a complete lack of understanding of these characters by most criticizers

like this post here >>91282327 theyre complaining that pa kent is a complex flawed character. thats a stupid thing to complain about
>>
File: MARY_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg (54KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
MARY_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg
54KB, 340x450px
>>91277458
>>
>>91279363
Actually that's still pretty much just Superman = Jesus since the whole reason Jesus was killed was because they thought he was trying to be a king and he was just trying to be a good guy.
>>
>>91282605
>is a complete lack of understanding of these characters by most criticizers

Snyder misunderstood the most iconic Batman comic and based his characterization on a mistake of reading comprehension. Looks lie he is the ones who don't get the characters. There is no way to argue against this.
>>
>>91282496
this isn't property damage that is accidental or unpreventable, it's deliberate vandalism. not all versions of superman are vandals.

>>91282484
>the proper response to a super powered kid's question about whether we should let children die is maybe
cool, enjoy your nihilistic murder machine

>>91282605
pa kent isn't a complex character, he is troubled. the complexity is something you headcanon in. besides, my complaint isn't about what pa kent is, it's about how this pa kent doesn't help create either a thought provoking movie or an entertaining and shallow one. what we got is a pseudo-intellectual movie with shit color-grading, ok cinematography and a bad script.
>>
>>91282578
>if the truck belongs to the guy, he basically failed his delivery, which will put him in great financial trouble.

Not at all, do you not understand how insurance works? He calls up his company and says "a freak accident just happened, my truck is on a telephone pole." This was completely out of his control and he has multiple witnesses saying he was in the bar the entire time. They file for insurance, he might get a few days vacation or they give him another assignment. Are you this divorced from the real world that you dont understand?

> he is also stranded in god knows where

No he isnt, there were clearly other people there and at least on person he was friends with that could give him a ride. And its obviously at least near some kind of town, you cant just have a restaurant/bar in the middle of nowhere that far away from any kind of civilization.

> this is even if insurance pays him,

Its not his insurance dumbass, he works for a trucking company. No one, and I mean no one, does independent trucking by themselves. Its all done through big companies.

>and they might not.

I have never ever seen a vehicle protection policy that doesnt include act of god in its plan.

>if it's not his and he gets paid leave, he is rewarded for harassment.

not really, paid leave, especially in delivery type situations, is almost never the same as working pay. The exception maybe being white collar jobs.
>my idea of superman comes from my head, not any specific comic or source

im glad you can admit that your problem is literally just "not muh"
>>
>>91282688
>Snyder misunderstood the most iconic Batman comic

but he didnt, he understood it fine on a thematic and character level and flipped it around:

How about how he takes the Batman vs Superman fight from DKR and completely flips it on its head in meaning. Batman is the protector of the status quo in the movie, where as Superman is in the comic. Superman is the overreactive stooge in the comic, where as Batman is in the movie. The comic ends with the "death" of Batman, the movie ends with the "death" of Superman.

Where as the lesson Batman learns in DKR is to go underground and create his own resistance to take down the government, while still at odds with Superman, the lesson learned in BvS is for Batman to come out of the shadows, gather other heroes, and protect people all while now idolizing Superman.

This is because BvS is very clearly a reconstruction of the classic Batman hero from the point of deconstruction he has been in in pop culture since the Nolan movies.
>>
>>91280744
He CHOSE to do good when he saved that bus, he was discouraged from doing so, so he chose NOT to, until Space Dad told him to again.
>>
>>91282730
>cool, enjoy your nihilistic murder machine

But he never does that ever. Despite Pa Kent being flawed, and trying to protect his kid, never does it negatively influence Superman.

Good job looking dumb though.

>this isn't property damage that is accidental or unpreventable, it's deliberate vandalism. not all versions of superman are vandals.

And good job being extra retarded.

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1646

property damage
n. injury to real or personal property through another's negligence, willful destruction or by some act of nature

>willful destruction

You. Are. Retarded.
>>
>>91282742
my idea of superman comes from the source that is the movie that is being criticized.

that said, literally every criticism is "not muh", because literally every criticism involves one's understanding of many concepts and the comparisons one draws between said interpretations and the interpretation of the work that is being criticized.
>>
>>91280759
Neither is Snyderman, a super alien sent by his father to lift up the earth.
>>
>>91282777
>but he didnt, he understood it fine

He didn't you dumbass.

"BATMAN KILL ALL THE TIME ON THIS MILLER COMIC" he said "like this mutant chick, POW shot in the head! I tried to minimize it, so he just manslaughter lol!"

When a major plot point and part of the character arc was that Batman never killed anyone and it is explicitly show in the comic. He made a reading comprehension mistake and based the movie around it.
>>
>>91282802
he was not discouraged from doing so, discouraging would be saying "Dont do that." Saying "maybe" means there is more to consider than just those immediately in front of you. Pa Kent is worried about his kid and his impact on the world at large. He is flawed and maybe said something imperfect, but his goal was to get his kid to think about his place in the world. Thats why its immediately followed up with him showing him he is an alien.

You are autistic if you cant see past the words and their literal meaning.
>>
>>91277458
No. No, fuck you. I actually got mad even reading that string of words put together.

The minute you even consider that kind of possibility, you've fucking given up on the character Superman is and what he represents. You've given into the goddamn mindset that leads people to even think like Zach in the first place. Get that shit out of here
>>
>>91282826
>specify that this property damage isn't an act of nature, but willful destruction
>anon calls me a retard for specifying in which context it is property damage and why that's a problem

good thing you're a smart chap.
>>
>>91281284
>MoS had literally a single jesus image in the entire movie
Would that one image be the wandering in the wilderness until he's the exact same age as adult Christ, the blatant rack focus onto a stained glass window, or the deep space T posing?
>>
>>91282851
>my idea of superman comics from the movie
>but Superman wouldnt do what he did in the movie

your logic makes no sense
>>
>>91282871
so? He was still just a human. He wasnt LITERALLY god like Jesus or destined to save the world from birth like jesus. Just because his father wanted him to be good doesnt mean he had a destiny. Jesus was literally destined to do what he did.
>>
>>91282936
>a scene cannot contradict what it established before or what comes after it

yes, all movies are perfect by definition.
>>
>>91282826
Nigga, are you still defending that it is right to destroy someone's property over minor stuff?

This make you a bad person, plain and simple. I imagine what kind of petty awhile you are on real life. Would you have done the same?
>>
>>91282892
stop ignoring the actual point of the post and focusing on one thing he said in an interview. He made a single mistake, move on and stop your autistic screeching.

>When a major plot point and part of the character arc was that Batman never killed anyone

It really wasnt. Him killing or not killing is not brought up by anyone. In fact Miller even makes fun of the idea of him not killing with the "rubber bullets" line.

Now please actually address this:

How about how he takes the Batman vs Superman fight from DKR and completely flips it on its head in meaning. Batman is the protector of the status quo in the movie, where as Superman is in the comic. Superman is the overreactive stooge in the comic, where as Batman is in the movie. The comic ends with the "death" of Batman, the movie ends with the "death" of Superman.

>>
>>91282343
>Its okay if the comics do it then?
I think it's really strange how defenders of Snyder's take always go "it's its own thing" but then you hide behind "but everything else does it!" when the going gets tough.
>>
>>91282927
>specify that this property damage isn't an act of nature, but willful destruction

>this isn't property damage that is accidental or unpreventable, it's deliberate vandalism. not all versions of superman are vandals.

>isnt property damage

Thats what you said dumbass.

Now say it with me. YOU. ARE. RETARDED.
>>
File: 1480376606985.jpg (409KB, 1002x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1480376606985.jpg
409KB, 1002x1040px
See, this thread is awful because people genuinely believe that Zack Snyder was a good filmmaker for BvS and MoS.
>>91282742
People like this guy are awful, who throw in rationalizations on bad scenes. Even if its not muh Superman, its still some 30 year old something who threw a temper tantrum at some drunk asshole in a bar. It wasn't some smug shit like the OG Superman where he plays coy, he just walks out and destroys an 18 wheeler and probably got an episode of the MoS X-Files.
>>91280269
The entirety of the Pa Scenes are some of the worst things I have ever seen. The father of a insanely powerful super being fucking dies to a very obvious tornado. He doesn't even die saving people, he dies saving some dog. And Clark probably heard his fucking pa dying horribly thanks to super hearing.

There's no real emotional meaning to his scenes, he just spits out meaningless shit about you need to stay hidden, and then we're told to believe he was such a good man and a role model for Clark. And let's not mention how he suddenly had a horrible accent in BvS.

Snyder just parrots shit he sees and thinks they have deeper meaning and people call it deep.
Also, I think his action scenes are horrible, I can't follow what the fuck is happening thanks to the monotonous colors.
>>
>>91283008
>stop ignoring the actual point of the post

You are the fag raising a pint that nobody asked and that changes nothing.

The subject is: Snyder SAID that he did Batman like that to ensure similar to comic "x" and failed to get what was HAPPENING on comic "x".

Plain and simple.

Do you agree or disagree that Snyder failed to understand the point of the comic, if he thought that batman was "killing all the time" in it?
>>
>>91282544
>nlike most Supermen we know from the comics, it seems like he grew up in a word without the concept of superheroes,
Which is strange because Batman was active while he was a teenager
>>
>>91282928
There was no deep space posing T in MoS, that was BvS, and that was just one of two images in that movie.

Yes the stained glass window is the single jesus reference in the whole movie.

Wondering until his 30s isnt an image, its a reference to the Donner movies which were, very specifically, a jesus analog.

>Donner, Tom Mankiewicz and Ilya Salkind have commented on the use of Christian references to discuss the themes of Superman. Mankiewicz deliberately fostered analogies with Jor-El (God) and Kal-El (Jesus). Donner is somewhat skeptical of Mankiewicz' actions, joking "I got enough death threats because of that."

>Several concepts and items of imagery have been used in Biblical comparisons. Jor-El casts out General Zod from Krypton, a parallel to the casting out of Satan from Heaven.[5] The spacecraft that brings Kal-El to Earth is in the form of a star (Star of Bethlehem). Kal-El comes to Jonathan and Martha Kent, who are unable to have children. Martha Kent states, "All these years how we've prayed and prayed that the good Lord would see fit to give us a child," which was compared to the Virgin Mary.

>Just as little is known about Jesus during his middle years, Clark travels into the wilderness to find out who he is and what he has to do. Jor-El says, "Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and power are needed. But always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, and they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you, my only son."[5] The theme resembles the Biblical account of God sending his only son Jesus to Earth in hope for the good of mankind. More were seen when Donner was able to complete Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, featuring the fall, resurrection and his battle with evil. Another vision was that of The Creation of Adam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film)
>>
>>91282984
it doesnt contradict anything in the movie though
>>
>>91283142
>There was no deep space posing T
>>
>>91283097
>Snyder, who can't even manage an interview without sounding like a crackhead, can't understand simple comics

The motherfucker isn't intelligent.
>>
>>91283054
>say "this isn't property damage that is accidental or unpreventable"
>same as saying "this isn't property damage"

can you actually read?

i'll show you why you are having problems with an example.

"superman isn't a man that wears a bat symbol."

the above sentence doesn't mean superman isn't a man, it means he isn't a man that wears a bat symbol. he might be a man, and he might wear a bat symbol, but he isn't a man that wears a bat symbol.
>>
>>91283005
im saying that while Superman acted rashly and perhaps made a mistake, he wasnt being an ass. It was THE least harmful way to get back at the trucker, and had almost 0 negative net effects. And again, im not defending the action itself, but saying its not out of character for Superman. He has been doing it in the comics forever.
>>
>>91283047
But both things are true? It is its own thing, but you cant say that destroying cars is out of character for Superman when the source material has him doing it.

Good job not having an argument.
>>
>>91282905
You mean figurative meaning, not literal.
Because the literal meaning of maybe means possibly yes". You could, in fact, change the maybe to a "no" and the scene would play out exactly the same. Or have him just say nothing and skip to the "you have to tink about consequences" part.
It's all moot anyway because Clark never actually go to choose to reveal the existence o aliens himself, and that plot thread got pushed unnecessarily into his sequel, where it turns out not to have mattered anyway.
>>
>>91283196
>im saying that while Superman acted rashly and perhaps made a mistake, he wasnt being an ass.

You are a bad person. You think that it is justified to destroy a truck if someone talks shit to you.

You are a patethic little man who knows nothing about living in society or the weight of your actions.
>>
>>91283157
superman isn't established to be a person who destroys property over petty annoyances. he doesn't do this again. this scene doesn't serve to establish a character flaw, it doesn't establish his powers either. it only serves potentially as a reference and definitely as a juvenile cool moment, at the sake of integrity.
>>
>>91283142
>>Just as little is known about Jesus during his middle years, Clark travels into the wilderness to find out who he is and what he has to do. Jor-El says, "Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and power are needed. But always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, and they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you, my only son."[5] The theme resembles the Biblical account of God sending his only son Jesus to Earth in hope for the good of mankind. More were seen when Donner was able to complete Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, featuring the fall, resurrection and his battle with evil. Another vision was that of The Creation of Adam.

Yes, mythological and biblical references for superheroes is a good thing, as seen from that very big boy quote. And when done by competent filmmakers and screenwriters, its fantastic. However, Snyder was not subtle at all, and is most certainly not Donner. MoS and BvS scream poorly used Jesus references.
>>
>>91283190
this isn't property damage that is accidental or unpreventable, it's deliberate vandalism. not all versions of superman are vandals.

This is how I read the sentence was intended.

This isnt property damage. Property damage is accidental or unpreventable. This is deliberate vandalism.

I apologize for misreading the grammar. I thought you were making a distinction between property damage and vandalism.
That being said, Superman in the comics is absolutely fine with property damage.
>>
>>91283142
>There was no deep space posing T in MoS,
>>91280474
Isn't that top one from when he gets sucked out of Zod's ship in MoS?
>It's not a Jesus reference, it's a reference to a Jesus reference!
C'mon man. Do better.
>>
>>91283226
So I should expect Superman to be as he is in the comics then. Oh wait but NOT MUH
>>
>>91283100

That's another retarded part of the movies, I'd rather have Batman and Supers be about the same age. I guess maybe Batman was a myth when he was a teen or not popular outside of Gotham.
>>
>>91278325
So much typing, and yet you barely say anything at all.
Don't fucking type an essay because you think it makes you sound intelligent. It doesn't. It makes you seem like you're in love with your opinion and nothing more. Now be a good kid and go die in a fire.
>>
>>91283363
no problem, i'm glad we cleared that up. that said, there's lots of supermans in comics and animation, almost all are ok with accidental damage or damage that is cause during a fight to gain advantage over the problem, but not all are ok with deliberately destroying property because they are annoyed, especially when said property is a fairly expensive truck.
>>
>>91283083
>being rational is bad
>its okay to overreact to a scene and assume a man's life is ruined because a single truck he doesnt even own is destroyed

kek you are crazy.

>The father of a insanely powerful super being fucking dies to a very obvious tornado.

You have never been in a tornado before it seems.

>. He doesn't even die saving people, he dies saving some dog.

Its as if all life is precious and he is showing Superman that through his actions.

>And Clark probably heard his fucking pa dying horribly thanks to super hearing.

There was a whole scene showing him learn to control that dumbass.

>There's no real emotional meaning to his scenes, he just spits out meaningless shit about you need to stay hidden

the whole "you are not my real father scene" followed by Pa Kent sacrificing himself for Clark was pretty emotional to me.

>suddenly had a horrible accent
He doesnt.
>>
>>91283437
Me too, but Johns ruined that in the comics too
>>
>>91283097
you obviously did not understand the point of the comic if you thought it was, in anyway, about Batman killing. Stop ignore what the post says. Miller himself makes fun of the idea of Batman not killing because its so divorced from the actual point of the comic.

Snyder actually does understand the ACTUAL post of the comic as explained here:

And that is just one example.

The point of the comic was a deconstruction of Batman.
>>
>>91283459
>sacrificing himself for clark
what?
>>
>>91283100
Batman was pure myth mode until BvS.
>>
>>91283459
>it's rational to explode some guy's truck over some comments
>>
>>91283175
not in MoS, in BvS there was.
>>
>>91283517
Is this a copypasta? Because this is like the fourth time it's showed up in this thread.
>>
>>91283292
giving justice to someone who was sexually harassed is juvenile? Really? If anything its a petty annoyance to the driver since all he has to do is let corporate take care of it really. At worse he gets a talking to.
>>
>>91283494

Huh. You know, I never noticed that. I suppose that means the Green Lanterns are also significantly older than Superman and Flash? The n52 was truly a mistake.
>>
"What if this nice guy was a flawed asshole?" is like every youtube poop where Mario curses. But if you meme hard enough, it's high art apparently
>>
>>91283517
You are deluded.
>>
>>91283248
>You mean figurative meaning, not literal.
>gets caught up on the literal meaning of maybe and literal words said, not what the meaning was behind them

way to prove my point. You ever think that maybe the point was to show you that Pa Kent doesnt have all the answers, or even perfect answers? That he has flawed answers because he is only human?

>It's all moot anyway because Clark never actually go to choose to reveal the existence o aliens himself

that is the entire point, despite the Kent's best efforts, Superman was forced to reveal himself, which would have happened sooner or later anyway. I mean we saw Lois trying to track him down already. Now came a moment where had to make a choice, and he chose to hand himself over and reveal himself all at once. He decided what kind of man he was.
>>
>>91283459
>local anon defends poorly written movie, pretends to know everything

https://youtu.be/hXsqsZ7xbjM?t=1m3s
https://youtu.be/7C7EFrSQqlE?t=48s

Also, Zack Snyder is a master meteorologist, obviously Jonathan Kent could do absolutely nothing about this beast of a tornado besides join the people underneath a bridge where the people of a tornado common area would go. Obviously that's the best spot. Snyder directs kino.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yodVQ5QAc88
>>
>>91283630
>it's rational to explode a truck with dynamite if he is sexist

Do you really THINK that this would absolve you in court?
>>
>>91283630
if it's a petty annoyance for the driver, how is it justice for the victim. if it's more severe, how is it justice for the driver? punch the dude lightly on the nose and call the cops if you feel like being a hero, or go citizen's arrest. how is the destruction of a supposedly corporate truck of any justice to anyone involved? the only reason it's there is the establish superman as a cool strong man, and it's a bad scene. it's juvenile because literally no mature adult responds to harassment by autistically destroying the criminal's property in secret.
>>
>>91283730
>way to prove my point. You ever think that maybe the point was to show you that Pa Kent doesnt have all the answers, or even perfect answers? That he has flawed answers because he is only human?
But he's not human. He's a fictional character. He can be as wise as the writers want.
Also, there are wise humans in real life so...sorry your parents sucked, I guess.
>>
>>91283268
>You think that it is justified to destroy a truck if someone talks shit to you.

Nope, never said that. All I am saying is that this particular instance Superman probably chose the least harmful way to get justice for the sexual harassment, since, like I said, destroying this particular truck has very little impact on the trucker himself or the company that owns it.
Context does matter.

That being said, if someone were to try and grope my girlfriend, I would indeed break their car.

>You are a patethic little man who knows nothing about living in society or the weight of your actions.

I mean, you dont even know how insurance works and somehow think a destroyed car = a destroyed life. If I were you, id try and get some more experience and perspective on society.
>>
File: k i n o.jpg (22KB, 853x353px) Image search: [Google]
k i n o.jpg
22KB, 853x353px
>>91283459
>>91283735
Adding to this, Pa Kents dying lesson is that its okay for Clark to end it all for an animal and make no effort to to preserve his own life for constant fear of the government.
Such is the way that all life is sacred.
Such kino
>>
>>91283348
>Snyder was not subtle at all
>poorly used jesus references
>only two per a film
>not even used to say Superman is jesus, but the opposite

really makes you think
>>
>>91283408
>this is out of character for superman
>but the source material says he does that
>well this part isnt like in the comics
>because that part isnt trying to be like the comics

is that so hard for you to grasp? and where, exactly, did I make the "not like the comics" argument in our particular conversation?
>>
>>91283835
if he intended to choose the least harmful way, why not break the glasses of the truck or key the side? these are things that send a much clearer message.
>>
>>91283457
again, the truck is insured and owned by a company that loses trucks regularly. They are a fairly shitty way of transporting goods and incur much higher rates of loss than trains or plains or even boats.

And this was a clark that wasnt actually Superman yet.

But lets just agree to disagree
>>
>>91283835
1- I'm not the anon that said that it would destroy his life.

So fuck you, pig.

2- Do you really think that the best way to teach the guy a lesson was causing hundreds of dollars of damage? Do you really think that this is the intelligent approach to solve a situation like that?
>>
>>91283522
he died so Clark wouldnt be forced to reveal himself and use his powers to save him. They spell it out pretty clearly.
>>
>>91283561
he physically grabbed the girl and touched her, and again, its not even his truck and is definitely insured by the company.
>>
>>91283947
why did he go back for the dog in the first place when they all knew he couldn't do it?
>>
>>91283962
I continue to disagree that causing hundreds of dollars of damage of petty things is useless.

But even if it wasn't...
So what this taught the guy?
>>
>>91283842
>>91283735
I really dont see an accent. I see that Costner has gotten older and his voice is scratchier.

And Pa Kent's leg was hurt and he was stuck due to the tornado. Again, I know you have never been in one, but its almost impossible to move while in a tornado, especially as it picks up and with a hurt leg.
>>
>>91283573
I keep having to copy paste it because the guy refuses to actually address it
>>
>>91283699
>I dont have an argument but you are deluded!!

Nice one!
>>
>>91283751
>explode it with dynamite

it got stuck on a pole you dummy
>>
>>91283766
because the trucker freaks out for a bit, has to call corporate, gets a stern talking to, and then has to hitch a ride with someone or get a taxi.

Seems like the perfect level of punishment for sexual harassment and touching someone when they dont want you to.
>>
>>91283802
>he cant be a flawed human because he is fictional!

oh wow, so this is the level of retarded you are at now?
>>
>>91283918
because he was angry and not thinking 100% clearly. But it was still one of the least harmful choices.
>>
>>91284110
>perfect punishment for sexual harassment is confusion, seemingly unrelated bad luck or inconvenience
please never participate in the legal system or politics in any way
>>
>>91283943
I never said it was the best way to teach him a lesson, Clark was obviously distressed and not thinking 100% rationally. But it definitely was not the worst way to do so, and was up there as far as choices made in regards to how to punish him.
>>
>>91283975
because he didnt know that? He didnt realize until after he saved the dog that he was fucked.
>>
>>91284013
>So what this taught the guy?
that karma is a bitch (at least from his PoV). And it lets the waitress feel smug.
>>
>>91284028
>Anon continues to pretend he knows anything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwaBzyoBjuE

Oh shit, Pa Kent couldn't move because he sacrificed himself standing out in the opening for an animal while telling his superpower son to not save him, to instead wait a few years, and then use his power frequently while being a hobo saving the same amount of people?

Oh wait, let me repost the link
https://youtu.be/bSLXz8ReSe0?t=3m28s
W-w-whats that to the left. that couldn't possibly be a haven that people on the road are actively supposed to look for during tornados

H-h-h-has snyder kino failed us?

Dear anon, whats your desperate rationalization now?
>>
>>91284161
its a pretty good punishment, and it lets the waitress fell smug. Better than actually being arrested and put on a sexual predator list or something. It definitely wasnt worth actual arresting. But getting him confused and setting up karmatic style justice is fine.
>>
>>91284213
if he thought he could make it back with an injured leg and a dog as an old man, why did he stop clark from going as a young healthy adult human being? how would this risk his exposure?
>>
>>91278325
Well that's a reasonable opinion, no wonder everyone hates it.
>>
>>91278479
Sucker punch was a good movie
>>
>>91284279
>sexual predators shouldn't be put on lists, instead they should be confused and victims should feel smug
indeed, sounds like the perfect punishment for sexual crimes. confusion.
>>
>>91284256
>Doesnt have a scratchy voice in one interview
>means he cant have a scratchy voice ever!

wut? Your logic is shit.
Also the clip flat out shows that he opened the door for the dog right as the tornado was picking up, his leg gets hurt and his limping. Tornadoes are really powerful, he couldnt have ran away, if he had moved he would have been swept away even faster.

Also Clark using his powers infront of a bunch of people that know him and live near him is not the same as wondering around Alaska using your powers anonymously dummy.
>>
>>91284350
he wasnt a predator, but he was harassing her. There is a distinction.
>>
>>91284287
his leg gets injured saving the dog
>>
>>91284376
in that case, he won't be on any lists, he'll pay a fine and get the proper legal punishment for his action. how is confusion better?

>>91284387
sorry about that bit then. still, why would he go instead of a younger healthier human when he secretly knows he can't be hurt.
>>
>>91284363
So rationalization anon, instead of a shitty accent because Snyder sucks and the ratings of his movies showcase that, Kevin Costner instead had a scratchy voice and shitty accent during that day and a half of filmmaking, and instead of shooting it on a different day, Snyder, being master of kino and this anon's butt virginity, decided it was A-okay and stuck with it.

Also, where in that scene are we given info that its in Smallville, or that these people know the Kents, oh dear rationalization anon?
>>
This guy is mentally unsound.
The middle line could not have come from a sane man's computer.
He has an ego the size of a planet.
>>
>>91277458
No. Snyder is a fucking hack that doesn't understand Superman in the slightest.
>>
File: snyder.jpg (33KB, 480x384px) Image search: [Google]
snyder.jpg
33KB, 480x384px
>>91284977
Proof?
>>
>>91285006
Watch MoS and BvS then actually read a Supes comic.
>>
>>91285156
I have and I love them.

You can like ASS/Secret Identity etc *and* the DCEU.

>inb4 no you can't
I do, so you can.
>>
>>91285197
Good for you. You can like Snydershit all you want but just because you like it doesn't make it good or true to the character.
>>
I think it's pretty telling that BvS, which is supposedly about exploring Superman's affect on the world, shares so many story elements with JLA: The Nail, where the entire point is that it's a world without Superman.
>>
>>91285425
What does that "tell" you, might I ask?
>>
>>91284136
A fictional character can be as smart or understanding or say whatever the writer wants. "He's realistic!" is not an excuse or a good reason. Because REAL people can REALLY say "Yes, you should help people." to their kids.
>>
>>91278327
>>91278299
Zack Snyder is wrong about Superman.
>>
>>91285469
This>>91285534
>>
>>91285509
Mate, you've entirely failed to refute his point.
>>
>>91284052
Maybe because "I understand something by doing the exact opposite of it' isn't a good argument
>>
>>91285565
I disagree.
Prove to me that it's not a matter of opinion.
>>
>>91277458
Zack gets Superman more than most casuals here, and since it's Mouseville a lot of false flaggers pretend to like Supernan and try to badmouth Snyder. Real fans know it was a good interpretation.
>>
>>91285569
His point was to just go "you're retarded" until I got bored and left. Going "Jonathan isn't perfect because he's realsitic and real people are flawed" is a poorly structured argument because
1. He's not a real person
2. He doesn't have to be.
3. Real people don't necessarily act as he did either
>>
>>91285605
No True Scotsman would dislike the DCEU
>>
>>91285619
>2. He doesn't have to be.
>3. Real people don't necessarily act as he did either
Again, this is not even close to a refutation.
If anything, this agrees with him because you are acknowledging that people act in a variety of individual ways to situations.
>>
>>91285647
More like no smart Scotsman because anyone who dislikes the DCEU has massive brain damage.
>>
>>91278805
Stfu homo. Not all of us need dick/fart/poop jokes to enjoy movies. No go home mouse boy
>>
>>91285658
>Again, this is not even close to a refutation.
Does it have to be?
>If anything, this agrees with him because you are acknowledging that people act in a variety of individual ways to situations.
Yeah, and the reaction they picked was an unnecessarily controversial one that doesn't really serve the narrative or the franchise well.

I've never maintained the DCEU was unintentional. Just kinda shabby.
>>
>>91285790
Dance off bro, you and me.
>>
>>91285791
>that doesn't really serve the narrative or the franchise well.
And I disagree.
>>
let's talk about our ideal superman movies.

mine is a movie that starts with lex's arrest and a brief conversation between superman and lex over this. the movie is a series of conversations by lex and superman, after superman's various adventures on the outside that we never see. the entire movie takes place in the interrogation chamber between lex and superman, where they and by proxy us the viewers explore eachother's understanding of ethics, existence, and what they represent to the other. progressively, we see lex and supes growing a certain amount of respect for each other. they explore things like how superman represents the human ideal versus how lex finds idealizing an alien is counterproductive for mankind etc. it's like my dinner with andre, or the sunset limited, but spans a longer time frame.
>>
>>91285790
Dresses like a bat. I can dig that bro. Dresses like a flash. I can dig that bruh.
Dresses like a cyborg. I can dig that nigga.
Dresses like a wonder. I can dig that m'lady
>>
>>91283456
Posts like this remind me why industry comics are regarded like a hobby for semi illiterate people.
>>
>>91278325
>like a DCU book written by Frank Miller intending to have the depth of an Alan Moore book, but failing miserably to do so.

That's a perfect description for Zack's work.
>>
>>91277458
In what sense? Zack's take isn't bad in of itself but it's not anything anyone really wants from Superman so it'd probably be better suited to a comic AU or a knockoff that doesn't have the baggage of Superman.
Also the heavy handedness doesn't help.
>>
>>91278325
Well said. I've had the same thoughts for awhile. I really enjoy BvS for what it is, but the ideas could've been executed much better.
>>
>>91286904
Not by anyone that normally works on cape movies it couldn't. I Agree that it wasn't perfect, but take away the Oscar winning screenwriter (even if he did work with Goyer DNA), and it would be much worse.

Justice League is written solely by Terrio and that makes me very excited.
He's most certainly a better writer than Geoff Johns, and this is a retelling of the first New-52 arc (minus Darkseid).
>>
>>91284313
you're a fucking idiot mate
>>
File: IMG_1128.jpg (112KB, 400x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1128.jpg
112KB, 400x620px
>>91277557
>>91279275

He has been deconstructed before. But when he was the story was really well written and it was true to the core of Superman's character. Snyder's "deconstruction" was shoddy at best and was untrue to Superman's character.
>>
>>91287164
>Snyder's "deconstruction" was shoddy at best and was untrue to Superman's character.
I disagree.
Prove that it's not a subjective issue.
>>
>>91287231
prove how any criticism can be objective
>>
>>91287384
big black cock
>>
>>91287231
Superman in comics does everything he can to do good. Be it as major as saving the city, or as small as getting a cat out of a tree. He does these actions not only to do good in the moment, but to inspire those around him to do good like he does and make the world a better place.

Snyder's Superman feels like helping others is a burden, which goes against the core of who Superman is. The only reason heroics because his ghost dad told him that was his purpose. His willingness to help others and become a symbol for good was not a decision that he made himself, he just did what others thought he should do.
>>
>>91287384
This.
>>
>>91287636
>His willingness to help others and become a symbol for good was not a decision that he made himself, he just did what others thought he should do.
Exactly, and he realizes this and becomes his own man in BvS, out from his father's shadow.

He decides sacrifice because it's what HE cares about.
And just to ward this off before it starts, it was not just for Lois.
Explicitly says that if was for his home *and* for her.
>>
>>91287720
damn i'm tired
That's some glitched out sentence structure.
Well, I think the gist is there.
>>
>>91277557
>Or that superheroes can't communicate with each other while wearing capes?

How wrong is he about this, really? Think back to Avengers and Civil War. The vast majority of the deliberating and exposition happened while they were all in civilian clothes. Vision wasn't in a sweater just because it looked funny
>>
File: Supersubtlety.jpg (52KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
Supersubtlety.jpg
52KB, 600x250px
Reminder that this was a scene for absolutely no good narrative purpose other than to juxtapose this image in your cortex.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>91277458

Zack was right in the sense that everyone questions superman's actions in BVS. He couldn't even sneeze without people having to analyze the fuck out of it.

He's just a guy trying to do good but everyone has to pick apart what he's doing or what's going on because people set these insane standards and project on some guy just trying to do good, and because of that and his powers it causes controversy.

Hence discussions like these being a result. Pretty meta if you ask me.
>>
>>91287858
you're absolutely right, but i like this scene because a)it has more colors than 90 percent of the other scenes and b)cavill is a handsome man.
>>
>>91287858
I liked his dynamic with the priest. Especially when Clark told him that he was the alien.

I dunno man, I think if a scene holds my interest, it serves a purpose in an entertainment story.
>>
File: 2smaht.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2smaht.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>91287887
I saved this post.
>>
File: Hancock.jpg (60KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hancock.jpg
60KB, 404x600px
>>91287887
Superman doesn't do anything controversial, is where it falls apart.
Where is the controversy of pulling people from apartment fires?
Rescuing doomed astronauts or oil workers?

They had to cook up the specific scene with Lois putting herself in the ridiculous situation of voluntarily going to Osama bin Negro's terror base to get Superman to do ANYTHING even remotely controversial.

Otherwise he's just flying around pulling kittens out of trees and battling disasters, with no expectation of compensation or even gratitude.

To make Superman a controversial figure, you have to actually write a Controversial Superman.
>>
>>91287917
>I think if a scene holds my interest
So you're like a baby that someone can jangle their keys in front of, storywise.
>>
>>91287994
>Superman doesn't do anything controversial, is where it falls apart.
No.
Being a sovereign super power is inherently controversial.
You are are unintelligent.
>>
File: mr neutron.jpg (68KB, 450x328px) Image search: [Google]
mr neutron.jpg
68KB, 450x328px
>>91288023
Monty Python did this skit as a satire, Snyder is just being dumb with it. You're pretty dumb not to realize this.
>>
>>91288019
no
Read what I write instead of trying to win an internet fight.
I thought that character interaction was interesting and I enjoyed seeing Clark tell the priest who and what he was.
Since one of Snyder's points with these movies is how people would react to an alien, I think the scene is far from irrelevant, on top of being entertaining.
>>
>>91288023
this guy has a point.

that said, it's fairly stupid how he tracks lois 24/7 but not his own mother.

and how he is too retarded to x-ray a senate hearing that's making history.

the movie had too many imbecile moments for me to enjoy, along with a bunch of other issues.
>>
>>91288059
>Monty Python did this skit as a satire
Ok?
>Snyder is just being dumb with it.
I disagree.

>>91288083
>and how he is too retarded to x-ray a senate hearing that's making history.
Not defending bad marketing/editing, but the ultimate cut explains that one.
>>
>>91288083
>and how he is too retarded to x-ray a senate hearing that's making history.
But the bomb had lead to cover it though.
>>
>>91288083

They stated the chair was lined with lead anon.

Also he had ZERO idea that anything bad could happen because he was just expecting things to go smoothly and he could say his piece, and finally get the people on his side. How was he suppose to know someone wanted to bomb him?

That's called being comfortable, and relaxed

Again you're just proving the point of projecting your own standards on him and speaking from hindsight.
>>
>>91288100
what's the explanation? i couldn't stand through it a second time i'm afraid.

>>91288106
i guess this is it? does lead prevent his super-hearing also? i'm glad it's explained at least, but him standing there like a sad indestructible puppy is still fairly stupid, even though it looks somewhat good. i think this is a very predominant problem with snyder.
>>
File: Buddy_christ.jpg (31KB, 370x284px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy_christ.jpg
31KB, 370x284px
>>91288065
At no point did they establish Clark as being particularly religious, nor his parents.
The Priest offers him no useful insight or advice.
He just sits their awed by the fact that the super-alien is revealing himself to him, with a glowing Jesus framed behind him.
There's no significant character or story development aside from reinforcing that Superman is a manchild who can't come to a decision about ANY FUCKING THING without adult supervision.

It's a garbage throwaway moment for religious symbology.
"But I liked it" isn't a defense of it. I'm fine with you liking it, but that doesn't make it any less pointless.
>>
>>91288171
>i couldn't stand through it a second time i'm afraid.
What purpose does this part of your post serve?
>>
>>91287994

They were reflecting today's media where if you simply set a narrative anything you do can be construed negatively or put so it fits the narrative.

Also being a hero with incredible power while not working for the government or law enforcement doing state wide feats is controversial.

Our media would lose their damn minds.
>>
>>91288157
lead makes sense. him being comfortable doesn't. there's mass protests against him just outside. he is clearly viewed as a suspicious agent at best, and an enemy by many. he is going to a very controversial hearing. there will be many important people in there. if he's comfortable and relaxed in this environment, he is truly retarded.
>>
>>91288185
explains why i missed the scene in the extended edition that answers my question while also expressing my opinion about the movie.
>>
>>91288175
I disagree and you haven't said anything that refutes this
>>91288065

All you've said is that the scene is pointless because of the preist offers him nothing.
I've told you that one of the themes of the films is people reacting to Clark.
And i've said that blockbuster movies are supposed to be entertaining.

Both of these things make the scene not pointless.

You seem to disagree, but you can't articulate why.

>At no point did they establish Clark as being particularly religious, nor his parents.
Assuming that mid west farmers are atheists is beyond retarded.
>>
>>91288222

>Being naive and wanting to see the best in humans

Well sorry that he actually wanted to try for humanity and let his guard down.

It's easy to speak from hindsight. Again, you're projecting your own standards. The movie even said that's what people were doing.
>>
File: Superdickery.jpg (6KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
Superdickery.jpg
6KB, 205x246px
>>91288206
So basically Snyder reduces everyone on the planet to a paranoid cynic, up to and including the iconic Pa Kent character.
Everyone is the worst sort of shitlord possible so that Superman has to railed against while saving people from a rooftop from a disastrous flood.
That's just plotting a poor narrative to justify some conflicts you want rolling later in the picture. It's not good storytelling.

I don't even know why we are bothering here, you've eaten two of these turd sandwiches, complimented the chef, and expressed your willingness to eat further turds.
We don't even have the basis for a conversation, just an argument.

I'm just gonna hope that WB throws this franchise to someone with better skills and appreciation for the mythos.
>>
>>91288377
>So basically Snyder reduces everyone on the planet to a paranoid cynic
Just look at American politics right now.
>>
>>91288309
>he actually wanted to try for humanity and let his guard down.

that makes him literally retarded. believing in humanity and not double-checking security in an incredibly vulnerable situation are two very separate things. these aren't my standards, these are standard rational courses of action.

>i believe in humanity so i won't lock my doors
>i believe in humanity so i'll share my bank password with everyone
>i believe in humanity so i'll leave my children with strangers
>>
>>91288388
>>i believe in humanity so i won't lock my doors
this was common practice until around 40 years ago
>>
File: Enchantress Dance.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Enchantress Dance.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>91285801
Sure thing bro.
>>
>>91288407
that's not when the movie takes place.
>>
>>91288023
>Being a sovereign super power is inherently controversial
Which isn't actually addressed anywhere. That entire storyline is just completely dropped after the bombing.
>>
>>91288303
>I've told you that one of the themes of the films is people reacting to Clark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4teJPCcJSQ0
The scene starts at 2:00.
The priest's entire reaction is a "go with your Gut Feeling" and "take a leap of faith."
He doesn't even try to frame Clark's plight with some insight he has as a man of faith (because that would require a better writer than Goyer).
He gets the same advice he'd get from a little league coach or his Mom.

Superman should have started this conversation by flying into a news studio, or holding a press conference in the public square; instead he lurks in the back of a church and tells a guy "there's aliens out there, I am one" when the entire world is by this point completely aware that they are being menaced by hostile aliens.

And in return gets advice to "go do what you think you should."

Garbage, pointless scene; exists for a long cut of Clark standing next to Jesus with a priest looking on him in wonder.
Sometimes hackneyed religious symbology is just hackneyed religious symbology.
Clearly it's super-effective on you though.
>>
>>91288424
But Clark was raised when that was common practice, especially out in the country.
>>
>>91288462
>Which isn't actually addressed anywhere.
Yes it objectively is.
>That entire storyline is just completely dropped after the bombing.
This isn't relevant to your first statement.
>>
>>91288386
>Just look at American politics right now.

>Every paid talking head, professional politician and needy attention-whore on the internet is perfectly representative of larger America.
Eat shit.
There's nothing worse than a high school babby who's trying to make insightful political commentary.
>>
>>91288490
and he moved to the city and started working as a journalist which by it's nature is a job that requires skepticism. not being able to adapt to circumstances is a sign of retardation, or at the very least stupidity.
>>
>>91288474
>Garbage, pointless scene; exists for a long cut of Clark standing next to Jesus with a priest looking on him in wonder.
nope
As explained here
>>91288303

I think you're going to just not agree with me. That's fine.
>>
>>91288532
>As explained here
Serving as a reaction shot to one civilian is not a justification for this entire scene. The movie repeatedly uses the element of people staring up at Clark/Alien carnage in awe.
>>
>>91288303
Mid-west farmers with an alien for a son.
>>
>>91288511
?
The partisan divide of America definitely has shades of distrustful cynicism in there.

>>91288525
>and he moved to the city and started working as a journalist which by it's nature is a job that requires skepticism.
Did you not see the movie?
He keeps trying to write pieces on helping good people in fear. The problem is that he's not jaded enough for the paper.

>>91288564
>Serving as a reaction shot to one civilian is not a justification for this entire scene.
for you
Really, a meme response is all you warrant at this point. You're just doing that thing where you hate first and make up bullshit reasons later.

>>91288569
>God created the heavens
>>
>>91288616
>He keeps trying to write pieces on helping good people in fear. The problem is that he's not jaded enough for the paper.

again, mental retardation.
>>
File: Pa Kent Wisdom.jpg (252KB, 1086x792px) Image search: [Google]
Pa Kent Wisdom.jpg
252KB, 1086x792px
>>91288569
Not to mention a Mid-west farmer who WOULDN'T go discuss this revelation with a priest,
but WOULD send in alien fragments to a big University scientist for examination.
Pa Kent never comes off as religious, nor does he ever invoke "God's plan" or anything like it when he's spouting all of his "you'll change the world" stuff at his boy.

I could have forgiven the church scene if Goyer and Synder had established the Kents as being devout.
>>
>>91288648
Explain how the statement you quoted is false.
I don't even get why you're arguing with me.
>>
File: 1377322745363.jpg (60KB, 320x312px) Image search: [Google]
1377322745363.jpg
60KB, 320x312px
>>91288616
>Really, a meme response is all you warrant at this point.
It's all you've provided the entire time.
All you do is respond with "nuh uh" and "for me" and act like you've scored a winning point.
>>
>>91288652
Damn, I used to have the counterpart/refutation meme image for that one, but that was like 2 computers ago.
>>
>>91288666
i'm not saying it's false, i'm saying it's proof of superman's mental retardation, which is a problem with the movie. most characters seem to be of below-average intelligence, even the ones that are supposed to be smart.

i guess it would be ok if we accepted that snyder-verse is an even stupider version of regular dc-verse.
>>
>>91288684
>and act like you've scored a winning point.
This right here is your issue.

>>91288716
>i'm saying it's proof of superman's mental retardation
But it's not.
His actions at the Planet run counter to the meme of him not being a heroic soul in Snyder's world, so you are resorting to shitposting.
>>
>>91288503
>Yes it objectively is.
Asking the question about what he means and what he should do isn't actually addressing the question though. It's just asking more questions. Where precisely do they actually address being a sovereign super power?
>This isn't relevant to your first statement.

>dropping a storyline that the entire movie was setting up right in the middle with zero payoff
>not relevant
wew boy
That dropped storyline was almost as bad as how they just completely dropped the "if we believe there's even a one percent chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty" Batman paranoia story.
>>
>>91288759
no, him not even suspecting bombs is a very stupid thing to do, no adult of average intelligence would do this. him not being able to adapt to the understanding of security and skepticism in the modern world is another indicator of this.

of course i know this is a result of bad writing, and not him being actually retarded.
>>
>>91288763
if superman is a dangerous enough to threaten humanity and batman can take him out, shouldn't batman kill himself as he is obviously another massive threat to humanity?
>>
File: Perry_White_discussing_ideas.jpg (249KB, 2000x1335px) Image search: [Google]
Perry_White_discussing_ideas.jpg
249KB, 2000x1335px
>>91288616
Perry White is yet another iconic supporting character that had to be reduced to a nonsensical asshat, to serve the narrative purpose. MoS and BvS shit on Pa, Perry, Jimmy, really all the supporting characters of the Superman Mythos. Ma Kent is reduced to nothing more than "sad compassionate mother figure" and Lois is stripped down to the "plucky reporter gal in preposterously dangerous situations" from the old B&W television shows.

A good writer and director could have made a statement about stolid, Old Media having more conviction than the cynical 24 hour news cycle, but instead they make Perry a boneheaded asshole for no raisin.

As big a shit that gets taken on the character of Superman, reduced to a neurotic, indecisive child, none of the other characters get better treated.

Snyder takes a broad dump on everything Superman, and we are treated to a few faggots who just eat that shit up, because they never liked Superman (though they will claim otherwise.)
>>
>>91288900
>hey clark, you're on sports this week
>next week, you'll do celebrity gossip

love his unorthodox newspaper management style.
>>
>>91288882
If Superman is seen as so powerful that he can threaten the world Superpowers, doesn't it seem rather like bad writing that the US government would engage him by threatening the one person who's interacted with him, slapping handcuffs (really?) on him and interrogating him like he's a spy?

Did they think he was that threatening, or did they think handcuffs and one-way mirrors would work? Goyer seems unclear himself.
>>
>>91288978
i won't argue that it's badly written, but this type of redundant symbolic regulation shit is what the army lives for.
>>
>>91288953
J.J.J. has always been a character who wanted a glossy Spider-Man headline to move his paper;
Perry is reduced to a guy who doesn't want to believe his ace reporter after she's mysteriously had her intestines welded together at a gov't black site, and would rather run the H.S. Football scores than "Batman terrorizes Underworld".

Sad.
>>
>>91289010
Like most authorities, the Army will push around and intimidate whoever they think they are stronger than, and behave themselves when they have doubts.

Clearly at the point they were pushing around Clark, they thought he could be "contained" by cuffs and a few guys with M-16's.
>>
File: Day the Earth Stood Still.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Day the Earth Stood Still.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>91289010
In spite of Capekinoists story that Snyder is trying to break Ye Olde Superman Conventions, the military's response to Superman in MoS is pure 1950's "Day the Earth Stood Still" tripe.

The silly notion that if advanced or powerful ambassadors capable of traveling the stars reached our world, the immediate response by government would be pistol-whipping their ambassador and throwing him in a cell.

He's making "intelligent-sounding" movies for retards.
>>
>>91287034
Hmmm that's a good point. I just wish some of the more intriguing aspects of the movie could have been a little more fleshed out. There's an A+ movie hidden in there that pokes out every now & then. But overall, I'm content with the final product. Regardless of what anyone says I think the takes on the characters were fresh while drawing from many different aspects of the source material & remaining true to the cores of each character. I too am stoked to see an adaptation of Johns' new52 JL. I thought the main problem with that 1st arc was Darkseid acting like Mongul or something in his motivation. Having Steppenwolf take his place was a smart move in my opinion.
Thread posts: 421
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.