[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf I'm actually rooting for the Joker now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: 404s4erhycpy.jpg (197KB, 750x1104px) Image search: [Google]
404s4erhycpy.jpg
197KB, 750x1104px
Wtf I'm actually rooting for the Joker now
>>
File: C8fwzBfUAAEp3EY.jpg (93KB, 773x419px) Image search: [Google]
C8fwzBfUAAEp3EY.jpg
93KB, 773x419px
Joker is finally looking classy again. It only took King to make things right.
>>
>>91276701
I honestly think after Snyder's run editorial said "please fix this mess."

King has done a lot to put the characters back to where they should be.
>>
For some reason I really don't like this Riddler.
>>
>>91276607
So this entire arc is gonna be a flashback, right?
>>
>>91276701
Reminder this arc is a flashback directly after zero year,joker looks flashy because Batman RIP/Death of the family and Endgame haven't happened yet
>>
File: bm_25.jpg (274KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bm_25.jpg
274KB, 791x1200px
>it's another "I'm Batman's greatest enemy" episode

Guess we already know what side Batman will be on.
>>
>>91276825
Editorial already retconned Snyder's Joker to being a fake and then King retconned Year One back into continuity.
>>
>>91276890
Snyders joker hasn't been retconned all Johns did was reveal they were two more and that plot thread has gone literally knowhere,even the year one reference is flimsy,they were panels from year one of Bruce meeting Selina but we stil have Night of monster men and riddler himself referencing zero year in kings run.
>>
>>91276880
The Riddler already said that "I remember the War of Jokes and Riddles. I remember what he did". It's obvious that Batman sided with his boyfriend.
>>
File: lego bfs.jpg (456KB, 1130x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lego bfs.jpg
456KB, 1130x1280px
>>91276986
Duh
>>
>>91276986
Or sided with Riddler and betrayed him.
>>
>>91276607
I want to be excited for this, but I have lost any hope I had for King's run to be good.
>>
>>91276951
Kek how are you this dense? They announced the 3 Jokers specifically to make Snyder's a fake because every long time fan hated it but the normies loved it.
>>
File: IMG_0350.jpg (667KB, 2048x1552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0350.jpg
667KB, 2048x1552px
>>91276986
>>91277045
>>
Remember when the Joker had his face cut off? Boy, that sure was stupid.
>>
>>91276951
3 Joker's thing is still happening. The Rebirth mystery is suppose to be a two year story. They will get to the three Joker story soon. Just let the writers tell the stories they want to tell.
>>
>>91277217
It will happen but like >>91277093
Said it was primarily to keep Snyder's run in continuity for the new readers while retconning him for the old fans.
>>
My only disappointment about this is that it’s a flashback story, not set in the now. But I guess they’ve got to save the big Joker present day stuff or when the Rebirth dominoes fall.
>>
>>91277093
Sure that might be the purpose but again noghing has come of it yet,might Snyders joker be a replica,other dimension,clone or the legit one,we'll see.Claiming he's already been retconned out is a tad too soon to tell,remember everyone was certain rebirth was done to eliminate and ignore new 52 superman,turns out they just fused him with Superdad.Wouldnt be surprised if they did something similar with the jokers as well.
>>
>>91276607

>war of jokes and riddles

This is the dumbest comicbook idea since that story with all the new color lanterns.
>>
>>91276607
>>91276701
This art is god-tier.
>>
>>91277505
Hey man that's cool, glad you can form an opinion on a comic you've never read.

What's that? How do you know that shit comes out of my asshole?
>>
File: Gordon.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gordon.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
I know of a way to end this war Nygma, but we need Batman for it to work.
>>
>>91277505
What's so dumb about a gang war between Riddler and Joker?
>>
>>91276607
>Poison Ivy vs. Mr. Freeze
>Mad Hatter vs. Scarecrow
>Ventriloquist and Scarface vs. Two-Face
>Deadshot vs. Deathstroke
>Penguin vs. Firefly
>Killer Croc vs. Solomon Grundy
>Man-Bat vs. Clayface
>2 issues focused on Kite-Man
Are you hyped bros?
>>
>>91277584

It's bad specifically because the characters in the story are actually referring to it as the "war of jokes and riddles." If they just had a story about villains fighting each other that'd be fine, but the name is retardedly gimmicky and on the nose.
>>
>>91277689
I don't really care about matchups in comics. I prefer good stories.
>>
>>91277698
You realise this is the Joker and the fucking Riddler we're talking about. Of course they'd call it something hammy like the war of jokes and riddles.
>>
>>91277539
Agreed I am super hype for this shit. I have waited to long for classic joker and we get more rogue gallery interaction. Fuck the haters HYPE.
>>
>>91277741
>I prefer good stories
but you're reading cape comics
>>
>>91277689
>>Poison Ivy vs. Mr. Freeze
Freeze wins

>>Mad Hatter vs. Scarecrow
Could go either way

>>Ventriloquist and Scarface vs. Two-Face
Two-Face probably wins

>>Deadshot vs. Deathstroke
Not even a contest

>>Penguin vs. Firefly
I'd say Firefly, but Penguin has plot armor

>>Killer Croc vs. Solomon Grundy
Solomon Grundy SHOULD win, but King nerfed him and now he's weaker than Bane

>>Man-Bat vs. Clayface
Could go either way
>>
I don't get King's Batman. Compared to the other stuff he's written it's pretty generic. Not saying he's the next Morrison or anything like that but it doesn't seem like he's really trying to say anything with this book.
>>
Janin keeps getting better.
>>
>>91277840
At tracing?
>>
>>91277826
>it's pretty generic
In what way? In the plots or scripts? Because I've seen a lot of people complain that his scripts aren't what they normally expect(dialogue, the Gotham and Gotham Girl characters, Bat/Cat, etc).

If you mean plot, well, Vision was just another story of him creating his own family and it blowing up in his face. The most common cyborg story, the "I have feelings too" story.
>>
>>91277814
Man-Bat has nothing to defeat Clayface. Scarecrow shouldn't have difficulties beating Hatter.
>>
>>91277665
Mostly the idea of other Bat villains taking sides.

If this was just Riddler and Joker and their henchmen I would be cool with this.
>>
>>91278159
>Mostly the idea of other Bat villains taking sides.
Why would any named villain Gotham side with the Joker?
>>
>>91278205
This is Joker in his early days, presumably other villains hadn't realized just how crazy and wild the Joker really is.
>>
>>91278205
Jokee usually promises the world to them but ends up twisting what they asked for or fucking them over.
>>
>>91276757
It's a flashback
>>
>>91277826
Writing an A lister comes with a lot of editorial restrictions, so he can't take as many risks as with Vision or Omega-men which are characters nobody particularity cares about.
>>
File: 112.png (166KB, 296x253px) Image search: [Google]
112.png
166KB, 296x253px
>>91277689
>Characters that aren't popular with normies get their ass kicked back to the background
>Anti-heroes get their ass kissed
>Joker goes full "All according to Keikaku" in the end
>LoL, Joker is and aways will be the most dangerous (When Ra's Al Ghul posse isn't around) Batman villain
>>
>>91278300
I'm pretty excited to find out what that 12 issue book based on another obscure DC property he's starting in July is.
>>
>>91276607
>rooting
>>
>>91277202
That was actually great in the context of Endgame. If Joker really had regenerative powers, it means that he had to slice off his face every time it grew back, so that he could keep up appearances and keep everyone from knowing his secret.
>>
I think that the three Jokers thing is supposed to lead to Batman finding out the way the entire history of DC worked with all the reboots and everything.
They also hinted at it in Catwoman arc, where he remembers their first meeting as it happened in the 40s and Selina remembers the Year One version of events.
>>
>>91277689
I'm down for most of these, though I'd prefer the last two match-ups' opponents be switched.
>>
>>91276890
>King retcon Year One into continuity
Pls post pic. I love Year One. I always try to tie it into Golden Age Batman in my head canon.
>>
>>91276607
At least the sweat looks like sweat and not like cum.
>>
>>91277814

>>Mad Hatter vs. Scarecrow
Mad Hatter based on his appearances in King's

>>Deadshot vs. Deathstroke
Deadshot
Advertising Deadshot facing off against Deathstroke like this tells me DC''s trying to build on Deadshot's recognition and character status..

>>Man-Bat vs.Clayface

Clayface unless they choose to use Clayface being defeated / almost dying as a way to turn him iback towards the path of evil.
>>
>>91277826
so far i'll take king over snyder any day. he isn't afraid to have fun or reference dank memes. he seems pretty self-aware to the point that the dialogue he is writing seems to be poking fun at bendis speak also.
>>
>>91277217
They're all real. But the boland one is the main one.

I'm gonna dog the earth 2 one in his prime.
>>
>>91284181
>Clayface unless they choose to use Clayface being defeated / almost dying as a way to turn him iback towards the path of evil.
This story takes place in the past, so that won't be happening.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.